Gamestop Game Days Sale June 2nd + 10% off coupon - LISTS ARE IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LISTS ARE IN - BIG UPS TP TAMMY P AND MASTER SHAKE

[quote name='Master Shake']ps3 official list
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
harry potter 00tp 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
timeshift 29.99
viking 29.99
virtua fighter 5 19.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

xbox 360

battlefield 19.99
battlestations midway 19.99
burnout revenge 19.99
command and conquer 19.99
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
fear 19.99
godfather 19.99
just cause 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
need for speed carbon 19.99
sega superstar tennis 14.99
sonic 14.99
timeshift 19.99
viking 29.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

wii official list

ben 10 14.99
fishing master 14.99
godfather 19.99
hot whees 19.99
house of dead 1 & 2 19.99 (17.99 with coupon) I think best deal
mario & sonic 29.99
mortal kombat 19.99
naruto 19.99
puppy luv 19.99
sega tennis 19.99
sims pet 2 19.99
sonic secret rings 19.99
sonic riders 19.99
super monkey 19.99
the bigs 19.99

pc games

diablo 2 lord of 9.99
dirty dancing (shure to sell a million) 9.99
guild wars eye of the north 14.99 (excellent price)
tabula rising collectors 29.99
tabula rising 14.99
warcraft 3 frozen throne 9.99
warcraft battlechest WOW ed 29.99
zoo tycoon complete 9.99

ds official list

atv/monter truck 9.99
baby pals 19.99
ben 10 14.99
dementium 14.99
digimon dawn 19.99
digimon dusk 19.99
diner dash 14.99
EA play ground 9.99
mario ans sonic 14.99
nervous breakdown 14.99
puppy luv 9.99
rafa tennis 19.99
sega tennis 14.99
sonic rush 14.99
super monkey ball 14.99
uno/ski o/ uno freefall 9.99
worms 2 9.99

PSP

after burner 19.99
atari evolved 9.99
ben 10 14.99
blitz 9.99
brave story 19.99
crazy taxi 19.99 - terible price in my opion
downstream panic 14.99
full auto 2 14.99
harvest moon 14.99
hot wheels ul racing 9.99
juiced 2 9.99
midway arcade ext plAY 9.99
MONTER HUNTER 2 - 19.99 *** BEST DEAL FOR SURE
mortal kombat deception - 9.99
sega collection - 14.99
sonic rivals - 14.99
street fighter alpha 3 max - 9.99 *** ok price
valhalla knights 19.99 - good price if you dont have it with 10% off coupon
worms 2 - 14.99

ps2

ace combat zero - 19.99
ben 10 14.99
cabelas alaskian 14.99
destroy all humans 1 0r 2 9.99
bragon ball z 3 19.99, 1 and 2 9.99
godzilla unleashed 19.99
hitman trilogy 19.99 - actullay really good price with extr 10% OFF FOR ALL 3 BRAND NEW GAMES
JAWS - 9.99
KATAMARI DAMACY - 9.99 AWSOME DEAL IF YOU GET SEALED
mortal k arma - 9.99
namco 50th 14.99
nicktoons unite 9.99
odin sperhe - 19.99 - can anyone argur with the 10% off coupon
scarface 9.99
sega gen collection 9.99
sega super star tenis 19.99
shadow the hedgehog 9.99
sonic heroes 9.99
sonic mega colection 9.99
sonic riders 9.99 (funny i think they just broke down the sonic 3 pack that was 29.99 for these
soul calibur 3 - 9.99
tomb raider legend - 9.99

umd list all are 4.99 - 4.49 with coupon
7 seconds
anacondas 2
are we there yet
bewitched
big hit
boogeyman
the cave
charlies agels
cowboy bebop
creatur comforts season 1
crouching tiger
dark crystal
deuce big europe
excorcism of emily
fifth elm
the fog 2005
fun with dick
godzilla
godzilla final wars
grudge
guess who
heavy metal
hellboy
hollow man
hostel
house of flying daggers
into the blue
joe dirt
kung fu hustle
labrynth
layer cake
legend of zorro
man of the house
mask of zorro
mirormask
not another teen movie - early Jamie pressly movie - she's soo hot
one upon mexico
rent
replacement killers
reidenr evil
RE apoc
richard pryor live
spider-man animated series
starship troopers
stealth
steamboy
stuart little 1 and 2 (both on one umd)
stuart 3
when a stranger calls
XXX state of un
you got served
zathura[/quote]

UPDATE: May 26

Yeah...still no list, BUT

CAGs have been mentioning lists received by stores and new price markings taking place. Its all a matter of us drilling employees for info or attaining the list.
-----------------------------------------------

Just noticed the Game days sale ad in the latest game informer. Last year's sale was pretty decent so its worth a thread. I'll try to post the ad and coupon later. Best part is the coupon doesn't say anything about being void if copied. No specifics yet on the sale.

