Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is kinda OT, but with the talks of a GS buyout, does anyone have any recommendations on what to do with giftcard balances and unused PUR points? 

I was gonna wait until BF this year and cash out since I literally have not stepped inside a Gamestop in over a year. I used to shop there all the time but it's been fairly easy to find better deals elsewhere. 

Even with all this talk of a buyout I'm hesitant to go nuts and trade in a bunch of stuff. As others suggested it might be worth it to cut down on my credit

gamestop wont disappear immediately even in a worst case scenario 

im holding onto a lot of credit until the next playstation.

Had my "this is the last straw" frustrating GS experience last weekend, so I'm cashing in my chips and getting out, especially now that I've read that they're in talks/taking offers to be bought out.

I've got a couple hundred in trade credit on my card, so... other than physical items (that would have to be resold or traded somewhere else) what can I move this credit into for the most bang? I'm pretty sure gift cards are out, but wasn't sure what else they'd discontinued allowing trade to be put towards.
Maybe some XBL, PSN and/or Nintendo credit or subs? Probably not the whole $200 but some of it maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI, the first page isn’t being updated because the thread creator is no longer active. Make sure you reference the GS site for current trade promos, etc. I reached out to CheapyD about getting a new thread owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back