GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Valkyria Chronicles for me. Been wanting that for a while. If the price ends up $29.99 then its a definite.

Everything is else is pretty much meh...

[quote name='wquach']if I may ask, how long does this sale last?[/QUOTE]
As long as it takes to get rid of the games. Last time it lasted well over a month.

Of course the best deals/games may be gone in days.

[quote name='firecracker22']...that's quite a bad list, if true.

If this is the best GameStop can do, during an economic downturn...then they just failed.[/QUOTE]
Yes but Gamestop is doing better in this economic downturn... thus they don't have to try as hard.

[quote name='zalman']Yes but Gamestop is doing better in this economic downturn... thus they don't have to try as hard.[/quote]

Pretty much. The industry as a whole is doing pretty well.

[quote name='JoeRed']I read on the PS3 GameFAQs forum that Valkyria Chronicles will in fact be $29.99...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=927750&topic=48877329

Also psp http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=918340&topic=48877778

x360 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=927749&topic=48877433

wii http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=930752&topic=48877809[/quote]

Those were copied directly from here, which were copied from somewhere else, post 676

[quote name='wquach']if I may ask, how long does this sale last?

And I'm expecting to receive a GS giftcard in the mail in the next couple of days, but I'm afraid it won't arrive in time for the sale (is it just one day?).

Is there any way I can buy the games now at sale price and somehow apply the giftcard later?[/quote]

How the sale works is stores receive few copies at that price, and those copies will be at that price until it is all sold out or if there are still copies left they will drop the price again. For example last year NBA home court was around $20 sale price, a month or so later they dropped the price to $10.

[quote name='jererjerer']it would just be awesome if amazon jumped in this whole thing with their price matching gamestop...it'll save us some hassle with going to the gs store[/quote]

Also no tax for most states.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Just price match at BB and you don't have to worry about giving those assholes your money or them gutting new games like $$$s....[/quote]

Seriously will BestBuy price match GameStop? Would I need the ad for Gamedays?

If true this is what I will be doing come Sunday morning.

[quote name='jererjerer']it would just be awesome if amazon jumped in this whole thing with their price matching gamestop...it'll save us some hassle with going to the gs store[/quote]
I have no intention of going to the store, I'm just gonna buy my games online.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Seriously will BestBuy price match GameStop? Would I need the ad for Gamedays?

If true this is what I will be doing come Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

If it's on a printed ad, they should. I got a postcard in the mail the other day from Best Buy touting their new more flexible price match policy and it looks like they no longer specify that the game has to be in stock at the place you are trying to match. I did a price match the other day on an item that was on sale at TRU and Best Buy literally took the ad and did the match without any hesitation.

A rumor was going around before that the sale would start at midnight on sat (aka sunday morning), for the DSi launch. Anyone know if that's true? If you are picking your DSi up at midnight can you buy some of the gameday games on sale then?

Honestly, with the pricing given, I'm taking a lot of things off my list, at least until they hopefully drop further.

I'd get another copy of Valkyria Chronicles, but only if it's sealed, which isn't very likely.

I'd do the same for some of the PS2 boxed sets and Persona 3 FES, but at $20 per set/game , only if they're sealed.

And same for Chrono Trigger and FFTA2, though Chrono Trigger at $30, I paid $5 less, free shipping and no tax, for my new copy from Amazon.

I will probably get only FF1 and FF2, FFT and Silent Hill Origins for PSP. Another copy of Castlevania Dracula X if it's sealed.

[quote name='eddie291']What if isn't on a flyer or ad? I would love to get Valkyria Chronicles, especially at that price.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't we be getting an ad soon anyways?

it should list alot of titles.... don't know if they could PM to the store by calling.

[quote name='wquach']And I'm expecting to receive a GS giftcard in the mail in the next couple of days, but I'm afraid it won't arrive in time for the sale (is it just one day?).

