Gamestop Mystery Grab Bag PS3 / Xbox 360 / Wii $19.99. CAG16 and PUR discounts work. Check OP for reported games. Console Bundles Added.

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection. Wait, there's more? Yup, we failed to mention that there is also a chance your Mystery Grab Bag will include a "premium" preowned game valued up to $55! *

Playstation 3 Mystery Grab Bag

Xbox 360 Mystery Grab Bag

Reported Games:
PS3

$0.99
Madden 10 (disc only)

$2.99
Medal of Honor (no manual)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Disc only)
Madden NFL 2012 (missing manual)
Brink (complete)

$3.99
Duke Nukem Forever (complete)

$4.99
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)
Assassin's Creed 2 (disc only)
God of War 3
Uncharted 3
Rage
Metal Gear Solid 4

$6.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
NBA 2k13
Mass Effect 3
Hitman Absolution
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Infamous 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

$7.99
Wall-E (no manual)

$9.99
Soul Caliber IV
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty World of War

$12.99
Bejeweled 3

$17.99
Batman: Arkham Origins

$19.99
Spiderman 3 (disc only)

$24.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

Xbox 360

$2.99
Brink

$4.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution (no manual)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (complete)
Defiance (complete)
Madden 12
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)

NBA 2K11 (disc only)
NBA 2K12
$6.99
Bioshock 2
Fallout New Vegas (missing manual)
Max Payne 3 Single Player Disc Only (No Manual)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

$9.99
Peter Jackson's King Kong (disc only)
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Street Fighter IV (disc only)
Assassin's Creed 2
Halo Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Batman Arkham City
Forza 3

$14.99
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe

$18.99
Batman: Arkham Origin

$37.99
Titanfall

Wii

Monster Jam Urban Assault (disc/case)

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (disc/case)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (cib)

Metroid Prime 3 (cib)

Rayman Raving Rabbids: Complete.

MX vs ATV Untamed: No manual.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Complete

Lego Indiana Jones: No manual.

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga: Complete.

Disney Epic Mickey: Disc only.

Need for Speed Prostreet. No manual

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2: No manual.

LEGO STAR WAR COMPLETE SAGA (no Manuel or case)
WII SPORTS (no Manuel or case)
GAME PARTY 3 Complete
SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS complete

Epic Mickey

Star Wars Lego The Complete Saga

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Mario & Sonic Olympic Games

Star Wars The Complete Saga

Sonic Unleashed

Wario Land Shake It!

Super Mario Bros Wii

"Mystery Grab Bags" may not be so mysterious.
Got my two "grab bags" for 360......

One is.....

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (disc only)

Medal of Honor (disc only)

Armored Core 4 (with Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones manuals... wtf?)

and.. drum roll please....

Second one is...

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (missing manual)

Medal of Honor (complete)

Armored Core 4 (missing manual)

Kinda pissed, but I should have been half expecting this... games don't seem all the fucking random if they gave me two of each...

Calling them to see what my options are...

Playstation 3 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned PlayStation 3 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Xbox 360 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned Xbox 360 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned Xbox 360 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Wii Details

What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 4 preowned Nintendo Wii games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection!

Important Information

*Due to the complexity of the Mystery Grab Bag, all returns/defective exchanges must be handled through our Customer Care team by contacting 1-800-883-8895
-Not every Mystery Grab Bag will contain 5 games, however, it is guaranteed to contain at least 3.
-"Combined Value" is determined by the sum of the list price for each game.
Update: Cag 16 and PUR discount seem to be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling it has to do with gears of war
Speaking of, I met a team lead designer for EPIC at a Drs memorial (I work in hospital). I noticed his satchel bag had a decal that said EPIC on it. So I just brought it up.

He was on the Judgement team. I smiled and said "well it was definitely different". He agreed and was annoyed that he finally broke into EPIC to only be added to the Judgement team late in its production. He told me that even he thought the game was mediocre and not what Gears deserved.

He also worked on Infinity Blade which redeemed him some.

