Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Works in Texas (that’s where I am). I guess the thought being you paid the tax on the original items so you would be paying tax twice.
Are you saying that you don't pay taxes for purchases with trade credit in Texas? Because I've been paying taxes on my purchases with trade credit in Texas for about 18 months or so.
People that disagree with this need to post a receipt in California to prove it. Only way to reduce tax base is if you use membership/coupon discounts.
PROBABLY the same in California, but in Texas once upon a time when we didn't pay taxes on purchases using trade credit, only the amount that wasn't covered by trade credit would be taxed.

Traded a few games in today at Gamestop and picked up a new PS4 Pro and a new XBox One X, and the store manager told me to put my receipt in a safe place and come back in next Saturday with it.  I know next Saturday is ProDay, but I don't think the store I went to today was an actual "Pro Store". 

I asked the manager if he could tell me a little more about why I should come back next Saturday with the receipt, but all he said was it would be very worth my while and the saleswoman that was helping me just looked at me and said "hint hint".

I am planning on going back tomorrow and picking up a PSVR while it is "on sale" with some of the extra store credit i still have... hopefully I can weasel something out of a different worker if the manager isn't there.

Traded a few games in today at Gamestop and picked up a new PS4 Pro and a new XBox One X, and the store manager told me to put my receipt in a safe place and come back in next Saturday with it. I know next Saturday is ProDay, but I don't think the store I went to today was an actual "Pro Store".

I asked the manager if he could tell me a little more about why I should come back next Saturday with the receipt, but all he said was it would be very worth my while and the saleswoman that was helping me just looked at me and said "hint hint".

I am planning on going back tomorrow and picking up a PSVR while it is "on sale" with some of the extra store credit i still have... hopefully I can weasel something out of a different worker if the manager isn't there.
You're getting pro day mixed up with prestige day, there's no such thing as a pro store.

Weird that they seem to know what's coming up though. 2 stores I went to today and am friendly with seemed to have no idea a pro day was even coming up.

Traded a few games in today at Gamestop and picked up a new PS4 Pro and a new XBox One X, and the store manager told me to put my receipt in a safe place and come back in next Saturday with it. I know next Saturday is ProDay, but I don't think the store I went to today was an actual "Pro Store".

Starting tomorrow, every Xbox one x will come with pubg code, and on 20th every Xbox one x will get a $ 50 gift card according to one user at resetera that works at GameStop. You missed 2 freebies, don't open the system yet and return and repurchase to get those items

Weird that they seem to know what's coming up though. 2 stores I went to today and am friendly with seemed to have no idea a pro day was even coming up.
There is an excerpt about pro day in the newest edition of game informer, though it doesn't specify what day it is.

I believe you can system transfer now, you’d have to try that in store tho. Maybe delete everything but the saves and find a patient employee, lol.

I think I’m gonna do it, btw. Just got permission from the wife to jettison the Wii U, lol.
Good call. I knew about the transfer but it never occurred to me that I could do it in-store. I asked about that when trading in some of the games discussed above, and he confirmed that I could do it: trade in Switch for $250 store credit, buy new one right there, and transfer. He suggested doing it on Monday, since the store would be mellow. It was pretty busy today. But he did conclusively say it could be done.

So saves are in play. Just whether it’s worth $77. hmm. Thanks for suggestion btw.

You're getting pro day mixed up with prestige day, there's no such thing as a pro store.

I went to a store yesterday that told me that today would be Pro Day. They even had a sign up that stated Pro Day this Saturday. Thanks to CAG I knew it wasn't until the 24th. My guess is that the sign was not supposed to be put up until this upcoming Monday.

Dumb question I know but every ps4 is worth $200 bucks because it is guaranteed ? Conditional as well?

