Gamestop/EB April FSI Sale 4/2-4/9 (B2G1 FREE, Free Games, Price Drops etc)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Two Day Sale 4/2-4/4
-Get Fable Lost Chapters (XB) or Conker (XB) FREE when you purchase the following:
Call of Duty Big Red One XB $39.99
*The Incredibles 2 XB $29.99
*Sonic Riders XB $39.99
*Winning Eleven Soccer 9 XB $39.99

4/2 - 4/9
-Free Spongbob Squarepants the Movie GBA game when you purchase TWO of the following:
Spongbob Squarepants Lights Camera Action GBA $29.99
*Zoo Tycoon DS $29.99
*Spongbob Squarepants yellow avenger DS $29.99
*Nicktoon Unite DS $29.99

-Sale $9.99 (regular price $14.99-$19.99)
Sonic Heroes PC
*Madagascar PS2/GC
*Shrek 2 PS2/GC
*Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2/GC
*XBOX 360 Skins for console (selected ones)

-
Sale $14.99 (regular price $19.99)
Bratz GBA
*Sonic Gem Collection GC
*Sonic Heroes PS2
*Sonic Mega Collection GC
*Sonic Mega Collection Plus PS2
*Virtua Tennis PSP
*GTA San Andreas PS2/XB

-Sale $19.99 (regular price $29.99-$39.99)
*Chronicles of Narnia PS2/XB/GC
*City of Villans PC
*Crash Tag Team Racing PSP/PS2/GC
*Yoshi Island GBA
*True Crime NYC XB
*Super Mario Advance GBA
*PSP Mobile Pro Bundle Accessory Pack

-Sale $29.99 (regular price $34.99-$49.99)
*24 The Game PS2
*DBZ Tenkaichi PS2
*F.E.A.R. PC
*Ice Age 2 PS2/XB/GC
*Marc Eckos Getting Up PS2
*Quake IV PC
*Sonic Riders PS2/GC
*Shadow The Hedgehog PS2

-Save $20.00 when you purchase any 2 Activision 360 Game on the same receipt
*Tony Hawk American Wasteland
*Quake 4
*Gun
*Call of Duty 2

-Condemned Criminal Orgins XB360 - $49.99

-Save $80.00 on a XBOX 360 system when you trade in a complete original XBOX system.

-Free Katamari Zipper Pouch
w/purchase of Me and My Katamari (while supplies last)

-Free Dynasty Warriors Empires Art Book
w/purchase of 360 Dynasty Warriors Empires ($39.99)

-Get a new XBOX 360 Game for free when you trade in two XBOX 360 games.

-Free select GAMECUBE players choice game with a purchase of a new Gamecube hardware system

-FREE USED GAME when you purchase 2 used games (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
*Lowest price or equal value game will be the free one

-FREE USED DVD when you purchase 2 used dvds (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
Lowest price or equal value dvd will be the free one

-EXTRA 10% trade in credit when you apply trade credit towards a pre-order of any game not out.

Picked up
Shadow Hearts Covenant 17.99
Robot Alchemic Drive 17.99
Suikoden IV - free

and

DDR Mario Mix - $44.99
Digital devil saga 1 - $44.99
Fatal Frame 3 - free (hard to decide between it and tales of Legendia.)

All 360.

Fight Night Round 3 - $54.99
Call of Duty 2 - $54.99
Dead or Alive 4 - Free

Wanted to get Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (even shows up on the game locator) but they said that it was sold out.

[quote name='TheRock88']
Wanted to get Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (even shows up on the game locator) but they said that it was sold out.[/QUOTE]
I cant tell you how many times the games show up on the inventory locater and i go to the store and I cant find it. I ask the employees and they say they dont have it. But the game locator says they have it for days and sometimes weeks after I go look for it. Hmmmm........

I picked up:

The Godfather - Xbox
Metroid Prime: Hunters - NDS
Red Ninja - Xbox

all a little less than $60...

BUT - I then took Red Ninja by a Game Rush and traded it in for $27 in SC, so I ended up with GF and MP:H for about $22 bucks AND the $27 in credit paid off the rest of the new Tomb Raider and Battlefield 2 for the X360, which I'd nearly paid for with 4 previous copies of Red Ninja, soooo...

...I ended up with 2 X360 games, the GF and MP:H for a total of about $82 bucks!

God bless EB games and Game Rush (and Circuit City)...

Went and picked up

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II PS2
Atelier Iris
Suikoden III (unfortunately came from an asshat that smoked so it reeks - thnking about returning it for Ys or Growlanser)

Total = $53
Then im planning on selling BG2 for $35 on ebay. So about $20 for Atelier Iris & Suikoden III ain't too shabby!

Almost went as planned..

