Gamestop/EB April FSI Sale 4/2-4/9 (B2G1 FREE, Free Games, Price Drops etc)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Two Day Sale 4/2-4/4
-Get Fable Lost Chapters (XB) or Conker (XB) FREE when you purchase the following:
Call of Duty Big Red One XB $39.99
*The Incredibles 2 XB $29.99
*Sonic Riders XB $39.99
*Winning Eleven Soccer 9 XB $39.99

4/2 - 4/9
-Free Spongbob Squarepants the Movie GBA game when you purchase TWO of the following:
Spongbob Squarepants Lights Camera Action GBA $29.99
*Zoo Tycoon DS $29.99
*Spongbob Squarepants yellow avenger DS $29.99
*Nicktoon Unite DS $29.99

-Sale $9.99 (regular price $14.99-$19.99)
Sonic Heroes PC
*Madagascar PS2/GC
*Shrek 2 PS2/GC
*Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2/GC
*XBOX 360 Skins for console (selected ones)

-
Sale $14.99 (regular price $19.99)
Bratz GBA
*Sonic Gem Collection GC
*Sonic Heroes PS2
*Sonic Mega Collection GC
*Sonic Mega Collection Plus PS2
*Virtua Tennis PSP
*GTA San Andreas PS2/XB

-Sale $19.99 (regular price $29.99-$39.99)
*Chronicles of Narnia PS2/XB/GC
*City of Villans PC
*Crash Tag Team Racing PSP/PS2/GC
*Yoshi Island GBA
*True Crime NYC XB
*Super Mario Advance GBA
*PSP Mobile Pro Bundle Accessory Pack

-Sale $29.99 (regular price $34.99-$49.99)
*24 The Game PS2
*DBZ Tenkaichi PS2
*F.E.A.R. PC
*Ice Age 2 PS2/XB/GC
*Marc Eckos Getting Up PS2
*Quake IV PC
*Sonic Riders PS2/GC
*Shadow The Hedgehog PS2

-Save $20.00 when you purchase any 2 Activision 360 Game on the same receipt
*Tony Hawk American Wasteland
*Quake 4
*Gun
*Call of Duty 2

-Condemned Criminal Orgins XB360 - $49.99

-Save $80.00 on a XBOX 360 system when you trade in a complete original XBOX system.

-Free Katamari Zipper Pouch
w/purchase of Me and My Katamari (while supplies last)

-Free Dynasty Warriors Empires Art Book
w/purchase of 360 Dynasty Warriors Empires ($39.99)

-Get a new XBOX 360 Game for free when you trade in two XBOX 360 games.

-Free select GAMECUBE players choice game with a purchase of a new Gamecube hardware system

-FREE USED GAME when you purchase 2 used games (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
*Lowest price or equal value game will be the free one

-FREE USED DVD when you purchase 2 used dvds (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
Lowest price or equal value dvd will be the free one

-EXTRA 10% trade in credit when you apply trade credit towards a pre-order of any game not out.

[quote name='schuerm26']Does anyone else think that G-Stop makes a TON of money off this sale. Yes they lose the sale on the 3rd game, but they give so little in credit it doesn't make much difference. Overall i would think that they get so many more people purchasing 2 games or 4 instead of just 1 or , i would think that they would be raking in the profits. I really don't understand why they don't do it more often.[/QUOTE]
I actually had an EB manager tell me they lose money on this deal. YEAH RIGHT! What a moron.

[quote name='Roufuss']Scored today -

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2 - $44.99
Shadow Hearts: From the New World - $31.50
Wild Arms 4 - Free

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2 - $44.99
Nintendogs: Best Friends Edition - $24.99
Viewtiful Joe DS - Free (had to pick something)

I had to drive an hour and 1/2 to both stores, but I think I scored an amazing haul.[/QUOTE]
You and I do the same thing during these B2G1 free sales. I only look for and buy the rarer games mostly unless its a new release. I drive a couple hours everytime going to the nearby cities to hit up about 8 EB/GS/Babbages(yes there is one around me, I thought they all closed).

[quote name='addicted2games']You and I do the same thing during these B2G1 free sales. I only look for and buy the rarer games mostly unless its a new release. I drive a couple hours everytime going to the nearby cities to hit up about 8 EB/GS/Babbages(yes there is one around me, I thought they all closed).[/QUOTE]

Well, one MvC 2 is to sell so I'll pretty much break even on the whole purchase, and end up with Shadow Hearts: From the New World and Wild Arms 4 for free, or really close to it.

