GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']What makes me sick is that half of Gamestop's billion dollar sales are in used games, and ZERO of that goes to the publishers and developers who made it

Imagine how many great games would have had sequels by now if they got their money[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that money go to the publishers/developers where the game was sold new originally? I mean, if I buy a game new at Best Buy, part of that money should go to the publisher/developer, but if I trade it it to GS and someone buys my used game there, why would the publisher/developer get more money? They already got their cut, so that's just double-dipping.

Am I misunderstanding your point?

His argument is that by buying a used game instead of a new one, you're not putting more money into the publishers' pockets. Of course, there isn't anything any of us can do about that. There will always be a market for used games, even if GameStop folded up shop tomorrow.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']His argument is that by buying a used game instead of a new one, you're not putting more money into the publishers' pockets. Of course, there isn't anything any of us can do about that. There will always be a market for used games, even if GameStop folded up shop tomorrow.[/quote]

Thank you for explaining my point, but if GS folded up tomorrow, Best Buy's sales of NEW games would go up. Sure another chain would start doing used games, but Gamestop has screwing both gamers and publishers out of money down to a science

Fact is, developers and publishers need money for employees and growth, not the walmart of game stores. More money in executives pockets while screwing over part time employees is not what we need

meh, buying used saves me money, if developers want me to buy new, they need to give me a reason to.

on another note, when I do happen to buy new, I refuse to accept gamestops gutted copies.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Right. Because we're only talking about 1 person. I'm the only one in the country who refuses to buy opened "new" games. Besides, every sale hurts. Sure, the high school student behind the counter couldn't care less, but the company wants to maximize sales, right?

Something tells me you aren't a business owner. And if you are, God help you and your ignorance.[/quote]

The only one being ignorant is you and anyone else who thinks people really care when you proclaim "Look at me, I'm cool by not shopping there!" like you're some rebel.

If you don't buy something from there, someone else will. So they certainly aren't going to worry about some geek who has a problem with how they run their multi-million dollar company.

Sorry, but if GameStop was out of the picture, we as consumers would suffer. Less options = less deals. Also, go check out eBay and how many used copies of games get moved over there.

[quote name='Birakon']meh, buying used saves me money, if developers want me to buy new, they need to give me a reason to.

on another note, when I do happen to buy new, I refuse to accept gamestops gutted copies.[/quote]

Its already happening! Games like gears of war 2 were sold with a code inside for free downloadable maps to discourage ppl from buying new

If you're going to hold content from the disc as DLC for launch, I like being free AND aiming to screw gamestop;)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']His argument is that by buying a used game instead of a new one, you're not putting more money into the publishers' pockets. Of course, there isn't anything any of us can do about that. There will always be a market for used games, even if GameStop folded up shop tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I think developers budget according to projected sales of the game within the first few months of release; I'm sure more than a few of you bought big titles like GTA IV and RE5 on release day. Publishers of smaller titles probably cut costs by not manufacuring as many physical copies as larger titles (hence titles like Operation: Darkness may be harder to find than bigger titles.) Also take into account today's casual gamer "boom", who tend to buy new copies of things anyway. It's like every other visit I make to a Gamestop, there'll always be someone running up to the counter for something without even a clue that they could get it used for slightly less; and once they're told they can, they're often skeptical that something must be "wrong" with the used copy if it's being sold for less.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']The only one being ignorant is you and anyone else who thinks people really care when you proclaim "Look at me, I'm cool by not shopping there!" like you're some rebel.

If you don't buy something from there, someone else will. So they certainly aren't going to worry about some geek who has a problem with how they run their multi-million dollar company.[/QUOTE]

Listen, kid, I don't think you understand how business works, not that I'm surprised.

I'm talking about not buying games that are opened but are marked new. You are putting words into my mouth to try and win the argument. Again, if you were smart, you would see that there are others on here who feel the same. If there are that many on one thread on one site, then who knows how many there are in the country who feel the same? Your whole "rebel" argument is melodrama. I'm simply talking about one thing and that is opened games labeled as new. Nobody is trying to "stick it to the man". We know and are happy that GS is in business for various reasons, however, misleading customers with opened games as new is not one of them. There should be a discount anytime something is opened. Most business do it, so why not GS?

But, if that's how you feel, I have some underwear that aren't in a package that are "new" that I'm happy to sell to you. I swear I haven't worn them.

