GameStop is a joke...

[quote name='MSUHitman']Problem is Gamerush locations are rarer than Game Crazy's (there are no Blockbuster/Gamerush locations in all of St. Louis while we still have 2 or 3 Game Crazy's) otherwise I would love to get in some of those deals at Gamerush.[/QUOTE]
Aside from Rayman, everything I've picked up has been at a regular Blockbuster.

To the best of my knowledge, GameCrazy matches trade values. Best thing to do is take the game you're trading in to a regular Blockbuster, get a trade "quote" (a receipt slip with the value on it), and take that receipt and game to GameCrazy. With that, you've got Blockbuster values and GameCrazy's selection.

[quote name='RudyPants']That's what I'm talking about: a poster that actually wants to help instead of just complain. Kudos to you IAmTheCheapestGamer.[/quote]

No problem, since I favor the Transworld stores for trades anyway. Though, I wish that Gamestop didn't take down their Tradestop.com value site, which let you look up trade values from home.

But, I know why they did, they did it so people would bring them in and rather than lugging the games home, they opt to trade them to GS.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Dude, you didn't even make a point in this posting...... you just said a whole lot of nothing[/QUOTE]

How is praise for a good bit of service a whole lot of nothing? I don't believe it's right for me to sit here and criticize their trade-in policies without discussing what they do RIGHT.

Huge thanks to IAmTheCheapestGamer for providing an alternative, but the point of this thread, from the title, is "Gamestop is a joke", and as far as trade-ins go, they definitely are, so my goal in my posts wasn't anything but to discuss the proof of it.

[quote name='whoknows']Well the thing is they give you $25 and sell it for $55 so they're gaining $30. I'm sure they could stand to give a bit more.[/quote]

I managed an independent video game store and I can tell you that $25 trade in on a new release is fair. That's what we gave. The difference for us was, we typically sold it for $40 or $45, not $3 or $5 under the new price.

I'll agree with everyone that Gamestop's trade-in values do suck, but sometimes it is a good option when wanting to get rid of games.

As many of you know, I got quite a game collection over the years and I'm just tired of owning several games. If you sell anywhere on the internet, you may have the following problems:
-Some stuff just not selling regardless of what you do, so you're kind of stuck with it (I've seen games for $1 not even sell on ebay).

-Payment can be a problem at times because there are people who have been scammed. Although Paypal can be secure, it charges fees and the buyer can sometimes file a dispute or something trying to get their money back (which could be a lie) . Someone could send out a fake money order, or even if it's real you gotta go to a bank and cash it. And oh course, sending out cash is a huge risk.

-Shipping can be a problem because it can be easy to spend more than you imagined (I will not lie that although I tried calculating shipping, I ended up spending more than anticipated, especially when shipping to the west or east coast). Another problem is an item could be damaged (even if you packed well), lost, stolen, and so on during the process. Oh course you can get insurance, but that adds more to the cost of shipping. And if you are shipping to a different country, it really varies when it may arrive unless you pay big. There is also picking up the supplies to ship.

Although I've sold a few games to people online and bought a few games from people online; there's no denying I sometimes worry about this a little when any kind of deal is going on.

By trading into GS, yes you may get less, but at the same time it's convenient. I can easily ditch my games (one which don't date back to a few generations) without worrying about them not taking them (so I get them all off my hands easily). All I have to do overall is make a trip to GS with a stack of games, hand them to an employee, have them scan my Edge card, I sign, and then they put the credit on the card. After that, I have more $$$ than I did before to spend (When I get rid of games, 99% of the time I'm just going to buy more games anyway). By selling somewhere online, I would have to deal with a buyer (most are good, but sometimes it may not be good), make a stop to buy packing supplies, make a stop to cash a check (if I were to get one), make another stop to mail stuff off, and so on. And then I'd have to worry if they received stuff or not (although I use delivery confirmation). At GS, no worries because they have my stuff and I didn't have to do much.

I do have Game Crazy, but they are way too far away. And other places aren't exactly worth trading into (due to not having a good selection like GS).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll agree with everyone that Gamestop's trade-in values do suck, but sometimes it is a good option when wanting to get rid of games.

As many of you know, I got quite a game collection over the years and I'm just tired of owning several games. If you sell anywhere on the internet, you may have the following problems:
-Some stuff just not selling regardless of what you do, so you're kind of stuck with it (I've seen games for $1 not even sell on ebay).

