GameStop: Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Limited Steelbook Edition $39.99

My Gamestop had just put some of the steelbooks out that weren't picked up for preorders. I used the PUR guide coupon to get the CE Hardcover guide for an extra $0.99.
Ugh GS is showing in stock at my store but it wont let me put a hold on it for some reason, hopefully its still there tomorrow.

Ugh GS is showing in stock at my store but it wont let me put a hold on it for some reason, hopefully its still there tomorrow.
That sucks. I was able to put a hold for my copy when I saw it in the app. Took the sealed standard edition I had picked up on launch day and exchanged it with no problem. I also got another code for the digital movie... :whistle2:$

If anyone is still looking for this, the best buy by me got another shipment today. So best buy could have some by you. They were putting them out for the general public. I would say call ahead but their new phone system is terrible, then no one answers.

A lot of the gamestops have them but for preorders and they're holding them past the preorder date now. I know the two stores by me won't sell them to anyone unless you had the preorder.

A lot of the gamestops have them but for preorders and they're holding them past the preorder date now. I know the two stores by me won't sell them to anyone unless you had the preorder.
the gamestop near me was hesitant to sell them to me, they said call the next day to see if the guy didn't pick up the preorder then the next day at 2 then at 5, they finally caved in and sold it to me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll call before I go to see if its available to buy, thanks for the info.

Store didnt have anymore even tho the GS app said they did. Gonna bite the bullet and order it online, hopefully its packed well and comes in good condition.

My local Targets had the Steelbook editions. :( but not at that Amazon rate. Geez. I hate when limited edition is actually limited edition. Most of the time it's just a mass produced gimmick line.

My Gamestop had just put some of the steelbooks out that weren't picked up for preorders. I used the PUR guide coupon to get the CE Hardcover guide for an extra $0.99.
What coupon is this? My Store had no idea what I was talking about.

I just received both my copies in perfect condition! No dents or anything. Super happy!

I think I'll swig another beer. :beer:
u actually opened both copies? i get dents under the slipcover. worst dent i ever gotten was Killing Joke. luckily i opened it. usually i dont. i still have a lot of SBs that i didnt open yet.

If anyone is still looking for this, the best buy by me got another shipment today. So best buy could have some by you. They were putting them out for the general public. I would say call ahead but their new phone system is terrible, then no one answers.
Did it show up as in stock when you looked it up online? Or you just happened to find it by coincidence?

My local Targets had the Steelbook editions. :( but not at that Amazon rate. Geez. I hate when limited edition is actually limited edition. Most of the time it's just a mass produced gimmick line.
The regular and steelbook editions share a DCPI, right?

Got mine and played a bit last night. First time playing FF XII. Have to say I’m getting a strong Star Wars vibe from it. Glad I picked it up.

Got mine and played a bit last night. First time playing FF XII. Have to say I’m getting a strong Star Wars vibe from it. Glad I picked it up.
This is my 3-4th playthrough.. but first one in a good 6+ years. Really enjoying it. This is probably in my top 5 FF's now. All the changes I've noticed are really positive. The class system is a huge improvement. Glad the Zodiac Spear antics are gone. I just found my own ways of making side diversions to get powerful weapons early (Arcturus, Artemis' Bow).

Funny you mention Star Wars.. this exact thought occurred to me for the first time recently as well. Specifically during a drawn-out cutscene where Gabrath's personal shuttle flew into an advanced city with sky-cars, dropped down onto a landing pad guarded by troopers and ominously walked down a long walkway into a meeting of bad guys. All the while williams-esque music was playing. Seemed like a blatant rip off, ha.

You probably aren't even to that cutscene if you just started the game. What similarities did you notice from the beginning?

You guys like this game? I got it in the mail the other day, totally forgot I ordered it, played it for a couple hours and wtf? Am I missing something?

This is my 3-4th playthrough.. but first one in a good 6+ years. Really enjoying it. This is probably in my top 5 FF's now. All the changes I've noticed are really positive. The class system is a huge improvement. Glad the Zodiac Spear antics are gone. I just found my own ways of making side diversions to get powerful weapons early (Arcturus, Artemis' Bow).

Funny you mention Star Wars.. this exact thought occurred to me for the first time recently as well. Specifically during a drawn-out cutscene where Gabrath's personal shuttle flew into an advanced city with sky-cars, dropped down onto a landing pad guarded by troopers and ominously walked down a long walkway into a meeting of bad guys. All the while williams-esque music was playing. Seemed like a blatant rip off, ha.

You probably aren't even to that cutscene if you just started the game. What similarities did you notice from the beginning?
Well, even the opening cut scene with the battle going on above the surface. Very Star Wars-esque. There’s a quick shot inside of a ship that looks almost identical to the inside of a Tie Fighter.

That and the music definitely does have a Williams feel. Even the war reminds me a bit of the Empire vs. the Rebels.

I actually searched it to see if I was not alone and, haven’t gotten to them yet, but understand there is a scrappy Han Solo like character with a Chewie type as well. There probably was a little inspiration there.

It’s a bit different than a lot of other FF games so far and I like what I’ve played.

The combat takes a bit to get used to with the sort of combination of auto action and turn based due to the meter. Not crazy about all the blue and red lines but guess they serve their purpose.

