Gamestop in-store only 40GB PS3 bundle for MGS4

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hey everyone,
I guess Gamestop thought they were going to have a lot of new PS3 owners from Metal Gear and they were worried about not having enough of the 80GB bundles to go around, so they are advertising a bundle in-store with the 40GB system for just a bit cheaper.

40GB PS3 w/Sixaxis
MGS4 Standard Edition
Dual Shock 3 controller
$484.97

It's not that great a deal but at least you have two controllers instead of just 1 in case you can't find an 80GB bundle somewhere else. It's apparently in-store only as I checked the website and it doesn't seem to be on there.

oh my that's god awful. Think about it, for about $20 bucks more you get an 80 gig which plays ps2/1 games. Who cares about the sixis, once you use the DS3 you won't wanna go back.

Price-wise, it's decent. 40-GB PS3 is 400 dollars SIXAXIS is 50 dollars. DS3 is 55 dollars. MGS4 is 60 dollars. 565 dollars.

[quote name='womfalcs7']Price-wise, it's decent. 40-GB PS3 is 400 dollars SIXAXIS is 50 dollars. DS3 is 55 dollars. MGS4 is 60 dollars. 565 dollars.[/quote]

???How did you come up with that....

PS3/40 GB w/ Sixis $400
DualShock $55
MGS4 $60

Thats $515

[quote name='womfalcs7']Price-wise, it's decent. 40-GB PS3 is 400 dollars SIXAXIS is 50 dollars. DS3 is 55 dollars. MGS4 is 60 dollars. 565 dollars.[/QUOTE]

$515, since the Sixaxis is included in the $400 40GB.

It's a savings of $30 overall, which isn't all that bad, if BC isn't that critical to you.

Saw this poster outside my Gamestop as well. It even advertises that it's a $30 savings and lists the bundle price as individually being worth $515.

Overall not bad, basically you're getting a 40GB PS3 and MGS4 for retail price and then a Dual Shock 3 for $25. If you can't get the 80GB bundle with the gift card at Walmart and don't care for backwards compatibility, it's probably the only other decent deal out there. And it's not so bad that you'll have an extra SixAxis controller since that's the one you'll be letting your friend use when they come over anyway ;)

It wouldn't be bad, if you were in the market for a 40 gb and didn't know about the walmart gc deal. Since than you could buy the 40 gb and use that $100 gc on the game and a extra controller and still much less than at gamestop.

Yeah I agree it's not that great a deal but I thought if someone had problems getting the 80GB bundle, at least this gives them a second option (if they don't care about BC) plus they would have 2 controllers instead of 1.

My Gamestop just put this ad out in the front of the store yesterday so I thought people might be interested.

It's not bad actually. It's very similar to the MGS4 Welcome Box bundle offered in Japan, which is a 40GB console, Sixaxis, DS3, and MGS4 SE bundled together.

qoyg7t.jpg

TRU had better deal. 40gb system + 1 dvd remote, + charger station, + 1 game and blu ray movie of CHOICE for only $435. And if you use Sony card with purchase that's 335$ =) but too bad the deal is expired XD

[quote name='luan87us']TRU had better deal. 40gb system + 1 dvd remote, + charger station, + 1 game and blu ray movie of CHOICE for only $435. And if you use Sony card with purchase that's 335$ =) but too bad the deal is expired XD[/quote]

Well I guess that settles the worth of this deal...

Anyway, I'd say go for this deal if you are on the fence and really wanting to play MGS4 (which should be nearly everyone here who doesn't have a PS3).

This was a terrible deal when it was posted last week, and it's still a terrible deal. It's virtually the same price as buying the non-gimped 80GB system...which also comes with Metal Gear Solid 4.

This is a good deal ONLY if you don't care about BC and want to save money. Otherwise, it's a no brainer that this is a bad deal.

Even if for some reason you don't care about backwards compatibility it's still questionable versus the 80GB model.

bread's done
Back