Gamestop In-store and online used price drops (Star Ocean, Front Mission Evolved)

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Just left Gamestop and noticed a few games had some nice price drops:

:360: :ps3: Front Mission Evolved 17.99
:360: :ps3: Nier 12.99
:360: :ps3: Star Ocean: Last Hope Internation Edition 17.99
:wii: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 12.99
:360: :ps3: Just Cause 2 17.99
Prices are now valid online so don't forget to use the code 20USED to save an additional 20% on used games.

There were more titles like Red Dead Redemption and Halo Reach but none of those price drops seemed to be as good of a deal as these.

Thanks to Brother Daz for information on additional titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm the new prices for Star Ocean INTL, and Front Mission Evolved for $19.99 for both systems. I picked up Star Ocean and Front Mission used for $33 and some change.

Took going to 3 stores but I got picked up Nier. Going to wait for a b2g1 to get Star Ocean as, from what I read, it takes 100+ hours to play, and my backlog is immense now.

Might grab Nier, loathe Star Ocean 4 more than life itself, and already experienced the fail known as Front Mission Evolved (Beating Hard Mode and getting 70% of the achievements in under 8 hours is kind of sad

[quote name='KneeKnee']Took going to 3 stores but I got picked up Nier. Going to wait for a b2g1 to get Star Ocean as, from what I read, it takes 100+ hours to play, and my backlog is immense now.[/QUOTE]

I would not wait to long for Star Ocean INTL, this is the first time the price has been this low and I really don't know the demand for it but I don't think it's in print anymore. I have seen any stores carry more copies of it once there stock is depleted.

[quote name='skiizim']I would not wait to long for Star Ocean INTL, this is the first time the price has been this low and I really don't know the demand for it but I don't think it's in print anymore. I have seen any stores carry more copies of it once there stock is depleted.[/QUOTE]

I may go back tomorrow and pick it up. There are at least 12 Gamestops within 20 minutes (and 5 within 5 minutes) of me so if I really need to have it, chances are one will have a copy down the road.

Hey, I picked up Front Mission Evolved for only $17.99 at Gamestop today!!

I have no idea how long it will be at this price, but I found the price at Gamestop's online site and the stores honored the price. The game still sells for $59.99 new and the used price was $49.99 but had a slash through it. The $17.99 price was under it. I bought it immediately!!! I have been in the mood for a mech game for quite some time, so I hope this one is good.

Just wanted to say thanks for the post OP. It was funny seeing the looks on the clerks faces when I picked up FME at 3 different GSs today.

[quote name='Masterkyo']It'll be under $10 by march next year. Square & Enix Spent lot times & delayed this game turn out is not A title.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry...but wow I kind of understood that sentence, but overall it was a mess.

what does front mission E play like? I'm not much of a front mission fan after playing front mission 4 on ps2

Got a "new" copy of SO for $19.99 yesterday. I had to call a few places before I found one in-stock.

Been checking all weekend to see if SO for PS3 goes back in stock online. No GameStops closer than a 90-minute drive for me. :\ If anyone grabbed an extra complete copy, I've got a mint Nier 360 and some PayPal I'd be happy to trade for it.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so will this pricing be in effect for the B2G1 this weekend?[/QUOTE]

I think that I'll be picking up the two titles that I want and then I can always return and rebuy them with the B2G1 over the weekend if it comes to that.

[quote name='CaoPi']what does front mission E play like? I'm not much of a front mission fan after playing front mission 4 on ps2[/QUOTE]

3rd person shooter/action like Gears of wars series but with gundams and slightly different/poorer/less refined game mechanics.

Just picked up Front Mission Evolved for 360. Bought a new copy for $19.99 instead of used though since it came with the DLC code.

Went to get Nier today, it was $15 and well hey it looked alright.

Although I almost shit my pants today. I ordered just cause 2 off gamestop.com friday at 8 pm with the normal shipping. It was in the mail today :D

I grabbed Nier for $12.99 used. It was in terrific shape. Much better than I would have thought.

Both stores locally had Star Ocean: International, but didn't have a case for their used copies.

One did have a copy new, but I held off for some reason.

I dont know how to count. If you bought something on friday, for the 7 day return policy is it returned by thursday, or friday?

[quote name='spideymike']Picked up a :360: copy of Front Mission Evolved and did my first flip ever to my local TRU store for $24.55 in store credit.[/QUOTE]
I played through a little of it and wasnt very impressed, so I sold it on ebay for $34 :lol:

should be friday. 7 day return period for used (30 days to exchange if defective) and 30 days to return for new (unopened) last time I checked

thanks i have been waiting a long time for a good price drop on star ocean! now thinking about 2 other games for the bogo sale. i wish DQ5 would drop more.

bread's done
Back