Lost in Blue (DS): $24.99
Warrior Within (GC): $17.99
Phantasy Star Collection (GBA): $17.99 -> free
Under $14 a pop.

The Metroid Prime: Hunters they had was cart-only, as the manager had given the case to a friend. Thanks. But if I don't end up liking Lost in Blue, I'm sure someone on here will want to trade for it.

Guy tried to talk me into buying a 360 since they had 6 in the back. They'd been trying to sell them all weekend with no bites.

[quote name='botticus']Almost went as planned..

Lost in Blue (DS): $24.99
Warrior Within (GC): $17.99
Phantasy Star Collection (GBA): $17.99 -> free
Under $14 a pop.

The Metroid Prime: Hunters they had was cart-only, as the manager had given the case to a friend. Thanks. But if I don't end up liking Lost in Blue, I'm sure someone on here will want to trade for it.

Guy tried to talk me into buying a 360 since they had 6 in the back. They'd been trying to sell them all weekend with no bites.[/quote]
i went to my local GS sunday at 11:00 am and i was the 2nd person in the store....in the next 5 minutes, 20+ people lined up to buy 360 ;o i was like damn...now i don't get to buy my games b/c most of them are trading-in systems or games..... grrrrrrrrrrrr

i ended up going to the mall in the next plaza for 1 hour and then come back to buy the games i wanted, and there were still 5+ ppl in line!

crazy! on the desk behind the cashiers, there were like 10+ systems! and like 50+ games (probably more)

most of the people in line were moms buying 360 for their teenage kids and asking questions like "should i get the wireless internet adapter...etc..etc..."

also, watching those people paying full retails for games is just amazing....people were buying 5X copies of 360 games + the system + accessories and were happy as hell ;O i couldn't stop laughing when i was grabbing B2G1 free games

Picked up Kirby Amazing Mirror (missing a manual, but gf bought it), Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, and another Megaman X: Maverick Hunter (both complete).

Oddworld and MMX are on my TL now.

Damn, an EB near me (but not TOO near) supposedly has DDS, DDS 2, and Legendia in stock. As all of these are games I can't acquire at GR I'm very tempted. I do have some leftover EB credit that I don't see myself using any time soon. But still, we're talking nearly $90 in credit for those 3 games. I'd do it if all three are in stunning mint condition. But what are the chances of that, after I drive the 20 miles (each way)? Meh...

i picked up SW KOTOR 2, jade empire, and advent rising. i came home and found out advent rising doesn't work on 360 so it looks like im going back tonight. luckily i left the cool white 7 day return sticker on the case.

Crap, ULtimate Spiderman is now 17.99 used.. I'd much rather have that than Lost in Blue. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and see if I can arrange that.

Gah, all the games that I'm interested are spread out throughout the city, anybody have any suggestions? Would Gamestop have a problem with me buying games "X" and "Y" and returning them at store "Z" and rebuying all three(unopened) to take advantage of the deal or would that cause friction with the employees? Thanks.

[quote name='sanjuro']Gah, all the games that I'm interested are spread out throughout the city, anybody have any suggestions? Would Gamestop have a problem with me buying games "X" and "Y" and returning them at store "Z" and rebuying all three(unopened) to take advantage of the deal or would that cause friction with the employees? Thanks.[/quote]

Im planning on returning a smoky and scratched up suikoden III to a different gamestop that has a copy according to online search to exchange.

Tobal No.1- 3.99
Misadventures of Tron Bonne- 6.99
Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories- Free (3.99)

Area 51 (PS2)- 17.99
Threads of Fate- 14.99
RPG Maker- Free (12.99)

Madagascar- 17.99
Diablo 17.99
Silent Hill 3- Free

Also got a buttload of penny guides :D . I'm happy.

Suikoden II - $50
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - $25
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $35
Metroid Prime Hunters - $25.....crap might have to grab this, even though i do not own a ds yet.....hmmmmm

That is what I am picking up tomorrow. Can't believe I will be grabbing all these sweet games. Will finally be able to play Suikoden II without paying an arm and leg for it.

[quote name='Prepster']Suikoden II - $50
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - $25
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $35
Metroid Prime Hunters - $25.....crap might have to grab this, even though i do not own a ds yet.....hmmmmm

That is what I am picking up tomorrow. Can't believe I will be grabbing all these sweet games. Will finally be able to play Suikoden II without paying an arm and leg for it.[/QUOTE]
Lucky! I NEVER see a suikoden II at any stores. Either everybody sells them on ebay and never trades them in or the employees buy the game as soon as it is traded.

[quote name='addicted2games']Lucky! I NEVER see a suikoden II at any stores. Either everybody sells them on ebay and never trades them in or the employees buy the game as soon as it is traded.[/quote]

I know, I am crossing my fingers its still there tomorrow once I get home from work.