My grab bag only contained this photo. Thank you Gamestop

stock-photo-young-man-making-silence-gesture-shhhhh-161960543.jpg

I snagged an extra Shiny Gengar code while I was at Gamestop today and I feel bad for you poor bastards that got garbage from GS so the first person to quote this post and respond with either a video or a picture of the crap gamestop sent you will be PMed the code.
If I knew that somebody was going to make an offer like this then I would have bought one.

wow, another game of the year mystery bag, but do you only have 3 game instead of 5
Bioshock Infinite comes with the orignal Bioshock on PS3 copies of the game, so Gamestop counted that as an extra game (a $12.99 value).

http://youtu.be/7HeVE9YUPqA

here a video i found on youtube today idk if it been posted already or not though but i dont think it has

Damn Dreamer, Dealseeker4U... or 2U... or someone else seeking deals already posted that video.

http://youtu.be/anxYkNIsL6w

Here another one i found that was posted a hour ago And for those saying there are not pre selected bundles might want to check this video out two cause both grab bags were the same

http://youtu.be/anxYkNIsL6w

Here another one i found that was posted a hour ago And for those saying there are not pre selected bundles might want to check this video out two cause both grab bags were the same
Goddammit you stole my video! I was too stunned to be pissed off. Stunned that i got decent shit, but also stunned at exactly what i got. By the way, watch my cat videos!

I got sidetracked and didn't post it here yet. I wrote with more anger here: http://abloggymess.com/2014/10/17/cookies-crumbles-gamestop-ps3-mystery-grab-bag/ I have chilled a bit since then, lol.

The bad part is, it's not really that bad. I would have been pleased with that I could have given Uncharted to my friend and had other stuff to play. Customer service told me there are 6 different ones and that it's just chance to get the same bundle in the same box. Customer service was horrid. I was on the phone for what seemed like forever, and the guy clearly did not understand what my issue with it was. I would have been fine if a single game was duplicated, but not all 4. Bullshit man. I got CAG16 to stack with it, so I paid $15.11 each + tax.

I haven't decided if I am going to send it back. My friend wants the extra COD game, and I may just toss the duplicates on eBay and try to recoup a bit. I actually want Hitman and Metal Gear. Uncharted trades for $6 to eStarland, Hitman trades for 7.50, so in theory I could trade to them and get a chunk of my money back without dealing with Gamestop. I have some old stuff to trade there anyways. Then again, it could be an easy Christmas gift to someone.

One thing I didn't mention is the only game that is missing anything is that disc only CoD. Everything else is complete. I think by the time I finished opening it, I was just too pissed to look.

I don't see the $30, but maybe I am just missing it. That stuff is worth the asking price of $20. Eat a turd, Gamestop.

Ok, I am done with my incoherent rant for the evening.

I got the same four games in both of my ps3 sets.
Uncharted 3
COD WOW
MGS 4
Hitman
Calling for a refund and the total of the games is $27, not $30.
Goddamn Gamestop man. I am glad I wasn't the only one who got that hosed.

Like I said, we got decent bundles, just the duplicates kill it.

Makes me wonder how random they really are.

Ok. I see people posting on being able to return the bags. How do I return this? I hate my bags.
You have to call to send it back. They send you a UPS ticket. The guy told me to make sure to write something inside that says you want a refund, otherwise they will just swap them with other copies.

This thread is great. I'd like to get in on the fun except I'm not much of a gambler, I rarely play last gen games anymore, they're OOS right now, and I'm afraid I'd get this
il_570xN.442008329_ob4z.jpg

but it does seem better than Madden.

You have to call to send it back. They send you a UPS ticket. The guy told me to make sure to write something inside that says you want a refund, otherwise they will just swap them with other copies.
Great the guy didn't tell me that I had to write refund in the box. Looks I am getting new copies.

So glad I listened to that inner voice of common sense even though I really wanted to take the plunge against better judgement.  I'm not surprised that these are clearly pre-bundled sets of titles though.

I like how whoever predicted that Gamestop wouldn't bundle a SUPER MEGA VALUE $60 game with any of the packages......has so far been right.

Lol the irony that comes with people expecting shit... Getting shit... And then wanting to return said shit.
People have expected shit, but they aren't returning the shit because its shit. They are returning the shit because they got the exact same shit in the same order. That is just too much shit to accept.

Ok. I see people posting on being able to return the bags. How do I return this? I hate my bags.
Curious if Gamestop pays for the return shipping. They are probably better off doing a 3-5 game bundle for $19.99 and letting people choose, but then again I don't know how many people would buy DNF, Madden 09-12 and so on.

I would say lesson learned with Gamestop, but this won't stop people from jumping at the next deal.

"Gamestop pre-owned console grab bag for only $99.99!"

"Just ordered, hope I get a PS4 and an Xbox One!"

3 days go by.....

