Gamestop Gameboy & GBC games 75% off no longer includes DVDs

neokellyzero

CAG Veteran
Deal in title starts tomorrow. Not sure if it's all stores, but but the manager at the one by me said it should stack with edge- he also let me hold about a dozen dvds (ATHF box sets will be like $3 after all discounts) Happy Hunting-

[quote name='Drkirby']Did you try ringing something up? And all the way to paying them? They may just no know about it, and the discounts aren't always applyed to the very end. Just buy something that is $1 (Or if you can't, just buy pokemon red or blue for $3), and see what happens.

And what games did you get.[/quote]

Nothing super great, most of them are going to where I work for store credit since we still sell GB/GBC games like crazy.

Gameboy
Mercenary Police
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Alleyway
Batman Revenge of the Joker
Radar Mission
Double Dragon
Introducing the Humans
Vegas Stakes

Gameboy Color
Rampart
Heroes of Might & Magic
T.J. Lavin's Ultimate BMX
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Test Drive Off-Road 3
Polaris SnoCross

Like I said, nothing great, I'll most likely just keep Batman and Double Dragon. The manager couldn't have been happier to see the GB/GBC stock finally leave :lol:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']They weren't even running 50% off? :cold:[/quote]

Yeah, I know.

[quote name='Drkirby']Hmmm... Unlikely, but did you check the price sticker and make sure the game was labaled correctly? The game could of been marked as the GBA lufia game, which is also $9.99. I have seen it happened before (Though it worked in my favor. LoZ:OoS was labled as LoZ:LA)[/quote]

I thought about that as I was leaving. I might go back and check tomorrow since I don't feel like driving back out there right now.

I can't remember if the GS here at my college sells DVDs or not -- and I don't have a GBC so no point on picking any of those up...

Wow, I'm so glad I happened to take today off. That, and the fact that my local store is the only one around that sells DVDs. I made out with:

GB/GBC:

Kirby's Pinball Land - $.75
Final Fantasy Legend - $.75
Final Fantasy Adventure - $.90
Final Fantasy Legend II - $1.50
Pokemon Red - $.45
Pokemon Blue - $.45

DVD:

CNBC Original Documentaries - $.75
The Ultimate Matrix Collection - $5.25
Seinfeld Season 1 - $1.95
Lost Season 1 - $4.50
House of Flying Daggers - $1.20
Fargo - $1.20
A Few Good Men - $.90
Family Guy Volume 2 - $3.75
Die Hard 2 Special Edition - $.90

Since I paid with credit, there was no tax. This made for a grand total of $25.20! This is absolutely epic. And I thought I was getting a good deal with $3 DVDs there a month ago, or with the Futurama sets for under $10 during the summer! I'll have to check what other stores sell DVDs or have Gameboy games I'm interested in, but chances are this will be my only score for a while.

[quote name='Jesse757x']So does this automatically ring up or did they have to scan something? and were there any signs when you went? Thanks.[/quote]

My store had signs for it, but the discount isn't applied until the very end of the transaction, when they hit the total button. It'll show all the original prices at first, then apply the discount. So it will look like there might not be a discount at first, but it should show up in the end.

[quote name='Rave Child']My store had signs for it, but the discount isn't applied until the very end of the transaction, when they hit the total button. It'll show all the original prices at first, then apply the discount. So it will look like there might not be a discount at first, but it should show up in the end.[/quote]

If that's how it works, I suppose I'm going to hit up the GS again later today that I passed over.

yes, the total is the original up until the total button is pressed then it drops like crazy. just made 2 gs store drop their mouths, no problems though. in the second one they had just taken a trade of like 15 blus since saturday which was good because their were some good movies in their.

also, the second one had a few managers there cleaning out the back room and brought out a halo helmet and said the next person who purchases anything 360 gets this. i was in the middle of my movie transaction and asked if they had the disc. they checked and did so i took it since i hadnt picked one up yet and got the helmet for FREE.

awesome deal even without the b2g4 deal it still ends up being 10-20 ish cheaper than last week.

they dont have to sell dvds to carry blus. call and ask if they have any blus first.

all said and done here is a basic list of what movies are marked and final price, this is all i have until i buy something more or less expensive..

