GameStop GameStock Week 2 (7/4-7/10) - Week 3 Peek (7/10 Hot Shots Golf Vita $19.99)

Auburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
320 (100%)
Purchase a NEW Vita system between 7/4-7/10 and receive a $50 gift card.
GameStop flyer states that you also get an 8GB Memory stick with purchase as well as the gift card. This was a mistake but GameStop is honoring this deal. If you were on the fence about the system, now is a great time to pick one up. YMMV (Some cases of stores not honoring this even though there was a memo that said otherwise. Try to grab a flyer in store and show it to the associate.)

Daily Deals:

Wednesday 7/4 ONLY:
MLB 12 Vita $19.99

Thursday 7/5 ONLY:

Unit 13 Vita $19.99

Friday 7/6 ONLY:

Reality Fighters Vita $14.99
Little Deviants Vita $14.99

Saturday 7/7 ONLY:
Mortal Kombat Vita $9.99

Sunday 7/8 ONLY:

Wipeout 2048 Vita $19.99

Monday 7/9 ONLY:

Modnation Racers Vita $9.99

Tuesday 7/10 ONLY:
Hot Shots Golf Vita $19.99

Other Notable New Deals:

Battlefield 3 PS3/360 $39.99 7/4 - 7/10
Dirt Showdown PS3/360 $49.99 7/4 - 7/10
Dragon's Dogma PS3/360 $49.99 7/4 - 7/10
FIFA Soccer 12 PS3/360 $39.99 7/4 - 7/10
Lollipop Chainsaw PS3/360 $39.99 7/6 - 7/8
Mass Effect 3 PS3/360/PC $29.99 7/4 - 7/10
Mortal Kombat Vita $29.99 7/4 - 7/10 (Daily Deal on 7/7)
Need for Speed: Run PS3/360 $19.99 7/4 - 7/10
Star Wars The Old Republic PC $19.99 7/4 - 7/10
Tiger Woods 13 PS3/360 $39.99 7/4 - 7/10
Tiger Woosd 13 LE PS3/360 $49.99 7/4 - 7/10
Witcher 2 360 $39.99 7/4 - 7/10
Refer here for overlapping deals: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323720

Bold titles are recently added or modified.

If you go to a store and an item is out of stock, ask the associate to print out a coupon code for free saver shipping at GameStop.com. This is a special promotion going on right now to be able to direct someone looking for an OOS item to the website to buy it at the same price as in store.

Week 3 Preview (7/11 - 7/17):

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Solder PS3/360 $39.99 7/11 - 7/17 *This is for the Signature Edition. This may or may not work with a Best Buy price match*

Assassin's Creed: Revelations PS3/360 $19.99 7/13 - 7/14 (PowerUP Only)

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim PS3/360 $39.99 7/11 - 7/17

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3/360 $19.99 7/11 - 7/31

Get an extra 50% in-store credit when you trade your old iPod, iPhone or iPad
Available 07/13/12-07/15/12

Purchase a pre-owned Xbox 360 system w/wireless controller, 2 pre-owned Xbox 360 games priced $19.99 or less, a pre-owned 20GB hard drive and a 1 year PRP - for only $169.95
Available 07/11/12-08/05/12

Purchase any pre-owned PS3 (original model), 2 pre-owned PS3 games priced $19.99 or less, a new HDMI cable and a 1 year PRP – for only $239.95

Purchase any pre-owned PS3 (slim model), 2 pre-owned PS3 games priced $19.99 or less, a new HDMI cable and a 1 year PRP – for only $259.99

Purchase a pre-owned Wii system with Wii remote, 2 pre-owned Wii games priced $14.99 or less, pre-owned Wii Remote (Nintendo), a pre-owned Nunchuk (Nintendo), and a 1 year PRP - for only $117.94

These prices are subject to change as they are using the current price as a base, less the discount.