"Hundreds of games and accessories up to 50% off"

Things to note:
- Should stack with edge (assuming there are used deals).
- Offer ends 6/30/08
- If you know the specifics, let us know!

Canada's Sale ( not known to be the same as the one here in the states)
http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Here's the scan...

gamedays.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='freakyzeeky']High-res scan of coupon...

GDCoupon.jpg
[/quote]

anyone know if it would be possible to print the add from their online site, and then take it to best buy or walmart for a price match?

and a second thing, where is this 10% off coupon people are talking about. theres nothing i can see in the op's post

[quote name='thisjustanother']anyone know if it would be possible to print the add from their online site, and then take it to best buy or walmart for a price match?

and a second thing, where is this 10% off coupon people are talking about. theres nothing i can see in the op's post[/quote]

Push the red button!!!

Click on "Show Spoiler"

Just bought Monster Hunter 2 and Katamari for $28.XX. I'll wait for the buy 2 get 1 free sale later if there is one.

Picked up Worms 2 PSP and Atari Classics Evolved. Got there around 10:20 and the bins were still packed to the brim, only looked like maybe 2-3 games had been pulled out.

I got the PSP version of Worms as it was the only one out (they had 2-3 copies of the DS version). Still REALLY on the fence but kind of feel like I'd prefer to play it with the larger PSP screen than the DS, although who knows.. I'm half tempted to go back and get a DS one as well, if they're still there later (or at a store near work). (I love the Worms games, getting both for just over $20 wouldn't be the end of the world)

Used the coupon with no problem (printed the hi-res scan in color on plain paper), the guy just kind of glanced at it before scanning it. The other CSR asked "we have coupons for this?" and he just kind of grunted. But no problem at all using it.

I was told they gutted all the games before putting them out, nothing sealed was left. :(

Anyone played both versions of Worms 2 have any opinions? (edit: just read the DS doesn't have stylus control-- are there any big reasons to use the DS touchscreen besides the minigames? If it's barely used it seems like the PSP would be better for me, I was assuming it might have slightly better control on the DS, versus a better view on the PSP)

I want to say this because there seems to be confusion:

If there is a "buy 2 get 1 free" sale, which is still undetermined, it will be on used games only. Not new games, which will exclude the games on sale. So if you're waiting on a bigger sale, you're not going to get it unless you're looking for used games, which also won't have any good price drops at the same time. Thank you. Now go buy Worms 2.

[quote name='punkrain']I didn't see anything in my local Gamestop (Sterling, IL) that piqued my interest with regards to the sale. I did however find a nice copy of Pikmin 2 and I picked up a Gamecube (used) for $30 that appears to be in amazing shape.[/quote]

sweet fellow cager in my hometown. I picked up a sealed copy of C&C3

I was all set for HOTD 2&3 but EB decided to gut everything and lost a sale. I realize this is common in some places but last year nothing was gutted for this sale at the same EBstop. I'm not too worried about missing out on HOTD, I'm sure it'll go on clearance at Target before too long.

Katamari sold out in 10 mins at one of the ones I went to. Either that or the employees bought them all up, because there wasn't a single soul there when I went there at 10:10.

I did find it at another location though with ease.

[quote name='Justin42']Used the coupon with no problem (printed the hi-res scan in color on plain paper), the guy just kind of glanced at it before scanning it. The other CSR asked "we have coupons for this?" and he just kind of grunted. But no problem at all using it.[/quote]

If you are able to use a printed copy of the coupon that is great news! I just ripped the page out of my Game Informer but if anyone succeeds in using a printed coupon at their store, please let us know!

just came back from funcoland and got

UMD:
Kung Fu Hustle 4.49
Cowboy Bebop 4.49

PSP:
Monster Hunter 2 17.99
Brave Story: New Traveler: 17.99

Ps2:
Katamari Damacy: 8.99
Odin Sphere: 17.99

Wii:
House of the Dead 2 & 3: 17.99

(prices are with coupon applied)

all sealed except for Odin Sphere, but i got the last copy.
Over all im pretty happy

Thanks for the heads up CAG! They had everything on the list, all gutted. I hope this sale introduces some new people to Odin Sphere, Katamari, and MHF2. Already own them myself; picked up Condemned 2, Dementium, Cowboy Bebop umd. Now to remove all the stickers...

The one I went to at first didn't have any copies of Odin Sphere when I arrived around 2:00 in the afternoon. I asked the manager when more was going to arrive and he told me to wait a minute to see if he had one copy left in one of the unopened boxes. Fortunately for me, the box had one copy left, so I bought it and the PS2 version of the Sega Genesis Collection. I am probably going back again this week to pick up a few more things. Accessory wise, they had a DS starter's kit, a PSP starter's kit, A Wii cooling station, Pelican brand wireless PS2 and PS3 controllers, and some crappy Wiimote attachments.