I am assuming like last year, the games are 50% off MSRP.
Is it wrong to buy the PSP game(s) I want for 50% off when I don't even have a PSP? If not, then I am picking up Castlvania.

Otherwise, nothing for the Wii for me. DS however, SRA, FFTA2 and Metal Slug 7. Buyt damn't no DQ4!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Listen, kid, I don't think you understand how business works, not that I'm surprised.

I'm talking about not buying games that are opened but are marked new. You are putting words into my mouth to try and win the argument. Again, if you were smart, you would see that there are others on here who feel the same. If there are that many on one thread on one site, then who knows how many there are in the country who feel the same? Your whole "rebel" argument is melodrama. I'm simply talking about one thing and that is opened games labeled as new. Nobody is trying to "stick it to the man". We know and are happy that GS is in business for various reasons, however, misleading customers with opened games as new is not one of them. There should be a discount anytime something is opened. Most business do it, so why not GS?

But, if that's how you feel, I have some underwear that aren't in a package that are "new" that I'm happy to sell to you. I swear I haven't worn them.[/quote]

1. Don't call me kid, you're not my daddy and if you were, I'd probably kill myself.

2. I never said what they do was "right" or "wrong". I simply said that they won't care one way or another if you don't buy games from them. You're just one insignificant person among the thousands of people who DO shop there and buy stuff from there. It's the same mentality some people get when they shop someplace and don't get the kind of service they want, they will kick and scream and proclaim they will never shop there again. Then you know what happens next? The store continues like normal and everyone there will forget that this particular person ever exsisted.

If they want to do stuff like that, then that is up to them. If you're so angry, which it appears to me that you are, then maybe you should file a lawsuit for deceptive selling practices. After all, sitting behind your computer and complaining about their "new" games is not going to change anything.

Having worked at Electronics Boutique and Gamestop for roughly 10 years, the gutted/display copy of a game(the last copy) is in fact NEW and I have always explained that to the customers, with little to no gripes. The "guts"(game & manual) have NEVER been touched nor used by a customer. Both EB and GS new stickers clearly displays on the white stickers "NEW" and on the used games in yellow "USED".

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']1. Don't call me kid, you're not my daddy and if you were, I'd probably kill myself.

2. I never said what they do was "right" or "wrong". I simply said that they won't care one way or another if you don't buy games from them. You're just one insignificant person among the thousands of people who DO shop there and buy stuff from there. It's the same mentality some people get when they shop someplace and don't get the kind of service they want, they will kick and scream and proclaim they will never shop there again. Then you know what happens next? The store continues like normal and everyone there will forget that this particular person ever exsisted.

If they want to do stuff like that, then that is up to them. If you're so angry, which it appears to me that you are, then maybe you should file a lawsuit for deceptive selling practices. After all, sitting behind your computer and complaining about their "new" games is not going to change anything.[/QUOTE]

To your points:

1) Too late
2) I'm one insignificant person plus everyone else who feels the same way, so I guess we're talking about hundreds or thousands of insignificant people. A point you've conveniently missed for the third time.
Any company who is ok with losing business is stupid because it's not about morals or policies, it's about money. Money they can keep from going to other stores where new products are actually new.
3) No, but not buying "new" games is.

It's still unclear why you are singling me out or why your initial comment was directed to me specifically. Face it, I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's obvious you don't like it, but oh well. Tough.

[quote name='beaus27']Having worked at Electronics Boutique and Gamestop for roughly 10 years, the gutted/display copy of a game(the last copy) is in fact NEW and I have always explained that to the customers, with little to no gripes. The "guts"(game & manual) have NEVER been touched nor used by a customer. Both EB and GS new stickers clearly displays on the white stickers "NEW" and on the used games in yellow "USED".[/QUOTE]

If the game is no longer factory sealed, it ceases to be new. End of discussion.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If the game is no longer factory sealed, it ceases to be new. End of discussion.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There are plenty of us who feel the same way.

Just because a GS employee says it's new, doesn't mean it is. I don't believe everything everyone tells me, especially when that person has something to gain. It's still moot, however, as opened is still opened, so it's not new.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If the game is no longer factory sealed, it ceases to be new. End of discussion.[/quote]

Not really... it's still new. A new car is not sealed is it? A new car might have 'test drive' miles on it and it's still new... right? Try on a ring at a jewelery store and it's still new... right? It's not used. Try on a pair of jeans but decide not to buy? You got it... they are still new.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Exactly. There are plenty of us who feel the same way.

