GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hotpocket']I think it is. It's just more of the same with new jobs, basically. I didn't like the characters as much, but I still got addicted to it and I don't regret buying it.[/quote] yes worth the def 20$ plus u can use that 10% coupon.

[quote name='UnrealZero']really so an employee is suppose to spend min wage on every new game so he or she can oh i dunno do their job? Renting games is a perk for ppl that are trusted. How can you rent a used game of a new title that just came out?
Ex. Ninja Blade vs Ninja Gaiden how would you go about telling a customer which is a better title for their money or explain what the game is about?
Oh you cant because you werent able to rent a game out.
Do you complain at barnes&noble because your book was read by other ppl and put back on the shelf? No you wont.[/quote]

That's the real question, where is the line from new and used. Books don't come shrink wrapped. Games do. I work at a book store and the real definition of new is the condition, if it's in pretty poor condition because of long term shelf ware or some kind of damage from a fall, it's used. We lose some profit on it, but it's the right thing to do.

I have no problem with them having some store copies if they really want to have their employees knowledgeable on games, take a new copy out of store stock for renting and when the renting period is over, put it as a used game. Simple as that.

It doesn't help when the case has 3 big stickers on it that say new, especially on PS3 cases where it's pretty hard to get off. A couple I've seen even have them on the binding cover (not the plastic, the paper!).

[quote name='UnrealZero']really so an employee is suppose to spend min wage on every new game so he or she can oh i dunno do their job? Renting games is a perk for ppl that are trusted. How can you rent a used game of a new title that just came out?
Ex. Ninja Blade vs Ninja Gaiden how would you go about telling a customer which is a better title for their money or explain what the game is about?
Do you complain at barnes&noble because your book was read by other ppl and put back on the shelf? No you wont.[/quote]

Yes. Your job is to simply sell the game(s) and give information where available. If you don't know then you don't know, simple as that. Guess where you can find information on a game (new or old) without having to purchase a new copy? Maybe you're using that resource right now to read this post. I use to sell TV's, so should I feel entitled to be able to take one of the new TV's home with me so I can get a personal experience with it and then expect someone to purchase it as being new? No. I should do the research so I can inform my customers about it without needing a first hand experience. Your analogy with Barnes and Noble fails for the mere fact that you (for the most part) don't expect to have a sealed copy of a book. Most of those books are there for people to peruse at their will. And for those books that are sealed, I would complain (and have in the past) if I found out that the book I wanted to get was read by someone else because that goes against my expectation of purchasing something NEW. Once something has been sullied by someone else it is no longer new. End of story.

Also, I don't know how your Gamestop is where you're from but the ones over here when a new high profile game is released a couple copies are set aside and opened by the Manager so the employees can then rent and check them out. After the games have been returned, the copies that have been rented are then sold as a used/pre-played game. Imagine that...

Some items do get shopworn 10% off but still. All the gamestop employs are just doing their job and what their told. But still would u rather all the games be in the cases on the wall like pc games that get stolen anyway.Ive been to gamestops that have just the case for pc but the cd key left in it. Thats where i say you should be payin a used price. But seriously its all part of the job and its gamestops way to stop theft while letting the consumer know what games are what. Ps3 games dont even matter their hard as hell to scratch so ull have finger prints tops. Gamestop does offer insurence on games also for wear n tear. So if people are gonna be stupid about this then fine go to another store and get shitty service like target or walmart you think they know anything? shopping at gamestop is like going to a bar or your local deli. You get to know the ppl that work there and they know you as a regular. Simple as that :]

i see your side as you probly see mine im not arguing with u at all.
I do think tvs are on a diffrent lvl tho due to know specs. But the gamestop i go to the rented games are checked and resealed. If the game has a scratch on it im sure they make an employ pay for it full price no discount. But i see what you mean ive seen a guy wanting call of duty for ps3 but it was the last gutted copy to show it was a new game and he would not take it. Imo i dont care if its gutted or sealed as long as the game is in the condition its suppose to be. some games can matter such as gears 2 u wanted the map pack code n such thats understandable. The gamestop i go to treats everyone with respect and like family which is great i cant get that from target or walmart. :]

[quote name='UnrealZero']Some items do get shopworn 10% off but still. All the gamestop employs are just doing their job and what their told. But still would u rather all the games be in the cases on the wall like pc games that get stolen anyway.Ive been to gamestops that have just the case for pc but the cd key left in it. Thats where i say you should be payin a used price. But seriously its all part of the job and its gamestops way to stop theft while letting the consumer know what games are what. Ps3 games dont even matter their hard as hell to scratch so ull have finger prints tops. Gamestop does offer insurence on games also for wear n tear. So if people are gonna be stupid about this then fine go to another store and get shitty service like target or walmart you think they know anything? shopping at gamestop is like going to a bar or your local deli. You get to know the ppl that work there and they know you as a regular. Simple as that :][/quote]

lol. there's shitty service every where, and then there's good service every where. it just depends on the people and the situation.

