Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.

The PS4 pro deal is OVER. It ended Sunday.

Stop bringing it up.

There is a "get up to $350" promo that is not tied towards buying ANYTHING.

It's right in the ad what the values for each system are.
Just making sure, since the PS4 slim isn't pictured in that ad, that means it's not bumped right? Unless it's being generically grouped in with the regular PS4 at $200....??

Currently on their website it lists :

MOST WANTED
TRADES
Get up to $30
For hot titles
Valid 2/16 - 2/19

Curious what the list of games will be. Will probably hold off until tomorrow and see what shows up before I unload a bunch of games.
Anyone find a most wanted trades list like gamestop had last month? I didn’t see it anywhere on the site

So with the console trade in, does the 25% extra stack with the new guaranteed trade values so for instance trade an original Xbone $150 + 25% = $187.50? 

The 1tb is the Xbox. I traded my ps4 og for $200. If you don't believe me, just call the store
Went in last night to inquire, and the associate showed it to me on the register keypad as a flat $200. Running out of room on my OG so I am considering upgrading to a slim 1 TB this weekend.

Went in last night to inquire, and the associate showed it to me on the register keypad as a flat $200. Running out of room on my OG so I am considering upgrading to a slim 1 TB this weekend.
It's worth it to get the 2tb if you're still adding games and running out of room. I've gone from the day one 500 gb to 1tb, then traded that in on a promo a year ago to get the 2tb. I have about 80 games installed and still have 600gb free. Even if you had to go the used/refurbished route a 2tb probably would not have been used heavily to this point. More than likely would've just been a collector's gently used trade in.

Worth it to trade in my OG XBox One and a few games just to get a One S with no money out of pocket? Don't have a 4K tv yet, really just want the smaller size and no power brick. Store near me has a Grey one in stock.

Worth it to trade in my OG XBox One and a few games just to get a One S with no money out of pocket? Don't have a 4K tv yet, really just want the smaller size and no power brick. Store near me has a Grey one in stock.
The main improvement would be hdr , but your tv might not have it since it is not a 4k tv.

If I were you, I would go directly to the Xbox one x, since you can see improvements even on the 1080p tv and you will be fine once you upgrade to a 4k

The power brick is better. It's unsightly, but if your Xbox gets power outage that damages the console, chances are you would only need to replace the brick. Not to mention, having the power supply outside the console keeps it cooler. Finally, if you got a Kinect the couple of times it's been $10 or $20, you won't need an expensive adapter to use it. A homebrew solution would still run you about $40.

It's worth it to get the 2tb if you're still adding games and running out of room. I've gone from the day one 500 gb to 1tb, then traded that in on a promo a year ago to get the 2tb. I have about 80 games installed and still have 600gb free. Even if you had to go the used/refurbished route a 2tb probably would not have been used heavily to this point. More than likely would've just been a collector's gently used trade in.
Thanks for the suggestion. I might have to go that route because I have a backlog of digital games a mile long, and I can't add much except indies at this point. Some of those won't even go because they are larger than 2 gb each. Sony's stupid rule about having double the available space necessary to download any game is the thing that's making it necessary for me to need more space.

Is there no form to fill out anymore for missing points?  I still haven't received any points for shadow of colossus purchase...

Hmmm....Thanks guys. Not interested in spending the money for the X right now and no interest in Kinect, had one and never used it. Guess I'll just hold off for a while.

Just got the text. Most wanted games shown are Forza 7, Mario Odyssey, and COD WWII. There's no list. It says it's valid 2/16-2/19, but when the app still says Forza 7 tiv is $22.50 and WWII is $27.50.

GameStop: Get up to 30.00 for the hottest games

https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/trade_week/
I take it this won't stack with the 50% (30% + PUR Tier bonus) elite bonus for trading 3+ games.

