GameStop: Half Off Used Sports Games 8/1-8/2only

Does anyone see tomorrows feature deal?

"GET AN EXTRA 50% IN-STORE CREDIT, WHEN YOU TRADE YOUR OLD GAMES"
In fine print: "Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product."

That's crap.

Picked up MLB The Show for Vita for $11.94 & Virtual Tennis World Tour also for Vita for $16.56, Thanks again CAG & OP. I'm a happy camper, especially with the tennis. I think its sorta rare, atleast for me its been a pain to get at a decent price, much harder to find a store in stock.

[quote name='mossfan563']It doesn't need an online pass and the servers are still up if you still wanna play online. The servers are definitely not that active.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SonicXtreme']fight night round 4 does not need an online pass and the servers are def still up

still not sure which i want to keep, nba 2k11 or 2k12. they both play pretty similar. IE it's impossible to play man on man defense and stay in front of your guy, the dribble moves are insanely over complicated, you cannot make passes on the interior without getting intercepted, etc. not sure which one would be better to just have for pick up and play games with friends who won't learn the 6 different ways to pass and so on. 2k11's roster share is down permanently so for that reason i'm kinda leaning 2k12.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrclutch']I would assume since it is EA FN Round 4 needs a pass. You may want to look on EAs site because with it being that old the server may not even still be up. IF it is I would bet its not very active.
Suprised more guys aren't gettin NCAA Basketball 10 with the sale. That games sells for 40 or more on Ebay once March hits.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys

[quote name='ae86takumi']Has anyone thought of flipping and stack? Buy 2 ncaa = $44 . Flip at another game stop = $60 . Buy another 2 with the same credit = $16 left. flip again = $76, buy 3 copies and so on. :) a $100 investment can make a 230 by 2nd flip :)

Remember when you pay with credit, you don't pay taxes[/QUOTE]

Not in all states; there's a list in the OP.

[quote name='ae86takumi']Has anyone thought of flipping and stack? Buy 2 ncaa = $44 . Flip at another game stop = $60 . Buy another 2 with the same credit = $16 left. flip again = $76, buy 3 copies and so on. :) a $100 investment can make a 230 by 2nd flip :)

Remember when you pay with credit, you don't pay taxes[/QUOTE]

If your area has that many copies, mine only had one. Also im not sure how keen the second store is gonna be letting you sell 2 then buy 3.

Picked up today: :ps3: NBA2K12 & :ps3:NHL09. Cases and manuals complete, discs in mint condition for a total of $15.73 in gs credit w/50% off and PUR bonus. Good Times!

[quote name='chris00cm']Does anyone see tomorrows feature deal?

In fine print: "Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product."

That's crap.[/QUOTE]

Meh. I wouldn't worry too much.

"Games with a trade value less than $3.00 are excluded from this offer." This was the very first sentence in the fine print for the sports games offer.

Not a whole lot worth talking about at my store (and I'm cheap), so I ended up with Top Spin 3 and Legends of Wrestlemania (both for PS3) for $10.59 combined after discount and card. Not mind-blowing, but not terrible.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']fight night round 4 does not need an online pass and the servers are def still up

still not sure which i want to keep, nba 2k11 or 2k12. they both play pretty similar. IE it's impossible to play man on man defense and stay in front of your guy, the dribble moves are insanely over complicated, you cannot make passes on the interior without getting intercepted, etc. not sure which one would be better to just have for pick up and play games with friends who won't learn the 6 different ways to pass and so on. 2k11's roster share is down permanently so for that reason i'm kinda leaning 2k12.[/QUOTE]

Defense takes time, worry about angles and cutting the player off. Dribbling makes sense with time and practice. And it's easier to make interior passes with direct passing and using ball fakes, which I doubt you're using.

Got NCAA 13 for $20 :). Flipped that to BB for $43. Went and bought MW3 for $20. Afterewards I went to another GS and got my MK Komplete and Mario Super SLuggers for $8. All in all a great day since I didnt spend a penny.

[quote name='mabuhay13']Meh. I wouldn't worry too much.

"Games with a trade value less than $3.00 are excluded from this offer." This was the very first sentence in the fine print for the sports games offer.[/QUOTE]

I hope your right. I want to get some good value out of my NBA 2K12 game, and I don't feel like buying any more games.

Bestbuy has a really low value on that game for whatever reason.

