Gamestop Jirachi Event Starts Today! Event starts 2/27 - 3/13

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that the Jirachi event is starting today at Gamestop. This event is in anticipation of Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

If you bring in your copy of Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, you will be able to get a Jirachi of your very own.

It will be running for two weeks, 2/27 - 3/13, so if you want that Jirachi, be sure to drop by sometime before then.

*Heres a full scan thanks to Tsukento*

i4hd2t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Thanks for that. I almost forgot about the other event a few weeks ago and forgot about this one.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I almost missed out on Pichu a couple weeks ago :*(

[quote name='utopianmachine']What's the info on this Jirachi? What level?[/QUOTE]

I'll give you more details when I get mine in about an hour when the store opens.

Pokeball: Cherish Ball
OT: GAMESTP
ID: 02270
Level: 05
Item: Liechi Berry
Attacks: Wish, Confusion, Rest, Draco Meteor*
Ribbon: Classic Ribbon

*It normally cannot learn this attack.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I hope they do some sort of giveaway after SoulSilver is released. I want some free Pokemons too! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Um, no.

[quote name='Tsukento']Pokeball: Cherish Ball
OT: GAMESTP
ID: 02270
Level: 05
Item: Liechi Berry
Attacks: Wish, Confusion, Rest, Draco Meteor*
Ribbon: Classic Ribbon

*It normally cannot learn this attack.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. On my way to get mine now :D

No problem. Also, the details for what the Pokewalker unlock does with Jirachi can be found here: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#edgeofthenightssky

You'll find quite a few items that help earn you plenty of money when sold, including Rare Bone and Star Piece, as well as some helpful items like the TM for Psychic and a Moon Stone, as well as shard pieces.

To obtain Jirachi, you have to go through Mystery Gift. Here's a nice scan of instructions from Pokemon.com:
i4hd2t.jpg

I wish I had a DS and Pokemon Platinum to go and do this, but I'm so hesitant on buying a DS because of Nintendo always releasing a better version of it. Ah damn it! :(

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Wonder if you actually have to go inside Gamestop or if you can do it from the parking lot lol[/QUOTE]
Can be done from the parking lot as long as you're within range of the DS they have set up for it. I did that during the Pichu event, which was on even after they had closed for the night.

[quote name='Tsukento']Can be done from the parking lot as long as you're within range of the DS they have set up for it. I did that during the Pichu event, which was on even after they had closed for the night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just got back from GS and did it while I was waiting in line, since I had to buy something anyways.

Swell :D

Once the new games are released do we have to trade it to someone and then have it traded back or is there an easy way to transfer?

do you have to go in the store to get it. how many can you get? can i say sit in the parking lot and pick up a few from my car?

[quote name='winb83']do you have to go in the store to get it. how many can you get? can i say sit in the parking lot and pick up a few from my car?[/QUOTE]

Its one per cartridge, so no dice on that plan.

[quote name='Shoagie']Once the new games are released do we have to trade it to someone and then have it traded back or is there an easy way to transfer?[/QUOTE]
Easiest way is if you can borrow someone's DS and trade it from your DPPt to HGSS.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I never understood all of the hype w/ Pokemon. Maybe that's because I was a senior in highschool when it first became popular.[/QUOTE]

What does being a senior in high school have anything to do with it, lol.

[quote name='Squarehard']Its one per cartridge, so no dice on that plan.[/QUOTE]

You mean "one per cartridge that you bought used/borrowed from someone and repeatedly trade and erase data on that cart to keep dumping a bunch for yourself".

[quote name='icedrake523']Yeah, it's surprising a lot of people play good games.[/QUOTE]

I've played a few pokemon games, and they all seemed mostly the same to me. Maybe better graphics, slightly different pokemon, but I haven't seen anything groundbreaking from one title to the other (the pokewalker is kind of neat though)

Pokemon is perceived as more of a kid game, as I'm sure you're aware, which is why I stated that (assuming most of you are adults). I'm positive you've questioned at least once why some older adults like certain games/cartoons, etc.. that are geared towards kids, even if they're great, but feel free to deny that.

Another thing I don't like about the franchise is they release two versions of the game that are like 99% identical, and I'm positive some huge collector's buy both. Is there really a point to having two versions of the same game every time?

[quote name='icedrake523']Yeah, it's surprising a lot of people play good games.[/QUOTE]

lol, i didnt get into pokemon until i was about 15 and im 25 now so good 10 years ive been playing it.

