Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a decent profit on flipping broken consoles?
there is with this trade bumb. I got ~155 for my original with a bad controller after tax. Not a bad haul if u can find a broken one online for say $50 and it has everything needed for a trade in. Just make sure the warranty sticker is still intact.

Ok.

The PS4 pro deal is OVER. It ended Sunday.

Stop bringing it up.

There is a "get up to $350" promo that is not tied towards buying ANYTHING.

It's right in the ad what the values for each system are.
The new values are on the last page of this weeks ad. Trade values show up in store when you ring the system up not online. I'm about to flip some broken ps4s.
DtVpmZc.png

for those visual learners
Thanks for pounding it into my head. I'm glad that Sunday was a "low energy" day for me and I didn't trade in my Halo 5 console because I wasn't excited about the lower TIV. Now it's back up to where I felt comfortable trading it in.

Was there a daily limit on pur certificate used? I know about 3 in a transaction and different denominations, but what about same denominations but different store?
The "limit 3 per transaction" also isn't a thing. I've used 4 and 5 certs in one transaction just fine.

It's supposed to be 3 per, according to the rules. So if you have a cashier who is going by the book, they won't take more than 3. But the system will allow more than three if you can get them to scan them.

I have never been allowed more than three, per the rules, but when I posted them a few months back I was jumped all over for "giving people false information".
I guess it is a YMMV situation. At the store where I used five I had no problems, but at the store where I used four I had to convince them to let me try.

Online the Switch value is 180...so it must be bumped to 200 in store.  Add 25% and that gets it up to $250.  

Called in the store and they confirmed this.  Wish is was $250 plus 25% but oh well...

Online the Switch value is 180...so it must be bumped to 200 in store. Add 25% and that gets it up to $250.

Called in the store and they confirmed this. Wish is was $250 plus 25% but oh well...
I know Gamestop likes to make it as confusing as possible

I'm totally out of my element, but isn't $200 kind of crazy high for a vanilla PS4? I bought my Slim for $250 new retail like two years ago (with Uncharted 4 bundled). It seems wild to me that the standard retail price hasn't come down since then.

I guess they don't want to lower the price on the PS4 Slim because then the price gap between the PS4 and the much-more-expensive-to-produce PS4 Pro will seem crazy high to consumers?

I'm totally out of my element, but isn't $200 kind of crazy high for a vanilla PS4? I bought my Slim for $250 new retail like two years ago (with Uncharted 4 bundled). It seems wild to me that the standard retail price hasn't come down since then.

I guess they don't want to lower the price on the PS4 Slim because then the price gap between the PS4 and the much-more-expensive-to-produce PS4 Pro will seem crazy high to consumers?
that is why I traded in and upgraded to a pro.

I am doing the same towards the scorpio. I will trade in my xbox one OG that I bought for $199 and my xb ox one S that I bought for $155 and almost break even. I am still not sure if the upgrade from S to X will be worth it , but I do have an OLED TV

Online the Switch value is 180...so it must be bumped to 200 in store. Add 25% and that gets it up to $250.

Called in the store and they confirmed this. Wish is was $250 plus 25% but oh well...
That would be flipaggedon all over again.

that is why I traded in and upgraded to a pro.
Same. I traded in my 500GB launch ps4 and got the battlefront II edition pro since it was the same price as the black or white pros and traded the game without the deluxe code to best buy for $33, so I got a pro for a great deal. Monster Hunter World and Shadow of the Colossus look amazing. I run performance mode.

So of a trade in 15 games, do I get the extra trade in bonus of 30% on all of them ? What is the catch ? That would be an awesome deal

So you wish you were getting $312.50 for it... even though the retail price for a new one is $299.99?

giphy.gif
Yes. Yes. Yes I do wish that. What do you wish for? Buying stuff and trading it in for less than you bought it for?

Actually there was a time when it traded in for $300....soooooo........

Not to mention bought the 500 GB PS4 slim for $200 and recently traded it in to GS for $230...sooooooo.....why am I even typing this to prove my point?  It's like arguing that your feet touch the ground when you walk.  Or do they? 

So of a trade in 15 games, do I get the extra trade in bonus of 30% on all of them ? What is the catch ? That would be an awesome deal
No catch. When they had the 60% trade in bonus for elite pro members I traded in like 23 games and made out like crazy. I turned it all into eshop cards and still have some of them left.

Man, indeed the trade in bonus applies to All games
I brought several games, bought the elite pro reward and I made more money than ever, and the membership ended up being free due to the amount of credit I got.

Time to trade in all your games . An extra 50% bonus is awesome

I also got $150 on my Xbox one og. Now I have one Xbox one S left, so debating if I trade that in as well and upgrade to Xbox one x

So, am I reading that right? My launch XBO would net me $150? Not a bad value to use toward an X....decisions

Slightly tempted to trade my original ps4 for a ps4 pro. I will have a 4k TV within the month, just in time for MLB the show 18 by the time I get everything set up the way I like it. ( main reason I bought a ps4 lol)

Edit: I guess it doesn't matter about HD size right? I currently have a 4tb in it.

