GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emg28']Finally picked up Namco Museum and Metal Slug 7. The Game Days bin at this GS was really empty. They even had blank cases to make it look full. I had to get MS7 from the wall in the DS section.

When I paid, the clerk opened up the drawer and they had all the games in there and they were sealed. Unfortunately, Namco Museum was actually the last copy so I bought it gutted. It's good to know that, atleast this GS, made an effort to keep the games sealed. They even left the wax paper on the stickers that went in between the plastic and the artwork (something that they don't do with used games).[/quote]

Would you mind telling me which gamestop was this at. I've yet to find one around here that didn't gut all the games.

[quote name='slowdive21']I picked up a sealed VC for 29.99 (last copy), they wouldn't take the coupon saying it is only for used games.[/quote]

That's awesome, considering there are no deals on used games during Game Days. Way to go again, GS. :applause:

The Game Informer coupon blatantly says "Game Days Sale" on it, and there is also a 10% off e-mail coupon that is only for used games. slowdive21 must have been using the e-mail coupon or else he just didn't put up enough of a stink.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']Would you mind telling me which gamestop was this at. I've yet to find one around here that didn't gut all the games.[/quote]

It's the GS in the South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach, CA. I'm not sure if you're close to it but they had about 3 big drawers full of sealed games.

hey bigdaddybruce, what do ya mean by final clearance begins on 5/3? is that when it ends? And does any one know how frequently they restock certain games?

[quote name='solid-alchemist']hey bigdaddybruce, what do ya mean by final clearance begins on 5/3? is that when it ends? And does any one know how frequently they restock certain games?[/quote]

On the 3rd, they will make further markdowns.

As for restocking, they certainly won't be restocking any games in this sale. The whole point of it is to clear out games that have not been moving.

[quote name='solid-alchemist']hey bigdaddybruce, what do ya mean by final clearance begins on 5/3? is that when it ends? And does any one know how frequently they restock certain games?[/QUOTE]

I think there will be further discounts on all the GameDays titles starting 5/3, like $2 off. Whoopee!

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I think there will be further discounts on all the GameDays titles starting 5/3, like $2 off. Whoopee![/quote]

Last year, many of the games had an additional 50% taken off. For instance, I picked up NBA Street Homecourt for $10, which started at $$20 when the sale began. Someone posted the speculated drops in another thread, but I am going on a very reliable source that the list and/or discounts were not yet made available to employees.

Decided to give a GS another look to end my Sunday shopping & surprisingly, they were filling up the Game Days bin (it was looking pretty bare a few days ago.) No additional titles, I think they're just trying to make it look full with the gutted cases.

[quote name='slowdive21']I picked up a sealed VC for 29.99 (last copy), they wouldn't take the coupon saying it is only for used games.[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That's awesome, considering there are no deals on used games during Game Days. Way to go again, GS. :applause:[/quote]
I'm sure he just went up there with the wrong 10% coupon...there's 3 floating around ya know

If we were talking about any other store, I might say you have a point. But considering GS employees are notorious for saying anything to avoid doing the least bit of work, I would not doubt his story. The coupon is right in the OP.

[quote name='freshzen']The Game Informer coupon blatantly says "Game Days Sale" on it, and there is also a 10% off e-mail coupon that is only for used games. slowdive21 must have been using the e-mail coupon or else he just didn't put up enough of a stink.[/quote]

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm sure he just went up there with the wrong 10% coupon...there's 3 floating around ya know[/quote]

I had the right coupon from the OP. I just don't shop at GameStop enough to know that game days only includes new games. (especially since there were buy 2 get 1 signs everywhere - which is apparently for used games- that must be called something different than game days-yet is an overlapping promo)

[quote name='slowdive21']I had the right coupon from the OP. I just don't shop at GameStop enough to know that game days only includes new games. (especially since there were buy 2 get 1 signs everywhere - which is apparently for used games- that must be called something different than game days-yet is an overlapping promo)[/quote]
if you used the coupon in the OP and the VC you bought was new, then that's some BS that they wouldn't take it. The coupon clearly says game days right on it.

As for not understanding the sales, understandable, Gamestop very often has alot of overlapping promos going on. Whether it be a % off, BxGx, or trade-in special. Although at times it's benefitial to know which of these things stack, such as the edge card 10% with the B2G1 right now. or CAG16 and/or SAVER online.