For CoD WWII :
$27.50 x 1.5 = $41.25 (requires 3 games)
$30 x 1.2 = $36 (less than 3 games)

I take it this won't stack with the 50% (30% + PUR Tier bonus) elite bonus for trading 3+ games.

For CoD WWII :
$27.50 x 1.5 = $41.25 (requires 3 games)
$30 x 1.2 = $36 (less than 3 games)
Do we know for sure these won't stack with the extra 40% (Not paying for that damn Elite Pro Card)? I was going to take some games in today and get rid of them.

Figured this would be a good time to get rid of some stuff I am not playing like State of Decay Year One Edition, which would get me $28.49 assuming the extra 40% will stack. I also have a few other Xbox One games that I am willing to part ways with and a bunch of random DS games that someone at work gave to me, doubt they are worth much if anything at all since they are mostly shovelware like High School Musical games.....

I also have Bayonetta 2 on pre-order at Best Buy and am considering cancelling the pre-order and just using this promotion to get the game at Gamestop and have some extra credit left over.

Do we know for sure these won't stack with the extra 40% (Not paying for that damn Elite Pro Card)? I was going to take some games in today and get rid of them.

Figured this would be a good time to get rid of some stuff I am not playing like State of Decay Year One Edition, which would get me $28.49 assuming the extra 40% will stack. I also have a few other Xbox One games that I am willing to part ways with and a bunch of random DS games that someone at work gave to me, doubt they are worth much if anything at all since they are mostly shovelware like High School Musical games.....

I also have Bayonetta 2 on pre-order at Best Buy and am considering cancelling the pre-order and just using this promotion to get the game at Gamestop and have some extra credit left over.
After taking a second look it appears to be TIV bump for high demand games. These games have had their TIV bumped as high as $30, whereas some are slightly less (CoD WWII is pictured but TIV is $27.50). The "get up to $30" offer is valid 2/16 thru 2/19. So based on those details and with out testing my best guess is they would stack.

And if you wanted to pay off the Bayonetta 2 preorder you might want to consider the Battlefront 2 GS to BB move. However, if you paid your BB preorder in full that then canceling your current preorder may work out better.

Hey guys.  I thought I saw that the up to 40% bonus for purchasing Shadow of the Colossus with trade had been extended till some time in March, but I can't find anything about it on the website or the app.  Is this still going?  Wanted to trade in some Xbox 360 controllers this weekend.

So with the console trade in, does the 25% extra stack with the new guaranteed trade values so for instance trade an original Xbone $150 + 25% = $187.50?
The way I am reconciling this discrepancy is by telling myself that the 25% is for all consoles/handhelds NOT included in the guaranteed TIV promo.

After taking a second look it appears to be TIV bump for high demand games. These games have had their TIV bumped as high as $30, whereas some are slightly less (CoD WWII is pictured but TIV is $27.50). The "get up to $30" offer is valid 2/16 thru 2/19. So based on those details and with out testing my best guess is they would stack.

And if you wanted to pay off the Bayonetta 2 preorder you might want to consider the Battlefront 2 GS to BB move. However, if you paid your BB preorder in full that then canceling your current preorder may work out better.
I pre-ordered Bayonetta 2 online so I will either have to go to the store to cancel the in-store pick up in person to cancel it. What is the Battlefront 2 GS to BB move though? I am not sure what you are referring to? Looks like Battlefront 2 is $40 at Gamestop and trades for $30 at Best Buy currently.

I am probably just going to pick up my pre-order at Best Buy though and just keep whatever credit I get at Gamestop for future purchases. I had no idea that State of Decay Year One has become somewhat hard to find on Xbox One too, but I know I won't play it again especially after State of Decay 2 finally releases.