Just because a GS employee says it's new, doesn't mean it is. I don't believe everything everyone tells me, especially when that person has something to gain. It's still moot, however, as opened is still opened, so it's not new.[/quote]

Makes sense to me. Let's all just end the argument here.:bouncy:

[quote name='InvaderZim']Not really... it's still new. A new car is not sealed is it? A new car might have 'test drive' miles on it and it's still new... right? Try on a ring at a jewelery store and it's still new... right? It's not used. Try on a pair of jeans but decide not to buy? You got it... they are still new.[/QUOTE]

What if I "try on" the game on my 360? Can I get a full refund if it "doesn't fit"? When does a game become used? If the answer is "as soon as it gets played in a console", then how do we know for sure it hasn't been played? Because that's what the associate told us?

I'll give you credit for you analogies, however (NOT sarcasm). It makes sense what you're saying, but it's a little different scenario here since games don't require to be tried on to see if it fits in my console.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']To your points:

1) Too late
2) I'm one insignificant person plus everyone else who feels the same way, so I guess we're talking about hundreds or thousands of insignificant people. A point you've conveniently missed for the third time.
Any company who is ok with losing business is stupid because it's not about morals or policies, it's about money. Money they can keep from going to other stores where new products are actually new.
3) No, but not buying "new" games is.

It's still unclear why you are singling me out or why your initial comment was directed to me specifically. Face it, I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's obvious you don't like it, but oh well. Tough.[/quote]

It's one thing for a company to worry about losing customers when THE COMPANY IS LOSING MONEY. However, Gamestop has been one of the few companies that have actually been doing pretty well. Granted it's mainly because of their used games, but regardless they are still make tons of money.

If every company worries about losing a customer, then they might as well just make everything free or just have their employees bend over with a sign that says "Customers Enter At Will". People will find ANYTHING to complain about and then say they will never shop at that store again. It's called not being able to please everyone and it's also called "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". And if this was REALLY such a *BIG* deal that is hurting their business, then Gamestop would already change their policy on new games.

And no, none of this was not directed squarely on you, but a general opinion to anyone who feels the need to state that they don't buy "new" games at Gamestop.

Great.

I don't buy games at Wal*Mart or K-Mart, but you don't hear me shouting that to the whole World like it has any relevance.

Test driving new cars is acceptable practice. However, test driving "new" games is not. The fact that a few GS employees have actually attested to the fact that they've borrowed unsealed "new" games is extremely disturbing. The bottom line is that there's no way you can be sure that a gutted game hasn't been played already.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Not really... it's still new. A new car is not sealed is it? A new car might have 'test drive' miles on it and it's still new... right? Try on a ring at a jewelery store and it's still new... right? It's not used. Try on a pair of jeans but decide not to buy? You got it... they are still new.[/QUOTE]

It's cute that you're trying to be contrary. Do cars, rings, and jeans come shrinkwrapped from the manufacturer too? Different markets have different definitions of the word "new".

It's not like I won't buy GameStop's not-new new games from time to time, but I would only do so if the price was significantly cheaper than I could find it for elsewhere. I see their gutted games as a used product, and accordingly, I would only pay a reduced, used price for them. If I wanted an *actual* new copy, I'd go to another store.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']And no, none of this was not directed squarely on you, but a general opinion to anyone who feels the need to state that they don't buy "new" games at Gamestop.

Great.

I don't buy games at Wal*Mart or K-Mart, but you don't hear me shouting that to the whole World like it has any relevance.[/quote]

I think you're mistaking the sentiment of those comments as pretentious. They're not some rebellious cry. They're just people posting their answer to gutted games... they don't buy them. I don't see any underlying message.

[quote name='GuardianE']I think you're mistaking the sentiment of those comments as pretentious. They're not some rebellious cry. They're just people posting their answer to gutted games... they don't buy them. I don't see any underlying message.[/quote]

Yet at the same time they are crying that it's a ripoff and Gamestop is the devil, meanwhile they are waiting with bated breath for this sale or the B2G1 free sale.

