Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I traded in my PS4, I deactivate the system then did a quick wipe of the system. After that I go back in and create a generic account on a wired internet connection (don't want to leave wireless info on system). When I get to GS, they plug it in and power it up, read what the system has (hdd size) and try a game. It usually takes less than 10 minutes. I have traded in 2 PS4s before (TIV too good to pass up).

No, never trust GameStop employees to reset your system. EVER. I did not reset my OG Xbox One when I traded it in for a PS4 2 and a half years ago. 2-3 weeks later my Debit Card connected to my Gamertag gets Xbox marketplace charges totaling almost $200. I did not delete ANYTHING from my console, fully expecting the GameStop employee(s) to wipe my console. Now I know that its my fault for not clearing my console myself beforehand or at the very least double-checking during the trade-in to make sure that the employee did in fact remember to wipe my system but the incompetence of GameStop employees can never be underestimated.
I would say apathy, not incompetence.

It will definitely get reset by the employee.
They only remove accts not reset. I once got a preowned XB1 during their b2g1 where the original owner still had the console listed as home console even though their acct and games were no longer on it. I was able to access all their games, just had to DL all of them from Games/App. I only remember thus coz they bought Halo 5 and it only been a few wks since its release lol.
Before I traded in my PS4, I deactivate the system then did a quick wipe of the system. After that I go back in and create a generic account on a wired internet connection (don't want to leave wireless info on system). When I get to GS, they plug it in and power it up, read what the system has (hdd size) and try a game. It usually takes less than 10 minutes. I have traded in 2 PS4s before (TIV too good to pass up).
Ugh I keep forgetting to remove my WiFi info, is there a way the next buyer can retrieve my WiFi info from the console? Omg what if my neighbor buys it, yikes! Lol
I always do put a generic acct on it tho...

No, never trust GameStop employees to reset your system. EVER. I did not reset my OG Xbox One when I traded it in for a PS4 2 and a half years ago. 2-3 weeks later my Debit Card connected to my Gamertag gets Xbox marketplace charges totaling almost $200. I did not delete ANYTHING from my console, fully expecting the GameStop employee(s) to wipe my console. Now I know that its my fault for not clearing my console myself beforehand or at the very least double-checking during the trade-in to make sure that the employee did in fact remember to wipe my system but the incompetence of GameStop employees can never be underestimated.
Same. When it happened to me, I just thought my psn account somehow got compromised. However, it just hit me that I traded in my PS4 not long before that little incident. Cost me $50, and could have been out more had I not caught it quickly. Luckily Sony was good and granted me a refund.

I would say apathy, not incompetence.
You're right, it can very well be that too.

Same. When it happened to me, I just thought my psn account somehow got compromised. However, it just hit me that I traded in my PS4 not long before that little incident. Cost me $50, and could have been out more had I not caught it quickly. Luckily Sony was good and granted me a refund.
Yeah unfortunately for me instead of going to Microsoft customer service I went to my bank to dispute the charges. While I was temporarily given a credit, a few months later my claim was reversed because Microsoft disputed my claim. At that point I basically needed a lawyer for $200 so I just let the whole situation go and ate the loss.

Yeah unfortunately for me instead of going to Microsoft customer service I went to my bank to dispute the charges. While I was temporarily given a credit, a few months later my claim was reversed because Microsoft disputed my claim. At that point I basically needed a lawyer for $200 so I just let the whole situation go and ate the loss.
well there you go, next time go to Microsoft which would've been the proper channel. Sony would've just banned your account and remove your games

I try and avoid going through the bank after I got royally jerked around by mine (Wells Fargo). Like you said, the companies disputed my dispute, and I lost, and I end up getting charged the amount. First time I bought something from Staples with my debit card, Staples cancelled the order, and for whatever reason they wouldn't just refund it to my debit card (I can't remember the specifics, but they took a long ass time to refund me). Second time I had hundreds of dollars fraudulently charged to my credit card for Lyft. Both times, my bank (which my debit and credit card are through) acted like there was pretty much nothing they could do. I was persistent though and kept calling in, probably a dozne or more times each incident, until they finally made things right.

That's why I am so happy some banks like capital one have an option to lock your card when not in use. If I could, I would opt into that option for all my accounts that I don't have reoccurring charges.

well there you go, next time go to Microsoft which would've been the proper channel. Sony would've just banned your account and remove your games
Next time? Every console I've traded-in since then I at the very least delete my Gamertag/PSN from the console....

I think the only reason I was not banned by Microsoft was because it was not a credit card situation with a chargeback. It was my debit card so I just got a credit from my bank, the charges were not actually reversed.

Can anyone confirm the 4 for $20 is dead? The weekly ad said it was good until the 19th, but I see the 4 for $10 on the app now. I did a WIS for some $9.99 PS3 games to have adjusted when they arrive, and of course they got pushed back from Saturday to tomorrow.

Did a couple trades today and the employee was so awesome and didn't even open half of the games to check them, not a single refurb fee. I just traded some stuff that I thought might tank between now and the next 70%. If anyone wants to convert points into credit, Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze work well if there are any pre-owned copies. 