Is there any way I can buy the games now at sale price and somehow apply the giftcard later?[/quote]

I did this with a b2g1 that I forgot to use my gift card on a while back. They said that since I came back while the sale was active that it was no problem to just refund/rebuy using the gift card. If your card doesn't come until after the sale is over though it might be a little more difficult...

[quote name='xycury']Shouldn't we be getting an ad soon anyways?

it should list alot of titles.... don't know if they could PM to the store by calling.[/QUOTE]

Somebody posted a while ago on the titles that were in the weekly (online) ad. It was only around 15 titles or so.

Any word on the pricing of MGS: Essentials Collection?

I'll just PM at BB probably, since it will be going fast and I know my local store has copies

I'm gonna see if they happen to have the games I want today (sealed) so I can buy them and on sunday I'll return them and rebuy them. Unfortunately there is not a BB near me and I won't be able to order online until Monday morning. By that time they could be sold out.

Its probably already been asked, so sorry, GH: Aerosmith has that promo for the free guitar, any idea of the promo ends AFTER the price drop, could be cool to get GH:Aerosmith and the free guitar for $10.00?

[quote name='karkyco']I will probably get only FF1 and FF2, FFT and Silent Hill Origins for PSP. Another copy of Castlevania Dracula X if it's sealed.[/QUOTE]

Picked up FFT and VC just now. The were both sealed and still behind the glass. Planning to return and rebuy next week as I'll be out of town on Sunday. Didn't want to take a chance on a sellout. Guy there told me there would be no problem doing a return and rebuy if the games are still sealed.

So if you know you want some titles, go or call now to get your sealed copies for a return/rebuy next week.

[quote name='bob330i']

So if you know you want some titles, go or call now to get your sealed copies for a return/rebuy next week.[/quote]

I don't often go to GameStop -- how YMMV-ish is this, i.e. returning and rebuying?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']A few of the Game Days items are featured in the ad, but not everything. I think there are like 15 games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Josef']Somebody posted a while ago on the titles that were in the weekly (online) ad. It was only around 15 titles or so.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they have a whole ad on nothing but Games day last year?

I can't remember if they listed more titles or if it was just a splash page of it.

[quote name='Gden']I talked to a guy who is a manager of the gamestop in Athens, he said there will be b2g1 free.[/quote]

i hope this is true. wonder if it will start tomorow :cry:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the store is the size of a closet, i really dont see how anyone would walk in there, pull out a knife or other sharp object and slice the shrink wrap off of the game, open the case and pull out the disc and then walk out with no one seeing them.[/quote]

Shoplifters usually wear baggy clothes...they can shove 2 or 3 games, case and all, down their pants while their buddy distracts the employee by asking him a question. When people tried this when I worked retail, I always watched the other person while taking to the guy in front of me...they're pretty obvious about it. No need to cut the game out of the case.

Funny thing is though, they put the games out on the shelves at Blockbuster and people manage to pop open the plastic case on Gameboy/DS games, slice the wrapper with a knife, steal the games, and then seal everything back up so it looks like the game is still in there. I have bought a couple games like this from Gamerush and they are never surprised by it. They say it happens all the time. People buy the security tool to open the cases on Ebay.

[quote name='romodome']Its probably already been asked, so sorry, GH: Aerosmith has that promo for the free guitar, any idea of the promo ends AFTER the price drop, could be cool to get GH:Aerosmith and the free guitar for $10.00?[/QUOTE]

I was told they are both active during the promotion start. It was also pointed out to me that Aerosmith gets 5$ trade in, so extra guitar for 5$ anyone ?

you can return gameday sale games as new- as long as you ask for them to put a sticker/seal on it and leave it intact, right?