So quite a few games got boosted to $18.50 base / $27.75 after bonus. Rocket League Switch is the notable one since it's still $16 w/ GCU at Bestbuy. Rayman Legends Definitive also nets the same (if you got that at Bestbuy a couple weeks ago, good time to offload it). Other notables - FFXII Zodiac Age, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Nascar Heat 2

Hey guys. I thought I saw that the up to 40% bonus for purchasing Shadow of the Colossus with trade had been extended till some time in March, but I can't find anything about it on the website or the app. Is this still going? Wanted to trade in some Xbox 360 controllers this weekend.
I tried this the other day with accessories that I needed to trade in, and the "40% bump for buying X game" was not in the system. I think they have it unavailable during trade week.

So quite a few games got boosted to $18.50 base / $27.75 after bonus. Rocket League Switch is the notable one since it's still $16 w/ GCU at Bestbuy. Rayman Legends Definitive also nets the same (if you got that at Bestbuy a couple weeks ago, good time to offload it). Other notables - FFXII Zodiac Age, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Nascar Heat 2
Do you know if Rocket League Switch comes with a code for the additional content or is it loaded on the cart? I have the digital game already but will pick up the physical Switch version to use the DLC code and trade to Gamestop per this promotion.

Do you know if Rocket League Switch comes with a code for the additional content or is it loaded on the cart? I have the digital game already but will pick up the physical Switch version to use the DLC code and trade to Gamestop per this promotion.
Yeah the DLC is on a sheet inside.

Do I need a nunchuck for trading a Wii? The associate told me I needed one but on the app it doesn't specify.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Do I need a nunchuck for trading a Wii? The associate told me I needed one but on the app it doesn't specify.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
They will likely deduct value if you don't have one. The Nunchuk is included with the system when they sell it used.

I pre-ordered Bayonetta 2 online so I will either have to go to the store to cancel the in-store pick up in person to cancel it. What is the Battlefront 2 GS to BB move though? I am not sure what you are referring to? Looks like Battlefront 2 is $40 at Gamestop and trades for $30 at Best Buy currently.

I am probably just going to pick up my pre-order at Best Buy though and just keep whatever credit I get at Gamestop for future purchases. I had no idea that State of Decay Year One has become somewhat hard to find on Xbox One too, but I know I won't play it again especially after State of Decay 2 finally releases.
My mistake the Battlefront 2 move is only worthwhile if you have PUR elite and gcu.

Details

Step 1) take game(s) with base TIV of at least $21 (rounded up from $20.26) to GS and get at least $31.50 TC with 50% bonus. Use TC to buy used copy of BF2 @ $30.39. Double the numbers above to get 2x as much TIC and 2x BF2.

Step 2) go to BB & trade in both copies of BF2. If you have gcu you should recieve $66 on a GC. Then select $60 game to preorder at BB and put $5 down with GC you just recieved. $60 game should cost $48 (plus tax if any). So you will owe $43 plus any applicable tax when you pick up the game. Put the gc on the side.

Step 3) when your preordered game releases use the same gc to pay off the remaining balance at BB.

Essentially you are taking advantage of the GS trade in offer, not letting GS screw you over on paying full price for a preorder, and .taking advantage of BB gcu 20% off new/preorder games. You should also end with around $10 left over on BB GC. You will also get points from GS and possibly points towards myRewards.

I'm sure because their behavior is unoriginal and highly predictable that the nay sayers will start complaining about how much leg work this is and how GS is far away from BB; or I don't have retail location near me. The general rule always applies: if a deal works for you do it, otherwise shut up and find something useful to contribute.

Moving stuff between GS and BB, or vice-versa, works for me because I have multiple locations where they are in the same mall / shopping center. And 3 of these locations are ten minutes away from home.

Hope that helps.

They will likely deduct value if you don't have one. The Nunchuk is included with the system when they sell it used.
Not sure if it's changed since I stopped working there in 2014, but if anyone came in with a in-complete system (missing accessories), I gave them the option to buy a pre-owned one to make it complete. I sold a lot of stylus pens since people would lose/forget those the most with 3DS/DS systems.

A good rule of thumb is that GS wants to it be playable out of the box without having to buy any extras. YMMV.