[quote name='kndy']If you are able to use a printed copy of the coupon that is great news! I just ripped the page out of my Game Informer but if anyone succeeds in using a printed coupon at their store, please let us know![/QUOTE]

I just photocopied the page out of my copy of Game Informer. My local Gamestop took the photocopy, but I'm sure that this is very YMMV. Was the first one in the store this morning and picked up Katamari Damacy.

went to gamestop, had no odins, but had a BUNCH of katamari's. i'm not expecting them to be there when i go back on friday, but i didn't have enough money today to get other than what i wanted, which was c & c 3 and timeshift.

also, the gamestop guy said that they got an email this morning saying that timeshift was supposed to be 29.99 but they decided to mark it down to 19.99. after looking on here, all i could do was roll my eyes.

I was lucky. I live in a "more urban" part of Brooklyn, and no one really cared about or promoted the sale. I picked up Katamari, Hitman Trilogy, Odin Sphere, and Sega Genesis Collection. Also, the employee there told me that while they were supposed to gut everything, they kept most of them wrapped because they didn't want to do the extra work.

They also had a huge stock (10+) of both Katamari and Odin Sphere, which really surprised me.

What I nabbed for myself (all still wrapped too):

:wii: Wii:
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return ($17.99)

:psp: PSP (preemptively purchased as I will be picking up my red psp tomorrow):
Brave Story ($17.99)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX ($8.99)
Monster Hunter 2 Freedom ($17.99)

:ds: NDS:
Dementium: The Ward ($13.49)

What was cool, I had printed out the commercial posted on the this thread (stupid me, forgot to rip it out of my Game Informer before I threw it out). So I was being rung up and I handed him the coupon, but it wasn't able to read it. I reached down and flipped thru one of the game informers they had for sale and presented that, and they accepted it. I had figured they were gonna make me buy the magazine, but they were cool and gave me the discount.

Well I dropped by the Gamestop on 99th and McDowell in Avondale, AZ.

I snatched up:
Brave Story - PSP
Monster Hunter 2 - PSP

I wanted to search through the UMDs and get Condemned 2 but alas, it's not a rich life for me.

But to give a heads up there are no more copies of Brave Story at that location, bought the last one.

Just came back from the GS in Crystal, MN. Store was dead... everything in the list was available, but all gutted. Picked up a PS/2 wireless controller for $9.99. Was going to get Odin Shere and Valhalla Knights, but decided against it. I have enough to keep me busy already...

s701

Stopped at the Maryland Pkwy/Flamingo GS in Las Vegas and grabbed the last copy of HOTD 1&2. The cashier remembered that I had planned on getting that, and remarked that the first game he sold that day was the other copy of it. After I paid some dude walked up and asked if they had any copies of HOTD, so I was very lucky.

everything was gutted at my store too...oh well, i'm buying games to play, not collect, so i didn't mind (plus everything was in mint condition anyway since all they do is open the new games...

got odin, katamari, and worms 2

The GS I went to in NYC (8th st. and Broadway) has at least 6 copies of a lot of the game besides PC stuff. Some games that had less I noticed was Ben10 (PSP) and HOD2&3 (I think the store had like 4 copies of each?)

I dunno how many Katamari and Odin Spheres they have since it wasn't out yet (thus I was able to score sealed copies of both) and the asst. manager told me "if you want sealed copies of any PS2 games, get them now."

The store was empty when it opened (the few customers who were there didn't care for the sale), but I dropped by half-hour ago and it was a madhouse. The problem with the bins is that it takes up a lot of space so moving around the store is quite hard.

[quote name='voig0077']I'm not a big GS fan, I never go there. What does everyone mean by "gutted"?[/quote]

they take the new/sealed games and unwrap them, putting the discs in envelopes behind the counter, but leaving the game cases on the shelves

Gamestop in Vidalia, Ga had Timeshift for 360 for 29.99 not 19.99. Plus they were already gutting the PSP movies as someone tried to steal one within like an hour of the store opening.

I went to the local store this morning and all the games were gutted. I didn't get any since the collector in me tells me not to.

I wonder if the sale games from the online store are factory sealed. If so, I might just order them online.

One observation: Odin Sphere and Ace Combat Zero all have the new game case without the memory card holder. Somehow it gives me the feeling that they have been reprinted recently and probably secretly. Don't think EB/GS have magically recovered some old copies in some forgotten warehouse.

