Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
So any good offers for renewing my gamestop membership?

I see you get a BUY2GET1 coupon when you renew. That might be worth the extra $15, since I get a free game and 10% used games.

Would cag16 and 10% from card stack?

Madden 18 is a decent GS-->BB credit mover. On sale for $29.99, trades in for about $27.xx with GCU bonus.

I did it just so I can get that sweet Last Jedi 4K Steelbook.

Spotted four sf0 sealed and thought about buying all 4 for cheap Wii u cases but realized I don't own a Wii u.
Also worth realizing that sf0 could have been at least a mediocre to good game had Nintendo not forcefully broken it by imposing motion controls and giving players no option to use their pro. Easily among the worst first party games Nintendo has released, and sadly, by Miyamoto, too.

Well, this is a new one. I pulled my elite pro card out of my wallet to punch in the numbers for an online order and the PIN has worn off the card. Has anyone else had this issue and was it a hassle to get a replacement?

Well, this is a new one. I pulled my elite pro card out of my wallet to punch in the numbers for an online order and the PIN has worn off the card. Has anyone else had this issue and was it a hassle to get a replacement?
Info is in the app. Also, app has a digital card with scannable barcode you can use in store.

They will push you towards app or website. In store associates will tell you to just use your phone number. This is usually what they do for lost cards, so I would think it's similar. Never seen/heard of anyone getting a replacement.

They gave a used SF0 with box. Funny how it doesn't come with Guard, but I've got an idea where to find a sealed copy with both games  ;)

Any way to get free shipping without being Elite pro?

Can I use a $30 gift card,10% off from card, and CAG16  with buy2g1 coupon?

Any way to get free shipping without being Elite pro?

Can I use a $30 gift card,10% off from card, and CAG16 with buy2g1 coupon?
You could do store pickup if that is an option.

Which B2G1 coupon are you using? I'm assuming the 10% is from a regular elite membership. They should be able to used in a transaction except for maybe CAG16. Reading older posts for CAG16 online I see mixed answers of it working or not. The price should be something like:

[(Sum of two highest price games*.90)+Tax+Shipping/Handling]-$30 giftcard= remaining balance due

You could do store pickup if that is an option.

Which B2G1 coupon are you using? I'm assuming the 10% is from a regular elite membership. They should be able to used in a transaction except for maybe CAG16. Reading older posts for CAG16 online I see mixed answers of it working or not. The price should be something like:

[(Sum of two highest price games*.90)+Tax+Shipping/Handling]-$30 giftcard= remaining balance due
Going to renew sub, so will get b2g1 coupon for renewing.

will I get 400 in trade towards a ps4 pro for a gears of war 4 TB Xbox one X

GS employees at least at my local stores are still having trouble returning stuff with packing slips. He wound up returning me the full amount without discount and in cash as well. I wasn't going to complain that I got more but I also had to explain to him that the 7 day return policy starts when the item is delivered. I also wound up getting two copies of the starfox zero bundle from two different stores. I got the copy of the store floor and the box was a mess. It still had the $19.99 price tag and when the cashier went to get the copies they were sealed. I told him it was on  sale and then another cashier stepped in and told him GS was selling the new copies as "used". They were debating among themselves as to what price to give it to me for but they still wound up giving it to me for $4.99. The next store had the bundle in really good condition with a used price tag on the box with the games sealed. Really good deal. GS still has issues tho. The employees are clueless in to what the hell is going on.  :shame:

Don't remember where the discussion was for the 40% off pre-owned games coupons was from last week. I ended up combining mine with a $10 certificate to get xenoblade chronicles 3ds for $20 after tax. Even though the coupon made it sound like it was good for multiple games, it only counted towards one.

Glad to finally get the game I bought my new 3ds for almost 2 years ago. Figured it's more getting cheaper any time soon

Got 4 sealed star foxes for $10. Also had a 40% off used games coupon and the employee was nice and found a bunch of games I was looking for in the drawers and in the back, but when he rang up the coupon it only worked on one game. Stupid me for assuming it worked on multiple games I guess. Got a complete Kid Icarus, though without the cardboard box or stand, for $15 after coupon. Good price I guess?

Edit: Ha, the guy above me posted at the same time also about the 40% coupon. Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was usable on multiple games.

How are Gamestops refurbished 3DS's? I dont shop at Gamestop but they have some special edition n3DSXL's for $120 refurbished. Just want to know what to expect going in.

Got A Splinter Cell Conviction for xbox 360 in the 4 for $10.  It is still listed as $4.99 on their site - hasn't been hit with the X1 BC tax yet.

I combined that with Assassin's Creed (BC with 4K patch), Elder Scrolls Online for X1, and Halo ODST (X1 BC) for $17.13 after shipping and tax.  Comes out to $4.28 each.  Currently AC and SS:C are $7.99 and $9.99 on XBL.

So after seeing the earlier responses to the question about getting $200 dollars for each console towards a PS4 Pro. I decided to trade in my PS4 slim 500gb model and Xbox One S Gears 4 version towards a PS4 Pro and got $200 dollars for each easily. I don't know why the other person in this thread didn't get the extra bonus on his original Xbox One but I guess results may vary by store.

