GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that GS may have additional price cuts through the course of Gamesday, I was just wondering how much would those "additional" cuts (percent-off) would be?

Probably the best deals IMHO are on the portables and VC for $30 but that's it for me to be honest.

found out one of the stores that's only a minute away on foot is doing a midnight. I'll pick up stuff at that time. I'll probably be the only guy there waiting in line not to get a DSi.

Out of curiosity, in the past have you guys had any luck price matching at other stores for Gamedays deals? What about price adjustments? :)

Also, the FAQ mentioned this is both online and B&M. From past experience do the online sales sell out real quick? Could save me a trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, VC for 30 bucks a is ripping deal and the 10% extra coupon to boot, that's nice. I'm surprised a little that I'm not even slightly bummed that I bought it for all the money. I'm just glad more people will get to enjoy it, it's a stellar freaking game.

Looks like I will be getting GH Aerosmith even though I don't care for them.

Namco Virtual Museum, here I come.

HotD 2 & 3 is basically the same price as it was last year. And Chrono Trigger at $30? :roll:

Sam & Max for $15? Now that's a nice price.

For all the 360 owners, yes the sale sucks for the most part, but I'll probably end up getting this.

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 14.99 ($13.50 after GI coupon)

And thinking about C&C for $18 after coupon.

I'm considering GH: Aerosmith. All depends on how much money I have at the time I suppose.

Also thinking about HotD 2&3, though I'm not exactly fond of spending $20 on a system that I don't even own (the parents own it)

I would have gotten Umbrella Chronicles, and Valkyria Chronicles but I already own them :cry: (at full MSRP).

However, I may pick up the Namco Virtual Arcade, GH Aerosmith and maybe FF Tactics on PSP.

Can I get a little bit of advice from you guys regarding Valkyria Chronicles?

I don’t own a PS3 yet. In fact, I probably wont buy one until the holiday season. But Valkyria Chronicles is one of the games that I’m very much interested in playing on the system. Do you think that I should buy it now at $30 knowing that I’ll eventually be getting a PS3? Or do you think I might be able to get a copy somewhere down the line?

Honestly, I think by the holidays, it'll probably be close to around that price. But if you've got the cash to spare, I guess there's always the satisfaction of knowing you at least have it at the moment and got a deal on it.

Thanks for the update Sa2vador. In for Metal Slug 7 and Namco Museum Virtual Arcade. Would have bit on Stuntman: Ignition if it was $9.99. Hopefully, it is still there when they drop the prices even lower towards the end of the sale.

[quote name='Tsukento']Honestly, I think by the holidays, it'll probably be close to around that price. But if you've got the cash to spare, I guess there's always the satisfaction of knowing you at least have it at the moment and got a deal on it.[/quote]

I only see that happening if it gets clearance somewhere else, and I have not seen it at many other stores to begin with. $30 is a really good deal for this game since so far its seem to maintain its value on resell.

[quote name='The End']Can I get a little bit of advice from you guys regarding Valkyria Chronicles?

I don’t own a PS3 yet. In fact, I probably wont buy one until the holiday season. But Valkyria Chronicles is one of the games that I’m very much interested in playing on the system. Do you think that I should buy it now at $30 knowing that I’ll eventually be getting a PS3? Or do you think I might be able to get a copy somewhere down the line?[/quote]
No way, I could understand if you were getting a PS3 in a month or something but you're getting the PS3 in like 8 months. The price would've definitely dropped by then. Games usually don't stay full price more than a year after release.

From what I saw on 4Chan's /v/ section, someone had posted almost the same list, but left out a good chunk of games that barely had much of a price change (such as Chrono Trigger at $30).

Essentials was listed as $19.99.

[quote name='Tsukento']Not going to happen. We had one just a few weeks back.[/quote]
I wouldn't rule it out. GS usually does those sales for like a week, while that one only lasted 3 days. Could be because there's gonna be another short B2G1 coming up.

I'm not saying its a sure thing, but hey, it can't hurt to hope.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']We gotta find out if the coupon takes 10% off the original price. If so, that makes VC 24 dollars which is a stellar deal.[/quote]

Last year's coupon took 10% off the sale price.

If I didn't already own VC, I would have bought it in a heartbeat at this price.

[quote name='mrrepoman']My take on gutted games is this what if Best Buy, Sears, Macy's, Walmart allowed their employees to take home merchandise. Would you want to buy "new" LCD TV, Refrigerator, underwear, socks, shirts employees of these stores took home to "try" out?
How bout the car dealership selling you a "new" car with 10,000 miles on it?

GS is selling used products once the item has been opened. That is why retailers sell open box items for big discounts, even if it was opened in the parking lot of the store and returned 10 minutes after purchase by a customer. If a manufacturer sold GS "new" items that were opened they would immediately file lawsuits citing breach of contracts. There is no excuse for this practice. Gamecrazy does not do it, yet their stores usually are a lot smaller than Gamestops.[/quote]

And you know what none of those stores give you the customer service gamestop gives, there is no knowlegde of gaming product at any of those stores, and yes dealers drive home new cars alllll the time. I worked for a few of them.

[quote name='The End']Can I get a little bit of advice from you guys regarding Valkyria Chronicles?