$19.99 -> $3.00
$17.99 -> $2.70
$14.99 -> $2.25
$12.99 -> $1.95

I just grabbed some $220 worth of stuff for $33

Sopranos Season 4 = 4.50
Sopranos Season 6 = 5.25
Pee Wees Playhouse Season 2 = 1.95
Friends Best of Season 4 = 0.90
From the Earth to the Moon miniseries = 4.50
Jackie Chans First Strike = 0.90
Rick = 0.90
Short Circuit = 0.90
Eyes Wide Shut = 0.90
M. Nights the Village = 0.90
Walk Hard - bluray = 2.70
Spiderman 3 - bluray = 1.50
Crank - bluray = 3.00
Kung Fu Hustle - bluray = 2.70

total = 33.63

WOW, thanks CAG!!!

Our store didn't have much for selection (or any DVDs at all), but I still ended up getting:

Navy Seals
Cubix: Robots for Everyone
Dr. Franken
Double Dragon
Action Man (most original video game title EVER)
Robocop 2
Zen: Intergalactic Ninja
Alleyway

All for a little over $9. Thanks, OP!

FYE requires complete games for trade INS most of the time... Any DVDs would have to be flawless... They are very picky

Sounds like a great deal, no better time than now to expand on my GB collection. What are some rare, HTF GB/GBC games I should keep an eye out for?

tincredible hulk
vantage point
planet earth
underdog
prison break season 1
i am legend
all on blu ray for about 24 in credit. Awesome deal OP.
only saw powerpuff girls gbc tho.

[quote name='Camwi']Our store didn't have much for selection (or any DVDs at all), but I still ended up getting:

Navy Seals
Cubix: Robots for Everyone
Dr. Franken
Double Dragon
Action Man (most original video game title EVER)
Robocop 2
Zen: Intergalactic Ninja
Alleyway

All for a little over $9. Thanks, OP![/quote]

NAVY SEALS!!! Charlie Sheen in his best role ever!!

I think my local store still have DVDs. I didn't see it mentioned, but is this an all week, Monday-Sunday sale? Thursday is my first day off, so for obvious reasons I can't go then, and Black Friday is sure to be a madhouse, so I'd like to try to get in on Saturday.

My local GS shipped their stuff to Moviestop last week. Lame.
But, I did buy 142 Gameboy games (a lot of garbage games, but I got them for .45 each so I didn't mind) Left a lot of good stuff I already had like Zelda: Oracle of Ages and some Pokemons.

[quote name='Animal7390']
also, the second one had a few managers there cleaning out the back room and brought out a halo helmet and said the next person who purchases anything 360 gets this. i was in the middle of my movie transaction and asked if they had the disc. they checked and did so i took it since i hadnt picked one up yet and got the helmet for FREE.
[/quote]
Eww bathroom helmet!

I'm jealous. I want the legendary helmet. I just like how they look and my fucking gamestop decided to not have any helmets when they were liquidating them. Shame...

[quote name='Animal7390']i hate to be a stickler but this should be 2 separate threads one for GBC/GB games and one for dvds[/QUOTE]

I think it's fine the way it is.

[quote name='mer71']NAVY SEALS!!! Charlie Sheen in his best role ever!![/QUOTE]

Seriously? Is that game based on a movie? I was wondering what the hell it was. :p

I have 3 GS's near me , and only 1 of them carries dvds , and it's always a crappy selection , and none of them have a good selection for GB/GBC games.:cry:

We should hve a trade thread for requests to help each other out on this one. I guess judt use the dvd thread for people looking for movies.

Just made it to another store 50 miles away for:
Alien Quadrilogy 7.50
In Living Color Season 1 - 3.00
Harts War - bluray 2.70
Shaolin Soccer 1.50
Borat 1.50
Roger and Me 0.90

total w/tax 18.25 (+ $6 in gas)

My store had roughly 100 GB/GBC games! Most were lame games and duplicates (think Bugs Bunny, Tony Hawk, arcade translations and the like), but here's what I got:

Bionic Commando
Game & Watch Gallery
Game & Watch Gallery II
Bomberman Max Blue
Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Saiyans
Conker's Pockets Tales
Kirby's Dream Land II
Lufia: The Legend Returns
TMNT II
TMNT II
Resident Evil Gaiden

Total: $8.35 including tax!