Just throwing info out there. You only missed out on a $3 savings but that stuff adds up over time.

Well I just picked up Valkyria Chronicles, still sealed. It was at a new gamestop that just recently opened, within the last month. They didn't have any GameDays sales sign or anything so I got lucky and was able to get a copy.

picked up Warcraft III battle chest after thinking about it, and let me say no regrets :). the crazy thing is that there are 5000 people online on the original version and thousands more on the expansion.

all for a total of 20 bucks with the game informer coupon, a steal!

[quote name='segaplayer']picked up Warcraft III battle chest after thinking about it, and let me say no regrets :). the crazy thing is that there are 5000 people online on the original version and thousands more on the expansion. all for a total of 20 bucks with the game informer coupon, a steal![/quote]

[quote name='momouchi']I'm hoping for a price cut on Diablo II battle chest. It is a good price now, but 15 or less would be much better.[/quote]

Blizzard games keep their value so well. Hell, I spent all last summer playing Diablo 2, and the summer before that on WC3. Honestly, I think the least time I've spent playing a blizzard game was WoW, where I only played for two months before I decided I didn't have enough time for it.

[quote name='Zmonkay']add another canceled without notification. fuckers didn't even give me another coupon code (used the 10.00 off from the apology about 5off60 code goof). I emailed them asking about it, and all they said was

OK, I get it, too many VC were ordered, but where's my coupon back then. I'll happily pick up something else using the code (Guilty Gear AC Plus is lookin mighty tempting). assholes[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me.
$7.50 of the $10 code was allocated towards VC, which was subsequently (& silently) cancelled.

The first response from GS was some company line basically repeating the information from MY e-mail to them. But I replied back explaining my situation once again. I took about 24 more hours but a different rep. wrote back and gave me a new code. (Don't know for how much though; not ready to use it...)

So keep pressing if you feel it's worth your time; GS will most likely break down.

GameStop definitely needs a little competition. Even if the other company eventually folds, something needs to light a fire under this company's ass.

I've seen it happen in my area with the cable company. For years, the cable company has had no competition, and they treated the customers like shit. Their basic philosophy was, "Well, it's this, or you get a dish and lose your service everytime it rains." But now, FiOS has come in, and suddenly, their customer service is a little easier to deal with, and they are bending over backwards to try and keep subs.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameStop definitely needs a little competition. Even if the other company eventually folds, something needs to light a fire under this company's ass.

I've seen it happen in my area with the cable company. For years, the cable company has had no competition, and they treated the customers like shit. Their basic philosophy was, "Well, it's this, or you get a dish and lose your service everytime it rains." But now, FiOS has come in, and suddenly, their customer service is a little easier to deal with, and they are bending over backwards to try and keep subs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there was competition but Gamestop just buys them out

simple

The Blizzard games are worth every single penny and dollar, the Diablo II ladder was just reset and I already know groups of people getting back into it to climb it again
I play Warcraft 3 everyday and there are a bunch of tournaments and custom games to keep you busy

best games evar imo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of tough to say. It's quite difficult to buy out legitimate competition. The companies they have bought out over the years were failing businesses. I mean, there are still gaming-centric stores out there. They just aren't competition to GameStop.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The final clearance begins 5/3. I have not received any info yet on what the prices will be, though. I should get something tomorrow or Friday.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! I'm looking to get the Diablo chest but if they're going to be lower in price next week, then I'll hold off until that takes effect.

GS will hurt eventually when digital downloads become big. I wonder if they'll be stuck selling new games only in printed code form. Still, I'd rather have them and be able to get used games than be stuck paying normal prices for only digital products.

[quote name='J7.']GS will hurt eventually when digital downloads become big. I wonder if they'll be stuck selling new games only in printed code form. Still, I'd rather have them and be able to get used games than be stuck paying normal prices for only digital products.[/quote]

I think this is the way most gamers feel and should feel. It amazes me when I see people sing the praises of digital delivery. I love being to get smaller games and new content via the various networks and channels we have out there. And I also like getting great deals on full PC games from Steam. At the end of the day, though, anyone who wants nothing but digital content is crazy, because it would cause massive problems for consumers.

Now, if you want, say, Resident Evil 5, you have so many different options. You can buy a brand new copy from a zillion different stores, buy a used copy from numerous other stores, go to eBay, trade with your friend, etc. Once digital delivery is all we have, all of that is gone. Having less options is not a good thing, even though I still see a handful of CAGs act like it will be, simply because they hate GS so much.