Also one of the guys that traded before me brought in two Wii Systems and about 10 extra remotes. I guess somebody won't be trading again for a while.

Guys I need help. I bought 1 year of PS Plus on Friday and idk what happened but I lost the receipt and there was the code for the PS Plus. Do you guys know if there’s any way they can provide me with another code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it show up as a digital purchase on GameStop.com or in the app? Probably not but maybe worth a look.

I just looked and I guess I bought a year of PSN in November. It shows up there for me. Along with several $10 PSN codes.

Does it show up as a digital purchase on GameStop.com or in the app? Probably not but maybe worth a look.

I just looked and I guess I bought a year of PSN in November. It shows up there for me. Along with several $10 PSN codes.
No I already check and I don’t have it. I guess I lost my $50 [emoji20]

I only have the transaction with the PSPlus SKU

No I already check and I don’t have it. I guess I lost my $50 [emoji20]

I only have the transaction with the PSPlus SKU

It's a hassle, but if you go to the GS you bought it from, the manager can potentially look up the receipt in their system and reprint it. It's a major pain in the ass, and some associates don't even know it's possible, so GL

It's a hassle, but if you go to the GS you bought it from, the manager can potentially look up the receipt in their system and reprint it. It's a major pain in the ass, and some associates don't even know it's possible, so GL
I’m hoping that it takes a while for the code to appear on My Power Up Digital Locker otherwise I’m screwed

Can anyone confirm the 4 for $20 is dead? The weekly ad said it was good until the 19th, but I see the 4 for $10 on the app now. I did a WIS for some $9.99 PS3 games to have adjusted when they arrive, and of course they got pushed back from Saturday to tomorrow.
If you view the ad online, it does say that it ends the 17th. They may have change it to that.

Yeah as a note companies actually lose money on chargebacks (the reversed money AND a fee from the bank) so they will almost always try to dispute them even if they know it's fraud. Always go to them first, a lot of companies have procedures for dealing with fraud and it's way faster than a chargeback.

I deal with them at my job and it sucks to see people wait a month to maybe get their money from a chargeback whereas if they just contacted us and let us know, I could resolve it within the week.

Yeah as a note companies actually lose money on chargebacks (the reversed money AND a fee from the bank) so they will almost always try to dispute them even if they know it's fraud. Always go to them first, a lot of companies have procedures for dealing with fraud and it's way faster than a chargeback.

I deal with them at my job and it sucks to see people wait a month to maybe get their money from a chargeback whereas if they just contacted us and let us know, I could resolve it within the week.
I used to do that type of work as well. Still at the same company, but just a different department. Credit card disputes can take forever versus waiting the standard 2-3 business days.

Guys I need help. I bought 1 year of PS Plus on Friday and idk what happened but I lost the receipt and there was the code for the PS Plus. Do you guys know if there’s any way they can provide me with another code?

If you are a pur member and it was code on your receipt check the app. There will be a copy of the code in the digital locker.

here I was expecting the potential %70 bonus (50 promo + 20 elite bonus)....

they screwed it all up by adding the elite vs pro and using that to act like it's something special.

All I see is decreased trade promos.  Especially if you're not elite

For anyone who may have received the double points coupon already...  Did it come by email and/or show up in the app?  What are the valid dates?  If you placed multiple pre-orders did you get more than 1 coupon? Does it look like it's a unique single use code or something generic?

Gamestop's Facebook post on it make it seem like it would come on the 21st.  I'm just trying to plan ahead and sort my trades, I have LOTS to take in and had made 2 different pre-orders at different stores.

Found it in my car. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Awesome that you found it! Going forward, chant this phrase every time you walk into a GS:

"Email receipts are your friend. Please send a receipt to my email."

Even though I do that every time I walk into a GS (well, not really), the associates are so used to doing print receipts that their muscle memory sometimes refuses to allow anything but a physical receipt.

For anyone who may have received the double points coupon already... Did it come by email and/or show up in the app? What are the valid dates? If you placed multiple pre-orders did you get more than 1 coupon? Does it look like it's a unique single use code or something generic?

Gamestop's Facebook post on it make it seem like it would come on the 21st. I'm just trying to plan ahead and sort my trades, I have LOTS to take in and had made 2 different pre-orders at different stores.
It was in my active offers Saturday morning. Used it that day on a huge trade/purchase. So far I only got the standard elite pro amount of points for the transaction. If I remember correctly the valid date was till the end of August.

here I was expecting the potential %70 bonus (50 promo + 20 elite bonus)....

they screwed it all up by adding the elite vs pro and using that to act like it's something special.

All I see is decreased trade promos. Especially if you're not elite
Well, who knows how real the 70% ever was...after all this is the internet.

@ Geese - Thanks for sharing your experience with trading in your Xbox One. All the more reason for me to keep my VCR model. That, and the fact that my TV only does 1080 resolution. Will buy an external hard drive soon.
I would have just traded in for an S. If that power brick dies your out of luck as the adapter is discontinued & the third party ones suck b/c they shut off if they are remotely touched.