(Thanks to ChosenOne1 for typing out the bundles)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jgressley']Interesting. At the store I went to today, the clerk read me the e-mail he received regarding the 8GB memory card. He said that they were supposed to honor it for anyone who asked. I'm not sure if the e-mail he referenced was regional or corporate, but I was happy to get the 8GB card for free.[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, it was a corporate e-mail.

GUYS I need some help/advice.

So, I bought the Vita at BB and got a $60GC, but noticed the gamestop deal with the $50GC and 8GB Memory Stick. So, I went into BB today to PM the promo and got the response, "We don't pricematch promos"

The big question is, since I paid with $120 in giftcards, $80 with a credit card, and $60 cash, can I return the Vita to BB and get $250 back on my credit card or cash? OR will they refund the gift cards, credit, and cash.

Please reply, because Im itching to open my Vita finally. :lol:

[quote name='simdog']GUYS I need some help/advice.

So, I bought the Vita at BB and got a $60GC, but noticed the gamestop deal with the $50GC and 8GB Memory Stick. So, I went into BB today to PM the promo and got the response, "We don't pricematch promos"

The big question is, since I paid with $120 in giftcards, $80 with a credit card, and $60 cash, can I return the Vita to BB and get $250 back on my credit card or cash? OR will they refund the gift cards, credit, and cash.

Please reply, because Im itching to open my Vita finally. :lol:[/QUOTE]

They'll refund it to you however you paid. So, $120 in gift cards, $80 credit, and $60 cash.

[quote name='Auburn']They'll refund it to you however you paid. So, $120 in gift cards, $80 credit, and $60 cash.[/QUOTE]

Well, looks like Im returning or opening the vita then. Sucks the main game I want is Uncharted and that takes up my full $60GC. I was hoping to get 2 games for $60 so i can get 1 for free. Gravity Rush and Uncharted seem like must haves then I'd have to decide between MGS, Rayman, or Resistance it looks like. BUT, I still need to buy a memory card, I don't know, seems like a money pit even though I got the system for like $130 out of my own pocket.

[quote name='simdog']Well, looks like Im returning or opening the vita then. Sucks the main game I want is Uncharted and that takes up my full $60GC. I was hoping to get 2 games for $60 so i can get 1 for free. Gravity Rush and Uncharted seem like must haves then I'd have to decide between MGS, Rayman, or Resistance it looks like. BUT, I still need to buy a memory card, I don't know, seems like a money pit even though I got the system for like $130 out of my own pocket.[/QUOTE]

If you're set on Uncharted, get Gravity Rush and Rayman. If you've played Rayman on console, get the MGS Collection. I'd personally go with Gravity Rush, Rayman, and MGS from that list. Uncharted is good, but I don't feel that it's $50 good.

[quote name='Auburn']If you're set on Uncharted, get Gravity Rush and Rayman. If you've played Rayman on console, get the MGS Collection. I'd personally go with Gravity Rush, Rayman, and MGS from that list. Uncharted is good, but I don't feel that it's $50 good.[/QUOTE]

Ya, Uncharted is alot for a 9 hour campaign, Rayman I never played, and MGS 2&3, I loved 4 so I should like them, Gravity Rush seems like a must-haves although I hate japanese type games that look like that but it seems more like a platformer.

Finally joined the Vita family! (got a 3G/wifi with 16gb memory card and MGS HD for $170 off Craigslist :D )

Suppose im a bit late on these sales though :/

I could've done with a copy of MK!

Can anyone recommend me some essential accessories? I'm lacking a case right now. That should probably be my first priority.

[quote name='jcp42877']Finally joined the Vita family! (got a 3G/wifi with 16gb memory card and MGS HD for $170 off Craigslist :D )

Can anyone recommend me some essential accessories? I'm lacking a case right now. That should probably be my first priority.[/QUOTE]

Screen protector.

I bought this case, only problem with it was it smelled like smoke, and took a good week of it sitting in some dryer sheets to get rid of the smell.