"God dammit, Gamestop!"(posts video of a pre-owned PS2 and a pre-owned Gamecube with one of the memory card doors broken off)

Gamestop needs to make the price 14.99 or 9.99 with 5 games better deal. this would be a good way to clean out some of there old games.

As if Gamestop would center deals around making their customers happy. They no doubt are very happy to have found a way to dump off their surplus of steaming poop with the need of using a jackhammer to do it.

As if Gamestop would center deals around making their customers happy. They no doubt are very happy to have found a way to dump off their surplus of steaming poop with the need of using a jackhammer to do it.
They are prob. trying to recoup the millions the owner has spent and lost on his sons stupid idea they showed on shark tank.

I would say lesson learned with Gamestop, but this won't stop people from jumping at the next deal.

"Gamestop pre-owned console grab bag for only $99.99!"

"Just ordered, hope I get a PS4 and an Xbox One!"

3 days go by.....

"God dammit, Gamestop!"(posts video of a pre-owned PS2 and a pre-owned Gamecube with one of the memory card doors broken off)
Link pls.

Sony needs to give an update that lets us delete 0% games on the trophy list.

Goddammit you stole my video! I was too stunned to be pissed off. Stunned that i got decent shit, but also stunned at exactly what i got. By the way, watch my cat videos!

I got sidetracked and didn't post it here yet. I wrote with more anger here: http://abloggymess.com/2014/10/17/cookies-crumbles-gamestop-ps3-mystery-grab-bag/ I have chilled a bit since then, lol.

The bad part is, it's not really that bad. I would have been pleased with that I could have given Uncharted to my friend and had other stuff to play. Customer service told me there are 6 different ones and that it's just chance to get the same bundle in the same box. Customer service was horrid. I was on the phone for what seemed like forever, and the guy clearly did not understand what my issue with it was. I would have been fine if a single game was duplicated, but not all 4. Bullshit man. I got CAG16 to stack with it, so I paid $15.11 each + tax.

I haven't decided if I am going to send it back. My friend wants the extra COD game, and I may just toss the duplicates on eBay and try to recoup a bit. I actually want Hitman and Metal Gear. Uncharted trades for $6 to eStarland, Hitman trades for 7.50, so in theory I could trade to them and get a chunk of my money back without dealing with Gamestop. I have some old stuff to trade there anyways. Then again, it could be an easy Christmas gift to someone.

One thing I didn't mention is the only game that is missing anything is that disc only CoD. Everything else is complete. I think by the time I finished opening it, I was just too pissed to look.

I don't see the $30, but maybe I am just missing it. That stuff is worth the asking price of $20. Eat a turd, Gamestop.

Ok, I am done with my incoherent rant for the evening.
I felt the same way when I got two of the exact same bundle... wondering what kind of dick would pull such a troll move..

I felt the same way when I got two of the exact same bundle... wondering what kind of dick would pull such a troll move..
Too much effort to be a troll. They are already bundled with the rubber band, guy grabs 2 and sticks them in the box without even looking at them.

They are prob. trying to recoup the millions the owner has spent and lost on his sons stupid idea they showed on shark tank.
Lol, I saw that on shark tank too and sort of thought the same thing.

People have expected shit, but they aren't returning the shit because its shit. They are returning the shit because they got the exact same shit in the same order. That is just too much shit to accept.
Holy shit!

Well this thread has been entertaining, got two coming on Monday(i am a sucker/gambler?), will update when I get them.  Hoping to get the one with Farcry 3 and Bayonetta as I have not played either yet.

Well this thread has been entertaining, got two coming on Monday(i am a sucker/gambler?), will update when I get them. Hoping to get the one with Farcry 3 and Bayonetta as I have not played either yet.
Good luck. Surprised how much those are going for used. Which system? Walmart has them used for about $10 each, and they should come with original cases. I've been buying quite a few used games from Walmart.com lately.

So far the premium titles are Titanfall and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.  It would be awesome to get all premium titles.  I don't care if they are disc only at this price point.

If I ever plan to order one of these I think I'll do just one bag and wait a while. I wouldn't want to deal with sending stuff back because it was the same stuff. 

Care to give a one or two sentence synopsis of the idea? I don't feel like searching for it (and I don't watch Shark Tank out of principle).
No, I don't feel like writing about it (and I don't google for others out of principle)

:p Daddy gave them 2 million dollars if I remember correctly to develop the idea.

bread's done
Back