GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mongoose07']Is there any confirmation of the B2G1 deal?

Also, if a game's "new" price gets reduced for Gamedays, does it's "used" price also drop the same amount during the sale?

Here's to hoping I can stockpile games for summer now...[/quote]

The used price stays the same. It was interesting last year when you could buy Command & Conquer 3 for $12 new and with the trade-in deal that was going on you could actually get more than that back.

I think the lists are pretty expected. Wii games were big movers during the holiday season so I expected the Wii list to be huge. Every group has a few good titles in it, but I would say the DS made out better than other platforms this year. Maybe I should finally get one.

[quote name='tightclaws']A Gamestop fanboy? Now I've seen everything that list is a bunch of crap.[/quote]

:roll:

Oh geez, here we go. Hopefully, a mod will find their through and get rid of this crap soon. I guess everyone who likes the sale is a fanboy. Makes sense.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']wow, total crap.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tightclaws']A Gamestop fanboy? Now I've seen everything that list is a bunch of crap.[/QUOTE]

I can see where the lists can be a little disappointing if you only have one system (especially the PS3 and 360 ones), but the DS, Wii, PSP, and PS2 more than make up for it in my opinion. I'm planning on getting around 10 or so games from this, but it's all dependent on price.

[quote name='Josef']I can see where the lists can be a little disappointing if you only have one system (especially the PS3 and 360 ones), but the DS, Wii, PSP, and PS2 more than make up for it in my opinion. I'm planning on getting around 10 or so games from this, but it's all dependent on price.[/quote]

Yeah same here. Still gonna grab at least 2 360 titles but most of them aren't top-notch titles. Missing out on the good DS titles since I don't have one, but the PSP has the FF Advent Children UMD, FF I, FF II, FF Tactics, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Phantasy Star Portable, and others. If they're all around 50% off I'll probably pick them all up save FF Tactics since I snatched that up the second it dropped to $19.99.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']unless you have a DS, the games are trash... thanks for the post though TC[/quote]

Valkyria Chronicles begs to differ.

[quote name='punkmaggit']That'll be $30 if anything.[/quote]

Chances are it will be $20. Last year Monster Hunter Freedom 2 was $20 for this sale. As was Brave Story and Valhalla Knights. IIRC - PSP games were all at 50%

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not for nothing, guys, but can we cut out the "the list isn't good" crap? I mean, honestly, if you don't like anything on it, that's fine. But it's pretty apparent by the replies I have seen so far that the majority of CAGs are very interested in some of the games on the list. It's one thing to swing in and say, "Nothing for me." It's another to be like, "This list is pathetic." Let's discuss the deals and issues relating to it to them. If you got problems with GameStop, take it to the shopping discussion board.

And I honestly can't believe a few people are still pointing out that the games are at MSRP. I'm gonna hope and pray that they are joking.[/QUOTE]

Look, this is a discussion board. If you aren't going to be ok with people discussing various aspects of deals including their feelings about the retailer, the condition of the merchandise, the prices and what is actually on sale, you should probably not post here. Or, better yet, stop responding to everyone's posts.

There are people who feel the list of games is not great. I don't agree, but I respect their right to post an opinion. There are people who don't like Gamestop, that is also a valid topic of deal discussion, just like when someone posts a no-name retailer sale and people chime in with reasons why they wouldn't buy from them. It's all part of being on a public discussion board and if you don't like it, feel free not to participate in the discussion.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Wow...the only list I was interested in was the 360 list, and that was very underwhelming. :bomb:[/quote]
Just a big face slap lol it sucks!!! :bomb:

[quote name='tightclaws']A Gamestop fanboy? Now I've seen everything that list is a bunch of crap.[/quote]

To you maybe, but for people with more then one, or even all of the current gen systems, there's some good stuff in there. Even stuff I -don't- want will make good gifts.

I'm gonna keep my eye on Chrono Trigger and Umbrella Chronicles, and I'll prolly just get one of the two.