Slightly tempted to trade my original ps4 for a ps4 pro. I will have a 4k TV within the month, just in time for MLB the show 18 by the time I get everything set up the way I like it. ( main reason I bought a ps4 lol)
You should do it. $200 is a really great TiV, especially if you got it at launch like I did. I definitely got $200 (from the original price of $400) worth of entertainment from it in the 4+ years I had it. The Pro is a great upgrade, especially for games like Horizon. I imagine MLB the Show will look amazing.

You should do it. $200 is a really great TiV, especially if you got it at launch like I did. I definitely got $200 (from the original price of $400) worth of entertainment from it in the 4+ years I had it. The Pro is a great upgrade, especially for games like Horizon. I imagine MLB the Show will look amazing.
I actually do have horizon, uncharted collection, wildlands, and Witcher 3 goty in my digital backlog lol
I have been playing dirt 4 here and there. The switch and overwatch currently consume a good bit of my time until baseball season starts then it's game on with MLB at bat live games and the show.
I'm thinking about how much total trade I could get with some games I have laying around. I see the bf2 pro bundle is available.

So just to let you guys know you can do some pretty decent flips from Best Buy to Gamestop during Best Buys president day sales event. The games that have some decent trade in value to them when taking advantage of Gamestops trade promotion of 50% credit are as follows.

- Rocket League for the Nintendo Switch

GCU at Best Buy: $15.99

Base Value: $15    With promotion 1.5: $22.5

- Lego Ninjago The Movie Video game for NS, XB1, and PS4

GCU at Best Buy: $23.99

Base Value: $20   With promotion 1.5: $30

- Grand Theft Auto V for XB1 and PS4

Base Value: $20   With promotion 1.5: $30

- Yakuza Kiwami for PS4

GCU at Best Buy: $11.99

Bast Value: $10    With promotion 1.5: $15

Some other okay trade in flips to gamestop are Rocket League for the PS4,XB1 and America's Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! on the PS4

Also as stated by a previous post you can flip Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS4 and XB1 to Best Buy so you can keep the flip train going.

So, what's this about trading in Playstation 4 OG for 200? I have the 500 GB standard edition that apparently nets 130. So, how are all of you coming up with different values? I don't understand. Thanks in advance.

Posting information like this to make it readily accessible is what will get these trades & promos killed. The base values and credit boosts have already taken a hit as a result of things going viral from CAG in June 2017.

According to Blackbeard, GameStop already employed moles to surf CAG and other sites for information to pass on to GS corporate. Please don't make their job any easier, and edit/remove your post. Thanks

So just to let you guys know you can do some pretty decent flips from Best Buy to Gamestop during Best Buys president day sales event. The games that have some decent trade in value to them when taking advantage of Gamestops trade promotion of 50% credit are as follows.

Base Value: $15 With promotion 1.5: $22.5

Base Value: $20 With promotion 1.5: $30

- Yakuza Kiwami for PS4
Bast Value: $10 With promotion 1.5: $15

Some other okay trade in flips to gamestop are Rocket League for the PS4,XB1 and America's Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! on the PS4

Also as stated by a previous post you can flip Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS4 and XB1 to Best Buy so you can keep the flip train going.
Thanks

Posting information like this to make it readily accessible is what will get these trades & promos killed. The base values and credit boosts have already taken a hit as a result of things going viral from CAG in June 2017.

According to Blackbeard, GameStop already employed moles to surf CAG and other sites for information to pass on to GS corporate. Please don't make their job any easier, and edit/remove your post. Thanks
Credit movers from one store to another have been posted on this site for as long as I have been a member. This issues you are talking about were boomerangs with substantial gains. I highly doubt anyone is currently making a YouTube video one 5-6 games for a couple bucks profit.

Base Value: $15 With promotion 1.5: $22.5

- Yakuza Kiwami for PS4
Bast Value: $10 With promotion 1.5: $15

Thanks for the info, dude.

cool beans but it sounds like a good way to reach my trade limit real fast for very little returns over several trips

ill wait

Credit movers from one store to another have been posted on this site for as long as I have been a member. This issues you are talking about were boomerangs with substantial gains. I highly doubt anyone is currently making a YouTube video one 5-6 games for a couple bucks profit.
If you look through the GS threads since June 2017, there haven't been as many credit movers posted because of what happened in June. (Some posts that were made at least utilized the "spoiler" button.) The b2g1 deals were not what I was referring to. Everyone knew specific titles at the time (like PvZ and Spider-Man) to trade. There were even YouTube videos on them, and GS employees became aware.

GameStop is clearly changing their approach to trades/promos and is monitoring things differently now. Therefore, it's really in the best interest of CAG members to not advertise flips so openly. All you need is a junior detective at your store to know the games to look out for and he/she can veto your trade and/or flag your account. I would imagine no one would want that.

so can you just bring in the disc to trade in? If I buy a redbox game, do I just remove the sticker and bring the game in a regular DVD case? will that work?

GameStop is clearly changing their approach to trades/promos and is monitoring things differently now. Therefore, it's really in the best interest of CAG members to not advertise flips so openly. All you need is a junior detective at your store to know the games to look out for and he/she can veto your trade and/or flag your account. I would imagine no one would want that.
I'd be surprised if GameStop hasn't figured out by now how to price their trade-ins programmatically according to supply/demand and competitor pricing. In fact, if they haven't, there's probably a few people on CAG that they could hire to help them do it, including myself.

The JD problem is annoying, but leaving everyone in the dark on good trades makes this thread half of what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back