I've actually recieved more shitty service from GameStops than any other store I shop at ever. But, that's at about 3 GameStop's, there happens to be ONE GameStop, outta the 4 near by, that actually has exceptional customer service and very friendly employees. They are also very knowledgeable about games, but I'm guessing that "renting" thing certainly benefits them in that category.

People see trailers on tv and never read up on anything so its Gamestops job to fill them in. Such as 50 cent ive heard countless times of the employs telling ppl how bad it is and not to waste your $. These ppl dont know their like OMG 50cent this game looks so hot and they want it only to wanna bring it back or trade it in so i say thumbs up to rentals.

[quote name='UnrealZero']People see trailers on tv and never read up on anything so its Gamestops job to fill them in. Such as 50 cent ive heard countless times of the employs telling ppl how bad it is and not to waste your $. These ppl dont know their like OMG 50cent this game looks so hot and they want it only to wanna bring it back or trade it in so i say thumbs up to rentals.[/quote]

I've actually heard good things about the new 50 Cent: BotS game. Obviously not worth it for $60, but every body I've talked to that has played it has had good things to say about it being really fun and entertaining.

Not sure why I'm responding to your post or what the point of my post is, though. :cry:

Playing games is not their job. It's telling people about games. I can tell people about games I haven't played. It's called doing research if gaming is your hobby.

I used to work at Gamestop, so I know. And your analogy is flawed because books aren't factory sealed.

Some Gamestops work differently than others, but it's really not alright to rent out New games... especially not Ninja Blade, a game that's not even a month old yet. There's a demo out for it. Even Blockbuster employees aren't allowed to rent out games that are over a few months old for free.

[quote name='rperez1025']If you missed Valkyria Chronicles because your Gamestop is sold out you can still pick it up through this guy from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Valkyria-Chronicles-Gamestop-NEW-SEALED-RARE-PS3_W0QQitemZ260397123500QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item260397123500&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

He's selling his "Gamestop-new" copy, better hurry before it is snatched up![/quote]

Wow this guy is a tool so bent it's beyond repair !!!!

[quote name='Derrick1979']Wow this guy is a tool so bent it's beyond repair !!!![/quote]
IMHO, it's great satire.
"Gamestop New" can replace "previously owned"!!!
:lol:

[quote name='Vader582']IMHO, it's great satire.
:lol:[/quote]

Point well taken and Funny, I dont have most of the everyday problems most people have on here.. I guess you find the rare good store and stick with it...

Im curious how much this guy got hit with listing fees alone to post that listing....

Edit: Used a fee calc and it looks like that guy spent roughly $100 to list that not including addition this and thats ebay offers... lol people these days...

[quote name='Vader582']IMHO, it's great satire.
:lol:[/quote]
Wrong.

Gamestop New = Previously Gamestop checked out and certified copy

Gamestop Used = A traded-in copy

Btw, what's gonna stop an employee from 'accidentally' switching a NEW disc with a USED disc when you buy a Gamestop New copy? Who knows, his buddy could be waiting to buy a fairy MINT copy at the USED price :roll:

I went yesterday to go get GH Aerosmith and the free guitar, only to have missed the game by 10 minutes. There were plenty of guitars left. I asked him how long the promotion would run and he just shrugged. *facepalm*

Took a look at the other stuff and didn't find anything that appealed to me. Annoyed that there were like 15 copies each of the crap, while that one game was gone. There were even a couple copies of Valkyria Chronicles.

[quote name='rperez1025']If you missed Valkyria Chronicles because your Gamestop is sold out you can still pick it up through this guy from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Valkyria-Chronicles-Gamestop-NEW-SEALED-RARE-PS3_W0QQitemZ260397123500QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item260397123500&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

He's selling his "Gamestop-new" copy, better hurry before it is snatched up![/quote]

That listing is awesome.
Anyone clicking on the link, please read the whole thing, the lister's tongue is planted firmly in his cheek.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']Wrong.