-Payment can be a problem at times because there are people who have been scammed. Although Paypal can be secure, it charges fees and the buyer can sometimes file a dispute or something trying to get their money back (which could be a lie) . Someone could send out a fake money order, or even if it's real you gotta go to a bank and cash it. And oh course, sending out cash is a huge risk.

-Shipping can be a problem because it can be easy to spend more than you imagined (I will not lie that although I tried calculating shipping, I ended up spending more than anticipated, especially when shipping to the west or east coast). Another problem is an item could be damaged (even if you packed well), lost, stolen, and so on during the process. Oh course you can get insurance, but that adds more to the cost of shipping. And if you are shipping to a different country, it really varies when it may arrive unless you pay big. There is also picking up the supplies to ship.

Although I've sold a few games to people online and bought a few games from people online; there's no denying I sometimes worry about this a little when any kind of deal is going on.

By trading into GS, yes you may get less, but at the same time it's convenient. I can easily ditch my games (one which don't date back to a few generations) without worrying about them not taking them (so I get them all off my hands easily). All I have to do overall is make a trip to GS with a stack of games, hand them to an employee, have them scan my Edge card, I sign, and then they put the credit on the card. After that, I have more $$$ than I did before to spend (When I get rid of games, 99% of the time I'm just going to buy more games anyway). By selling somewhere online, I would have to deal with a buyer (most are good, but sometimes it may not be good), make a stop to buy packing supplies, make a stop to cash a check (if I were to get one), make another stop to mail stuff off, and so on. And then I'd have to worry if they received stuff or not (although I use delivery confirmation). At GS, no worries because they have my stuff and I didn't have to do much.

I do have Game Crazy, but they are way too far away. And other places aren't exactly worth trading into (due to not having a good selection like GS).[/quote]

See, this is why I've been using the Priority Mail flat rate envelopes and boxes SO frequently in recent months, since they provide the packing materials AND a place to cash a money order(if it's theirs) AND a place to ship the stuff off from.

Best part about the PO I usually use when I ship stuff out that's going to other CAGs, is that it's right across the street from a downtown location of my bank I deal with. So, if I received a check or other payment form that the PO wouldn't cash, I can simply go across the street and do so there. Although, I limit my dealings to CASH or USPS MO's, so I don't take any chances.

There are simpler ways to do things, so you protect yourself and make one big stop and you're done.

I shop at gamestop from time to time. It's a good place to browse and get an idea on prices. I usually go straight to the bargain bin. I won't buy a game from them unless it's fair market price, and no, $3-5 off the MSRP is not fair market price for a used item. I'd rather just buy it new for that price range.

Certain games really don't hold their value, especially if it's already been sent to the bargain bin (less than $8 for used PS2 games). For me, if I bought it for less than the cost of a rental or shipping price from ebay, I'm happy.

Always inspect the disk before you buy it.

don't bother selling back to gamestop unless you want to get ripped off. If you have an older game even with their 30% trade in coupon and edge card the value doesnt stack up. I went in december last year and they offered me $14 for a mint warhawk bundle. The employee tried offering me $15 cash for himself lmao. I declined and sold it on ebay for $42 that is 3x's the cash I was being offered. I'm ok with buying their games because sometimes they have some pretty nice pre-order bonuses but generally I try to stay far far away from them.

And what is the deal with them always asking me if I want to pre-order a game if I just mention it?

Like anything else, you need to be a smart consumer. There are times when trading things into GameStop is actually a great option. It all depends on what trade-in bonus (if any) is available, what games you want to trade, and what the market rate for a used copy is. It's important what exactly you want to get after dumping the old stuff off.

I agree. I will buy from the bargain bin but will not trade because the last time I traded was with the extra $10. It was worth it then but any other time ebay, amazon, half, craig's list and goozex. My favorite is goozex. There system is not perfect but get fair market value. The people on there great for the most part. It is nice dealing with other gamers than an employee getting barely over minimum wage and not caring about the customer's experience. Before, I am hated by Gamestop or other game store employees. There are some really good ones just not around where I live. I have to travel an hour away to go to a gamestop where the employees are decent. Sorry about the rant. My advice: Sell it to a friend or on the internet.