Scored 5 blu rays for $21.00 after tax
tmnt
spider-man 3 (2-disc set)
meet the robinsons
ice age meltdown

thank you

[quote name='BARRITT']Scored 5 blu rays for $21.00 after tax
tmnt
spider-man 3 (2-disc set)
meet the robinsons
ice age meltdown

thank you[/quote]

Congrats! Jealous about Meet the Robinsons...yeah I'm a big kid...

Well today was a very long day, but well worth it. I started off the day waiting for the minutes to wear down until noon, then walked outside to see that my car had been blocked in by a TENT. Yes, they erected a TENT between the hours of 8 and 11 that cut off my parking lot...

30 minutes later I started my trip. Here is my haul

DVDs
The Grudge (3.99 base)
OC Season 2 (19.99 base)
OC Season 3 (24.99 base)
OC Season 4 (24.99 base)
Full Metal Alchemist Disk 1 + 2 (9.99 base each)
Samurai 7 volume 1 (12.99 base)
Last Exile volumes 1 and 2 (9.99 base each)

Gameboy/GBC games
Megaman Xtreme
Megaman Xtreme 2
Turok: Rage Wars
X-men Mutant Wars
Final Fantasy Legend II
Final Fantasy Legend III
Operation C
Contra
Mega Man: Dr. Wiley's Revenge
Warioland II
Bomberman

Bluray
I am Legend
Invincible
Planet Earth
Prison Break Season 1
Incredible Hulk (Target GREEN-ray edition)
Alvin and the Chipmunks (in honor of the A+TC flip)
Underdog
Shoot em Up
The Lookout (sucker for Isla Fischer)
Vantage Point
Patriot
Devil's Own
(one copy of the penny guide for Crisis Core)
(The guy also gave me the cardboard cutouts of Animal Crossing)
(and a PS2 network adapter complete with start up disk)

I have to say, I'm extremely excited by the latest acquisitions. The kicker? I stopped at this HWV on the way and picked up Futurama, Jedi Academy, Kung Fu Panda, Hot Wheels Beat It and three other 1.75+ flips using my copy of Gears of War... making it 3$ cash spent and like 40$ in credit for that haul. I kept Futurama :)

Things I was slightly disappointed in:
One of the gamestops that I had been eyeing Cars on Blu-ray had been sent to another store with the remainder of their DVDs. That Blu-ray was no where to be found.

Not a single copy of Dragon Warrior III or Conker Pocket Tales, but for those of you willing to put up with tools... GS in Broken Arrow had 3x Pokemon Silver/Gold (1.50 after discounts)... I just didnt want to purchase from the clerk because he is a tool.

The Gamestop in Broken Arrow cleared out many of their strat guides, including the Fire Emblem: RD penny guides I had intended on buying my next time out there.

The lady continued to refuse the above 19.99 deal at HWV, making those Lego Indys and Lego Batmans painful to look at (dozens of batmans).

Time to Thanksgiving home and try to squeeze some more good deals out to help my collection :)

Hit up about 6 gamestops today. 1 ended up shipping off their GB/C lot, so I was pissed. I called from then on to confirm before traveling.

From the 5 I got the following:

Pokemon Crystal
Frogger
Harvest Moon GBC
Bust-A-Move Millennium
Pokemon Pinball
Super Mario Land: Six Golden Coins
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong
Mega Man: Wily's revenge
Dragon Warrior I-II

Speed Racer: The Movie (blu)
Kiss of the Dragon (blu)
Fifth Element (blu)

Wish I could have gotten more, but I guess I shouldn't complain lol

Grand total: $23.14

Got Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Tara's Adventure & Cobi's Journy for .75 apeice.

Also, they had an RROD'd Elite 360 they randomly just gave to a guy that asked before I could!!!!! >.<
He even got Lego Indiana Jones and Kung-fu panda!

Damn, I rushed over to my local Gamestop tonight as they had tons of used BRs the other night and found they only had a handful of Spiderman 3s left. The guy said they shipped all the used ones that were there just a few days earlier to a Moviestop Upstate. Sucks!

Thanks OP! I went on a spree today and picked up a few hundred worth of DVDs...I had single purchases dropping from nearly a grand to barely over $100. This is almost as good as the N64/PSX game liquidation!

bread's done
Back