[quote name='backseatdog']So is the 50% discount automatic in-store on all sports game except for racing games?[/QUOTE]

Seems to be automatic now. Seemed to be less data entry today vs. yesterday. Bought NCAA FB 13 360 (PO) and MK Vita (new) yesterday. Bought NCAA FB 13 and NHL 12 PS3 today.

Went to the other Gamestop and naturally the two games I wanted were generic cased (Mario Kart 7 & WWE All Stars). Ended up getting EA Sports MMA then while checking out I saw something sitting behind the counter...a used copy of NCAA '13.

I said fuck it and went ahead and got the copy. I lucked out there seeing how it was like 45 minutes to closing.

got my 2nd ncaa 13 today no prob case has 50% sticker on it big yellow sticker

traded in my other one for 44 at bestbuy the one i got today is the keeper

i have not came out of pocket with real cash in over 2 years and have had all the new games and got a vita and 3ds and sony 3d tv bundle .....my wife is happy ..cheapass for life

i ended up picking up fight night champion for 13.99 or so. had some giftcard with a 3 or 4 dollars, ended up paying 10 out of pocket.
got case , manual and online passes

was able to get 2 online passes too!

[quote name='chris00cm']Does anyone see tomorrows feature deal?

That's crap.[/QUOTE]Just buy Link's Crossbow Training :)wii:) for $0.49 ($0.44 w/ PUR) when trading in stuff. It doesn't have a product page on GS.com, but it's pretty much a guarantee that your store will have copies.

Backup options include Kinect Adventures for $0.99/$0.89 w/ PUR or some :ps2: game around the same price.

I tried to argue that Forza 4 should have qualified for the 50% off (come on, isn't it a racing game and therefore a sports game?), but I was shot down on the grounds that it was a racing simulator and that if it didn't trigger the 50% off automatically, like it was now doing for other titles, it wasn't eligible. It also wasn't on the list of eligible titles that the employee looked up in some document folder.

ok that's screwy. i put in an order with a free shipping code, and the amount i got saved off the game got lowered by much more than the free shipping offset...doesn't make any sense, i know you can't stack offers but it didn't make sense and screwed me out of cash on my first order, before i realized that without the free shipping code my total was about $20 less...

signed up for PUR just for this. they overcharged me on tax on my online order by about 100%. oh well time to spend another half hour on hold while they fix that.

Anyone need an NCAA 13 Football (360 version) online pass? I've got one that I don't need. If you could throw me some Club Nintendo pins in exchange that would be stellar though.

[quote name='Vigilante']I tried to argue that Forza 4 should have qualified for the 50% off (come on, isn't it a racing game and therefore a sports game?), but I was shot down on the grounds that it was a racing simulator and that if it didn't trigger the 50% off automatically, like it was now doing for other titles, it wasn't eligible. It also wasn't on the list of eligible titles that the employee looked up in some document folder.[/QUOTE]

Guy at my store was saying the same thing about his list, even though it was showing games like Nascar and F1 Racing. I then showed him on my phone the gamestock page and clicked the "Get it Now" link for the 50% off sports games, which essentially just links all used sports titles. I showed him Forza 4 was on that list.

He honored it.

Saint'sRow911;9851034 said:
Guy at my store was saying the same thing about his list, even though it was showing games like Nascar and F1 Racing. I then showed him on my phone the gamestock page and clicked the "Get it Now" link for the 50% off sports games, which essentially just links all used sports titles. I showed him Forza 4 was on that list.

He honored it.
*sigh* Another reason I need to get a dang smartphone. :cry:

Got some cheapo sports games to vid out on for awhile, I never buy these things.

PS3:
MLB The Show 08

360:
Rockstar Games Table Tennis
NHL 2K7

Total $2.67 ( & of course paid with trade in credit).

Kind of wish this sale would go on a bit as I would of liked to get All Pro Football and maybe a Wraslin' game.

Thanks OP

Saint'sRow911;9851034 said:

He honored it.

Lucky and YMMV, I went to four stores in total, none of them would let me get any racing game unless it was Nascar or cheap (Like Motorstorm, the original. Which I bought for $1.50)

They wouldn't do Sonic racing, Modnation, Gran Turismo 5 or anything of the like. Pretty bummed but still got the mentioned Motorstorm, NCAA 2010 BB, Top Spin 4 and Fifa 12.

