Gamestop Gameboy & GBC games 75% off no longer includes DVDs

neokellyzero

CAG Veteran
Deal in title starts tomorrow. Not sure if it's all stores, but but the manager at the one by me said it should stack with edge- he also let me hold about a dozen dvds (ATHF box sets will be like $3 after all discounts) Happy Hunting-

If it goes into effect at my store, looks like I'll be cleaning them out of all their GBC games tomorrow morning.

[quote name='DesertFox']Excellent. Hopefully they eventually do something with xbox games too.[/quote]
Don't expect that till the next decade.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']do you think most GS employees will know about this right away? I know the deal will be automatic, but I just hope the employees dont clean out all the stores[/quote]
I think they would of long ago if there was really anything they wanted.

[quote name='CharGP02A']Do you need a coupon or anything and how do you know if your store qualifies?[/QUOTE]
Ask yourself the following - "Does your store sell DVDs?" If no, stop reading. If yes, purchase DVDs.

[quote name='dyeknom']Does this work with Blu-ray?[/quote]

it should. i hope it does so i can scoop up some movies

[quote name='integralsmatic']i would love to get some old GB/GBC games. I wish i knew which stores still had them lol.[/QUOTE]

Many times Ive bought the games from them I had to ask them, they then pulled out a box of them from behind the counter... they only had so much space in that little display, not enough for the tons of GB and GBC games they had... I myself will really take advantage of this sale if true

[quote name='kube00']Only one I know of sells DVDs in the area..Boxed sets were the OC I believe lol![/quote]

same here lol...of all the damn box sets lol....

[quote name='dyeknom']Does this work with Blu-ray?[/quote]

[quote name='darkpice']it should. i hope it does so i can scoop up some movies[/quote]

This would be awesome if it works on Blu-ray. Most of the GS in my area have the B2G4 but they don't have a good enough selection to actually pick up 6 BR/DVDs.

[quote name='Animal7390']not 85%

75% then 10% from that total = 77.5%[/quote]

The edge card always takes off 10% of the original price. When they had certain titles on clearance for 50% off over the summer, the edge card still took the 10% off the original price, making it a total of 60% off. So this should end up 85% off total.

[quote name='Rave Child']The edge card always takes off 10% of the original price. When they had certain titles on clearance for 50% off over the summer, the edge card still took the 10% off the original price, making it a total of 60% off. So this should end up 85% off total.[/QUOTE]

If it takes the EDGE card discount FIRST you'd be getting 55% off on what you said not 60%.

For a $100 dvd in this deal:
$100-$10 EDGE = $90 after EDGE card
$90 - $90*0.75 = $22.5 final price of a $100 dvd = 77.5% discount like the other guy said.

/\ You guys are trying to complicate this. I believe typically both promotions take the Percentage off from the original selling price, or sale price.

So its 10% off of $100 = $10
Then 75% off of $100 = $75

Total of $85 or 85%.

[quote name='Snake2715']/\ You guys are trying to complicate this. I believe typically both promotions take the Percentage off from the original selling price, or sale price.

So its 10% off of $100 = $10
Then 75% off of $100 = $75

Total of $85 or 85%.[/quote]

Correct. If there is one thing that GS/EB got right, it is Edge. Stacks with everything, and increases the discount by 10%, so the entire discount percentage is applied to the original price.

Snake2715 is right. Any discount is always taken off the original price at GS. The same applies to trade-ins.

BTW, thanks for posting this OP and for the Blu-ray confirmation.

Confirmed - 85% off with Edge Card Wont complain that the buy 2 get 4 free is no longer a go - Made off with some Mad Anime Sets For Nadda ! I love this site :D

[quote name='dyeknom']Oh my... I cant wait to get out of class so I can go pick up that copy of Planet Earth on Blu-Ray for 12.00 (lol)[/quote]Same, but for all the GBC games. The only thing I see that is odd is when looking online for more gamestops to hit, I see 4 of them withen a mile of each other. I know of two of them there, but the other two are going to need some hunting...

I will say, if I happen to run across a Dragon warrior III, Conker's Pocket Tales, or Links Awakening DX... I'll definitely have to pick them up :)

I know a store that should still have DW3, but I don't know if I'll make it there today. Its about 40 minutes away from me, but there are 5 other gamestops in the same area, one of which was he nicest gamestop I have ever seen. (About 2X-3X larger then normal, well let, clean, organized, and very helpful people... must be the result of a merger ;) )

Made out with almost 15 GB/GBC games this morning for $9. Went to another GS and they didn't have the 75% off GB/GBC games promo going on, so I don't think this is completely universal.

[quote name='SL4IN']Made out with almost 15 GB/GBC games this morning for $9. Went to another GS and they didn't have the 75% off GB/GBC games promo going on, so I don't think this is completely universal.[/QUOTE]
Did you get the games totaled out? I've seen some stores with no signage that was still running the 50% (back when that was the latest promo)

[quote name='SL4IN']Made out with almost 15 GB/GBC games this morning for $9. Went to another GS and they didn't have the 75% off GB/GBC games promo going on, so I don't think this is completely universal.[/quote]Did you try ringing something up? And all the way to paying them? They may just no know about it, and the discounts aren't always applyed to the very end. Just buy something that is $1 (Or if you can't, just buy pokemon red or blue for $3), and see what happens.

And what games did you get.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Did you get the games totaled out? I've seen some stores with no signage that was still running the 50% (back when that was the latest promo)[/quote]

Yeah, I had her ring up a lufia GBC game that was 9.99 and it rang up as 10.80. No go on the promo. It sucked too because they had that, and two copies of Pokemon Silver that would have rung up as $1.60 after promo and EDGE.

[quote name='SL4IN']Yeah, I had her ring up a lufia GBC game that was 9.99 and it rang up as 10.80. No go on the promo.[/QUOTE]
They weren't even running 50% off? :cold:

Hmmm... Unlikely, but did you check the price sticker and make sure the game was labaled correctly? The game could of been marked as the GBA lufia game, which is also $9.99. I have seen it happened before (Though it worked in my favor. LoZ:OoS was labled as LoZ:LA)

bread's done
Back