[quote name='sanjuro']Gah, all the games that I'm interested are spread out throughout the city, anybody have any suggestions? Would Gamestop have a problem with me buying games "X" and "Y" and returning them at store "Z" and rebuying all three(unopened) to take advantage of the deal or would that cause friction with the employees? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the store. They threatened to tell my DM and get me fired when I tried doing this at a store today. Darnit!

[quote name='sanjuro']Gah, all the games that I'm interested are spread out throughout the city, anybody have any suggestions? Would Gamestop have a problem with me buying games "X" and "Y" and returning them at store "Z" and rebuying all three(unopened) to take advantage of the deal or would that cause friction with the employees? Thanks.[/quote] Same situation. I've already got two games at two different gamestops. I have to get the third at another gamestop. I asked the cashiers at both the gamestops I went to so far and they said that they have to allow you to do a b2g1 even if you pick up the games from different stores. Then again, nearly every gamestop I go to has chill employees, not rude assholes that don't give a fuck about working (gamecrazy). I've had mostly good experinces with ebgames as well.

Not like you should have to wonder. I was pretty sure they should allow you to do so. I love gamestop b&m and have never had a problem.. that was until they switched to yellow ebgames stickers.. :wall:

[quote name='vietgurl']It depends on the store. They threatened to tell my DM and get me fired when I tried doing this at a store today. Darnit![/QUOTE]
Don't you work at ebgames mira mesa? I usually never go there. I always hit up gamestop mira mesa and carmel mountain which are closest to where I live, but I also stop by at least ten other gamestops/ebgames because I'm always up north or down south in san diego.

Damn, I went to trade in my Xbox for a 360 today and checked my reciept, they only gave me $50 credit not the $80 like advertised! I'm going back anyway to sort this out, what should I expect, are they going to feed me some line or will they be fair and give me that partial refund or at least store credit?

[quote name='io']Damn, an EB near me (but not TOO near) supposedly has DDS, DDS 2, and Legendia in stock. As all of these are games I can't acquire at GR I'm very tempted. I do have some leftover EB credit that I don't see myself using any time soon. But still, we're talking nearly $90 in credit for those 3 games. I'd do it if all three are in stunning mint condition. But what are the chances of that, after I drive the 20 miles (each way)? Meh...[/QUOTE]

You got a good chance those games will come in mint or near-mint condition.The people buy or tradin rpgs keep it in good conditon.I got mint or near mint on the follow games:shin megami nocturne,tales of legendia,shadow hearts,shadow hearts 3,x2 shadowhearts convenant,koudelke,xenogears,parasite eve 2,stella deus,suikoden tactics,lunar silver story,dragon quest 8 and wild arms alter f during the buy 2 get 1 free sale.The only 4 rpgs weren't near mint but excellent condition X2 baldur gate,diablo and legend of mana.You got a slim chance that you will get the deluxe box for Digital Saga 1.

Dang,no Suikoden IV today. They got the Suikoden IV case,but they cant find the game.I made a rookie mistake of not checking the game first.I was bit of rush trying to jump as many gs and eb in one day.A trainee give me two Metal Gear 2 Regular edition instead two Substance.I guess I have to return those.Time to ebay and goo gone the extra rare games I don't need.

[quote name='sanjuro']Gah, all the games that I'm interested are spread out throughout the city, anybody have any suggestions? Would Gamestop have a problem with me buying games "X" and "Y" and returning them at store "Z" and rebuying all three(unopened) to take advantage of the deal or would that cause friction with the employees? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Same problem here...

Went to Gamestop yesterday and got ..

Shadow of the Colossus (Free)
The Godfather (34.99)
Path of Neo (39.99)

I wanted to get God of war but they didn't have it even though the website said they had 1-3. ohh well.

I grabbed...

Indigo Prophecy $18
X-Men Legends II $18
Dual Hearts -free

anyone know anything about Dual Hearts? Its an Atlus RPG, and I had never seen it before, so I picked it up.

They had copies of PTO V at 2 different stores I went to, but none of them had instruction books, so I passed.

I was in my local EB yesterday and saw shelves, with literally hundreds of gutted game boxes. I asked the guy if these games were used, he said 'no they are all new'. I decided not to get into the argument about how opened, empty boxes sans game disc or instruction book can be considered 'new'. Tons of gutted boxes of PS2, and GBA.... gutted games make baby Jesus cry... =(

[quote name='KDub']Damn, I went to trade in my Xbox for a 360 today and checked my reciept, they only gave me $50 credit not the $80 like advertised! I'm going back anyway to sort this out, what should I expect, are they going to feed me some line or will they be fair and give me that partial refund or at least store credit?[/quote]

why would you trade in an xbox 360? thats more 50% depreciation! oh my!

