GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a complete piece of shit list

Not to mention the "UP TO 50%" which means only a few games will be 50% off

Sonic unleashed - 50% off
Valkyria chronicles - 10% off

just watch.

[quote name='Jeff...']What a complete piece of shit list

Not to mention the "UP TO 50%" which means only a few games will be 50% off

Sonic unleashed - 50% off
Valkyria chronicles - 10% off

just watch.[/quote]

While I doubt Valkyria goes 50% off, I think Sonic is not going to get slashed very much, it should be less than Valkyria. While people who play games regularly may know that Chronicles is a far superior game, Gamestop is selling to everyone, and as long as they keep getting children in the store, and everytime I'm in there kids are all over the place, Sonic will have much more appeal than a game they likely haven't heard of, it should theoretically be capable of pushing more copies and not warrant a price cut as much as a game like Valkyria.

[quote name='arcurifisher']who cares if it sealed if your going to open it?[/quote]

Principle/pride issues. I agree with their complaints on gutted games, but since they're likely going to be marked down to a good price, it won't bother me for this sale.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Ahh, another time when Gamestop conveniently isn't the devil.

Mm, hypocrisy.[/quote]

Your giving them to much credit. 50% off brings these games down to somewhat normal prices :D

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']All new games. Unfortunately, many stores will open every, single copy they have. Others, though, will only open a few to put in the bins, and there will still be more sealed copies behind the counter.[/quote]

Afraid I'm not up to speed with the Gamestop operating procedures. Why would they open new copies prior to selling them?

Anyway, looking at creating my PSP library. Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (for sure) followed by some possibles - Silent Hill Origins and Metal Gear Solid Portable being at the top of that list.

[quote name='dizz.lee']valkyria finally goes on sale somewhere. the game was worth msrp, i hope this draws more people in.[/quote]

I agree 100% with that. It's totally worth the price of admission.

So, since I'm new here, what are the odds that this is the list and that is that?

[quote name='Bomfy']I agree 100% with that. It's totally worth the price of admission.

So, since I'm new here, what are the odds that this is the list and that is that?[/QUOTE]

Practically 100%, as the games listed here are the same on the Gamestop website.

I highly encourage everyone interested to buy Valkyria Chronicles, and use the money you saved to buy the upcoming DLC. PLEASE SUPPORT WORTHY GAMES WORTH SUPPORTING!! :pray:

[quote name='arcurifisher']who cares if it sealed if your going to open it?[/quote]
I do. When my local GS opens the games they put thier stupid stickers on the paper insert and I hate that. I rather not have that on my NEW game. I may be overly picky, but if I buy a new game I want to be the one that pops its cherry.

[quote name='Ecofreak']
I highly encourage everyone interested to buy Valkyria Chronicles, and use the money you saved to buy the upcoming DLC. PLEASE SUPPORT WORTHY GAMES WORTH SUPPORTING!! :pray:[/quote]

You got it, bro.

[quote name='Jimbo1']Are there gonna be other games on sale or is this it? Cus the 360 sections is pretty junk.[/quote]

This is likely it. The size of the sale pretty much matches last year, so I doubt we will see anything else added. I do agree that there isn't much on the 360 side. Tomb Raider Anniversary for $10 or the Namco Museum for $15 both interest me. Hopefully, they will actually be 50% off.

[quote name='Boeing 747']My store only had a single copy of Valkyria Chronicles and I bought it in January, wonder if they'll get more.[/quote]

[quote name='ihadFG']I think last year they seemed to get more copies of all the games in.[/quote]

Indeed. A number of GS employees were speculating about the sale items (which they were often right about), due to unusual shipments they received. Even if a game hasn't been showing up at your store lately, they might get a new shipment.

[quote name='Jeff...']What a complete piece of shit list

Not to mention the "UP TO 50%" which means only a few games will be 50% off[/quote]

Not for nothing, but have you followed previous Game Days sales? I don't think anything was ever jusr 10% off. The lowest was like 20%. Last year most of the stuff was like 30% to 50%. Also, they will further reduce the price of many of the items at the end.

[quote name='dg7md']Principle/pride issues. I agree with their complaints on gutted games, but since they're likely going to be marked down to a good price, it won't bother me for this sale.[/quote]

Same here. I might be willing to over look opened copies for the right deal.

[quote name='schuerm26']Your giving them to much credit. 50% off brings these games down to somewhat normal prices :D[/quote]

Really? I think that's tough to say. I know a lot of this stuff can be found on clearance at similar or lower prices, but clearance sales are YMMV. I'd like to know where you're finding Tomb Raider Anniversary, for instance, at a $10 price point (if they actually reduce it by 50%).

[quote name='MerelyBroken']Afraid I'm not up to speed with the Gamestop operating procedures. Why would they open new copies prior to selling them?.[/quote]

GameStop opens new games to put the cases out on display. Normally, they do this to one copy of a game and put the case on the shelf. Sometimes, they will do it to multiple copies for a really big game, like Resident Evil. They sell these copies as "new," which annoys many people, especially here on CAG. For this sale, many stores will simply open every copy and put the cases in the bins.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Practically 100%, as the games listed here are the same on the Gamestop website.

I highly encourage everyone interested to buy Valkyria Chronicles, and use the money you saved to buy the upcoming DLC. PLEASE SUPPORT WORTHY GAMES WORTH SUPPORTING!! :pray:[/quote]

Thank you for the answer and I completely agree with you, it's so worth in and the DLC will be great.

Oh wow...