Not the best list, but at least there's a few things I'm interested in.

depending on the price,I'll be interested in :

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Warriors of the Lost Empire
Phantasy Star Portable

[quote name='Sixtail']To you maybe, but for people with more then one, or even all of the current gen systems, there's some good stuff in there. Even stuff I -don't- want will make good gifts.[/quote]

100% agree. My guess is a lot of the "this list sucks" stuff is coming from 360 only owners (because the 360 list IS pretty damn weak), and people that are not RPG fans (take out Valkryia Chronicles and the PS3 list is just as bad as the 360, and most of the highlights for for me on the DS and PSP are RPGs as well). I think a big strength of the list that people are missing is the PS2 selection. I mean...3 game collections from the DMC, RE, MK, and MGS series, plus Persona 3 FES? For anyone that is behind on those series, that is a great selection.

Very MEH list. With exception of Valkyria...but I don't have a PS3 =(

On top of that, some places, like Newegg and Amazon have had these prices on these titles for some time already, and at times, even lower than GS!

I'll be picking up 2 wireless PS2 controllers, Persona 3, and Devil May Cry set.

Nothing I want for the 360, but I have been thinking about getting a DS, so maybe the FF games, Chrono Trigger, and Metal Slug.

I wonder why so many people are complaining about the list. Its the best selection they have had so far, so I assume people are being thrown off by the pricing, which isn't discounted yet. Although it will be a bit of a disappointment when all the good games are 30% off.

A few questions.

#1. How funny it is for Gamestop to have a huge sale on 4-5 the same day the DSi comes out.

#2. Wonder if Gamestop corporate will stand for leaks like this maybe CAG gets a C&D order Cease and Desist letter.

[quote name='freshzen']I wonder why so many people are complaining about the list. Its the best selection they have had so far, so I assume people are being thrown off by the pricing, which isn't discounted yet. Although it will be a bit of a disappointment when all the good games are 30% off.[/QUOTE]

It's because the 360 essentially got completely left out. Even if those 360 games were all $5.00 bucks, that's nothing to get real excited about, and in some cases, it might be $4.00 more than what some of that junk sells on ebay.

I may bite on VC for PS3 and some of the DS games, but I, like many others, was hoping to get some decent deals on stuff for the 360 which has been released in the last year.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']A few questions.

#1. How funny it is for Gamestop to have a huge sale on 4-5 the same day the DSi comes out.

#2. Wonder if Gamestop corporate will stand for leaks like this maybe CAG gets a C&D order Cease and Desist letter.[/QUOTE]

How is this a leak, when the list is available on the Gamestop website? Did you hear, the weather was leaked from weather.com...

[quote name='bojay1997']Look, this is a discussion board. If you aren't going to be ok with people discussing various aspects of deals including their feelings about the retailer, the condition of the merchandise, the prices and what is actually on sale, you should probably not post here. Or, better yet, stop responding to everyone's posts.

There are people who feel the list of games is not great. I don't agree, but I respect their right to post an opinion. There are people who don't like Gamestop, that is also a valid topic of deal discussion, just like when someone posts a no-name retailer sale and people chime in with reasons why they wouldn't buy from them. It's all part of being on a public discussion board and if you don't like it, feel free not to participate in the discussion.[/quote]

:roll: I didn't know you ran this place. Oh, you don't. I just remembered. Anyway, just as you think everyone has the right to say whatever they want, then I do, too. And I was posting about how it's quite annoying as a poster and reader to have to go through a bunch of...as another poster put quite well...crying. That's not the purpose of the thread.

And I like how you try to make me look like the ass by saying, "don't respond to every post." Could you point out how I did? Most of my replies in this thread were to help people out to make better use of this sale. That's the discussion that is suppose to take place in this thread. Not the crying. That's all I was saying. I wasn't being a jerk...as you and some other posters were. I was just saying it should end, so we could actually discuss the deal. This is Cheap Ass Gamer. Not Crying Ass Gamer.

