Gamestop "Give a Little, Get a Little" - Fathers Day Sale [Glitch is DEAD]

poker360

Banned
620x150_fdsale2.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=873&loc=homeflash1

The new "DEAL" (as said above) : Buy ANY new game and get 50% off on a game from the list.

******GLITCH IS NOW DEAD. THE ONLY WAY TO GET 50% OFF IS IF YOU BUY ONE OVER 39.99 AND THE SECOND ONE WILL BE 50% OFF.******

Gamestop is having the sale as shown above. It is currently GLITCHED where you can order one game $39.99 or more and automatically get 50% off! I ordered split second for $29.99 + tax. It says 3 free day shipping, but it didn't apply to my final order, so i used SAVER for free shipping. This is for the NEW version only.

Apparently you can add any game from the list (i think) and lets say for NSMB Wii... put in a small filler, and get the game for 50% off as well.

Games that you can get 50% off of without having to buy 2: (Price listed AFTER 50% discount)

:ps3: LBP Goty + $10.99 game - $25.98 --- ADD LBP GOTY to cart and any game priced $10.99 and it will be $25.98
:wii:NSMB Wii + $5.99 game - $23.48 --- ADD NSMB Wii to CART and any game priced $5.99. Total should come out to $23.48!!
:ps3:Madden NFL 10 - $29.99
:360:NFS: Shift - $19.99
:360::ps3:Split Second - $29.99
:ps3:MX Vs. ATV: Reflex - $19.99
:wii:You Shape w/ camera - $19.99
:wii:Sonic & Sega All Stars - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know generally how long it takes for the codes to be emailed out?

And suggestions for a $5.99 filler?

This one worked for me, too. Got NSMBW and filler (Soul Bubbles) for 26.38 shipped.

The wording on this offer on their website (edit: at least on the checkout page) didn't make it sound like this was a glitch, though: "Fathers Day 50% - 50% select titles with purchases of $39.99 or more."

[quote name='evanwink']This one worked for me, too. Got NSMBW and filler (Soul Bubbles) for 26.38 shipped.

The wording on this offer on their website didn't make it sound like this was a glitch, though: "Fathers Day 50% - 50% select titles with purchases of $39.99 or more."[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think it's legit, but it would still be odd to sell NSMB Wii for half instead of the other games. The reason I think it's a glitch is because it gives you 50% a different game at a certain price. I put a $30 game in with NSMBWii and it was on 50% instead. I don't exactly understand how they could mess this up. I think they would've taken it down by now if it wasn't, but I don't exploit glitches on a regular basis like some of you CAGs :p.

Edit: The other $30 game was LBP, so it makes sense that it had the 50% taken off.

[quote name='poker360']LOL.

they changed the wording on the thing... ORIGINAL AD:

620x150_fdsale.jpg

NEW AD:
620x150_fdsale2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Wait, so that means it's legit? I feel guilty buying it if it's a glitch.

yes, it is legit. they changed the wording on the ad. in the original ad thing, it said that you buy one game $39.99 and get another select game for 50% off. that is no longer the case.

[quote name='poker360']yes, it is legit. they changed the wording on the ad. in the original ad thing, it said that you buy one game $39.99 and get another select game for 50% off. that is no longer the case.[/QUOTE]
Well, it says game, not games.

[quote name='icarusmight']Damn, really considering Split Second at that price. Bah! I cant choose![/QUOTE]

Same XD. Must have been sitting here for a good half an hour trying different game/accessory combinations in my cart.

Also, since it was intentional, do you guys think the TIV of NSMBWii will drop before the 13th?

It's worded so differently in various spots on the site that it is hard to tell whether it's a glitch or just really bad communication on their part. The main page implies that you have to buy a game at $39.99 or more in order to get 50% off one of the selected games, and yet when the discount is added to your order, it is worded that if your total order exceeded $39.99, that you would get the discount.

Regardless, I'm in for a 2nd copy of NSMB Wii for the kids I work with, and $0.99 for a 1600 pt card for me! Clearly no purchase of any game over $39.99. No objections here.

"Give a little, Glitch a litte"...I love it! In for another NSMB Wii....why not? Hoping this will include the $10 code, as well.

Fantastic, I didn't reload my page between typing in my reply and submitting it, so I'm way behind on the new updates! It still is "glitched" though, as my order went through without any $39.99 game in it. However, one difference I noticed was that I did not have the free shipping with my game, but the SAVER code took care of that. I don't care how quick I get it all.

[quote name='Bargain Hunter Bob']It's worded so differently in various spots on the site that it is hard to tell whether it's a glitch or just really bad communication on their part. The main page implies that you have to buy a game at $39.99 or more in order to get 50% off one of the selected games, and yet when the discount is added to your order, it is worded that if your total order exceeded $39.99, that you would get the discount.

Regardless, I'm in for a 2nd copy of NSMB Wii for the kids I work with, and $0.99 for a 1600 pt card for me! Clearly no purchase of any game over $39.99. No objections here.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Do you still get the $10 Gift Card with this deal?

[quote name='dallascowboys']Sorry guys, but this really isn't that great of a deal.[/QUOTE]
I usually think most deals on this forum aren't very good, but this one is the best I've seen for games like NSMB Wii, LBP:GOTY, and Split Second.
[quote name='DJ_Tet']Thanks, was able to pick up NSMB and Metal Gear Solid 3 for $26 inc tax. Worked out great for me.[/QUOTE]
Was that with a $10 GC?

[quote name='dallascowboys']Sorry guys, but this really isn't that great of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Split / Second for $30 is a great deal IMO

so is NSMB Wii + Filler for $25 + $10 credit :)

and so are several others.!

and the cowboys suck... haters gonna hate right?