[quote name='Rollett']Because they can get fired if they don't get enough pre-orders.. ... so they will always ask/try...[/quote]

oh yea? that's lame. I thought it was just for commission.

[quote name='KSHLove']don't bother selling back to gamestop unless you want to get ripped off. If you have an older game even with their 30% trade in coupon and edge card the value doesnt stack up. I went in december last year and they offered me $14 for a mint warhawk bundle. The employee tried offering me $15 cash for himself lmao. I declined and sold it on ebay for $42 that is 3x's the cash I was being offered. I'm ok with buying their games because sometimes they have some pretty nice pre-order bonuses but generally I try to stay far far away from them.

And what is the deal with them always asking me if I want to pre-order a game if I just mention it?[/QUOTE]You may have sold it on ebay for $42, but add the list fee, selling fee, and paypal fees and you don't make as much.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']See, this is why I've been using the Priority Mail flat rate envelopes and boxes SO frequently in recent months, since they provide the packing materials AND a place to cash a money order(if it's theirs) AND a place to ship the stuff off from.

Best part about the PO I usually use when I ship stuff out that's going to other CAGs, is that it's right across the street from a downtown location of my bank I deal with. So, if I received a check or other payment form that the PO wouldn't cash, I can simply go across the street and do so there. Although, I limit my dealings to CASH or USPS MO's, so I don't take any chances.

There are simpler ways to do things, so you protect yourself and make one big stop and you're done.[/QUOTE]Well, the area where I live (like in my hometown), the post office is a distance away and it's kind of a hassle to get there. Since I go to a small bank too with three locations (two way far out of the way and one nearby), it's pretty far from the post office regardless (It's like everything is spread apart).
[quote name='Agent_BBJ']I agree. I will buy from the bargain bin but will not trade because the last time I traded was with the extra $10. It was worth it then but any other time ebay, amazon, half, craig's list and goozex. My favorite is goozex. There system is not perfect but get fair market value. The people on there great for the most part. It is nice dealing with other gamers than an employee getting barely over minimum wage and not caring about the customer's experience. Before, I am hated by Gamestop or other game store employees. There are some really good ones just not around where I live. I have to travel an hour away to go to a gamestop where the employees are decent. Sorry about the rant. My advice: Sell it to a friend or on the internet.[/QUOTE]But when you have games like Ape Escape Pumped & Prime, Smashing Drive, or most any last gen mediocre game that can be bought really cheap, who is even going to bother buying it on the internet when they can buy it at their local store for $5-$10 (like how CC has cheap $9)? By the time you ship and figure in Paypal fees and shipping, you might even lose money when selling (I've come close to that). I wanted to get rid of GT3, but who is even going to bother buying the game now? So oh course I took it to GS. There's a few games on my tradelist that if no one picks up, I may take them to GS this week.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Like anything else, you need to be a smart consumer. There are times when trading things into GameStop is actually a great option. It all depends on what trade-in bonus (if any) is available, what games you want to trade, and what the market rate for a used copy is. It's important what exactly you want to get after dumping the old stuff off.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of in a pretty bad situation where any dollar helps me. I do try very hard to get rid of games during a trade-in promotion (like 20% bump when buying Lost Odyssey on 360). I will admit I did get ripped off in ways getting rid of 14-16 games just to get the game, but at least I got them off my hands since I'd never play them again.

There's no denying I'm trying to sell more online and less at GS, but there are those certain games where you just can't sell online (due to no one wanting them), GS becomes a not too bad option.

why dont consumers just demand games that you would actually want to play for more than a week, then the whole trade in value discussion would be mute.

Total malarkey.....I stopped shopping there a long time ago. I hardly trade in my games anyway, plus I can get a discount at Wally's. Last time I shopped at Gamestop was when I preordered my Wii when they first came out, I had an old friend who was manager at the Gamestop by my house. I preordered a Wii and a classic controller for it when it first came out. I got my Wii but not my classic controller. I got my money back for the controller but I went in a bit later since I preordered Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii. My manager buddy saw me and told me that some people traded in their Wiis (silly people) and left a classic controller that they forgot to take into account. They couldn't sell it since they didn't know who it belonged to.....so he just kindly handed it over to me for FREE! It was a nice score that day. Anyway, he quit about a year later and the last time I was in there the folks weren't that friendly.