It's a common trend with Gamestop topics around here, people complain how they rip people off yet will be the first ones lining up for their B2G1 sale or to use their weekly coupon.

If they really hate their practices, they should avoid the store all together.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yet at the same time they are crying that it's a ripoff and Gamestop is the devil, meanwhile they are waiting with bated breath for this sale or the B2G1 free sale.

It's a common trend with Gamestop topics around here, people complain how they rip people off yet will be the first ones lining up for their B2G1 sale or to use their weekly coupon.

If they really hate their practices, they should avoid the store all together.[/quote]

nobody in here is "complaining" about the b2g1, people are "complaining" (as you've been putting it) about them gutting games, because people dont like, and none of us buy the gutted games that they call new even though some employees just have said that they let them take home those games and try them.

why would we stop using the store entirely because we dont like this one practice of gutted games? i dont like things about walmart, target, bestbuy, etc, but i wouldnt stop shopping there over these little things.

your post really was pointless and useless...and mine now is too :cry:

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If the game is no longer factory sealed, it ceases to be new. End of discussion.[/quote]

How hard is that for people to understand? EB should be selling that as an open item.

Doesn't the DMCA come into effect in some way?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Huh? What would copyright have to do with open-boxed items?

This whole thread has degenerated into madness.

SPARTA.jpg
[/quote]
Very true!

[quote name='doodofdoods']These games will stay in stock online for however long the game days sale lasts, right?[/quote]

What? We're gonna get back on topic? Wow!

But seriously, no. While supplies last. By the end of the sale last year, there were only a few titles left on the site.

So... back on topic. Does anyone know when we should anticipate this official ad and what the discounts will be... or when the official ad will be made available by Gamestop (with sale prices)?

[quote name='beaus27']I am assuming like last year, the games are 50% off MSRP.
Is it wrong to buy the PSP game(s) I want for 50% off when I don't even have a PSP? If not, then I am picking up Castlvania.
[/quote]

No it's not wrong at all, just more incentive for you to get a psp. I recently picked one up after having a ds for years and I honestly love the psp.

There's a lot of good games and I'm even more excited for this gamedays sale considering there is nothing but garbage for most of the consoles but both handhelds have some pretty good deals.

To the guy wanting to pick up the new sonic games don't bother. Unleashed was a huge disappoint for me haven't tried black knight but heard nothing good about it. Sonic is no where near as good as he use to be atleast on the console side of things. *goes back to playing Sonic Rush*

[quote name='Chlorox']No it's not wrong at all, just more incentive for you to get a psp. I recently picked one up after having a ds for years and I honestly love the psp.

There's a lot of good games and I'm even more excited for this gamedays sale considering there is nothing but garbage for most of the consoles but both handhelds have some pretty good deals.

To the guy wanting to pick up the new sonic games don't bother. Unleashed was a huge disappoint for me haven't tried black knight but heard nothing good about it. Sonic is no where near as good as he use to be atleast on the console side of things. *goes back to playing Sonic Rush*[/quote]
FF1+2 look tempting for $10 but I already have FF Origins and FF DoS
I have Sonic Rush, but isn't Rush Adventure an extension of Sonic Rush.

[quote name='beaus27']You guys are seriously anal. From this day forth, you are dubbed Jeff Albertson.[/QUOTE]

Some of us are collectors, and we expect that games labeled as "new" are *actually* in new condition. When the shrinkwrap is removed, and the disc and manual are stored away in a drawer, the item ceases to be new. This isn't rocket science. GameStop's gutted bullshit may fly as far as soccer moms are concerned, but some of us are smarter than that. It's outright dishonesty on their part.

And again, even I buy these gutted games from time to time, but only when they're significantly discounted. I'm not going to pay a new price for what is essentially a used game.

[quote name='beaus27']
I have Sonic Rush, but isn't Rush Adventure an extension of Sonic Rush.[/quote]

It's another game in the Rush series except I don't think you can control that cat girl just sonic. Not too sure I've only played the first couple of levels but I like it. What I dont like is having to go back to a level just to get a certain material to make another boat or jet ski.

Still if you liked the first you should like this one definitely.