[quote name='jcp42877']Finally joined the Vita family! (got a 3G/wifi with 16gb memory card and MGS HD for $170 off Craigslist :D )

Can anyone recommend me some essential accessories? I'm lacking a case right now. That should probably be my first priority.[/QUOTE]

well crud. just paid 400 for 3g vita, 16 gb memory stick and 50$ psn card. also got a case with screen protector and game case holder and the 1 year warranty also. but still... great find man.

I personally imported a Hori case from Play-Asia, however that might take a while to arrive. Otherwise, anything Sony is fine. Just get whatever case meets your needs. The travel case is great if you're going to be transporting the system a lot and want to be able to hold the charger.

Here's the Hori case if you're interested: http://www.play-asia.com/Hard_Pouch_for_PlayStation_Vita_Black/paOS-13-71-1ao-49-en-70-4h5q.html

As for Mortal Kombat, it's still $19.99 at GS which is a great deal.

I would definitely recommend getting an LCD Screen Protector (this is the one I ordered) because it has the thickest protection made for the screen and is the best for it, JMO. I'll definitely be ordering it for any other devices I get in the future.

As for a case, right now I only have a silicone case that's a perfect fit on the vita. I'm still looking for the best case to store it in though.

target has a really nice semi hard case that holds about 16 games...19.99

also.. i dont have a screen protector :X... but its been fine

[quote name='jooksingjie']Week 3 deals are up on the gamestock site.[/QUOTE]

I might be in for Future Soldier (PM'd since I got it day one at best buy).

What's the signature edition it speaks of?

EDIT: Oh, nix that. It's the one with extra maps and other stuff.

I'm annoyed I just checked this thread for the first time all night. I would have loved to pick up ModNation Vita for $10. Oh well, I'll get Hot Shots Golf tomorrow for $20. I've been meaning to pick it up anyway and I think that's a good price.

Hot Shots Golf for $20 is an awesome deal. If you even remotely enjoyed the Mario Golf games (and you don't mind that there isn't an RPG single-player mode in HSG like in the GBA game), you'll love this. I haven't enjoyed a golf game this much in a loooong time. :D

[quote name='gamerguy73']Paid 30 bucks for Modnation when it was first released. Is it worth picking up a $10 copy to sell/trade?[/QUOTE]

I would say no.

[quote name='jooksingjie']Week 3 deals are up on the gamestock site.[/QUOTE]

Week 3 looks pretty week so far. Hopefully they add more.

I figured I'd grab this for $10, pretty good deal. Funny story about my trip.

(Before I start, in the interest of full disclosure, I was a Gamestop employee up until about a month ago.)

So last weekend, I stop into my local store...not the one I worked at...and I'm the only one there, other than the two employees. One of them I know to be a real DB, and I overhear him telling the other "Whenever someone buys something, I just tell them that the system says their subscription is up in a couple weeks, because no one remembers when they bought it, so they just renew."

Real sneaky there, bud. I ended up getting the other guy during checkout, who didn't try anything with me.

Flashforward to today, I bring the game up to the counter and DB is there to ring me up. Sure enough, he tells me I'm due to renew in two weeks and I can just do it today! Fun fact about how one of the last things I did as an employee was renew my sub for a pal I worked with. So I know for a fact that he was being sneaky, for two reasons now.

I told him I wasn't going to renew...but oh, I just remembered I put somenmoney down on two games I never picked up and want to apply that $10 to my game. I got everything in the book thrown at me.

"Well this game isn't actually $29.99 you know, its on sale. So it'd be real cheap even without getting that $10 back right now."
I know its on sale, that's why I'm getting it. And it'll be even cheaper now!

"Oh but the game is only $9.99, and we cant give you back just a penny."
But there's going to be about 61 cents in tax.

"Well if we cancel a reserve, the system is going to make us put it under something else."
That's not true, I was toldni could get that money back anytime.

"I guess I can try it, but if you want reserve _________ you get this free stuff!"
Not interested.

"Well it looks like if worked so you only owe 62 cents."

