Gamestop-extra 40% in-store credit for any trades toward select E3 games (6/20-7/31)

bearquat3

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bearquat3']Get an extra 40% in-store credit on any games traded toward big upcoming releases announced at this year's E3: Gears of War 3 | Batman Arkham City | Assassin's Creed Revelation | Just Dance 3 | Uncharted 3 | Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Rage | COD: Modern Warfare 3 | Mass Effect 3 | Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Does this mean it's stack able with the trade 7 for 30% more credit deal? Also, since I missed the 50% trade in time, this may be good to make up for that.

Could you potentially cancel these pre-orders later and move them on whatever you want once you use them for the credit boosts? I would think so huh? And what if your trade is worth more than the game you are pre-ordering? I'm going to check this out in a couple days, hopefully with some more info from you all.[/QUOTE]
you dont have to put all your money towards it you can just put in 5 then keep the rest thats what im going to do

[quote name='bearquat3']Potentially stack-able with the trade 7 for 30% deal. Good for those that missed the 50% deal.[/QUOTE]

This will almost certainly NOT stack. GS promos never stack with one another, only with the Edge/Powerup card.

[quote name='DJP519']This will almost certainly NOT stack. GS promos never stack with one another, only with the Edge/Powerup card.[/QUOTE]

yeah i dont think it will either.

[quote name='rich024']you dont have to put all your money towards it you can just put in 5 then keep the rest thats what im going to do[/QUOTE]

Really? How does that work exactly?

Did this today. It *DOES NOT* stack with the trade in 7 get 30% bonus. It *DOES* stack with the PUR 10% so yes, you get a total of 50%. Went to TRU, bought 2 copies of LA Noire (1 for each system) took them straight over to Gamestop. got $84 in credit after promo and PUR. Employee noticed I had Dungeon Seige 3 preordered for tomorrow and still owed $8.xx on it, so paid that off, then preordered modern warfare 3, paid that off, and put the balance towards Gears 3.

Is the limit 3 per title when trading in at GS? Also, do trade ins of the same title for different platforms count towards this limit? For example, I've traded in 2 copies of BO's to them this year and currently have 1 more for 360 and 1 more for PS3. Would the limit be 3 per platform or 3 total overall? Thanks if anybody can clear this up for me.

[quote name='Dietpepsi420']Is the limit 3 per title when trading in at GS? Also, do trade ins of the same title for different platforms count towards this limit? For example, I've traded in 2 copies of BO's to them this year and currently have 1 more for 360 and 1 more for PS3. Would the limit be 3 per platform or 3 total overall? Thanks if anybody can clear this up for me.[/QUOTE]

You can trade in unlimited copies of any game. I just wouldn't suggest doing it all at once, of course. They'll look at you funny even if you bring in just two of the same game... but over the course two weeks, I traded in over 10 copies of LBP GOTY to a handful of different stores.

[quote name='SCUD4LIFE']Damn to bad this doesn't work for trade ins towards a vita.[/QUOTE]

Just trade them in and only put $5 credit towards any of the game, you don't actually have to buy the game, but you still get the promo credit amount. A GS Employee told me I could cancel my pre-order as well and get the $5 back a 7 days after the game is released

[quote name='SCDallas']Just trade them in and only put $5 credit towards any of the game, you don't actually have to buy the game, but you still get the promo credit amount. A GS Employee told me I could cancel my pre-order as well and get the $5 back a 7 days after the game is released[/QUOTE]
Pfft, I turn right around and cancel the next day. But yeah, that's the method to take advantage of the bonus trade. Been doing that for years.

[quote name='SCDallas']Just trade them in and only put $5 credit towards any of the game, you don't actually have to buy the game, but you still get the promo credit amount. A GS Employee told me I could cancel my pre-order as well and get the $5 back a 7 days after the game is released[/QUOTE]

You can cancel your pre order 2 seconds after you make the pre order and get the $5 back on your card.

Its kinda prick move to cancel it right there on the spot, you can always do it a few days later, but any time I cancel a preorder the cashier looks like I just stole his last piece of candy. Generally I'll just move the pre order money to something I actually want to pre order down the line.

Heck I still have $5 dollars down for CoD MW2 at one of the gamestop that I forgot to move over.

bread's done
Back