@BDB: Well, from a purely philosophical point of view, I can understand how some would be in favor of digital only. If you're of the mindset that you only want your purchases to be of at least some benefit to the developers/publishers then digital is a great way to ensure that.

Additionally, if you're just a lazy fuck, or like to live a truely spartan lifestyle, then who needs physical media? I can personally attest that my house has more clutter due to having more games than space for them. When I had a similar problem with CDs years ago, I just got one of those "books" and tossed all the jewel boxes. However, I no longer have that problem with music as I get most of it digitally (iTunes and such).

Of course, the drawbacks are well-documented, but I dont see those as being enough to completely stop the digital train (see the rumored PSP redesign).

Additionally, I think the "internet GS hate" is mostly for show. The sheer amount of ppl here on CAG who profess to hate GS, but are quick to hop on sales or deals or flips says to me that it is more bluster and principles.

Nothing is ever gonna stop publishers from wanting to transition to digital distribution. It just disturbs me that so many people think that's good for the consumer.

I'll also agree that the "hate" is overhyped. For such a hated, horrible store, this thread about their sale is very big. And for every "ZoMg, this sale is da blow," there are 10 posts about things people were looking to pick up.

I can't see how digital distribution benefits the consumer. It eliminates the competition from the used market and price fixes us into paying one fee with no options.

You would think by cornering people into one option it would make people go there; but in reality people are more inclined to just move on to something else if they are not able to have choices.

As much as I hate to say it, if gaming went digital I would give it up. I refuse to belong to an industry that corners it's consumer base into paying ripoff prices for something they don't technically own.

Does anyone remember how much stuff dropped last year on the Game Days clearance? So I can idea of what I can hope for.

Also does Gamestop offer price protection?

I picked up a few pennied out guides two days ago from GS. The guy working there said alot of, but not all, of the Game Days sale items will be half off very soon. Sounds like we need to keep on our toes if we want to get anything that fulfills our own desires ;-)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I can't see how digital distribution benefits the consumer. It eliminates the competition from the used market and price fixes us into paying one fee with no options.[/quote]

Well the "theory" is that with digital distribution, the consumer benefits in a few ways:

1) The elimination of retail means that the associated costs: packaging, shipping, markup *should* be eliminated as well.

2) Convience: with digital, you never have to leave your couch to get good games. You dont have to worry about where to store all your stuff (less clutter). You never have to worry about the game you want being sold out (see the Best Buy $10 thread)

3) Taking piracy out of the picture means more money goes to those making the games, which should mean that more games get green-lighted / more features can be put into approved games; increasing the quality of options to the consumer.

Now I dont necessarily agree that all these things would happen. In fact, I'm quite skeptical that they would drop prices / increase quality if (when) we get to full DD. But I think it's fair to say that these are the possibile benefits to a consumer.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Last year, a lot of the stuff went down 50%. I picked up a few of the $20 games for $10.[/quote]

Tomb Raider Anniversary
Chrono Trigger
PSP SvR 2007 and Flatout

for like 33 bucks I am down...hitting up gamestop at open on the 3rd.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I can't see how digital distribution benefits the consumer. It eliminates the competition from the used market and price fixes us into paying one fee with no options.[/quote]
So wait, how does digital distribution eliminate price competition? Lost me there...

Hoping to get Namco Arcade, Call of Duty 2, and Crash of the Titans if they last until 50% off =D ! Thanks OP for the update.

[quote name='TruthinessFC']So wait, how does digital distribution eliminate price competition? Lost me there...[/QUOTE]

because you cant resell/trade digital games.

Not only that, but you really don't own them. You're renting them for a very long time. Eventually, you gotta believe a company is gonna make a game unavailable for download. When that happens, and your drive goes, bye-bye game.

Competition will be eliminated, because there will zero need for publishers to any longer deal with stores. They will simply delivery you the content themselves, cutting out the middle men. Problem is, those middle men battle each other for our dollars and our time, ie getting us into their stores.

So, when we eventually hit an era of nothing but digital delivery, say goodbye to clearance sales, used deals at GameStop, etc. All that will be gone.

Stopped by gamestop today and they already had a final clearance sign up and most of the regular stickers were replaced with final clearance stickers and they were the same price, for example diner dash psp was $15 and still was $15 with the new sticker.

bread's done
Back