As the deal is described on their ad, I wouldn't have done it, personally. Not interested in any $40+ games as it is right now. I'm already backlogged through the end of the year at least because of CAG lol.

But with this deal, I can look at it two ways. I was buying a 1600 pt card soon anyways, so I either got NSMB new for $17.49, or I paid the full price on NSMB but $0.99 for the pt card. Either way, I was able to convince my cheap ass to go ahead with the deal.

Question, if I buy two games each comes with $10 coupon codes, will I be able to combine those two for $20 off on my next purchase?

[quote name='Crusher09']I usually think most deals on this forum aren't very good, but this one is the best I've seen for games like NSMB Wii, LBP:GOTY, and Split Second.

Was that with a $10 GC?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, was there something else I could enter besides the free shipping code?

[quote name='maxgle']Question, if I buy two games each comes with $10 coupon codes, will I be able to combine those two for $20 off on my next purchase?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

[quote name='Bargain Hunter Bob']Regardless, I'm in for a 2nd copy of NSMB Wii for the kids I work with, and $0.99 for a 1600 pt card for me! Clearly no purchase of any game over $39.99. No objections here.[/QUOTE]

How are you ordering a second copy? It's not letting me, because of the "one per household" thing.

[quote name='maxgle']Question, if I buy two games each comes with $10 coupon codes, will I be able to combine those two for $20 off on my next purchase?[/QUOTE]

Nope, $10 codes don't stack.

Almost got it to take one of my $10 off codes along with the glitch/deal...would have been $18 for LBP and Sega Superstar Tennis... but it died at the final checkout...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']How are you ordering a second copy? It's not letting me, because of the "one per household" thing.[/QUOTE]

Different account + different credit card is the only way. Sadly I was getting that error without even ordering the game :bomb:

[quote name='DJ_Tet']I'm not sure, was there something else I could enter besides the free shipping code?[/QUOTE]
I've never bought anything from GS, which is why I was asking. It says you get $10 off your next purchase when you buy NSMBWii, and there's also this deal. Poker360 just pointed out that it comes with $10 GC even with the deal, so I think you should have gotten one.

[quote name='rawrker']Different account + different credit card is the only way. Sadly I was getting that error without even ordering the game :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I made a new account, and I'm using a new card. WTFFFFFFF

[quote name='Crusher09']I've never bought anything from GS, which is why I was asking. It says you get $10 off your next purchase when you buy NSMBWii, and there's also this deal. Poker360 just pointed out that it comes with $10 GC even with the deal, so I think you should have gotten one.[/QUOTE]

It says this below the New SMB Wii description:

Get $10 off a future order when you purchase New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The $10 coupon code will be emailed when the order ships. Online Offer only. Not valid in stores or for in-store pick up customers.

So I assume I will get mailed a code once this ships. I didn't even realize it, great :)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']How are you ordering a second copy? It's not letting me, because of the "one per household" thing.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I wasn't clear. I've owned NSMB Wii since it came out. I'm buying a 2nd copy for the kids. But I only ordered one off their site tonight. Sorry for the confusion!

[quote name='Bargain Hunter Bob']My bad, I wasn't clear. I've owned NSMB Wii since it came out. I'm buying a 2nd copy for the kids. But I only ordered one off their site tonight. Sorry for the confusion![/QUOTE]

Doh! Thanks anyways.

I got
New Super Mario Bros Wii +10gc = 34.99
Rock Revolution (PS3) = 3.99
tEXAS hOLD EM POKER(GBA) = 1.99
$40.97
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
Fathers Day 50% - 50% select titles with purchases of $39.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers. - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- $17.50
clear.gif
clear.gif
EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Rock Revolution
- $0.40
clear.gif
clear.gif
EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Texas Hold em Poker
- $0.20
clear.gif

clear.gif
Sub-Total: $22.87
clear.gif
clear.gif
Handling: $2.99
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
SAVER - Free Value Shipping on your order.
- $2.99
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Estimated Tax: $2.23
clear.gif
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Payment: - $25.00
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Order Total: $0.10
TOTAL =40.97
Fathers Day 50% - 50% select titles with purchases of $39.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers. - New Super Mario Bros. Wii -17.50
EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Rock Revolution -0.40
EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Texas Hold em Poker -0.20
clear.gif

clear.gif

sUBTOTAL =22.87
hANDLING=2.99
SAVER=-2.99
TAX =2.23
nEW tOTAL =25.10

This is a good deal 3 games + a 10gc even though rock evolution is a bad game and i dont have a game boy advance for the other game.

BTW, does band hero instruments are compatible with rock evolution? IF they dont i will flip it to gamestop or amazon.

I just bought NSMBWii and a $10 GiftCard for $27.49 with free shipping. It came out to be $29.00 after taxes. Not bad thanks OP!

[quote name='Gertle627']You can still get $40 for it? I thought that was over when the guaranteed $25 started. But anyway, you also get a $10 code to use online.[/QUOTE]

The base value is still $25 so the +50% works, most of the other games have base values below $25 so you either get $25 or base + 50%, whichever is better.

Got NSMB Wii, Prey, and Sega Superstars Tennis all for $25 Shipped. So along with my earlier order of Split/Second for $21 shipped that's a pretty nice haul from Gamestop today. :D

I also just got a Wii so I ended up getting NSMB and a 1600pt card... My girl likes Peggle so I'm gonna end up getting that for her and I need the new COD maps.

I was able to stack a $10 coupon and SAVER on Split Second PS3, thus making it $19.99 shipped :D

The $10 coupon I used was from last year's Game Day sale when they canceled glitched orders and sent out STFU coupons. The newer coupons won't stack.

bread's done
Back