[quote name='anthonyd46']lol, i didnt get into pokemon until i was about 15 and im 25 now so good 10 years ive been playing it.[/QUOTE]

I got into Pokemon when I was 13. This was when the show was on the local UPN channel and the game had just came out... probably late 1998. I haven't completed a Pokemon game since the original Pokemon Red, but I agree that they are still pretty good RPGs.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've played a few pokemon games, and they all seemed mostly the same to me. Maybe better graphics, slightly different pokemon, but I haven't seen anything groundbreaking from one title to the other (the pokewalker is kind of neat though)[/quote]
These are remakes of the Silver/Gold GBC games which are considered the best in the entire franchise. Since they used an internal clock, the cartridge batteries had a shorter lifespan than other GB games. Many have died and their save data has been wiped. So, many people are looking forward to these remakes since they have a much longer lifespan on top of the changes that followed them in the GBA and DS games.

Pokemon is perceived as more of a kid game, as I'm sure you're aware, which is why I stated that (assuming most of you are adults). I'm positive you've questioned at least once why some older adults like certain games/cartoons, etc.. that are geared towards kids, even if they're great, but feel free to deny that.
Just because something is aimed at kids doesn't mean it can't appeal to adults as well. If it is good and doesn't treat its audience as being as ignorant as children, it will be appealing to some adults as well. Look at some cartoons such as Batman: The Animated Series and Gargoyles. Games are no different. Plus, Pokemon can be very complex if you're into competitive battling. No 5 year old would get a grasp on that.

Another thing I don't like about the franchise is they release two versions of the game that are like 99% identical, and I'm positive some huge collector's buy both. Is there really a point to having two versions of the same game every time?
Nintendo wants the Pokemon experience to be with other people, not something you do entirely on your own. That's why certain versions have exclusive Pokemon, to make you interact with others to collect them all.

The two versions aren't any different from a Collector/Limited/Deluxe edition being released. The Game of the Year or Gold editions are even worse since it's usually just the game plus previously released DLC.

fuck

Took my DS with me to GS this morning to pay off my FF XIII bundle... and low and behold my dumbass forgot to bring my copy of pearl with me #-o

does anyone by chance have an extra of the pichu they gave out? i ha to buy a whole new copy of platinum and missed it. i don't have much for trade right now.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Wonder if you actually have to go inside Gamestop or if you can do it from the parking lot lol[/QUOTE]

I've tried it, and it didn't work for me.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I never understood all of the hype w/ Pokemon. Maybe that's because I was a senior in highschool when it first became popular.[/QUOTE]

I was halfway through my junior year when I got into it. Pokemon is the reason I asked for a Gameboy Color that Christmas.

Jeebus you people are old. I was only 11 when pokemon first came out in 1998. Ahhh, the memories. Pokemon yellow and gold were my favorites of the series, so I'm definitely excited for the new releases. I guess I'll make my way to gamestop tomorrow to pick this jirachi up.

[quote name='icedrake523']These are remakes of the Silver/Gold GBC games which are considered the best in the entire franchise. Since they used an internal clock, the cartridge batteries had a shorter lifespan than other GB games. Many have died and their save data has been wiped. So, many people are looking forward to these remakes since they have a much longer lifespan on top of the changes that followed them in the GBA and DS games.

Just because something is aimed at kids doesn't mean it can't appeal to adults as well. If it is good and doesn't treat its audience as being as ignorant as children, it will be appealing to some adults as well. Look at some cartoons such as Batman: The Animated Series and Gargoyles. Games are no different. Plus, Pokemon can be very complex if you're into competitive battling. No 5 year old would get a grasp on that.

Nintendo wants the Pokemon experience to be with other people, not something you do entirely on your own. That's why certain versions have exclusive Pokemon, to make you interact with others to collect them all.

The two versions aren't any different from a Collector/Limited/Deluxe edition being released. The Game of the Year or Gold editions are even worse since it's usually just the game plus previously released DLC.[/QUOTE]

Defend them Pokemanz.

I do have to point out that those questioning the multiple versions of Pokemon aren't in any position to do so when quite a number of CAGs have quite the library of yearly sports titles.

[quote name='Trelow']Read that as jihad.
Looked lovingly at gun rack.
???
Profit![/QUOTE]

lol me too.

bread's done
Back