A couple of hours = lots of $$$$ for gas. I never drive around for hours just to look for games with deals like this...

I picked up (nothing good-ish) before Edge Card.

Project Gotham Racing 2 $7.99 (free)
Sega GT and Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox) $2.99
Silent Hill 2 (Xbox) $9.99
Dual Hearts 2 (PS2) $14.99

not an amazing deal, but decent. Games in typical used condition. Those were complete.

[quote name='schuerm26']Does anyone else think that G-Stop makes a TON of money off this sale. Yes they lose the sale on the 3rd game, but they give so little in credit it doesn't make much difference. Overall i would think that they get so many more people purchasing 2 games or 4 instead of just 1 or , i would think that they would be raking in the profits. I really don't understand why they don't do it more often.[/quote]they do it pretty often imo

[quote name='CaoPi']A couple of hours = lots of $$$$ for gas. I never drive around for hours just to look for games with deals like this...[/QUOTE]

I never have to worry gas since I use mass transit(Subway or bus).I don't understand why New Yorkers complain so much about the mass transit price hike?Other place charge more for mass transit like Chicago and California.Plus,subway and bus station is connected to most areas of the city.I can never imagine buying a car in the city.You be moving 5 miles per hour in Manhatten during peak period.

[quote name='CaoPi']A couple of hours = lots of $$$$ for gas. I never drive around for hours just to look for games with deals like this...[/QUOTE]
When I say a couple hours I mean both ways (round trip driving time, not counting the time in stores) to each city besides mine. Its like 50 miles from the city on my left to the city on my right with mine in the middle. Not too far to check out about 8 stores. One time I hauled in about 15 rarer games from this sale, other times its about 6. I enjoy looking for games for my collection and whatnot. Like Roufuss said earlier, a lot of times you find games that you can sell to make your games you keep either free or close to it.

oh man I was hoping buy 2 games and get 1 free sale would last until april 15
so could get two games and get one free in time for my birthday

I guess the third time's the charm. :)

gstop1.jpg

$24.99 Resident Evil DS
$24.99 Metroid Prime Hunters DS
$00.00 MGS3:Subsistence LE
------------------------------------------
$49.98 Merchandise
$-5.00 (Value Card Discount)
$44.98 Adjusted Sub Total
$03.60 Sales Tax @ 8%
$48.58 Total or $16.19 each w/Taxes​

I had time to kill this morning so just for shits and giggles I ventured out to the third and last store in the city that listed Metroid Prime Hunters on the In-Store Locator(I already checked the other two and they were duds). I ended up getting lost for a while and thought about just going home(I've never been on that part of town before) but I eventually found the place. Like most Gamestops, everything is in vague alphabetical order so I took a while but I found Resident Evil, Metroid and the big surprise was that they not only had Subsistence in-stock, they had a fucking used LE. Needless to say I grabbed all 3 and got the hell out of there. The only thing that bugs me is that Metroid had the cover of the display case for some reason but there's no use in getting aggravated over shit you can't fix, so whatever.

at el eb primero, i picked up

Lost in Blue
Sonic Rush
Animal Crossing DS

for $47.xx

at el gamestop primero i picked up

Advance Wars DS
Trauma Center
MC Groovz

for the same, $47.xx

at el eb segundo, i picked up

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS2
Disgaea
Wild Arms Alter Code F
Suikoden III
Jedi Knight II xbox
MGS 2 Substance PS2
and a PS One AV Mini for $.99

for about $144

and at el gamestop segundo, i picked up

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS2
Grandia III
LoZ: Collector's Edition - they traded it out for one w/o a manual when i wasn't looking so this one's getting exchanged

for $90.xx

also picked up one of those cool art books/soundtracks for Suikoden V at the second gamestop. it's a shame though that KH 2 wasn't there, because i wasn't ready to get Grandia III. KH 2 or the used Oblivion LE at an eb on the other side of town. anyway, if anyone's interested, one MvC 2, Disgaea, MGS 2 Substance, Suikoden III, LoZ: Collector's (once i get a manual), and Trauma Center are for trade or sale. i want to recoup some of what i spent.

fucking nice job on the MGS 3 LE, i'm hoping upon hope i can find one in the future around town, i don't even care if it's during B2G1.

Scored Tales of Symphonia (PC), Baten Kaitos, and MGS:TTS (PC) for $35.22 (tax & Edge card included).
All of which are complete and have no scratches whatsoever!