So after seeing the earlier responses to the question about getting $200 dollars for each console towards a PS4 Pro. I decided to trade in my PS4 slim 500gb model and Xbox One S Gears 4 version towards a PS4 Pro and got $200 dollars for each easily. I don't know why the other person in this thread didn't get the extra bonus on his original Xbox One but I guess results may vary by store.
Did you trade in both at the same time, and tell them during trade-in that you wanted to buy a PS4 Pro? Based on the weekly ad, both console you traded in are $200 each when going towards PS4 Pro, so that sounds great to me. I’m looking to trade in a launch PS4 and launch Xbox (like previous poster), and the weekly ad shows the PS4 going for $200 and the Xbox going for $150.

I’m still debating if I want to go through with the deal. I’d love to get rid of my launch PS4 for a PS4 Pro, but don’t want to pay $200 out-of-pocket. I’m still trying to decide if I want to let go of my Xbox, even though I havne’t used it in months, have let my Gold sub lapse, and I’m not too bummed about giving up the digital games I own on it.

Star Fox Zero for Wii U is the best selling game in the Wii U category on GameStop.com.

I picked up a few copies at a local store earlier this week. Great deal!

I gotta ask, why is everyone so interested in buying all these copies of Star Fox Zero? Did I miss something about it?
It's the only "Platinum Games" title I don't own. Nintendo sabotaged the game but I feel like I might get a good few hours out of it eventually.

How are Gamestops refurbished 3DS's? I dont shop at Gamestop but they have some special edition n3DSXL's for $120 refurbished. Just want to know what to expect going in.
i saw one they brought out to see if they had one, they keep it in a box unless you specifically ask to see it

its paint was worn out around everywhere you would put your hands. make sure you see it before you buy. its no different than a used system aside from having been broken before

Did you trade in both at the same time, and tell them during trade-in that you wanted to buy a PS4 Pro? Based on the weekly ad, both console you traded in are $200 each when going towards PS4 Pro, so that sounds great to me. I’m looking to trade in a launch PS4 and launch Xbox (like previous poster), and the weekly ad shows the PS4 going for $200 and the Xbox going for $150.

I’m still debating if I want to go through with the deal. I’d love to get rid of my launch PS4 for a PS4 Pro, but don’t want to pay $200 out-of-pocket. I’m still trying to decide if I want to let go of my Xbox, even though I havne’t used it in months, have let my Gold sub lapse, and I’m not too bummed about giving up the digital games I own on it.
Yes I told the manage that was helping me to trade them both in the same time for the Pro. Originally the value without obtaining the Pro would $180 dollars each. But with the trades towards the Pro they both got an extra $20 bucks each.

It varies greatly, but n3DSXL is probably the only console in the 3DS family that has let me down. The paint cracked and rubbed off then the DPad started sticking.

I bought a Hyrule Edition from the website a few weeks ago and it is in very good shape. There are a few scratches on the outside but the inside and buttons are pretty much mint. I did purchase and ended up returning one I bought at a store that had some button issues and the other two I looked at had some cosmetic issues. But the one I got is dual ips as well so I am very happy about that. I think the hyrule editions have the best chance at being dual ips and the newer ones are mostly tn from what I’ve seen.

I've bought many GameStop refurbished new 3ds XL in the past 6 months. Most were in great condition; however, one had button issues, one had a bad screen, several had specks of dust under the screen, one Hyrule had dual TN, most had some scratches or scuffs. Overall very happy with the purchases, but be ready to check it and return it ASAP if it has problems.

I just picked up a 4k tv, so I'm thinking about doing something similar....I have a launch ps4, do you know if it for sure will get $200 towards the pro?

Looks like they were the Chief Operating Officer and executive vice president of strategic business and brand development.

Yes I told the manage that was helping me to trade them both in the same time for the Pro. Originally the value without obtaining the Pro would $180 dollars each. But with the trades towards the Pro they both got an extra $20 bucks each.
Awesome, thanks so much. Fingers crossed I can get the full $350 when I go in today or tomorrow to try this deal. Worst case I'll get $315.

When trading in an Xbox One, do you format before taking it in or after?

I forgot if they need it formatted or not.
You can format it, but make sure you go through the setup process before taking it in. If they still want to take it from you and choose to go through that process, it makes the trade-in experience a long one.

Bruddhas an sistas. I went to de games stop and de employee denied me trades because dey said do not take passports as id.
Are you sure it wasn’t because they don’t like tired memes? That sounds like discrimination against the lame..

I traded one system in for the pro, then returned the pro then traded in the 2nd system for the returned system.  

I traded one system in for the pro, then returned the pro then traded in the 2nd system for the returned system.
Watch out for JD when you do this. Some employees take their job too seriously and can flag you account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks you can't use B2G1 coupon on online orders.

People were telling me to buy 3 games online, return them to gamestop and rebuy with B2G1 coupon. Just feels like too much trouble.

The games i want are not in stock USED for 50 miles, so won't be able to buy them together.

Also how long does it take to renew my PUR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back