Now I just shop Wally's, Fry's and Amazon.com......my wallet's been crying ever since!

The main problem I have with gamestop is when they are about to put out a coupon (say 25% used xbox360 game), they will mark up the price of the "popular" games to around 5 dollars under the new price.

I went to get assassins creed when the coupon came out, they had it as 29.99(or 39.99) couple weeks ago so I went to get it and it was marked up the the 55.99 price.

[quote name='Tecka']The main problem I have with gamestop is when they are about to put out a coupon (say 25% used xbox360 game), they will mark up the price of the "popular" games to around 5 dollars under the new price.

I went to get assassins creed when the coupon came out, they had it as 29.99(or 39.99) couple weeks ago so I went to get it and it was marked up the the 55.99 price.[/QUOTE]They do. And come to think about it, I used the coupon at GS for 25% bonus when trading in PS2 games, a game that gets $5 trade-in credit got me $1 bonus (that's 20% from what I believe), so it seems like the coupon was really only 20%. I'm not going to argue with GS over this since I will only get $1 extra.

The funny thing about businesses is that you DON'T HAVE TO GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! Who cares what a store buys something at if you don't sell it to them? There are no victims in the transactions, just idiots.

[quote name='OGHowie']I walked in yesterday and found a Gamestop employee destroying old PSone systems (at least 4) and PS games with a hammer. He was literally making sure the PSones would not work anymore by taking a hammer to the laser lenses and PS games. Very strange.[/quote]

That ticks me off, What happened to teh good old days when EB had a bin of old stuff that they had taken in? Now days when it gets marked down to low they trash them. My EB guy told me that he would love to give me the stuff they trash but the corporate will fire him if they find out!!

[quote name='Blinkman987']The funny thing about businesses is that you DON'T HAVE TO GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! Who cares what a store buys something at if you don't sell it to them? There are no victims in the transactions, just idiots.[/quote]

Gamestop Dave is that you? It sure sounds like it. I don't trade to GS unless I'm raking them over the coals and I haven't seen any GOOD trade deals in a while to do that with, which is why I only have credit @ FYE.

So I find 2 wavebirds.... for 17.99 + my 10% off coupon... only problem is the controllers have some really gross crud on the d-pad one one of them, and on the other some other gunk. They looked like someone picked there nose and sticked it to the controllers :puke:

They look like they can be cleaned off by some goo-gone and some elbow grease but I kindly asked the gs employee if he had anything to clean them off because I was buying them as gifts (for my nephew's game cube) and he told me he had nothing for them (BULL SHIT!!) and wouldn't clean them for me like a good gamestop employee would.

Who knows if those controllers worked or not. But my main concern was that crap on the controllers themselves. Some people can be so disgusting sometimes and gamestop having the nerve to take it in anyways.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']...ewwwwwww...[/quote]

I should have taken a picture with my cell phone to show how gross it was. Who knows what germs could have been living on those things. And I was planning on giving it to my nephew for his game cube, but after talking to his dad, he said don't bother with it.

I mean I could have cleaned it up, but there probably was a chance that it was messed up in some way.

Still, the employees should have cleaned it up before bagging it and putting it on the shelf like that.

Why don't people complain more? Every District and Store Manager dreads a call from corporate Home Office because it goes on their review, which affects their raises. You really want to get revenge for bad customer service? Call the customer service number (if they still have one) and to really make them sweat ask them for it usually if there is a manager around they will try to correct the bad service issue. They can't do anything about prices though.

I should clarify only complaints about customer service go on the permanent record if it is related to corporate policy they are not held accountable.

Also why not look at that trade-in value as a discount on the game you purchased rather than the next game you are going to buy. (Wow I only paid 35 dollars for "Army of Two" after trading it in.) I know its a glass half full view but it might make you feel better.:D

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, it's really not a topic I'll read four pages about.

Game stop is not the joke here, it's the people who continue to do buisness with them, and keep them a float, I mean hell if I could be earning the profits off of doing what Game Stop does, I would not to many can actually say that they wouldn't.