Plus the S is 1/2 size & runs much quieter.

When is the 4 for $10 start? What games are u getting?

I’m thinking of getting painkiller Ps3, but not sure what else. I have both Xbox 360, Ps3. I was thinking of getting reasonance of fate, but not sure what is better on Ps3 or Xbox 360?

Off topic but is there any issues to be wary of with the xbox one x? Local Letgo member has one for sale for 325. Was going to purchase new for 450 but 325 is very tempting

Make sure the hard drive isnt bad on it friend of mine has gone through xbox one x already due to some faulty hard drive issue that is a known issue i guess.

When is the 4 for $10 start? What games are u getting?

I’m thinking of getting painkiller Ps3, but not sure what else. I have both Xbox 360, Ps3. I was thinking of getting reasonance of fate, but not sure what is better on Ps3 or Xbox 360?
4 for $20 must have ended yesterday as I tried to buy 4 9.99 games today and they rang up $7.99 each. They had signs up for the 4 for $10 in the store also so that must have started this morning.

Aside from whatever hard drive issue mentioned above the X seems like a damn good console , small quiet solid , hard to smudge, no power brick , no capacitive touch sensitive buttons

Had my "this is the last straw" frustrating GS experience last weekend, so I'm cashing in my chips and getting out, especially now that I've read that they're in talks/taking offers to be bought out.

I've got a couple hundred in trade credit on my card, so... other than physical items (that would have to be resold or traded somewhere else) what can I move this credit into for the most bang? I'm pretty sure gift cards are out, but wasn't sure what else they'd discontinued allowing trade to be put towards.

Had my "this is the last straw" frustrating GS experience last weekend, so I'm cashing in my chips and getting out, especially now that I've read that they're in talks/taking offers to be bought out.

I've got a couple hundred in trade credit on my card, so... other than physical items (that would have to be resold or traded somewhere else) what can I move this credit into for the most bang? I'm pretty sure gift cards are out, but wasn't sure what else they'd discontinued allowing trade to be put towards.
Use it to buy Southwest gift cards. That way GS can pay for your vacation one last time.

I bought some switch games using the b2g1 coupon, and flipped them on Facebook marketplace. Asked $45/each, and got a bunch of offers for $35-ish. At the very least, you shouldn't have issues selling them at cost (if you have elite, that's a little less than $31 apiece). Not sure if the coupons still work on multiple sets of 3, but buying and reselling is probably the best way of cashing out. That and it will help you get rid of some of your purse points.

Aside from whatever hard drive issue mentioned above the X seems like a damn good console , small quiet solid , hard to smudge, no power brick , no capacitive touch sensitive buttons
I mean, exclusives aside on Sony's end, the X has been consistently out classing the Pro on platform comparisons, so if you're willing to put the money commitment into the MS ecosystem it's not a bad choice at all, plus you get 4k bluray playback, which Sony never went in on

I would have just traded in for an S. If that power brick dies your out of luck as the adapter is discontinued & the third party ones suck b/c they shut off if they are remotely touched.

Plus the S is 1/2 size & runs much quieter.
Perhaps at some point. I don't have the money to upgrade to the S model at the moment, and I definitely wasn't trading towards a Switch since I'm pretty much done with Nintendo. My VCR model might fail, but we're not talking red rings of death here. I haven't really noticed that it's loud either, but I mainly play Spelunky, do daily Bing searches, and watch porn on it.

I have about 10 games to trade in totaling $100 base - question for the pros
1) is this promo worth it / or should I wait
I don’t have any pro membership - so 30% is the best I can do I think

Depends on the games honestly. If it's Nintendo games I would hold out for the potential stealth bump

Anyone have any idea what this promo is? Maybe for a console?

GameStop said:
GET $30 EXTRA CREDIT

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 6/18/18 - 7/22/18.

Perhaps at some point. I don't have the money to upgrade to the S model at the moment, and I definitely wasn't trading towards a Switch since I'm pretty much done with Nintendo. My VCR model might fail, but we're not talking red rings of death here. I haven't really noticed that it's loud either, but I mainly play Spelunky, do daily Bing searches, and watch porn on it.
Wait, those are two different things.

Is a b2g1 coupon worth $5 to you? If so I'd upgrade to a Pro membership and trade the games for $140 (well $125 after putting $15 towards the bpro membership, instead of $130 you'd get if you were to just trade them in without a membership).

It's not good bang for your buck, but the no hassle way is buy giftcards to sell online (e.g. Cardpool). Whole Foods can get you 83% ROI cash, 88% if you get Amazon credit. Again, not a great return, but hassle free.

It's not good bang for your buck, but the no hassle way is buy giftcards to sell online (e.g. Cardpool). Whole Foods can get you 83% ROI cash, 88% if you get Amazon credit. Again, not a great return, but hassle free.
So you can still buy Amazon GC with GS credit? Everything I've seen says otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back