[quote name='DuckM4n']why would you trade in an xbox 360? thats more 50% depreciation! oh my![/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by KDub
Damn, I went to trade in my Xbox for a 360 today and checked my reciept, they only gave me $50 credit not the $80 like advertised! I'm going back anyway to sort this out, what should I expect, are they going to feed me some line or will they be fair and give me that partial refund or at least store credit?

He's trading in his Xbox for a 360.

Oh, I forgot to mention this little "DUH" moment that happened at a GameStop on Sunday. I was looking thru the used XBOX games (gotta love that B2G1 Free!). A couple walked in with their son. They were looking for a game system and wanted to know the price of a used/refurbed PS2. The clerk filled them in on the prices of PS2s.

Apparently the couple had a certain amount they could (or were going to) spend on a system for their son. They were wanting to get a PS2 and a game. The clerk then told them in order to save progress they would need a memory card. They asked how much a memory card cost and were told $10 for a used one. The couple started discussing the overall cost of a system, game and memory card. They had basically decided they could afford the system, a game and the used $10 memory card.

Then, like an IDIOT, the clerk pipes up and mentions that you can't save that many games on the smaller $10 memory card. I guess he figured that if they were pretty much set on purchasing the stuff he could get a few extra bucks out of em for a larger memory card. It wouldn't have been a bad idea to suggest something like a larger memory card being able to store more (for just a little more money). But, the way he put it, the smaller card wasn't good to buy. So, the couple decided NOT to purchase the stuff and left...lmao. The clerk lost a sale because he was trying to push stuff rather than "offering" it as an upgrade...DOH!

Some of the clerks at the game stores I go to know their stuff and have good sales skills. Others just don't have a clue (and probably won't learn any time soon...lol).

Yesterday I picked up

1st Gamestop:

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (XB) 24.99
God of War 17.99
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes FREE

2nd Gamestop:
Gun (XB) 17.99
Ninja Gaiden (XB) 12.99
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons FREE

Then, last night I try to play Gun and both Gun and Ninja Gaiden are just empty cases... damnit I hate to have to drive back there, and I sure hope they aren't dicks and just beleive me.

[quote name='Machikunas']Yesterday I picked up

1st Gamestop:

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (XB) 24.99
God of War 17.99
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes FREE

2nd Gamestop:
Gun (XB) 17.99
Ninja Gaiden (XB) 12.99
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons FREE

Then, last night I try to play Gun and both Gun and Ninja Gaiden are just empty cases... damnit I hate to have to drive back there, and I sure hope they aren't dicks and just beleive me.[/QUOTE]

thats why u have to check before buying them. when i buy used games i check the discs if its scratched or anything. yesterday i went to buy persona 2 and some other games. i checked persona, one of the discs has been GameDoctored. so i told her to exchange another one.

[quote name='Ecofreak']That and Valkyrie Profile. ;)[/QUOTE]

aint gonna happen. sqeenix is porting VP to the PSP

[quote name='DuckM4n']why would you trade in an xbox 360? thats more 50% depreciation! oh my![/quote]it would actually be more than 80% if he only got $50 for his 360

I had bought a 360 on Sunday, and was simply going in to pick up one game, but ended up with:
Dead or Alive 4
Call of Duty 2
Perfect Dark 0 - free

on second thought, I wish I had gotten Condemned or Quake 4 instead of PDZ, but oh well, the game is still pretty good.

picked up...

Time Crisis: Cris (with guncon) -16.19
Disc: 1.80 GMR 10%

Jak 3 -16.19
Disc: 1.80 GMR 10%

Zone Of the Ender: The 2nd runner -0.01
Disc: 17.98 Promotion Not Found

EB EDGE Discount -5.00

total: 39.66

I picked up

PGR3 (XB 360)
King Kong (XB 360)
Gun (XB 360)

Total was $88. That comes out to about $29 and some change per game. Good but not great. I should have waited for then all to drop to $20, but I wanted some new XB 360 games

I went in today and asked if I could mix and match the games and DVDs, they said that it was alright, so I ended up getting:

Batman The Animated Series Volume 1
Tales of Symphonia
Skies of Arcadia Legends - Free

picked up:

Devil May Cry 1 $10
Wipeout Fusion $8
----
Tekken Tag Tournament - $0

$17 after edge

doesn't get much better than that for $17.

after my 360 bit the dust, I returned the games to EB. They hadn't put the used game seal/sticker on them, so they gave me a refund. But the guy at the counter said that he couldn't refund me anything for the PDZ since it was free, and asked if I wanted to trade it in....so basically I ended up with my cash back and picked up a copy of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, which is one of the better Xbox games I've played.

I picked up:

Suikoden III
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Resident Evil DS

On hindsight, I probably should have picked up Capcom vs. SNK 2 instead of Resident Evil DS, but oh well.

bread's done
Back