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']I don't often go to GameStop -- how YMMV-ish is this, i.e. returning and rebuying?[/QUOTE]

If it's sealed, I don't know how they could refuse to take it back within the return period. The minor problem I've run into is that different people have told me the return period for sealed games with receipt is 7 days, others have told me it's 30 days. A week should be enough anyways. I'll be R/R when I return from my trip on Weds.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the store is the size of a closet, i really dont see how anyone would walk in there, pull out a knife or other sharp object and slice the shrink wrap off of the game, open the case and pull out the disc and then walk out with no one seeing them.[/quote]

both the gamestops by me are actually pretty decent size with multiple isles, which means if there is only one person working someone could easily go hide behind one while the employee is helping another person. even with the small stores, if its pretty busy, there are plenty of distractions to give the person enough time to do it. ive seen it done before. many stores have this problem tho, mainly clearance sections at target and sears. just the other day i was at target and 4 games had been sliced open with the discs taken out...

[quote name='quis79']just out of curiosity... is it worth it to pick up final fantasy 1,2 and 3?..[/quote]
If you don't already have FF3, definitely pick it up. FF3 took me 30+hours. LOVED IT!!!
I was debating about FF1+2 myself, but I will skip that sale. Don't have a PSP(yet),plus I have FF:DoS and FF:Origins.

I picked up a sealed VC at Gamestop today and will perform a return/rebuy next Monday/Tuesday. The cashier did confirm you have 7 days to return a sealed game w/ receipt.

[quote name='stoned99']I was told they are both active during the promotion start. It was also pointed out to me that Aerosmith gets 5$ trade in, so extra guitar for 5$ anyone ?[/quote]
What promo gets you a free guitar?

Cap'n_RDM;5709151 said:
The cashier did confirm you have 7 days to return a sealed game w/ receipt.
The cashier was wrong. You get 30 days.

Code:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Store%20Return%20Policy.pdf

EDIT: Sorry about forcing a copy/paste to read the policy. The forum auto-FUBAR'd the original link.

[quote name='J7.']What promo gets you a free guitar?[/QUOTE]

Right now, if you purchase a NEW GH: Aerosmith 360 game only, you get that white wired guitar for free. The sign next to the guitars do not have a expiration date on it. I will probably buy the game and guitar tonight and do a return rebuy on sunday, if the guitar is not free, I'll just return the whole thing since Aerosmith isnt my thing.

[quote name='romodome']Right now, if you purchase a NEW GH: Aerosmith 360 game only, you get that white wired guitar for free. The sign next to the guitars do not have a expiration date on it. I will probably buy the game and guitar tonight and do a return rebuy on sunday, if the guitar is not free, I'll just return the whole thing since Aerosmith isnt my thing.[/quote]
So only for 360, not work on PS3? I would buy game, get guitar, and trade in guitar.

[quote name='eugaet']The cashier was wrong. You get 30 days.

Code:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Store%20Return%20Policy.pdf
EDIT: Sorry about forcing a copy/paste to read the policy. The forum auto-FUBAR'd the original link.[/quote]

Ughhh...I guess I should have known better than to just take the word of an employee. Thanks for the link.

yea b2g1 used combined with edge is usually a better price than these sales. Make sure you guys check the difference before buying.

[quote name='bob330i']If it's sealed, I don't know how they could refuse to take it back within the return period. The minor problem I've run into is that different people have told me the return period for sealed games with receipt is 7 days, others have told me it's 30 days. A week should be enough anyways. I'll be R/R when I return from my trip on Weds.[/quote]

I believe it's 30 days for returning new games sealed. 7 days for returning used games for a refund (and 30 days to exchange a used game if defective)

[quote name='bruceg']I believe it's 30 days for returning new games sealed. 7 days for returning used games for a refund (and 30 days to exchange a used game if defective)[/quote]

you people need to read your receipts, this is exactly what it says on mine

I picked up sealed copies of Valkyria Chronicles, Namco Museum Virtual Arcade, and Sonic Rush Adventure this evening with the intent of returning and repurchasing them on Sunday or Monday. I was assured by the store manager that this would be perfectly okay. Woo!

bread's done
Back