GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame that the XBox is considered a dead system and not included at all with this sale, since that's the only other system I'd want to buy games for right now. Most of the games for the PS3 on this sale are either available elsewhere new/used cheaper(Juiced 2 is $3.50 @ Kmart, Stuntman Ignition is either $5-6 @ Kmart)or just not worth what they want you to pay in this sale.

Thanks to all who provided info on the sale though, but this year is going to be a total waste for me.

Listen, just because the game out in the bin is gutted DOES NOT mean your copy will gutted. I bought Dracula X and Valkyria Chronicles, and both were gutted on the floor, yet when I purchased the games they handed me SEALED copies. Don't be discouraged if you see open boxes in the bin.

Both of my orders (one with glitch and one not) are still "Open" with everything "Pending". I wonder if having Line Rider 2 (which shows Backordered-- even though it didn't when I ordered last night) is going to mess things up.

That said, until I have a tracking number (both orders show an "upgrade" from media mail to UPS ground) that shows the games are in someone's hands, I'm not assuming anything worked.

[quote name='Maynard']Free shipping with SAVER. I was surprised to see how quickly it processed.[/QUOTE]

i be shocked if my order ships.,.. really REALLY Shocked if DOG ISLAND ships since it says 0.00 now on the invoice

when you log into your account what does it say pending , filled , other

also customer service is open on sunday Do they fill orders on sunday or even with 1 day shipping the games will not ship out till tomorrow and get them tuesday
thanks

i would probably only pick up final fantasy I and castlevania for psp. valk is a great price too but i already have it though

Already bought VC when the sale went up online last night. Went for a haircut this morning and was given an hour rate. Said fuck that and went to the EB nearby. Everything was gutted and in the bin, but everything was available. Picked up Dracula and War of the Lions for $20 and got to pick which UMDs I wanted from the sleeves. That was sort of great.

ouch just seen this

Overnight $9.99 for orders up to $75.00 Add $1.50 for each additional $75.00 Physical Street Addresses Only Allow up to 1 business day for processing.
Delivered in 1 Business Day after processing.
2-Day Air $6.99 for orders up to $75.00 Add $1.50 for each additional $75.00 Physical Street Addresses Only Allow up to 1 business day for processing.
Delivered in 2 Business Days after processing.
Ground $5.99 for orders up to $75.00 Add $1.50 for each additional $75.00 Physical Street Addresses Only Allow up to 1 business day for processing.
Delivered in 3 Business Days after processing.
Value $2.99 for orders up to $75.00 Add $1.50 for each additional $75.00 All US addresses, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, APO/FPO and PO Boxes Allow up to 1 business day for processing.
Delivered in 5-10 Business Days after processing.

so even with SAVER it would of been processed just as fast as OVERNIGHT..... it just ships faster but for it getting out of the wherehouse its the same time

DOHHHHHH!!!!! probally wasted 11 bucks.. but then again at least if they ship i get them tuesday

Picked up:
RE: UC (gutted)
Cradle of Rome (sealed, but only because they didn't know it was part of the sale)
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (gutted)
Final Fantasy I (gutted)
Final Fantasy II (gutted)
Word Jong (gutted)

After the 10% coupon, I spent ~$92 in credit.

I can confirm the GH: Aerosmith+free guitar. I picked one up at the second GS I stopped at today (the first denied any knowledge of the guitar sale) for 9.99, plus Civ: Revolutions for 15. Then I came home and dragged my roommate out to Gs for another copy of GH: Aerosmith so we would have 2 guitars. I figure we can resell the extra copy or give it away as a gift.

Picked up 360 Namco Museum plus 360 GH Aerosmith w/free Xplorer Guitar. The employees weren't aware of the free Xplorer, but when it rang up they let me have it because "the computer knows all". Luckily I have a good local GS, their attitude was "Wow that's awesome!" instead of "Hey you are ripping us off we can't sell it to you for that much!"

Everything that was out in the bin was gutted. Oh well no big whoop, I got a good deal.

Picked up:

Castlevania
Valkyria
Sonic Adventure
Chrono Trigger
Blue DSI

My wife is a Picross addict so I think the extra DS went over better than I thought. Couldn't resist the games though, used the 10% coupon and I doubt I'll see them cheaper soon with Sonic possibly being the exception.

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']talked to csr. my order is confirmed with the coupon intact. ahhyeaahh :lol:[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you're joking.

DO NOT CALL ABOUT YOUR ORDERS.

You NEVER call about possible glitches. All it does is alert them. Sure, your order may be confirmed when you call, but when 500 people call, they start figuring something is up.

Picked Up:

Chrono Trigger 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours
$29.99
clear.gif
Final Fantasy I 1 Backordered
$9.99
clear.gif
Final Fantasy II 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours
$9.99
clear.gif
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours
$9.99
clear.gif
Hidden & Dangerous II 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours
$0.99
Grand Total of 43.65 with SAVER and 5OFF60... Great Deal.

[quote name='Justin42']Please tell me you're joking.

You NEVER call about possible glitches. All it does is alert them. Sure, your order may be confirmed when you call, but when 500 people call, they start figuring something is up.[/QUOTE]

Well, I apologize if you think that it was wrong. Aside from asking them to change my shipping address, I only confirmed the total price. I didn't asked for any glitch or coupon. I'm smarter than that.