Gamestop New = Previously Gamestop checked out and certified copy

Gamestop Used = A traded-in copy

Btw, what's gonna stop an employee from 'accidentally' switching a NEW disc with a USED disc when you buy a Gamestop New copy? Who knows, his buddy could be waiting to buy a fairy MINT copy at the USED price :roll:[/quote]

Well, VC used is more than GS new...that's how I justified my copy

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']hahahahaha :lol:
this actually made my day :applause:[/quote]

The jokes keep on coming when you see the BIN prices on his other listings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Valkyria-Chroni...s=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

So the guy sends more money to Ebay, who does little to stop people selling bootleg games and helps people profit off of hoarding, in order to slight Gamestop selling gutted games. :roll: And he's guaranteed his item won't sell.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I've actually heard good things about the new 50 Cent: BotS game. Obviously not worth it for $60, but every body I've talked to that has played it has had good things to say about it being really fun and entertaining.

Not sure why I'm responding to your post or what the point of my post is, though. :cry:[/quote]
there is nothing good about 50 cent game. believe me i played it.
Either u can believe me a guy who knows his shit about games or some asshole who thinks 50 cent game is good in any shape or form. its fuck this and fuck that bitch thru the whole game, the story is retarted, hard mode isnt hard. ill say this if it was anyone but 50 cent in the game with a diffrent story it would be good. The gameplay is arcady and everything does what its suppose to. but honestly its a god awful game the lvls are poorly made and just ughhh so much fail. lol sry ranting

Nobody has a problem with GS employees renting games. We have a problem with them trying to pass off rented and opened copies as new. If you need to play a new game for info, your store should set a copy or two out for rentals and when they see it fit to put it back for sale they should put it as used, because it under any definition is used.

Most (newer) games go for $55 used anyway so it's not exactly like they are killing themselves to do the right and ethical thing.

Also, that eBay Valkyria Chronicles is priceless.

Got GH: Aerosmith and the wired guitar today for $9.99 and came out pretty happy. I mean the game is pretty good, and you can't beat a free controller.

[quote name='UnrealZero']there is nothing good about 50 cent game. believe me i played it.
Either u can believe me a guy who knows his shit about games or some asshole who thinks 50 cent game is good in any shape or form. its fuck this and fuck that bitch thru the whole game, the story is retarted, hard mode isnt hard. ill say this if it was anyone but 50 cent in the game with a diffrent story it would be good. The gameplay is arcady and everything does what its suppose to. but honestly its a god awful game the lvls are poorly made and just ughhh so much fail. lol sry ranting[/quote]

that's kind of a biased opinion.

It has a 71 on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/50centbloodonthesand?q=50 cent

I'd say their reviews are more important than yours, especially since you are basing it off just not liking 50 Cent.

And before you say anything else stupid, I'm sure most of those reviewers aren't huge fans of 50. Nor are a lot of people fans of Vin Diesel, but his games have been quite good and reviewed extremely well.

Stop being so close-minded.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']that's kind of a biased opinion.

It has a 71 on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/50centbloodonthesand?q=50 cent

I'd say their reviews are more important than yours, especially since you are basing it off just not liking 50 Cent.

And before you say anything else stupid, I'm sure most of those reviewers aren't huge fans of 50. Nor are a lot of people fans of Vin Diesel, but his games have been quite good and reviewed extremely well.

Stop being so close-minded.[/quote]

You obviously overlooked the part where he pointed out that he's a "guy who knows his shit about games." :roll:

[quote name='salty tbone']You obviously overlooked the part where he pointed out that he's a "guy who knows his shit about games." :roll:[/quote]
:D:applause: nice!!

Gonna give up on finding VC for ps3 for now. I'll own it someday. I might actually walk away from this sale without buying anything, weird. We'll see what discounts/drops happen towards the last week. That's when I dropped the most money last year anyways.

New gamestop ad confirms the May 2nd end time. I'm unsure if a definitive time has been established but their new weekly ad does.

[quote name='jp0213']New gamestop ad confirms the May 2nd end time. I'm unsure if a definitive time has been established but their new weekly ad does.[/quote]

Sure hope we see some further drops.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Sure hope we see some further drops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, considering most of the stores near me still have full bins.