I was lucky in the end myself and the sticker on the Fifa 12 was for Fifa 11, the guy sold it to me for that price (I didn't even notice the price until I looked at the receipt once I got home), called them to let them know and the guy said he'd just fix the inventory and not to worry about it. :hot:

So all-in-all, not shabby.

Went back for Fight Night 4, Fifa 11 and NBA 2k11. 29 ish I think.
Also my online pass for NCAA work so an awesome couple of days.

Picked up:

NBA 2k12 (PS3)
EA MMA (PS3)
Skate (xbox 360)

It is just funny how racing games don't count. I can see some racing that is arcadey but Forza, GT, F1, Dirt, Moto GP, Nascar, and the likes should count. These don't yet a Mario sports game does, as does WWE. WWE isnt even real. Since it isnt but counted I asked of ROCKY (PS2) could count and that does not. This is the most retarded sale as games that arent sports are counting and games that are sports somehow dont count. DUMB!!!!!

[quote name='CorporateMan Punk']If anyone missed out on NCAA 13 because no stores around them had any (like I did), you can order it online now![/QUOTE]

No Ps3 :whistle2:|

[quote name='Vigilante']Just buy Link's Crossbow Training :)wii:) for $0.49 ($0.44 w/ PUR) when trading in stuff. It doesn't have a product page on GS.com, but it's pretty much a guarantee that your store will have copies.

Backup options include Kinect Adventures for $0.99/$0.89 w/ PUR or some :ps2: game around the same price.

I tried to argue that Forza 4 should have qualified for the 50% off (come on, isn't it a racing game and therefore a sports game?), but I was shot down on the grounds that it was a racing simulator and that if it didn't trigger the 50% off automatically, like it was now doing for other titles, it wasn't eligible. It also wasn't on the list of eligible titles that the employee looked up in some document folder.[/QUOTE]

Rock Revolution is good as well, or just get a cheap-o PS2 game. Theres tons of em in stores still. I always buy Rock Revolution and trade it in right away.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Got NCAA 13 for $20 :). Flipped that to BB for $43. Went and bought MW3 for $20. Afterewards I went to another GS and got my MK Komplete and Mario Super SLuggers for $8. All in all a great day since I didnt spend a penny.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you used the Gamers Club offer of getting $25 off MW3...

I always just get a old game I want to try out. That is why you credit after all isn't it? I think recently I've got Halo 3, Batman AA, Oblivion GOTY and Dead Island. Plenty of good cheap games out there.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Please tell me you used the Gamers Club offer of getting $25 off MW3...[/QUOTE]

nah that was the new msrp at my local store. :booty:nah jk, i got the $40 off rewards thing. The guy didnt know until I told him and in added it. Still got $21 left on my gc. Guess ill save that for this next big blowout sale, or ill put it towards sleeping dogs.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']nah that was the new msrp at my local store. :booty:nah jk, i got the $40 off rewards thing. The guy didnt know until I told him and in added it. Still got $21 left on my gc. Guess ill save that for this next big blowout sale, or ill put it towards sleeping dogs.[/QUOTE]
i thought that offer expired on 8/1...

[quote name='mr mellow']Which MLB The Show was the best throughout the last few years?[/QUOTE]

thats like asking which madden has been better. Each year something new is added and previous things are improved on. Get mlb 12 so you can have up to date rosters.

[quote name='dieverse510']So NCAA Football 13 wins Flip of the Year???[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. To get a game less than a month old for a third of msrp and to flip it for 2X the amount you paid. Yeah It has my vote for FOTY

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Perhaps. To get a game less than a month old for a third of msrp and to flip it for 2X the amount you paid. Yeah It has my vote for FOTY[/QUOTE]

NCAA was in limited supply. There was a time when you could have gotten free games (almost unlimited amounts) and flipped it for 14-22 each, (long live Fairytale Fights, BB -> BBV)

Anyone got Mario Kart 7 and don't want it?

I got Mario Tennis Open but really wanted MK7, trade for it?

DC/MD/VA area?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']thats like asking which madden has been better. Each year something new is added and previous things are improved on. Get mlb 12 so you can have up to date rosters.[/QUOTE]
Good point. Maybe i will grab 12 while it's on the cheap. Thanks

It's a shame the system fixed today and NO racing games were in the deal anymore. Wanted Forza for $15 so bad. Flipped a bunch of crap though. Will be picking up a Vita tomorrow if I can get Best Buy to price match Target.

bread's done
Back