You want to discuss the deal?

For 360 owners, there is no deal. I could buy any of those games new for whatever price G/S is going to sell them for. The paltry selection makes it even worse. Look at the list- Sonic is the only game that could be a deal worth mentioning, and even that is an average game quality-wise. I'll admit the DS/PS2/PSP lists look pretty nice, but they're not the systems that need the most help for libraries of games. Okay?

I'm desperately hoping for a b2g1, but at this point it doesn't look like they'll have one.

Anyone know for sure whether you can buy this week and return/rebuy during the sale? I'm thinking no because these games are separate from their normal stock, i.e. they'll still charge the regular price for their games that weren't purchased for this sale (that are the same game).

[quote name='loserboy']How is this a leak, when the list is available on the Gamestop website? Did you hear, the weather was leaked from weather.com...[/quote]
Because the site page is not live, it was only found by someone fiddling around with the web addresses. It's not intended to be made public yet.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']And I like how you try to make me look like the ass by saying, "don't respond to every post." Could you point out how I did?[/quote]

You are an ass. You've posted in this thread 18 times now.

[quote name='Mongoose07']I'll admit the DS/PS2/PSP lists look pretty nice, but they're not the systems that need the most help for libraries of games. Okay?[/quote]

Huh? And the fact that the PS3 section has Valkyria Chronicles alone makes it worth mentioning.

360 owners are getting shafted here (I'm a 360 owner as well), but that doesn't make the sale a failure. I just find it odd. What kind of deals were people really expecting from GameDays?

I think most of the people who say VC is great and all that don't actually believe so, but are just following the bandwagon. It is a solid game, but not likely a system seller.

I'm just bitter because my instinct (for personal gaming tastes) that VC would not be worth $60 for me turned out to be right, and they are having a sale a month after I bought it.

Plus, what are you guys arguing for? I glossed over both sides, and everything that was said were moot points, repetitions, rewordings, putdowns, and self-righteous statements. All over a pretty much disappointing GAMEDAY sale. Why get all pissy because other people don't agree with our opinions?

Hey TC, I thank you for pointing out the deal. However, I don't think you have any right to shoot down the haters, as it was not you who made the deal, but gamespot. You merely pointed out the deal, and they weren't even hating on you.

so can anyone confirm if there is going to be a buy 2 get 1 free sales cause i think there was another thread where the guy said he heard from his buddy that there was going to be one. does anyone know because that would make my hunt for all of the dragon ball z games complete

[quote name='ndjn3979']I think most of the people who say VC is great and all that don't actually believe so, but are just following the bandwagon. It is a solid game, but not likely a system seller.

I'm just bitter because my instinct (for personal gaming tastes) that VC would not be worth $60 for me turned out to be right, and they are having a sale a month after I bought it.[/quote]

Why does Valkyria Chronicles have to be a system seller for it to have the acclaim it does? I know a lot of people were waiting for a price drop for this game before buying it, myself included. Finding it on sale (after release) was pretty difficult.

The fact that it's not being printed anymore due to selling like crap makes its inclusion in GameDays at a discount very exciting.

I didn't phrase it right, but what I meant was that it didn't deliver on that word-of-mouth acclaim for me. It was fun, don't get me wrong. Just not a 10/10 game like EVERYONE says. (exaggeration)

[quote name='Nikadimas']Yeah same here. Still gonna grab at least 2 360 titles but most of them aren't top-notch titles. Missing out on the good DS titles since I don't have one, but the PSP has the FF Advent Children UMD, FF I, FF II, FF Tactics, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Phantasy Star Portable, and others. If they're all around 50% off I'll probably pick them all up save FF Tactics since I snatched that up the second it dropped to $19.99.[/quote]
i agree on the psp titles i probaly picking up ff1, castlevania andcandc red alert

bread's done
Back