You all stating the SW connection do realize it's very easy to notice based on 1 simple face. Balthier and Fran....

One is a human, the other is their "animal" sidekick. One uses a gun, the other uses a bow and arrow....

It's Han and Chewbacca....which was intentional.

You guys like this game? I got it in the mail the other day, totally forgot I ordered it, played it for a couple hours and wtf? Am I missing something?
I pushed myself through it on PS2, I never fell in love with it like so many others did. I think parts of it are cool but the overall game is extremely lacking.

Got my Amazon order.  Amazon shipped it in a bubble mailer, one of my copies of the game was stolen, and both that were left were damaged.  Called Amazon and they issues me a refund with no return necessary. Smh the fuck am I gonna do with two busted Steelbooks lol?

Got my Amazon order. Amazon shipped it in a bubble mailer, one of my copies of the game was stolen, and both that were left were damaged. Called Amazon and they issues me a refund with no return necessary. Smh the fuck am I gonna do with two busted Steelbooks lol?
Make one that isn't messed up? As long as you have a good front, and a good back, it's not that difficult. Now if they are just super jacked up in general then you can't do much. I've fixed many a steelbook with moderate damage because you can smooth out dents pretty easily using a spoon.

I pushed myself through it on PS2, I never fell in love with it like so many others did. I think parts of it are cool but the overall game is extremely lacking.
It just seems like a totally different series. Really not digging it, maybe it gets better? Idk the areas you play in seem incredibly disappointing

Make one that isn't messed up? As long as you have a good front, and a good back, it's not that difficult. Now if they are just super jacked up in general then you can't do much. I've fixed many a steelbook with moderate damage because you can smooth out dents pretty easily using a spoon.
Valid point. Might have to do that.

You all stating the SW connection do realize it's very easy to notice based on 1 simple face. Balthier and Fran....
Hah never noticed this. Probably because my brain puts Fran in a very different category then Chewie. Well, for.. reasons.

I can definitely see the Balthier to Han connections though. And Ashe to Leia even.

One reason I can enjoy this game while hating the main character is that he is so superfluous to the plot and the substantial characters.

It just seems like a totally different series. Really not digging it, maybe it gets better? Idk the areas you play in seem incredibly disappointing
Completely agree. Knowing my inability to say no to SE I'll probably pick it up this holiday season for 19.99 and never play it though.

Valid point. Might have to do that.
If you can't or don't want to, feel free to send me one of the damaged ones. I enjoy working on that kind of that stuff.

BB near me had it for the same Prime price with GCU so I went ahead & bought it online & will just pick it up tomorrow. I'm running out of reasons to have Prime.

I think I like it because it does feel different than most FF games. Also am a Star Wars fan so the parallels and music has drawn me in.

There are also a ton of similarities between this game and FFXI (online).   I'm reliving old memories of stealing fire crystals and running away from random OP elementals that sneak up on me in the middle of the map.

Is it a better overall game than 6-9?  No way.  But miles above 13, 15 and their variants in quality.  Music is really, really good in this release.

Looking back on it, FF devs don't even try to hide their Star Wars love.  I don't remember where a Biggs and Wedge are in XII, but they're probably here somewhere.

The only reason I like FF XV is it's so cheesy. The whole bro road trip is hilariously bad.

FF XII is better than XIII and XV defiantly. Hell I would say it's almost on the same level as X to me. Now I say that because while X was a good game, I felt like the story in X got too much  Tidus romance segments for my taste. X might edge it slightly due to being better overall but XII is defiantly good in my book.

Then again the combat feels almost MMOish and I was a former WoW addict so yeah, lol.

Saw one at Best Buy this morning when I stopped in for Splatoon. Didn't get it because I was able to order one from Amazon the other day. It arrived this afternoon, and it's the damn regular version. Checked my order history, and it shows the regular one. I know the listing was originally for the steelbook because that's the only reason I ordered it. Argh. 

Can anyone comment on the Collectors Guide? I used to collect them, but I can't remember the last time I got a guide. It's $15 at BestBuy with one of their coupons.

Can anyone comment on the Collectors Guide? I used to collect them, but I can't remember the last time I got a guide. It's $15 at BestBuy with one of their coupons.
It's pretty...? I like the cover. I haven't opened it....No guide is essential these days due to youtube and google in general. So....if you want to have it in your collection and also use it from time to time MAYBE then sure get it. But if you are mainly getting it for a source of info, then no guide is worth it.

I did a little research and decided to buy it. Amz user reviews were helpful.

I am constantly checking jpn sites for maps, treasure locations, and their contents. Figured this would get some use and will look nice along my CE guides for VII, VIII, IX, X, and XIII

The only reason I like FF XV is it's so cheesy. The whole bro road trip is hilariously bad.

FF XII is better than XIII and XV defiantly. Hell I would say it's almost on the same level as X to me. Now I say that because while X was a good game, I felt like the story in X got too much Tidus romance segments for my taste. X might edge it slightly due to being better overall but XII is defiantly good in my book.

Then again the combat feels almost MMOish and I was a former WoW addict so yeah, lol.
XII lacks mini games though.

bread's done
Back