[quote name='Justin42']Please tell me you're joking.

You NEVER call about possible glitches. All it does is alert them. Sure, your order may be confirmed when you call, but when 500 people call, they start figuring something is up.[/quote]

Yeah, if you're at a B&M and an employee accidentally enters a lower price in the computer than the game you're buying should be I doubt you would ask them if the price is correct or if they're going to correct it, because they probably would. It's the same thing with ordering online, I guess people just don't realize that..

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, if you're at a B&M and an employee accidentally enters a lower price in the computer than the game you're buying should be I doubt you would ask them if the price is correct or if they're going to correct it, because they probably would. It's the same thing with ordering online, I guess people just don't realize that..[/quote]

There are some folks on here with enough integrity to actually say something.

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']Well, I apologize if you think that it was wrong. Aside from asking them to change my shipping address, I only confirmed the total price. I didn't asked for any glitch or coupon. I'm smarter than that.[/QUOTE]

If that's all you did, sorry for jumping on you-- I just wanted to make sure they didn't get a flood of people calling to confirm "Hey, I ordered with this coupon, can you check the total please and make sure it applied right?"

[quote name='thelonepig']There are some folks on here with enough integrity to actually say something.[/quote]

Well, I would hope those people wouldn't use the coupon glitch either, because it's the same thing. I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't say something about it, just that the situations have very similar consequences.

[quote name='gincognto']Picked up 360 Namco Museum plus 360 GH Aerosmith w/free Xplorer Guitar. The employees weren't aware of the free Xplorer, but when it rang up they let me have it because "the computer knows all". Luckily I have a good local GS, their attitude was "Wow that's awesome!" instead of "Hey you are ripping us off we can't sell it to you for that much!"
[/quote]
Same thing, got Aerosmith with the free guitar. The manager was shocked and started telling people in the store to jump on the deal for how amazing it was. So picked that up and tomb raider for 25 bucks, good stuff!

Picked up:
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (360)
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Ghost Squad

Games were gutted, but I really don't see the big fuss with everybody over it. Its not like they are forgetting to include the manual or anything.

So it appears that Best buy doesn't have Valkyria Chronicles. Its not even listed on their website, so much for trying to get it price matched.

[quote name='keithf25']Just a Heads Up: The GameStop in APEX, NC at Beaver Creek Commons has all their copies of Valkyria Chronicles marked at $9.99!!! It rang up at $29.99, but the woman did an override and i got it for $9.99. They still had multiple copies left at approx 11:30 am this morning.[/quote]
mother ****** :hot:

[quote name='dagreenone']Picked up:
Ghost Squad

Games were gutted, but I really don't see the big fuss with everybody over it. Its not like they are forgetting to include the manual or anything.[/quote]

Its because technically its not new anymore.... Think of the idea of gutting and relate it to another product.. i.e. condoms.

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']Well, I apologize if you think that it was wrong. Aside from asking them to change my shipping address, I only confirmed the total price. I didn't asked for any glitch or coupon. I'm smarter than that.[/QUOTE]

=)

#1 Rule over at FW - Never call.
#2 Rule over at FW - Never call.
#3 Rule over at FW - There is no fight club.

I ended up with Phantasy Star Portable, FF1, and FF2 (all gutted) for about 50, not bad.
Question about MGS PO Plus, is it the same as the non-plus version, but with some multiplayer bonus or is the 1-p taken out?

[quote name='chaddycakes21']Its because technically its not new anymore.... Think of the idea of gutting and relate it to another product.. i.e. condoms.[/quote]

LOL...kind of a big difference there...

When I went to my local, they had but one copy of Valkyria Chronicles left, and ample supply of everything else. V.C. will be the game that sells out at basically every store, is my guess, as it really is far and away the best deal of this sale.

[quote name='dagreenone']Picked up:
Ghost Squad

Games were gutted, but I really don't see the big fuss with everybody over it. Its not like they are forgetting to include the manual or anything.[/quote]

It's because most stores don't abide by gamestop's policies, and almost all reputable online stores keep games sealed. Whenever a game is opened, it's going to be listed as "used" online/b&m, but gamestop keeps them labeled as "new" which is very dishonest (they don't do this on their site though, or at least I don't think they ship opened "new" games).

Once a game case has been opened, and the disc has been handled it's technically used, especially when gamestop takes the disc and puts them in a plastic insert. I don't see how it makes much difference if a game has been played in a console or not, it's not as if the console makes the scratch marks, it's the person handling the disc, or the surface they put it on.

I really don't want to continue this argument, so I suppose I shouldn't be talking about it, but I wanted explain my take on why people are complaining.

[quote name='chaddycakes21']So it appears that Best buy doesn't have Valkyria Chronicles. Its not even listed on their website, so much for trying to get it price matched. [/QUOTE]

Its not on the website but the Best Buy I went to over the weekend still has several copies at MSRP. On the floor alone I saw 6 copies. YMMV will depend on where you are...this was at the West LA Best Buy. This game sold poorly so there are probably still a decent number of copies floating around at most stores.

Call yourself and check don't rely on the website.

bread's done
Back