Gamestop/EB Games Flyer Coupons YMMV

rufio2004nfg

CAGiversary!
Notice: This may need to be in the regional deals section, but I've seen people get away with worse. The flyer is only supposed to work in certain locations in Lake Charles, LA, El Paso, TX, and Plano, TX. But it never hurts to try, especially now that they have been sending a lot of email coupons.

I picked up a copy of the UTEP school newspaper and there was a Gamestop flyer in it with great deals.

1. 50% Extra Trade-in Credit on ALL GAMES

2. $30 Extra Trade-in Credit on Game Systems (excluding Gamecube and Game Boys)

3. $5 Off Any New Game

All offers expire 10/31/07

this is interesting.

please be universal.

//edit: "see reverse side for participating locations".

..can we see the other side?

UTEP is the University of Texas at El Paso, so there are only three places he can live in, el paso texas, las cruces NM, or Mexico.

I've got that same exact flier right here, but it's for locations in Salt Lake and Utah valleys, and one location in Idaho. For what it's worth, the letters and numbers underneath the barcode are the same as the scan also, so it may work other places as well. Who knows. It's worth a shot if you're planning on going to Gamestop anyway.

[quote name='Scorch']this is interesting.

please be universal.

//edit: "see reverse side for participating locations".

..can we see the other side?[/QUOTE]

look at the $5 off coupon and u can see the locations

This ad is being delivered by ADVO, one of the nation's largest direct mail/junk mail distributors. While ADVO handles local advertisers, they handle alot of national accounts as well, and judging by this piece, this might be a part of a larger marketing effort by EB/Gamestop...I doubt it'll be nationwide but I suspect it will be more than a few markets.

[quote name='Rocko']Aren't they giving $35 for SPM still? That's more than $50 trade in credit![/quote]

I think it is $25 now by itself, but if you have 5+ games (including SPM), you'll get an extra 30% and if you add the 10% edge card or just have Halo 3 preorder, you get an extra 30% bump. It will become $35

If we dont live in that area and we want to try it, should we print out the coupon or just write down the code and give it to them?

lol... if you trade in Mario Party 8 you'll theoretically get $60 for it... 10 bucks more than its worth. and games like BioShock and Lair you can get the full retail value if that flyer holds true.

[quote name='WiiGame']lol... if you trade in Mario Party 8 you'll theoretically get $60 for it... 10 bucks more than its worth. and games like BioShock and Lair you can get the full retail value if that flyer holds true.[/quote]

when that 50% coupon was in the weekly ad (jeez has it been half a year already?) i got 50 for spm after paying 45 for it used :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']How much GS/EB give GBA SP? I wanted extra $30 credit too :)[/quote]

i want an extra 30 for my white dslite so i can use the coupon to get a used black/red one for 100 bones.

[quote name='WiiGame']lol... if you trade in Mario Party 8 you'll theoretically get $60 for it... 10 bucks more than its worth. and games like BioShock and Lair you can get the full retail value if that flyer holds true.[/QUOTE]
They give you up to the full retail price of a used copy of the game.

Read the fine print.

I called up the 2 stores in plano and none have heard of the flyer. I will print them off and take them in later this week, if this works I can unload a ton of games.

Well i gave them the printout they punched in the code didnt say anything, i got home and noticed that i was credited with the 30% deal and not 50%, I dont live in the listed areas so my guess would be it has to be in certain stores computers to work.

first of all it wouldn't be 60$ trade in value for bioshock.... you get 30$ + an extra 15$(Because 50% of 30$=15$) so you would get 45$ in store credit. I want to know if this works in California Sacramento. I plan to unload a lot of games as well if it works.

what BS..... THEN THE site still say's 30$ i hate how they don't update it
they should update the site before lowering the price, kinda like false advertising

Looks like someone has a Play N Trade in their immediate area. OP Care to confirm? From what I've heard these coupons only go to stores near PNTs.

any chance of a better scan? so i can print it out to look like a real coupon....my GS won't take scans, im trading in my ds lite thursday and would LOVE the 30 extra

[quote name='vgmben']first of all it wouldn't be 60$ trade in value for bioshock.... you get 30$ + an extra 15$(Because 50% of 30$=15$) so you would get 45$ in store credit. I want to know if this works in California Sacramento. I plan to unload a lot of games as well if it works.[/quote]
omg..ur right...lol... no wonder i never get A's in math

Since I used the $10 off used game coupon and got Dead Rising for $17 I could actually trade it back in for more than I bought it for.

I brought a crappy print out of it to my game stop and he took it, got $65 bucks for my PS2 and got a Premium 360 and Bioshock for $362 tax included. Thanks

I plan on printing this out, and cutting of the section with the locations on the bottom (the $5 off one). Don't know if that is very moral or legal or whatever, but meh.

Will they take the $5 off coupon on the Halo 3 launch day? Just wondering because I reserved it and I'm more than willing on trying to get $5 off this new game :D.

Great new for those who are in Plano. I went to the one on E. Parker and they knew the deal when I got there. I didn't need a flyer or anything. I think I am gonna had back and trade in a ton more games next week.

bread's done
Back