When would drops happen since the Weekly Ad lists the higher prices. What I mean is they would have to happen this week, but when, if they're advertising the regular prices. Maybe drops won't happen.

[quote name='SuxoR']Picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A2 today :]

Thanks CAG seems like it's gonna be great[/quote]
thumbs up to u bro u wont be disappointed.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']that's kind of a biased opinion.

Stop being so close-minded.[/quote] Funny how im reading these reviews that tear up the game. First sign of fail was no couch Coop. Its a game for idiots end of story.

I really hope the prices drop even further, especially Chrono Trigger and DMC Collection.

[quote name='UnrealZero']Funny how im reading these reviews that tear up the game. First sign of fail was no couch Coop. Its a game for idiots end of story.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's going on but that post is ripe for dissection.

[quote name='UnrealZero']Funny how im reading these reviews that tear up the game. First sign of fail was no couch Coop. Its a game for idiots end of story.[/QUOTE]

Here is another thing to chew on. Something that gets to the essence of it all outside a detailed technical review.

Sessler's Soapbox: 50 cent is worth your dollars.
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693540/Sesslers-Soapbox-50-Cent-is-Worth-Your-Dollars.html

Everyone loves surprises, even people who say they don't. Such is the topic of today's Soapbox.

If you remember 50 Cent: Bulletproof, you'll remember that it was a pimple on the surface of gaming. We don't blame you for having low expectations for 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, but hold off on your judgement, young soldier. This game is actually good. It's really good. We swear it. Listen to what Adam has to say about the game and let us know what you think.

For everyone wanting further price drops on the stuff that doesn't sale, it's unlikely.

I was chatting the manager of my local GS and he told me that all the games will most likely be marked as used and placed back on store shelves. Could be YMMV, just have to ask around I suppose.

That sucks and I don't think it's legal to buy a lot of stock at a reduced price for a sale and then turn around and sell it at a higher price because "they can" because its "used" since they gutted the games. But who's gonna stop them...

This sale seems really weak. The games on sale that I would be interested in, I bought a long time ago for a cheaper price.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']The bins at my GameStop look like they haven't even been touched.

edit: besides the missing VC's.[/quote]

Same with mine. Picked up the DMC pack for $17. You think they would have some drops this year like they did last year. After all, so much stuff is left at many gamestops.

[quote name='J7.']That sucks and I don't think it's legal to buy a lot of stock at a reduced price for a sale and then turn around and sell it at a higher price because "they can" because its "used" since they gutted the games. But who's gonna stop them...[/quote]

Call your congressman?

so they will be putting the left over games back on the shelf and marking them as used, anyone else find this comical? I thought gutted games weren't considered used...

my local Gamestop told me that on 5/2 certain titles from the current Game days Sale will be marked down to a "Final Clearance" price. They had the stickers to show me, so this is pretty much confirmed.

[quote name='bywaytm']Here is another thing to chew on. Something that gets to the essence of it all outside a detailed technical review.

Sessler's Soapbox: 50 cent is worth your dollars.
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693540/Sesslers-Soapbox-50-Cent-is-Worth-Your-Dollars.html

Everyone loves surprises, even people who say they don't. Such is the topic of today's Soapbox.

If you remember 50 Cent: Bulletproof, you'll remember that it was a pimple on the surface of gaming. We don't blame you for having low expectations for 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, but hold off on your judgement, young soldier. This game is actually good. It's really good. We swear it. Listen to what Adam has to say about the game and let us know what you think.[/quote]
Nope still not worth anything thats why theres a bunch of used copies because idiots bought it thinking it looks so dope but relized how worthless it was.also its super cool to play with ppl online who only say $$$$a this and $$$$a that about the game. 50 cent : Blood for Idiots.

Like it or not, it got decent reviews (currently around 70 on Metacritic). Doesn't seem like something I'd buy, but I threw it up on my GF queue just for kicks. Seems like it might be worth a day or two of mindless fun.

Finally picked up Namco Museum and Metal Slug 7. The Game Days bin at this GS was really empty. They even had blank cases to make it look full. I had to get MS7 from the wall in the DS section.

When I paid, the clerk opened up the drawer and they had all the games in there and they were sealed. Unfortunately, Namco Museum was actually the last copy so I bought it gutted. It's good to know that, atleast this GS, made an effort to keep the games sealed. They even left the wax paper on the stickers that went in between the plastic and the artwork (something that they don't do with used games).

bread's done
Back