I do agree with one of the posts that had caught my eye that said, something about them buying a game, off of someone, based upon condition of that game.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So I find 2 wavebirds.... for 17.99 + my 10% off coupon... only problem is the controllers have some really gross crud on the d-pad one one of them, and on the other some other gunk. They looked like someone picked there nose and sticked it to the controllers :puke:

They look like they can be cleaned off by some goo-gone and some elbow grease but I kindly asked the gs employee if he had anything to clean them off because I was buying them as gifts (for my nephew's game cube) and he told me he had nothing for them (BULL SHIT!!) and wouldn't clean them for me like a good gamestop employee would.

Who knows if those controllers worked or not. But my main concern was that crap on the controllers themselves. Some people can be so disgusting sometimes and gamestop having the nerve to take it in anyways.[/quote]

My one friends nieces and nephews were all like that at one point, but at least most of the kids wipe their hands before handling anything anymore, except for his one nephew who still doesn't give a crap about his stuff or how he handles other peoples stuff.

Most of his game discs look like he used sandpaper or a rough shirt to try and clean them and he is still grabby whenever I bring stuff up. I value the condition of my stuff and I always ask when and if he's going to be coming over for a visit, so I know to keep my stuff home or hidden while he's there.

But, some people in general(even adults I've seen)just don't care about the condition of their stuff, which is sad for those of us who do buy stuff based on condition, since I know I'd never buy any crap I see messed up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Gamestop Dave is that you? It sure sounds like it. I don't trade to GS unless I'm raking them over the coals and I haven't seen any GOOD trade deals in a while to do that with, which is why I only have credit @ FYE.[/quote]

Yes, I'm a gamestop person by saying that people shouldn't shop there, yet they're responsible for getting ripped off if they do. Why is everyone on the internet such a fucking retard?

I don't shop there unless I know I'm getting a good deal and a quality copy of a game too(I've checked 10 copies of a game before and walked out empty handed if I couldn't find one in good shape). So, I'm far from an internet retard. But who's the one namecalling and saying that those who shop there are stupid if they do?

Not me, since I've known that for forever.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']CAG Trading board FTW[/QUOTE]

Yep! I traded my copy of No More Heroes to a fellow CAG for his copy of R&C: Tools of Destruction. Straight up trade.

Usually, the rule is divide their used price by 2, then take off $1-3 more. I've found that to be pretty accurate.

So, you're looking at maybe $10-12 each, depending on their stock of course. If they have tons of copies at a store you're trading into, they may give less I believe.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My one friends nieces and nephews were all like that at one point, but at least most of the kids wipe their hands before handling anything anymore, except for his one nephew who still doesn't give a crap about his stuff or how he handles other peoples stuff.

Most of his game discs look like he used sandpaper or a rough shirt to try and clean them and he is still grabby whenever I bring stuff up. I value the condition of my stuff and I always ask when and if he's going to be coming over for a visit, so I know to keep my stuff home or hidden while he's there.

But, some people in general(even adults I've seen)just don't care about the condition of their stuff, which is sad for those of us who do buy stuff based on condition, since I know I'd never buy any crap I see messed up.[/quote]

Every dvd and game cube disc I have ever given my nephew that started off as in near perfect condition are now scratched to hell. My nearly 2 year old nephew has already destroy the wireless controller (3rd party non wavebird)...
I have one more game to give my 5 year old nephew (sponge bob) and no more this year because his mom is starting to bitch at me for buying all this stuff for him and his dad (my brother) doesn't have a problem with it. Still wish my brother would talk to me before walking into a gamestop and getting ripped off by them.

Don't worry, I 'took one back' for normal gamers who hate Gamestop last night. I took a memory card my one buddy got from Gamestop that was broken and his original PS2 controller(he got the PS2 in December for Christmas, but his cat chomped pieces out of the cable)into a local Gamestop and traded them both in for $10 in credit.

I taped up the holes on the controller cable with with electrical tape to hide the damage and just handed them back the memory card. I ended up getting A Bard's Tale for PS2 with the credit.

The controller was wonky on some games(like in Vice City, the directions seemed to be reversed on the analog sticks)ever since his cat chewed on it.

Oh and btw, I was told that they stopped allowing you to use credit tax free company wide. I ended up paying a whopping .59 for the game when all was said and done.

Luckily, his brother took the cat which damaged the controller and I sold him a Nyko brand memory card I got from a Movie Gallery closing sale for $10 for $5, since he needed a memory card and I've known him forever and wanted to give him a deal.