As he's handing me the receipt, he tries to tell me about how cancelling reserves hurts their numbers, blah blah blah. I will be doing the transaction survey, and almost have a desire to get in touch with the DM. Sneaky bastard.

[quote name='captaintek3304']::Story above::[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate guys like that. I don't let any of that stuff slide in my store. Thankfully my DM is big on integrity too. Great job on getting Modnation for 62 cents out of pocket today!

[quote name='InfinitiPJ']And yet there's still no sale for Lumines Electronic Symphony yet. It's still $35 $40 everywhere.[/QUOTE]

So far your only hope to getting it cheaper is with a B2G1 sale or some sort of Buy one get __% off sale. If you're into puzzle games, it's totally worth it. You can waste hours and hours into this game and not even realize it.

I'd check Target's clearance section before buying it from Gamestop. My local target had about 15 copies on clearance for $14.98 last week, dropped it this week/today to $11.98 with about 10 copies remaining.

I went ahead and snagged a copy just in case they don't have any left come next week when the price drops again. Hoping to score another copy for $8 or less next week. :)

Proof in the pic. ;)

2012-07-10020814-Copy.jpg

[quote name='JN25WIL']I'd check Target's clearance section before buying it from Gamestop. My local target had about 15 copies on clearance for $14.98 last week, dropped it this week/today to $11.98 with about 10 copies remaining.

I went ahead and snagged a copy just in case they don't have any left come next week when the price drops again. Hoping to score another copy for $8 or less next week. :)

Proof in the pic. ;)
*PIC*[/QUOTE]

Excellent deal on the game! However, it's hard to bank on Target having specific items on clearance. It's very YMMV. The game is worth it at $19.99 even. Anything cheaper is just money to put towards the next game.

I have this game and really enjpy it. Nice deal! I am sure this is a major YMMV situation though.

[quote name='JN25WIL']I'd check Target's clearance section before buying it from Gamestop. My local target had about 15 copies on clearance for $14.98 last week, dropped it this week/today to $11.98 with about 10 copies remaining.

Proof in the pic. ;)

2012-07-10020814-Copy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My Target had it for $19.99 on Friday so I picked it up then. Glad I could catch the $9.99 MK deal though.

Why is it some Targets will have super low clearance prices while others are insanely high? For example, one Target in my town charged $22 or a DSi accessory kit while another one in my town charged only $8 for the same kit.

A Week 3 special:

Get an extra 50% in-store credit when you trade your old iPod, iPhone or iPad
Available 07/13/12-07/15/12

New Deals as well:

Purchase a pre-owned Xbox 360 system w/wireless controller, 2 pre-owned Xbox 360 games priced $19.99 or less, a pre-owned 20GB hard drive and a 1 year PRP - for only $169.95

Purchase any pre-owned PS3 (original model), 2 pre-owned PS3 games priced $19.99 or less, a new HDMI cable and a 1 year PRP – for only $239.95

Purchase any pre-owned PS3 (slim model), 2 pre-owned PS3 games priced $19.99 or less, a new HDMI cable and a 1 year PRP – for only $259.99

Purchase a pre-owned Wii system with Wii remote, 2 pre-owned Wii games priced $14.99 or less, pre-owned Wii Remote (Nintendo), a pre-owned Nunchuk (Nintendo), and a 1 year PRP - for only $117.94

If I were to trade in my Ipod, on top of the upcoming 50% trade in bonus, will I get an extra 10% for being a powerup rewards member?

[quote name='Xer07']If I were to trade in my Ipod, on top of the upcoming 50% trade in bonus, will I get an extra 10% for being a powerup rewards member?[/QUOTE]

I believe so.

[quote name='Xer07']If I were to trade in my Ipod, on top of the upcoming 50% trade in bonus, will I get an extra 10% for being a powerup rewards member?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bob330i']I believe so.[/QUOTE]

No u don't since its not a game or an accessory

[quote name='mrbutler14']Is there any daily deals this week? That is where the great deals have been happening.[/QUOTE]

There are no daily deals. This week is pretty lackluster unless you wanted a copy of Ghost Recon or you had an iDevice laying around you wanted to trade in.