Picked up

:360:
Godfather

:ps2:
Katamari Damacy
Scarface

Not the greatest deals in the world, but I have nothing to play until MGS4 so I figured what the hell. Funny thing is they had Timeshift for the 360 at 19, but Timeshift for the PS3 was 29. Then they had Virtua Tennis for 19 on the PS3, but 29 on the 360. :whistle2:k Doesnt make any sense to me..

[quote name='swetooth9']they take the new/sealed games and unwrap them, putting the discs in envelopes behind the counter, but leaving the game cases on the shelves[/quote]

It's really weird that they would gut the games. Can't they just gut one game for a display copy? I wouldn't care but seems like a strange use of employee time. Especially since most consumers take pleasure in removing the shrink wrap.

[quote name='eau']I went to the local store this morning and all the games were gutted. I didn't get any since the collector in me tells me not to.

I wonder if the sale games from the online store are factory sealed. If so, I might just order them online.

One observation: Odin Sphere and Ace Combat Zero all have the new game case without the memory card holder. Somehow it gives me the feeling that they have been reprinted recently and probably secretly. Don't think EB/GS have magically recovered some old copies in some forgotten warehouse.[/quote]

For Odin Sphere, Atlus has been reprinting some games. I know for a fact they reprinted SMT Nocturne (which has the new case) and Digital Devil Saga 1, and it wouldn't be unlikely they reprinted Odin Sphere. They might have done it with Odin Sphere. Don't know about Ace Combat.

Just got Burnout Revenge for 20 bucks Im happy, Except for when I opened the case It has those damn security stickers. I peeled it off and it still has some glue residue on it. Rubbing alchohol wont take it off, might try some lighter fluid.

well, my store didn't have any worms or uno for ds. The 2 stores i visited had different prices for a few games as well. I ended up only picking up Hitman Trilogy for PS2 and Dementium for the DS. I was planning on buying more, but i wasn't paying $10 for a non sealed katamari damacy.

total for hitman and dementium was $33.37 after tax.

Still doing some Worms DS vs PSP digging. Hope no one minds I'm posting here but it seems like a few of us are not sure the "best" version to buy. (are people just getting the DS version because it's cheaper? Not trying to start a system war, I have both but definitely just want to get the best version if I'm bothering...)

Pocketgamer.co.uk seems to think the PSP version is slightly better due to the widescreen.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DS/Worms:+Open+Warfare+2/review.asp?c=4121
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/Worms:+Open+Warfare+2/review.asp?c=4113

(Gamespot reviews basically say the same things, the minigames are interesting but the PSP screen makes it a better version)

There is free DLC for the PSP version, which I didn't know about...
http://psp.ign.com/articles/828/828920p1.html

Most every other thing I read has the two of them almost identical, and/or doesn't review the differences besides saying they're both great games. (independently reviewed)

[quote name='bobbarker24']Just got Burnout Revenge for 20 bucks Im happy, Except for when I opened the case It has those damn security stickers. I peeled it off and it still has some glue residue on it. Rubbing alchohol wont take it off, might try some lighter fluid.[/quote]

get some goo gone. It takes of stickers and residue that has been on cases for year, i.e., those old eb games stickers that never used to come off. The only bad thing is goo gone leaves a greazy residue behind, but rubbing alcohol takes that away no problem.

So are there any Gamecube games on sale right now? I've had a hard time finding any lately good ones lately and if I can get good prices at Gamestop, I'd head on over.

[quote name='ghostman123']So are there any Gamecube games on sale right now? I've had a hard time finding any lately good ones lately and if I can get good prices at Gamestop, I'd head on over.[/quote]

No Gamecube games for this sale. Sorry.

I picked up these -- all sealed:

PSP

Atari Classics Evolved
Brave Story
Juiced 2
Hot Wheels Ultimate Racing
Midway Treasures
Monster Hunter 2
Valhalla Knights

PS2:

Ace Combat Zero
Katamari Damacy (I gave mine to an ex-gf :p)
Odin Sphere
Sega Genesis Collection

That haul comes out to about $15.15 per game, which is fine by me (without the coupon, which I did use but I don't have my receipt in front of me to see if it was before or after tax). I got approximately $13.65 per game. I think it's pretty good.

[quote name='Justin42']Still doing some Worms DS vs PSP digging. Hope no one minds I'm posting here but it seems like a few of us are not sure the "best" version to buy. (are people just getting the DS version because it's cheaper? Not trying to start a system war, I have both but definitely just want to get the best version if I'm bothering...)
[/quote]

I have played Worms on DS and PSP. The PSP version is superior because of the widescreen and overall sharper image. I did not get Open Warfare 2 because I'm anticipating a drop to $10 at some point :)

just went back to pick up House of Dead and found Beyond Good and Evil for Xbox for 4.99 used/ no book. been trying to find that game for the longest time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back