GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this thread is getting a lot of replies.

Betting Valkyria will be $40-45 =\

Will buy it for $35 or less for sure, but not sure about 40 & up.

[quote name='freshzen']Wow this thread is getting a lot of replies.

Will buy it for $35 or less for sure, but not sure about 40 & up.[/QUOTE] Don't wait too long for a better deal or you'll likely miss your chance to get it at all. :p

[quote name='freshzen']Wow this thread is getting a lot of replies.

Will buy it for $35 or less for sure, but not sure about 40 & up.[/quote]

There's a 10% off coupon in this month's GI. So, that will knock another few bucks off. YMMV on whether or not your store will accept scans.

Speaking of which, if anyone has a decent scan of the coupon, post it, and I'll make sure it finds its way into the OP.

[quote name='nathan88']^ it's gonna be 30buck, 50% of 60buck is 30buck.[/QUOTE]
See the OP
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']But like last year, they will be on sale for up to 50% off.[/QUOTE]

This isn't terribly informative. It just tells you what will be on sale, but not what the sale will be. Some of these could just turn out to be 10% off or something, and then who cares?

[quote name='Thrinn']I've been waiting for Valkyria Chronicles to go on sale. The game's become scarce really fast considering it's only been out since the holidays. I can't wait for the sale. Thanks a ton OP![/quote]

Yes, everyone that has mentioned it should buy it. Maybe finally we will at least get an idea when the DLC will be released if you all buy it. Doubtful. I guess I'm the odd man out, one of the only PS3 game I bought at full price and don't feel let down a bit. Stole my GOTY title from Fallout 3

@OP, thank you for the list, I've been searching and now you guys have to deal with me a member. :D

roc's feather;5685600]This isn't terribly informative. It just tells you what will be on sale said:
Not for nothing, but have you followed past Game Days sales? I don't remember anything being just 10% off. I think the lowest last year was like 20%. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I doubt it.

Yeah, a select few of these games have never/rarely been on sale. This looks like a really worthwhile sale to take note of.

dont know if it was said but my buddy at my local GS also told me they will be havin B2G1 free (used)goin on also

Valkyria CHronicals and Chrono Trigger stand out as two pretty major titles on the list. it wasnt as big as I was expctign though but its still pretty nice. Might bite on tacticts A2 if it goes down to like 20-25

Dang, I just picked up SFIV and RE5 yesterday. Oh well, I'll have to live with 20% off.

Didn't think they would be doing a B2G1 this year. Got the impression it would be new games on sale and select used titles.

Pretty good list for me:
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Metal Gear Portable Ops Plus
Metal Slug 7
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
Devil May Cry set
Resident Evil Essentials
Sonic Unleashed PS2
Snoic Riders Zero Gravity PS2
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

If I had a Wii: I'd get Ghost Squad, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, and House of the Dead 2 + 3.

Nothing like a big bag of meh like last year's big 'sale' was for me. I got a couple of those PS3 games for under 50% of what they're listed for on GS' site right now from Kmart, so why pay more?

Now, if they started to clean out the XBox games for 50% off at the same time as this 'deal', THEN I might get excited. My Xbox has been sitting in my closet collecting dust since I hooked up my PS3.

Thanks for the list, though just like last year I'll wait until the after sale 'clearance' of what's left.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Dang, I just picked up SFIV and RE5 yesterday. Oh well, I'll have to live with 20% off.

Didn't think they would be doing a B2G1 this year. Got the impression it would be new games on sale and select used titles.[/quote]

If they were used, then you can return them within 7 days...return rebuy on the 5th? :cool:

[quote name='xycury']
oqk2yw.jpg

Coupon under spoiler.[/quote]
Nice, ty.

Am looking at house of the dead 2&3 myself, been wanting it just not at 30 bucks.

I have been meaning to buy Metal Gear Solid Essentials collection. I was willing to get it at 30, but my backlog was too big. My stores better get some of these so I can pick one up for cheap.

Man,I was just gonna buy the metal gear essentials next month!.Hopefully the sale is for online stuff @ gamestop cause I don't have a gamestop even close to me (I think the nearest one is 45 miles away :/)..Well here's to hoping thanks OP!.

People that want Valkyria Chronicles better go at store open on day 1 because thats going to go fast as well as Chrono Trigger on the DS

Wow they have Phantasy Star Portable on the list as well that just came out !!

If anyone hasn't noticed, they are having more of the buy 2 get 1 free on used sales, but the sales last for a short period of time (2-3 days)... They used to have the sales spread out more, but lasting a whole week or two.

[quote name='axylfyre']I got the email from gs that said that it was a big 50% off new games on 4/5. Is this the same sale?[/QUOTE]

That's different and only on select games. If this is true, it would be B2G1 on used games.

FF Tactics A2
Phantasy Star Portable
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles
Persona 3: FES

Interested in all of these, depending on the discounts.

Not too many 360 game & PS3 :(

Sid Meier's Civilization (DS) $10
Metal Slug 7 (DS) $10
Line Rider 2 (DS) $10
Neo Pets Puzzle Adventures (DS) $15

Final Fantasy (PSP) $10
Final Fantasy 2 (PSP) $10
Worms: Open Warfare (PSP) $10
Phantasy Star Portable (PSP) $20

Crash of the Titans (360) $10
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (360) $15

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 (Wii) $15

Resident Evil: The Essentials (PS2) $12.50

Does anyone know what Gamestop's price adjustment policy is? I'd like to go buy Valkyria Chronicles now, then get the price adjusted on the fifth as I'm sure it's going to be the first thing to sell out at the only Gamestop near me, but it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to give me the run around.

WC3 Battlechest for $20 probably.

Already got Medieval Total War II Gold from Half Price Books for $7 :D

bread's done
Back