I've had instances where customers would trade in their console with rechargeable battery packs, but came with a plug 'n play kit/dock station, so I took it in.

My mistake the Battlefront 2 move is only worthwhile if you have PUR elite and gcu.

Details

Step 1) take game(s) with base TIV of at least $21 (rounded up from $20.26) to GS and get at least $31.50 TC with 50% bonus. Use TC to buy used copy of BF2 @ $30.39. Double the numbers above to get 2x as much TIC and 2x BF2.

Step 2) go to BB & trade in both copies of BF2. If you have gcu you should recieve $66 on a GC. Then select $60 game to preorder at BB and put $5 down with GC you just recieved. $60 game should cost $48 (plus tax if any). So you will owe $43 plus any applicable tax when you pick up the game. Put the gc on the side.

Step 3) when your preordered game releases use the same gc to pay off the remaining balance at BB.

Essentially you are taking advantage of the GS trade in offer, not letting GS screw you over on paying full price for a preorder, and .taking advantage of BB gcu 20% off new/preorder games. You should also end with around $10 left over on BB GC. You will also get points from GS and possibly points towards myRewards.

I'm sure because their behavior is unoriginal and highly predictable that the nay sayers will start complaining about how much leg work this is and how GS is far away from BB; or I don't have retail location near me. The general rule always applies: if a deal works for you do it, otherwise shut up and find something useful to contribute.

Moving stuff between GS and BB, or vice-versa, works for me because I have multiple locations where they are in the same mall / shopping center. And 3 of these locations are ten minutes away from home.

Hope that helps.
I have GCU and just the regular PUR (don't see enough value to upgrade to the Elite). Seems like a solid deal and something I may have considered if I had the Elite PUR. Still seems like a lot of leg-work even for me with Gamestop and Best Buy within walking distance of each other for me.

I am thinking that I am going to just pick up my Bayonetta pre-order at Best Buy and then just build some credit up at Gamestop so I can save money on the next couple games I plan on picking up.

Not sure if it's changed since I stopped working there in 2014, but if anyone came in with a in-complete system (missing accessories), I gave them the option to buy a pre-owned one to make it complete. A good rule of thumb is that GS wants to it be playable out of the box without having to buy any extras. YMMV.

I've had instances where customers would trade in their console with rechargeable battery packs, but came with a plug 'n play kit/dock station, so I took it in.
It was like that when I worked for Gamestop too. As far as I know, this is still common practice that they will offer to deduct the price of a new or used, in this case, Nunchuk to add to the trade-in.

I have GCU and just the regular PUR (don't see enough value to upgrade to the Elite). Seems like a solid deal and something I may have considered if I had the Elite PUR. Still seems like a lot of leg-work even for me with Gamestop and Best Buy within walking distance of each other for me.

I am thinking that I am going to just pick up my Bayonetta pre-order at Best Buy and then just build some credit up at Gamestop so I can save money on the next couple games I plan on picking up.
It shouldn't be too hard to make up the difference in price between Pro and Elite with the extra 10% savings on pre-owned things and the extra 10% TIV, but even if you can't quite make that difference up the extra points you get for being at the higher tier more than make up for this.

IMO.

Traded after pro 40%, first time I had a trade denied, said there were two little scratches on top of disc.

Doom XB1- 11.20

Final Fantasty XV PS4-9.80

Final Fantasty XV XB1-11.20

total-32.20

Does anyone know if I can use my rewards points for a elite pro membership, and then give that to a family member so that they can become a Pro member?  Or will the coupon only work on extending my account?  Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if I can use my rewards points for a elite pro membership, and then give that to a family member so that they can become a Pro member? Or will the coupon only work on extending my account? Thanks in advance!
I think points only work to extend the membership that earned the points at the level it currently is. Everyone I know of has done the buy out method to upgrade from pro to elite.

You can however use trade credt for either an upgrade or to purchase a new PUR accout.