Final Fantasy I & II are very tempting and if they are 10 dollars i'll be sure to pick them up...honestly don't know if I'll ever play them but still something nice to have. Personally I'm looking forward to the Castlevania game as well as flatout, Silent Hill, dragonball z ( I can't help but get these games even if they all are fairly similar I still enjoy them), and possibly warhammer. If I didn't already have FF tactics and Metal Gear Portable Ops those would definitely be on my list as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unopened factory sealed product= new
Factory seal on product damaged(cut,ripped.etc), contents remain undisturbed = questionable.
Factory seal completely removed from product, contents of product undisturbed = used.
Factory seal completly removed from product, contents removed into safe storage upon customer purchase= used.
Factory seal completely removed from product, contents removed into safe storage upon customer purchase, but were redirected to an employee's house for brief enjoyment= used.
Factory seal complete removed from product, contents removed into safe storage upon customer purchase, customer purchased product, enjoyed product briefly, traded product for store credit towards future purchases= used.

i like the list but gamestop's weekly ad preview for the gamedays sale is funny.
"hundreds of new games" it says

[quote name='W0lfRHart']i like the list but gamestop's weekly ad preview for the gamedays sale is funny.
"hundreds of new games" it says[/quote]
It's true, while being slightly misleading, they will probably have hundreds on games available, it's funny how swapping the word games for titles changes everything. It's sad too that the average Joe may think game and title is one in the same.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Huh? What would copyright have to do with open-boxed items?

This whole thread has degenerated into madness.

SPARTA.jpg
[/quote]

Before you try to act like a comedian, when the DMCA came into effect a lot of retail stores started the "only returned opened software for the same excat title" came in to play. This is around the PSONE era, and when PC games were still coming on 4 CD's plus.

Don't you remember this hitting across the nation when CDR burning became really affordable. Before the DMCA you were able to return open software for your money back.

*sigh* I don't know why, but for some reason I thought Game Days was when they had the whole Buy 1 Get 1 sale on used games. I was sooo amped up for nothing! Bah!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Some of us are collectors, and we expect that games labeled as "new" are *actually* in new condition. When the shrinkwrap is removed, and the disc and manual are stored away in a drawer, the item ceases to be new. This isn't rocket science. GameStop's gutted bullshit may fly as far as soccer moms are concerned, but some of us are smarter than that. It's outright dishonesty on their part.

And again, even I buy these gutted games from time to time, but only when they're significantly discounted. I'm not going to pay a new price for what is essentially a used game.[/quote]

OK so a movie comes out on Friday Night It runs through the machine but you don't see it till Sunday. Since you didn't see the first print and it has now been a worn print do you get a discount seeing a new movie. Thats the same as a gutted game.

[quote name='arcurifisher']OK so a movie comes out on Friday Night It runs through the machine but you don't see it till Sunday. Since you didn't see the first print and it has now been a worn print do you get a discount seeing a new movie. Thats the same as a gutted game.[/QUOTE]

this is the worst analogy I have ever read.

I think I am stupider for having read it.

[quote name='arcurifisher']OK so a movie comes out on Friday Night It runs through the machine but you don't see it till Sunday. Since you didn't see the first print and it has now been a worn print do you get a discount seeing a new movie. Thats the same as a gutted game.[/quote]

That is the dumbest shit I have ever read in regards to gutted games. :applause:

[quote name='arcurifisher']OK so a movie comes out on Friday Night It runs through the machine but you don't see it till Sunday. Since you didn't see the first print and it has now been a worn print do you get a discount seeing a new movie. Thats the same as a gutted game.[/quote]

Let's try a comparison that does work. Go buy a game from Walmart. Open it to watch the colors dance off the back of the disc because you have some sort of obsession with doing so. Now take the disc back to Walmart for a full cash refund. If they complain, just tell them you gutted it... but didn't play it.

Most forms of entertainment media have a rental system (movies, music, games). Retailers aren't interested in renting out free games/movies where you can technically get the most utility out of it for the 30 day (90 day?) return period.

This is why you can't return your open DVD to Walmart, Target, Kmart, or any other vendor and get a full refund. You opened it, even if you didn't use it. It now has less value than when you purchased it from the floor. It's not in resaleable "new" condition, and therefore the best they can offer you is a replacement in the case of it being defective. Clothes and other merchandise don't have this problem. They're in resaleable condition if there's no noticeable damage, and borrowing a shirt for a week has much less utility than borrowing a game for a week.

bread's done
Back