Any opinions of Ghost Recon Future Soldier? I really enjoyed both GRAW games, but the multiplayer beta was a letdown and I feel like this game will be even cheaper before the end of summer.

Yes, it will work with the ipod touch. Any ipod, iphone, or ipad is included. I don't think you need any cables with it. That said, the TIV's dropped like a stone. My 1g Touch is now only worth $63 when it was $90 yesterday. I still come out ahead, but only by $4.50. That's not even taking the scratches it has into account.

week 3 sucks

was still hoping for a 199 ps3 but will never happen... sure WEEK 4 and final week will be lame and a restock of week 1 to 3

lol what a rip.... your only getting like 1 used game free if that

[quote name='slidecage']week 3 sucks

was still hoping for a 199 ps3 but will never happen... sure WEEK 4 and final week will be lame and a restock of week 1 to 3[/QUOTE]To be honest I'm kinda hoping the reason there's been no pre-order avail. for the ACIII Exclusive PS3 bundle w/PS3 exclusive DLC is b/c the newer slim PS3 will be in-stores at that point along with a cheaper $200 price tag. grabbing that with a $100 giftcard will be epic & maybe I could even sell the DLC for $10 -$15. No point in keeping it since there will be a GOTY/complete ACIII version anyways the game is gonna sell 8 mil +.

Not sure if it was mentioned at all since the buzz was all about $10 MK but did people get in on the $20 shinobido 2 revenge of zen? I just looked at my receipt & remembered it was stickered $20 in-store. Too bad I missed the free 8 GB memory card since I would've talked my local BB into marking the 32 GB down to $50 instead of giving me the 8GB one for free.

gamestop is a SCAM

they refuse to ship out my orders they say the pin does not line up and refuse to credit the account

they are saying that my gift card is FAKE

They put the card into the system says 385.24 then when they enter pin it says INVALID CARD DO NOT ACCEPT

So they have all of my items and i have nothin in return.... fuck GAMESTOP

[quote name='slidecage']gamestop is a SCAM

they refuse to ship out my orders they say the pin does not line up and refuse to credit the account

they are saying that my gift card is FAKE

They put the card into the system says 385.24 then when they enter pin it says INVALID CARD DO NOT ACCEPT

So they have all of my items and i have nothin in return.... fuck GAMESTOP[/QUOTE]Just contact Customer Service. I've had problems before and they seem to fix it pretty quickly. Maybe you inputted the card incorrectly or something.

[quote name='ChosenOne1']Just contact Customer Service. I've had problems before and they seem to fix it pretty quickly. Maybe you inputted the card incorrectly or something.[/QUOTE]

nope did that CS was a bunch of asses. they go o we have to look into it please hold..
come back 5 mins later and go please hold

o the card works

o the card works but the pin does not

o the card number is bad but the pin works

it seems there is a glitch in the program that the card one time says its good and one time says its VOID and we cant do anything here

please wait another 5 to 10 mins

then go O we have to forward an email to another department please allow up to 30 days before hearing back from them cause there is nothing we can do on our end (what is total bs and just trying to pass the blame)

o and LOVE THIS

another order i made they go to make up for the hassle they would make that FREE OVERNIGHT but it still says 3.49 shipping

[quote name='slidecage']nope did that CS was a bunch of asses. they go o we have to look into it please hold..

o the card works

o the card works but the pin does not

o the card number is bad but the pin works

it seems there is a glitch in the program that the card one time says its good and one time says its VOID and we cant do anything here

please wait another 5 to 10 mins

then go O we have to forward an email to another department please allow up to 30 days before hearing back from them cause there is nothing we can do on our end (what is total bs and just trying to pass the blame)

o and LOVE THIS

another order i made they go to make up for the hassle they would make that FREE OVERNIGHT but it still says 3.49 shipping[/QUOTE]

i swear Slidecage, it seems like the worst things happen to you.

bread's done
Back