I don’t own a PS3 yet. In fact, I probably wont buy one until the holiday season. But Valkyria Chronicles is one of the games that I’m very much interested in playing on the system. Do you think that I should buy it now at $30 knowing that I’ll eventually be getting a PS3? Or do you think I might be able to get a copy somewhere down the line?[/QUOTE]I'd say buy it now, no question. The game is going to be extremely difficult to pick up down the road. I've been watching this game's price like a hawk, and this is the only really good deal I've seen on it. The game will go out of print and will be bought up by collectors long before it has the chance to reach the bargin bin IMHO.

Definately want VC. Tempted to do a buy, return, re-buy to ensure I get it (of course, not opening it...or breaking the little sticker if gutted). Not sure how fussy my local GS would be about that.

is there a list of stores that are going to do the midnight launch of the DSi?, tempting to use my credit on VC and FF Tactics

If bought a copy of VC today, would they price match their own deal on Sunday? I'm really tempted to pick this up for birthday present for a friend as I'm still enjoying my copy and the price screams BUY ME!

[quote name='xycury']kinda disappointed that some of the prices are not 50% at all... at least the 10% will help.[/QUOTE]

forgot about that 10% off coupon..

THat will knock Phantasy star psp down to 27.00 even from 40. (13 buck drop)

it was not that good of a game but dont know if it will be this low again before xmas...

with the massive back log of games i got i just dont know to buy it or not..

i do have 37.50 credit left over (from my FE shadow dragon return) so it would just be using credit..

I guess it depends if they have any left when i get over there sunday...

[quote name='blackjaw']If bought a copy of VC today, would they price match their own deal on Sunday? I'm really tempted to pick this up for birthday present for a friend as I'm still enjoying my copy and the price screams BUY ME![/quote]
Always remember this: GameStop is not like other retailers. They don't pricematch competition or themselves.

Just left my gamestop in Orange City, Florida, and according to the manager there will be no B2G1 on used games to keep the focus on the new games. Hopefully he was just being coy.

[quote name='Tsukento']Always remember this: GameStop is not like other retailers. They don't pricematch competition or themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but as long as you don't open the game, can they really prevent you from returning it and then re-buying it? They might not be happy about it but ...

[quote name='awp']Yes, but as long as you don't open the game, can they really prevent you from returning it and then re-buying it? They might not be happy about it but ...[/quote]

Why do you have to return/re-buy? What ever happened to good old fashion price adjustments?

As long as you bought it there im sure they have to honor the prices unless EB/GS goes on there own set of retail rules.

Always remember this: GameStop is not like other retailers. They don't pricematch competition or themselves

So what your saying is if you bought a game today for $39.99 and for some reason tomorrow they drop it to $9.99 they wont adjust that?

*** Another Edit ha ha: just got off the phone with my local store and they said if it drops in price just bring in the receipt and they will price adjust it... I dont know if its people just making these things up to banter EB/GS or if they happened to run into the one ahole employee...

[quote name='Derrick1979']Why do you have to return/re-buy? What ever happened to good old fashion price adjustments?

As long as you bought it there im sure they have to honor the prices unless EB/GS goes on there own set of retail rules.

Always remember this: GameStop is not like other retailers. They don't pricematch competition or themselves

So what your saying is if you bought a game today for $39.99 and for some reason tomorrow they drop it to $9.99 they wont adjust that?

*** Another Edit ha ha: just got off the phone with my local store and they said if it drops in price just bring in the receipt and they will price adjust it... I dont know if its people just making these things up to banter EB/GS or if they happened to run into the one ahole employee...[/QUOTE]

Just buy new copy & return new copy with old receipt. Problem SOLVE & No hassle.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']No, they won't. Every business has their own set of rules. Amazon no longer has a price guarantee, for instance.[/quote]

the only hitch I have ever ran into with there stores was price matching another store other then that they seem to follow other retail practices around here.. I swear it must just be people running into specific employees...

If a store was as bad as people make it out to be why the hell do they keep growing and growing.. Word of mouth and the net cant even stop the growth of this company...

[quote name='wildnuts02']umbrella chronicles still seems high at $30 :/[/quote]

Yeah, I'm hoping everyone else thinks that, too. Maybe it'll go down more towards the end of the sale. Too much to ask?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']No, they won't. Every business has their own set of rules. Amazon no longer has a price guarantee, for instance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will (referring to GS price adjusting). Or at least, they did it for me in the past. It could be on a store by store basis though.

I may just go with the website this time, assuming there will be free shipping. It sounds like that will be the only way to get factory sealed copies, and I don't personally feel like removing the large ultra sticky Game Days stickers from each game case that I buy. Sure, I won't get to use the coupon online, but that's the price I'm willing to pay to get an actual sealed new copy.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']No, they won't. Every business has their own set of rules. Amazon no longer has a price guarantee, for instance.[/quote]

Gamestop's receipt says that an unopened product can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Why, then, would they not honor price adjustments within those 30 days for unopened software? Not doing would make no sense, since I can just return it for the price I previously paid and re-purchase it immediately at the discounted price.

After seeing the (alleged) prices, I am in for at least 3 of the PSP games, and maybe as many as 5. The PS2 collections were not nearly as low as I had hoped....

bread's done
Back