Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Redbox flips are the best flips. Extremely easy to double your money. GS trades don't typically have that much return (typically you get 1.5x the value if you're lucky).

Always left the stickers on. Have never had an issue trading them in. Inquisitive looks, yes, but no straight up denials. Do NOT trade them in the Redbox case though, and like the poster above said, mix them in with a couple other games if you can help it.
Traded in my first Redbox game the other day and I had placed an empty GS sleeve in the sack to swap out with the Redbox case and then totally forgot before I went in the store. They took it in the case no problems thankfully.

What do you mean exactly? You were able to pre-order while in-store of a GameStop, or were you able to order it via the website for in-store pickup? I have one pre-ordered from last night but ship to my address, would love to be able to pick up at a store instead to save on shipping. I had also tried pre-ordering while in a store last night around 8pm but their POS wouldn't allow it at the time.
Sorry for the late reply, but I pre-purchased it in store and it is shipping to my address. I put the detective pikachu amiibo on the order too and got free 2 day shipping .

Anyone have experience with GameStop replacements? I ordered secret of mana and they sent it mail innovations. It had been two weeks and nothing had changed in tracking for a week. I called they sent a replacement. The thing is the first one showed up today in the mail and the replacement is coming ups tonight? Is it safe to keep both or could I be double charged? Thanks

Edit: nm called GameStop they said just keep both and I wouldn’t be charged or if I wanted I could return it to a local store.

Will pro day coupons work today?  Says they expire 3/15/2018.  Also, most of the new release titles I tried to look up trade values on aren't listed on BB's site yet (MH World, Dissidia, Digimon Story).  Are they not taking those in trade yet?

Can someone confirm that the 50% bonus scratch-off works on accessories, too, even though it says games?

Will pro day coupons work today? Says they expire 3/15/2018. Also, most of the new release titles I tried to look up trade values on aren't listed on BB's site yet (MH World, Dissidia, Digimon Story). Are they not taking those in trade yet?
best buy trade in is, for the most part, a dumpster fire

...i think the vouchers expire today. the points are just added to your overall pool when redeemed.
Cool, thanks! I only redeemed a 15,000 points scratch card, but was panicking at the possibility of them removing the points from my pool after today. Planning to use them tomorrow to grab Burnout.

Well shoot, that's my bad. My 50% coupon says 3/14 expiration on my "Active Offers" page but the coupon itself says 3/15. Weird.
It's how they do business. I panicked last night because I forgot to save mine to PDF before midnight but luckily they were still there. If you still have access to those coupons they should work.

Can someone remind me what day we are supposed to receive the 50% bonus coupon for buying a new switch game on switch birthday?

There goes that plan. Thanks again. I don’t know why I didn’t save the details for this promo. Guess I’ll ha e to spend the rest of my vacation spending time with my family instead.

Not to defend GS, but you know they do stock checks, right? What's also possible is GS saw inventories of certain games go down quite a bit and decided to raise those prices. It's not a new idea. Really no different than when Amazon drops and raises their prices within hours or sometimes even minutes. GameStop is just slower to respond given they're b&m.
They do - when there's about to be a sale. It's why they bump up the price of most sub-4.99 games right before a 4/10, or when they had the multi-leveled 4/10; 4/40 deal going months ago, they raised the price of every single game in between the ranges so that it seemed like a better deal. And then in the weeks that follow a specific type of sale, they slowly drop the prices back down of most of the games they'd just raised. It's not terribly complicated, it's just meant to provide the illusion of a discount while keeping games mostly the same price.

They do always miss some, though, and then, combined with ridiculous glitches, tend to be where the deals come from :)

They do - when there's about to be a sale. It's why they bump up the price of most sub-4.99 games right before a 4/10, or when they had the multi-leveled 4/10; 4/40 deal going months ago, they raised the price of every single game in between the ranges so that it seemed like a better deal. And then in the weeks that follow a specific type of sale, they slowly drop the prices back down of most of the games they'd just raised. It's not terribly complicated, it's just meant to provide the illusion of a discount while keeping games mostly the same price.

They do always miss some, though, and then, combined with ridiculous glitches, tend to be where the deals come from :)
I'm well aware of them doing that ahead of a 4/$10 and other like promos. All I was saying is that changes like this mid-way through a sale may actually be the result of another factor.

As for glitches, dealing with GS.com is such a headache that it's seldom worth the cost of entry.

Everyday I think I’m about to be banned, instead I walk out with new friends. I actually confessed after the end of tonight’s transaction since they seemed to kinda know what I was up to. Then they each showed me their rewards accounts and how they cleaned up all the red boxes around the area. They each had over 1,000,000 rewards points on separate accounts they used for trade ins. KINGS AMONG MEN!

App is showing top tier switch games bumped to $35 base TIV.

Not showing on Web site yet.

46b4b489d034837d17eaab5f7c5ef37c.jpg

App is showing top tier switch games bumped to $35 base TIV.

Not showing on Web site yet.

46b4b489d034837d17eaab5f7c5ef37c.jpg
40% is still active too. This could get even more interesting if values hold til the 18th or whenever the switch coupon goes into effect (I suspect it will be 70% bonus w/ elite)

Also $10 extra TIV coupon is still active if you have one, and that's a little better than 40%. Also no preorder required.
What are eligible titles for the extra $10 coupon? It says select on it but doesn’t give a list and I know it was posted a couple of weeks back. Also, does the coupon apply the $10 extra towards each game traded in the transaction or just one game?

Holy $*it! ! Lots of bumps.
Switch games and yooka laylee apparently got bumped !
[attachment=29828:F4089B6E-EFC9-47D5-8CE2-5A02B1FAC6F0.jpeg]

Might be time to renew PUR to get a B2G1 if the 50% coupon hits/stacks and TIVs hold.

Has anyone received their 50% extra coupon for buying a featured Switch game? It’s supposed to be delivered by tomorrow and valid the 19-25th.

What are eligible titles for the extra $10 coupon? It says select on it but doesn’t give a list and I know it was posted a couple of weeks back. Also, does the coupon apply the $10 extra towards each game traded in the transaction or just one game?
See picture in next post. And yes I believe based on previous reports you get 20% from elite (0r 10% if pro) + $10 on each. So up to $52 per switch game.

The BB Switch games that are on sale this week also got a bump. If you don’t have a $10 coupon, the $5 extra per Switch game traded is also still valid. Not as good as the $10, but better than the 40%.

Or if you can find the titles at different stores once you round them up you could do a return rebuy with a B2G1 at the last store. More leg work so you'll have to make the call of it's worth it or not.
Got a lot of stores near me, seems like switch games are the only games worth using the b2g1 on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back