You are winner, Sanjuro! Do you think you will ever sell that baby?

[quote name='sanjuro']I had time to kill this morning so just for shits and giggles I ventured out to the third and last store in the city that listed Metroid Prime Hunters on the In-Store Locator(I already checked the other two and they were duds).[/QUOTE]

How do you search for instock USED games?

I got:

Beyond Good and Evil (PS2)
Chronicles of Riddick (Xbox)
Jade Empire (Xbox)

and GRAW with my 2 trade ins (PGR3 and PDZ)

All for 30 dollars!

[quote name='OGHowie']How do you search for instock USED games?[/QUOTE]Go to www.gamestop.com and search for the game you want. There should be a Used/Preowned listing for the game, click on it. On the bottom right hand corner it will say "Check Store Availability", put your zip code in there and select the distance(I always check the 200 mile radius just to get an idea of availability in general).

They usually update it every night(after closing) but it it isn't perfect, sometimes the inventory will be off(like I mentioned earlier, it took me three tries to find a store that actually had MP:H in-stock).

Thanks for the kudos guys. I was thinking about selling it, but I think I'll keep it. I budget myself pretty nicely so I'm not in any real need for money and MGS is my favorite franchise. I was actually going to pay retail for the LE when it originally released but I was working every day that week from 7AM to 10PM so i didn't have any time to search for it. It actually ended up working out alright. :)

[quote name='OGHowie']How do you search for instock USED games?[/QUOTE]
*EDIT* Sanjuro beat me to it. :)
Go to Gamestop.com, search for the game you want, click on the title of the game, put in your zip code and how many miles you want to search. Another window will open and tell you any copies of that game that are at each store in your selected area. Its not always correct though.

so are either shining tears or shining whatever neo worth picking up? or do y'all think they'll get a price drop in the future?

[quote name='pimp tyranny']so are either shining tears or shining whatever neo worth picking up? or do y'all think they'll get a price drop in the future?[/QUOTE]

Shining Tears has only seen one price drop, and that was at Gamecrazy... all Gamestop / EB every did, I recall, was lower Shining Tears from $44.99 to $39.99 (I guess it went even further to $34.99... still, not that great a deal, read on). From what reviewers have said, Shining Force Neo is the better of the two, and if it follows the path of Shining Tears, it may never drop, or maybe just $5.

If you had to pick one, I'd pick Neo.

Even better, if you can access Ebay, just get the games there. Shining Tears looks to get about $15, while you can get Shining Force Neo for $25 with a little luck. Don't have to deal with stickers or any of that junk, either.

[quote name='OGHowie']How do you search for instock USED games?[/QUOTE]

the problem with the store locator is that it won't list several rare games or lowly demanded games like Shadow Hearts Covenant,Barbie Horse Adventures xbox,Metal Gear limited edition,konami racer,racing gears advance,dreamcast games and n64 games.

[quote name='fatbeer']the problem with the store locator is that it won't list several rare games or lowly demanded games like Shadow Hearts Covenant,Barbie Horse Adventures xbox,Metal Gear limited edition,konami racer,racing gears advance,dreamcast games and n64 games.[/QUOTE]

Even having a locator that is 90% right on games is still a great thing in and of itself. I've never figured out why it dosen't list Shadow Hearts: Covenant or Barbie for Xbox (I wish it did).

I might do the sale one last time tommorrow, and get -

Midway Arcade Treasures PSP - $19.99
Indigo Prophecy PS2 - $17.99
Urban Reign - Free

yeah i was considering going back for the Doom xbox expansion, capcom classics collections for PS2, and perhaps DMC 3 GH, all $17.99.

[quote name='Roufuss']Even having a locator that is 90% right on games is still a great thing in and of itself.[/QUOTE]

Varies in different stores.It all depends on employee,management, customer,hiding games or stealing them.I know 2 horrible store locator stores in NYC.The queens adjcent 3% and rockfeller plaza with 10 %.Those places are horrible mismange.I know store are almost accurate down to the hair.Everytime a game is add or remove from the inventory the website is automaticly updated.The problem with the store inventory they also show defective copies,1-2 days behind(pending on the store) and they mix the used inventory with new games.

went back again today and got:

phantom brave ($18)
space channel 5 ce ($9)
syberia 2 (free)

i might go back tomorrow for one last haul.

