GameStop FREE Overnight Shipping w/ Pre-Order of Dead Rising 2 "Zombrex Edition"

IXI Dragunz IXI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
135 (96%)
Also works w/ Standard Edition, but I guess this Collector's Edition was just announced.

"Zombrex Edition" AKA Collector's Edition $79.99

Xbox 360 Version:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=78410

200868brp.jpg

The Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition comes with:

• Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
    • Dead Rising 2 game disc
    • High-Definition game disc with 83 Minute “Zombrex Dead Rising Sun” motion picture and 24 minute “Making of” featurette
  • Complete box contents include:
    • Steelbook case (described above)
    • Zombrex “Syringe” pen
    • Zombrex “Prescription” notepad (25 pages)
    • Zombrex “Safety” card
    • Zombrex “Prospectus” Sales Brochure (16 pages).
    • Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)

PS3 Version:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=78412

270646brp.jpg

Includes:

The Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition comes with:
  • Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
    • Dead Rising 2 game disc
    • Blu-Ray Disc featuring a High-Definition 24 minute “Making of” featurette
  • Complete box contents include: o Steelbook case (described above)
    • Zombrex “Syringe” pen
    • Zombrex “Prescription” notepad (25 pages)
    • Zombrex “Safety” card
    • Zombrex “Prospectus” Sales Brochure (16 pages).
    • Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)
    • Voucher for XMB Dynamic Theme

Pre-order Dead Rising 2 by September 27 at 11am CST with overnight shipping and get guaranteed delivery on the street date of September 28! If your product does not arrive on the street date, we will fully refund your shipping charge. Continental United States only. Must have Overnight Service available in your area. Offer void if you are unable to accept a delivery that was attempted. Not responsible for orders delayed due to inclement weather, incorrect address or credit card information.

Standard Edition $59.99

Xbox 360 Version:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74656

PS3 Version:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74655

200686b1.jpg

Bonus w/ Pre-Order of Standard Edition:

Reserve Dead Rising 2 and receive the Ninja Theme Pack. The pack includes 4 pieces of Ninja clothing. When Chuck wears just one piece of the outfit, it unlocks new abilities in Chuck associated with the Ninja theme. When all 4 pieces of the outfit are worn, additional Ninja-like animations are also unlocked! Theme Pack does not include sword. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Online Customers: A code and instructions on how to redeem your Ninja Theme Pack will be emailed when the game releases.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A code and instructions on how to redeem your Ninja Theme Pack will be printed on your receipt at time of purchase.

*Note I'm editing the post as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a common question but I don't think I've ever seen it answered in regards to gamestop. If you've pre-ordered a game and they later add a promotion or something to it do they automatically add upgrade your pre-order? I got this back during the 80save20 promo, and wouldn't mind the overnight shipping.

Why is the ninja add-on only for the standard edition? I keep waiting for them to add it, but should I just forget it?

[quote name='takotchi']Why is the ninja add-on only for the standard edition? I keep waiting for them to add it, but should I just forget it?[/QUOTE]

Thats a good question, this seems to me like the DLC they put on a card with a code on it. I'm sure if it was in-store then they'd give it to you with the CE, but seeing as how it doesn't say it online I wouldn't risk it. So if you don't mind pre-ordering it in-store then by all means buy it there so you can get the DLC too.

[quote name='takotchi']Why is the ninja add-on only for the standard edition? I keep waiting for them to add it, but should I just forget it?[/QUOTE]

They'll probably add it eventually. It doesn't make much sense not to.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']The 360 version apears to be the way to go as it has the DR movie in it as opposed to some silly XMB theme.[/QUOTE]

Didn't notice that, thanks for the head up, added to OP.

I wonder though, its says High Definition, are they expecting us to have our HD-DVD players still? Cause I still have mine in handy.

... to make you buy both of them!

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Didn't notice that, thanks for the head up, added to OP.

I wonder though, its says High Definition, are they expecting us to have our HD-DVD players still? Cause I still have mine in handy.[/QUOTE]

It says it's a game disc, so I assume it's an Xbox 360 DVD that plays 720p video.

Another reason to get the 360 version: Case Zero is 360-exclusive and you can transfer your progress to the full game.

Pretty sure I heard the PS3 version's performance was not as good as the 360 version, too.

I already preordered so I wonder if I can get it added if I call?

As far as the Xbox 360 HD is concerned I assume its the same as the SF4 HD disc that is ultimately a 360 game disc with a menu and HD video file on it.

Guess I'll just wait and pick up the standard version (assuming they've improved the save game and time limit issues from the first game) since the primary thing I would want in the collector's edition isn't on the PS3 version.