:ds: Chrono Trigger
:ds: Exit
:360: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
:360: Sonic Unleashed (MAYBE)
:wii: House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns
:wii: Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection

AND RIGHT WHEN I HAVE BARELY ENOUGH MONEY! :bomb:

I don't have a PSP or PS3, but I would definitely recommend the following:

:psp: Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
:psp: Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai: Another Road
:psp: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
:psp: Phantasy Star Portable
:ps3: Valkyria Chronicles

Wow what a slap in the face with the slim pickings of 360 titles. Not really seeing anything worth getting. I might just grab a few and save them as birthday or even christmas presents.

Finally, I'll pick up Final fantasy III!!!

Might look into those Agatha Christie games for the Wii for my GF, she's into those kinds of games.

Nothing for the most part, FFTA2 for the DS, but a number of games for the PSP (4).

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Castlevania
Phantasy Star

Hopefully some really nice prices.

[quote name='Gertle627']I'll pick up the Namco 360 game if it's 50% off and then can use my Edge card & GI coupon. Other than that, not interested.[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to use your edge card.

[quote name='burritoman']
Might look into those Agatha Christie games for the Wii for my GF, she's into those kinds of games.[/quote]

You may want to hold off on that. My mom was (well still is) a huge Agatha Christie fan so while growing up, I read many of her books and saw many TV/Movie adaptations and enjoyed nearly all of them. I got the Wii "And Then There Were None" (nee Ten Little $$$$ers) and just couldnt get into it. The animations are horrible, the voicework laughable, and the item manipulation strange to say the least. (Full Disclosure, I got a disc only copy so maybe the manual explains stuff better).
I'm a big fan of point and click adventure games, but this didnt hold my attention at all. I'd like to play through it all the way, but honestly, it felt like a chore, so I just stopped. Too much of a backlog to waste time not having fun.

YMMV as always of course.

So we can't use our edge cards, but we can use the coupon for up to 60% off? If so, ill get Valkyria Chronicles and maybe re-buy Chrono Trigger. Scratch that, im getting VC no matter the price, I just hope my store has a copy!

[quote name='jeremiahkd']So we can't use our edge cards, but we can use the coupon for up to 60% off? If so, ill get Valkyria Chronicles and maybe re-buy Chrono Trigger. Scratch that, im getting VC no matter the price, I just hope my store has a copy![/quote]
up to 55% off

Hopefully Valkyria Chronicles is 50%. I need more games to add to my list of bought but not yet played jRPGS (Persona 3: FES, Persona 4, Tales of Vesperia) so far. :D

Not knowing the % really is dumb -_- lol.

I'll check later I guess, but saying "OMG! GONNA BUY THIS AT 10$ since its 20 now!" is just silly, since it may be 10%, maybe 15% who knows.

I will say Valk. Chronicles is worth it at 59.99 though, great game.

[quote name='reicaden']Not knowing the % really is dumb -_- lol.

I'll check later I guess, but saying "OMG! GONNA BUY THIS AT 10$ since its 20 now!" is just silly, since it may be 10%, maybe 15% who knows.

I will say Valk. Chronicles is worth it at 59.99 though, great game.[/quote]

As I and others have said, nothing in last year's sale was discounted at anything as low as 10% or 15%...at least, nothing of note that I can remember. I think 20% was the lowest, and the vast majority of the stuff was between 30% and 50%. Along with the 10% coupon, this is why people are excited over the stuff they see.

[quote name='killer9']wow 60% off valkyria would mean i could buy it for 25.98 new heres hoping it gets 50% off[/QUOTE]

The cheapest Valkyria Chronicles would be would be $26.99 ($29.99 plus 10% off with the coupon). My best guess is they would probably sell it for $39.99 or $44.99. Who knows, they could be monitoring online sites such as CAG and pricing the items based on early reaction to the titles (i.e. everyone saying they want VK or CT will keep the price at 30% off rather than 50% off). Probably not likely, though I wouldn't put it past them (and they do have a presence in the CAG forums).

This sale just makes me hate gamestop even more for trying to sell open games as NEW. Once the seal is gone, NOT NEW!! :censored:

And do they actually go to the trouble of opening perfectly new games just for this sale?

[quote name='scottman']This sale just makes me hate gamestop even more for trying to sell open games as NEW. Once the seal is gone, NOT NEW!! :censored:

And do they actually go to the trouble of opening perfectly new games just for this sale?[/quote]

The only thing I dislike more than Gamestop gutting games is the ENDLESS moaning that will choke this thread.

And yes, I realize the irony in my post.

I wonder what will happen with the UMDs. Most are already listed at $5 and isn't that what they were last year for the gamedays sale price? Maybe they'll be $4 or something (at least the $5 ones).

I have a question about the coupon. Does the coupon just work for one game that you’re buying, or does it work for your entire order as long as everything is part of the Game Days sale? That is to say, if I went up to the checkout with Valkyria Chronicles & Metal Gear Solid Collection, would I have to choose which one I wanted the discount on, or would the entire order get 10% off?

The way that the coupon is worded, I could see it meaning either.

I have the urge to buy FFT and PSP for the PSP even though I don't have a PSP, if they were 50% off. PSP probably won't be, but the urge is still there. There's still a way to tunnel PSP online correct?

Last year, the coupon applied to everything that applies to the gamedays sale.

Just like previous years it's up to 50% off. So the games you see could end up being 50% off. Games will most likely be gutted, but depends on each store. These two answers are also in the OP...

bread's done
Back