$10 for the following:

ESPN International Winter Sports 2002 (GC)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (XB)
Sega GT 2002 & Jet Set Radio Future (XB)

$20 for the following:

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (GC)
Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II (GC)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses (PS2)

44.99 for mario power tennis disc only.... I hate this store.

only Sonic DS got any decent reviews, fyi, although i've heard players love Shadow, reviewers revile it. and Riders appears to be getting many mediocre reviews.

Haha - waited a full week before I finally got to a store.

Today I got

Metroid Prime Hunters - 24.99
Trauma Center: Under the Knife - 24.99
Megaman X Collection (GC) - (24.99) - Free!

Also, one of the ladies who usually sees me there asked me how old I was.
"16". So she said "Ah" and handed me a job application. :whistle2:s

I don't know whether to take up the offer or not.

Just had to make one last run by GS today.
I got:
NFS Underground
XIII
Total Immersion Racing (If you haven't tried this one for XBOX you should, run some practice laps with the auto mechanic turned on...each lap the car is dialed in better and better according to how you drive.)

I also ran by another local video store that has games. I traded in a few VHS tapes and picked up Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter (with the insert comic book and music sample CD)...oh, and $.50 more in my pocket too. :}

I did the 3 for 2 deal, and got a sealed copy of oblivion someone had traded in...also, I went back and got them to exchange the used copy of need for speed I bought for a preorder on FFXI for 360. Sick deal.

Got a bunch of trash games games today but i found a Shenume 2 in mint condition with DVD for $10! I am so happy right now, my xbox collection is almost done!

(PSP) Dragonball Z Shin Bodakai (34.99)
(PSP) Daxter (34.99)
(PSP) Splinter Cell Essentials (Free)

Total was about $67.00 after the 10% off. Not too shabby...

OK, so I finally decided to check out an EB that earlier in the week had both DDS and DDS2 to get along with Tales of Legendia. Of course, both DDS games were gone, but I picked up:

PS2 Marvel vs Capcom 2: $44.98
PS2 Tales of Legendia: $0.01
PS2 Magna Carta: $40.49
EB Edge Discount: $5

Total: $90.48

Just realized now she charged me for the Edge Discount sticker - she made it sound like she'd just throw that in. But I guess it saved me $5 anyway. Although doesn't it normally cost more than $5? I never got it before because I average about 2-3 used game purchases each year and it never seemed worth it before.

Anyway, not bad considering I used all pre-existing credit to buy all that and I hope to eBay MvC2 for $50 or so. Sure, Legendia will probably end up being bargain bin fodder in 6-8 months, and I really had decided to skip Magna Carta before... Oh well... After seeing all the scores in this thread I had to do SOMETHING :D.

The store (and the entire Mall for some reason) was a madhouse. It was like the week before Christmas or something. A teenager was in there with his monther and really wanted a DS - so they picked out a used one and the clerk told them about the Buy 2 Get 1 free so they should pick up 2 used games (since the DS counted in the promo). They went over and grabbed 2 used GBA games, apparently unaware that the DS had it's own game library :rofl: (I know because the EB clerk later pointed it out to them and had to explain that those games "use both screens"). Funny that the kid would specifically want a DS but not know about the DS games (and by kid, I mean 6 foot tall 13-15 year old!).

EDIT - Just realized both Magna Carta and MvsC 2 have Pricegrabber rebates - so I'll get $10 cash back from the deal as well. THAT makes it very nice indeed.

Traded in
Perfect Dark (usually $10 trade in)
Need for Speed (usually $25 trade in)

for Oblivion Collectors Edition a couple days ago

[quote name='Kingjay89']Traded in
Perfect Dark (usually $10 trade in)
Need for Speed (usually $25 trade in)

for Oblivion Collectors Edition a couple days ago[/quote]

hmmm, my eb wouldnt do that...but they sure would've let me trade 2 games for a topspin or Dynasty warriors:lol: and not give me $20 credit on my card

Hot damn! I found some nice deals today at several EB/Gamestops, but the best was finding that somebody had traded in a mint as can be Beatmania bundle because they just didn't like it...$39.99. I bought PS2 Fight Night Round 3 and Wild Arms Alter Code F as well, but I'm going to sell both of them off. My final cost should be around $5-10.

HEY I NEED HELP!!

I am getting Baten Kaitos used $17.99, Otogi 2 used $19.99, and need another game $19.99 or under, THAT WILL SELL FOR THE MOST ON half.com or ebay.com
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

bread's done
Back