[quote name='Jodou']So uh, where's the deal?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition revealed (Steelbook, Art Book, and more) - $79.99[/QUOTE]

You guys just stop! Someone got an e-mail last night (that most of us all got anyways) and wanted to share the info. Geez someone makes a post because they dont bother searching for another one and you go crazy.
The deal is Free shipping, cause Gamestop is awesome... eh who am I kidding.
Hater powers activate!:hot:

Uh... I'm probably missing something, but I can't seem to get free overnight shipping to come up as an option? It tells me it'll cost eleven bucks extra.

[quote name='eastshore4']This is a common question but I don't think I've ever seen it answered in regards to gamestop. If you've pre-ordered a game and they later add a promotion or something to it do they automatically add upgrade your pre-order? I got this back during the 80save20 promo, and wouldn't mind the overnight shipping.[/QUOTE]

I have been successful. For example I pre-ordered a bunch of items back when that 25OFF was working. Later when the "overnight shipping" was available as another promotion, i emailed them.

The first game they added overnight shipping without question.

The second, (dead rising 2) i emailed them and was denied, saying I had ordered with a promotion and it couldn't be done.

I emailed gamestop again about 2 weeks later, basically asking for the free overnight shipping on DR2 again. I changed the text a bit and added a flower to it, and got the overnight shipping added. :bouncy:

So, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.

This Edition kinda seems worth it.

Remind me, does Capcom usually over produce these things, thus I'll be able to find it later for cheaper, or do they get semi-rare?(Where they at least KEEP their value or only drop $10 or so)

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']This Edition kinda seems worth it.

Remind me, does Capcom usually over produce these things, thus I'll be able to find it later for cheaper, or do they get semi-rare?(Where they at least KEEP their value or only drop $10 or so)[/QUOTE]

I still see the RE5 limited edition in stores. That came out, what? March 2009?

Capcom doesn't seem to make a whole lot of CEs, but yeah the RE5 CE is really quite common. I'd like to think the Dead Rising CE won't be quite as abundant as the RE5 CE; there was clearly a larger interest in RE5 than DR2, so I'm sure they printed the RE5 CEs with higher expectations, still I'm fairly confident that you should be able to find a DR2 CE on sale eventually, and most likely for more than just $10 off the MSRP

[quote name='Jodou']Is this deal good in-store?[/QUOTE]
$79 is the standard price for the Zobrex edition, which should be availible at most retailers. So yes it should be availible in store almost anywhere.

May want to pre-order though to be sure you get the special edition.

[quote name='takotchi']I still see the RE5 limited edition in stores. That came out, what? March 2009?[/QUOTE]
True, but coutner to your point, I got the special edition of RE4 on the PS2 and that ended up being pretty rare as I sold it for the same price I paid for it 2 years later ($55).

So it's hit and miss.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']True, but coutner to your point, I got the special edition of RE4 on the PS2 and that ended up being pretty rare as I sold it for the same price I paid for it 2 years later ($55).

So it's hit and miss.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it just feels like this generation, LEs/CEs/whatevers are produced in very large numbers. I still see a bunch of different ones in stores... esp. Bioshock 2.

[quote name='takotchi']Yeah, it just feels like this generation, LEs/CEs/whatevers are produced in very large numbers. I still see a bunch of different ones in stores... esp. Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]
That is true, but look at Fallout 3, you can't find that anywhere and parts of it sell for far more than I ever thought they should. It all depends on how many they produce and the popularity of the game. Which sometimes is hard to guess right.

My guess would be that this may be one of the rare ones in a few months.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']$79 is the standard price for the Zobrex edition, which should be availible at most retailers. So yes it should be availible in store almost anywhere.

May want to pre-order though to be sure you get the special edition.[/QUOTE]
It was a joke, guy. . .

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']The 360 version apears to be the way to go as it has the DR movie in it as opposed to some silly XMB theme.[/QUOTE]

Ive seen it, got it off a torrent. And only thing Ill say is "Do you really think they would give you a copy of a movie with the game that was any good when they could put it on dvd and charge 15 bucks extra for it seperately? Or do you assume its so shitty they have to give it away?".

May not be as long but atleast ps3 version has a featurette with it.

I would take advantage of this awesome deal, but I don't know if I like the idea of them dropping off the package in the middle of the night. Plus, I heard that the tax on the free shipping is outrageous.

[quote name='OregonDealz']I have been successful. For example I pre-ordered a bunch of items back when that 25OFF was working. Later when the "overnight shipping" was available as another promotion, i emailed them.

The first game they added overnight shipping without question.

The second, (dead rising 2) i emailed them and was denied, saying I had ordered with a promotion and it couldn't be done.

I emailed gamestop again about 2 weeks later, basically asking for the free overnight shipping on DR2 again. I changed the text a bit and added a flower to it, and got the overnight shipping added. :bouncy:

So, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.[/QUOTE]

I thought the lesson learned was if at first you dont succeed add a flower.

bread's done
Back