So based on posts, i see OG XB for $150 tiv. Is that for the 500gb? I have 2 of them along with 500gb Day one edition. Anyone know if tiv is the same for that one too?

So based on posts, i see OG XB for $150 tiv. Is that for the 500gb? I have 2 of them along with 500gb Day one edition. Anyone know if tiv is the same for that one too?
That should be any VCR model regardless of HDD size.

Also, don't trade in that Day One controller, that would be a shame. :)

So I can confirm that the "Most Wanted" games trade price is the base before the 50% extra trade. Traded Overwatch, base 20, final 30.

Also ran into an issue upgrading from Powerup Pro to Elite, apparently they don't let you upgrade it on a trade transaction anymore, had to pay for the membership first, then do the trade after. Still pro-rates however, had 4 months of pro left, it subtracted $5 off of the $30 total and started as a new 12 month sub today.

All in all a good weekend though, got some games transferred to digital and hit up some redboxes to make some flips, came out with about ~$150.

Games:

Dark Souls 3 - Red Box $5, traded for $15

Doom - RB $5 - GS $12

PvZ GW 2 - RB $10 - GS $21

MLB 17 the Show - RB $5 - GS 13.50

Lego Worlds - RB $10 - GS $20.25

Rocket League - RB $10 - GS $20.25

There were several other games that were flippable, but didn't want to press my luck.  Was going to trade Hitman Season 1, but the game was scratched to hell so I gave it back to Redbox.

So I can confirm that the "Most Wanted" games trade price is the base before the 50% extra trade. Traded Overwatch, base 20, final 30.

Also ran into an issue upgrading from Powerup Pro to Elite, apparently they don't let you upgrade it on a trade transaction anymore, had to pay for the membership first, then do the trade after. Still pro-rates however, had 4 months of pro left, it subtracted $5 off of the $30 total and started as a new 12 month sub today.

All in all a good weekend though, got some games transferred to digital and hit up some redboxes to make some flips, came out with about ~$150.

Games:

Doom - RB $5 - GS $12

There were several other games that were flippable, but didn't want to press my luck. Was going to trade Hitman Season 1, but the game was scratched to hell so I gave it back to Redbox.
I almost wished I hadn't upgraded to elite because with pro you always get the B2G1 coupon. Several members wont like that you posted that but its not like its a super secret or anything.

2nd Haul-

Dark Souls 3 - 15.00

Doom - 12.00

MLB 17 the Show - 13.50

NBA Live 18-13.50  (4.50 right now on M$)

COD WW-41.25  ($38 on M$)

Also, got lucky and found a perfect copy of Mafia II Platinum for 7.99, but how do you install the DLC from disc???

Games:

Doom - RB $5 - GS $12

There were several other games that were flippable, but didn't want to press my luck. Was going to trade Hitman Season 1, but the game was scratched to hell so I gave it back to Redbox.
It should be noted that PvZ GW 2 on Xbox One gets a little higher at $22.50. PS4 version gets $21.

I have had success at multiple BBuys by placing them inside a case/sleeve etc. DVD sleeves and cases can be had for cheap on Amazon and such. I also remove the stickers using a blow dryer, flat razor, and the sticky residue with goo gone. The last thing is I usually write down or print the SKU from best buy's website and write it on the sleeve/case insert and it makes it go faster. What happens is a lot of the employees do not know how to do a title search and just want the SKU. If they ask why I have multiple copies I usually say I bought them for my friends and family to play and when we are finished I get them back and trade them in to keep the gaming cycle/cash going.
Was told I couldn't trade in a copy of BFII into BB that has "Not for Resale" on the back. Called BS and said employees have just looked up the game in the past and was told "people have gotten in trouble in the past for taking 'Not for Resale' games, and besides we wouldn't have a barcode to scan". The fuck. They put a new barcode on the back of pre-owned games after they refurbish/reshrink wrap it. Why do employees make up stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back