I also gave him a couple older controllers I had laying around for spares(some Intec branded one and a PS1 Dual Shock), just in case the two Gamestop branded(he unfortunately is one of the millions of people who THINK they get a good deal from Gamestop)controllers he has for it now stop working in time.

So you feel good about being dishonest ? GOOD MAN!

Personaly i feel bragging about ripping some one off regardless of who or what it was.. is very lame a true sign of character

[quote name='Rollett']So you feel good about being dishonest ? GOOD MAN!

Personaly i feel bragging about ripping some one off regardless of who or what it was.. is very lame a true sign of character[/quote]

I know it's not right to be dishonest, but IMO GS is dishonest also, I don't trust them at all.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I know it's not right to be dishonest, but IMO GS is dishonest also, I don't trust them at all.[/quote]

But in that case shouldnt you just not deal with them ?

[quote name='Sinnbox']I know it's not right to be dishonest, but IMO GS is dishonest also, I don't trust them at all.[/quote]

GS is not dishonest. Their employees might be, but that is the case with all retail stores.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GS is not dishonest. Their employees might be, but that is the case with all retail stores.[/quote]

Correction *SOME* of the Employees might be, But that is the case with all retail.

[quote name='Rollett']But in that case shouldnt you just not deal with them GS is not dishonest. [/Quote]

I only deal with the stores that i can trust.

GS is not dishonest. Their employees might be, but that is the case with all retail stores.

A website that sends incomplete used games to customers...There should at least be a disclaier that says "GS does not guarentee a manual or coverart with used games."

[quote name='Sinnbox']I only deal with the stores that i can trust.

A website that sends incomplete used games to customers...There should at least be a disclaier that says "GS does not guarentee a manual or coverart with used games."[/quote]

Ok lets see.. so i just did a copy and paste from the website of something thats said under each used game.

"This is a preowned video game. It is guaranteed to work on your Game Cube video game console and may not include a box or instruction manual. "

This was just a random copy and paste from a gamecube game.. but that has been there for as long as i can remeber. And after a little further looking it actualy says that in multipule spots as well.. including the box with the add to cart and i think one in check out as well.

[quote name='Rollett']Ok lets see.. so i just did a copy and paste from the website of something thats said under each used game.

"This is a preowned video game. It is guaranteed to work on your Game Cube video game console and may not include a box or instruction manual. "

This was just a random copy and paste from a gamecube game.. but that has been there for as long as i can remeber. And after a little further looking it actualy says that in multipule spots as well.. including the box with the add to cart and i think one in check out as well.[/quote]

Sorry, I just heard tons of people complaining, I haven't used the website forever, so i was just taking fellow CAG's word for it.

[quote name='Rollett']Ok lets see.. so i just did a copy and paste from the website of something thats said under each used game.

This was just a random copy and paste from a gamecube game.. but that has been there for as long as i can remeber. And after a little further looking it actualy says that in multipule spots as well.. including the box with the add to cart and i think one in check out as well.[/quote]

Indeed. It does stink that GS sells these incomplete, often-scratched up used games, but they do have that disclaimer pasted all over the place.

I was talking to a girl at lunch during school and she was telling me how great trading stuff into gamestop was such a wonderful thing
"that place is sooo cool!"
"you can take in old games and buy new ones!"
"they give you such good prices all the time!"
the only thing I agreed with her was that they take in broken consoles

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Usually, the rule is divide their used price by 2, then take off $1-3 more. I've found that to be pretty accurate.

So, you're looking at maybe $10-12 each, depending on their stock of course. If they have tons of copies at a store you're trading into, they may give less I believe.[/quote]

incorrect, the values are the same at all the stores nationwide and are decided by supply on BRIAN (the GameStop database) and demand.

Not taking any sides, but if a store rips you off, and you rip them off...are you any better?
Sure, the store has a bunch of money, and a few dollars is really nothing to them...but is your honesty worth a few bucks?

[quote name='microbim']incorrect, the values are the same at all the stores nationwide and are decided by supply on BRIAN (the GameStop database) and demand.[/quote]

which is basicly what he said. GS/EB has a guy that all he dose is analyze what they have in sotck and what things are going for online, how things move in the store, what price things seem to move at, ect... and he sets a sell price and a trade price...

That's why I love mom and pop stores that have no idea what stuff is worth(unless they are the ones that look at half and take the top price and put it on their item...

bread's done
Back