GameStop doesn’t like resellers either. Anyone been banned for purchase of multiple copies?
I wanna know this too..coz the PS4Slim is the one unpictured, not sure if it's grouped with the OG PS4 or not. I wanna get rid of my extra PS4Slim

Starting tomorrow, every Xbox one x will come with pubg code, and on 20th every Xbox one x will get a $ 50 gift card according to one user at resetera that works at GameStop. You missed 2 freebies, don't open the system yet and return and repurchase to get those items
I got the PUBG code today on my receipt, but the manager might have been hinting at the $50 gift card for Saturday. I'll have to wait and see, but he did say to just bring in the receipt next Saturday. I'll probably wait to open it to make sure.. that $50 gift card could help with a thing or two.

Thanks!

All told I got $509 credit after getting Elite Pro paid for a year. Will wait to see how the $50 GC pans out.

APPARENTLY the sales tax workaround is no longer a thing in Texas since mid 2017 because we can’t have nice things. Google corroborated. Booo.

I wanna know this too..coz the PS4Slim is the one unpictured, not sure if it's grouped with the OG PS4 or not. I wanna get rid of my extra PS4Slim
i called my store before I traded in my ps4 slim today. The employee was nice and said it’s $200 for fat or slim 500gb PS4. My system was complete and she didn't have a problem giving the full value cause I mentioned the ad.

I'm saving my credit up to wait for a deal on PS4 pro or GoW PS4 bundle. Rumor has it that they will release a GoW PS4 pro bundle, gonna have to wait for April though

All told I got $509 credit after getting Elite Pro paid for a year. Will wait to see how the $50 GC pans out.

APPARENTLY the sales tax workaround is no longer a thing in Texas since mid 2017 because we can’t have nice things. Google corroborated. Booo.
I discovered the tax thing when I went to get my Pro. It's a shame too. Ended up trading in Xenoblade 2 to cover the cost :(

Also apparently the Wii U requires a sensor bar to trade in. Luckily she let me have one for free because I’m such a charmer, but keep that in mind if you’re unloading one there.

Is a USB cable required when you trade in a PS4? I've been using the long one from my Xbox One to charge my PS4 controller, and I can't find the small one that is pictured on the system box. Planning to dump my 500 gb tomorrow afternoon tomorrow so any reply would be appreciated.

Is a USB cable required when you trade in a PS4? I've been using the long one from my Xbox One to charge my PS4 controller, and I can't find the small one that is pictured on the system box. Planning to dump my 500 gb tomorrow afternoon tomorrow so any reply would be appreciated.
Yes, it's required. It doesn't have to be the one it came with.

Yes, it's required. It doesn't have to be the one it came with.
Thank you for responding. My only concern is that the connection port on the PS4/X1 controller is smaller than the one found on a normal USB cable, but I will keep looking for the short one that originally came with the PS4. Gotta be around here somewhere.

i called my store before I traded in my ps4 slim today. The employee was nice and said it’s $200 for fat or slim 500gb PS4. My system was complete and she didn't have a problem giving the full value cause I mentioned the ad.

I'm saving my credit up to wait for a deal on PS4 pro or GoW PS4 bundle. Rumor has it that they will release a GoW PS4 pro bundle, gonna have to wait for April though
Have a 1tb PS4 Slim one here, guess it's the same $200 trade value? o_O and the extra 25% won't stack with that right? Lol I really wanted the Monster Hunter PS4 Pro but its prolly not ever coming back in stock.

saw a guy trading in some n64 stuff today while making the rounds and convinced him to take my cash instead of gamestops trade credit.

Thank you for responding. My only concern is that the connection port on the PS4/X1 controller is smaller than the one found on a normal USB cable, but I will keep looking for the short one that originally came with the PS4. Gotta be around here somewhere.
It's micro usb, so most phone charger cables work too.

Really hoping a GoW Pro bundle gets announced soon...would be cool if it was red or had a nice design on it but I feel like it'll just be the generic console with the game included. I do also have the CE preordered though so maybe I shouldn't even bother waiting.

Should I flip my Wii U and games at GameStop with the 25% deal? They’re just gathering dust and I’m pretty sure this might be the last time I will get $150 for my OG X1. Want to upgrade to an X and if I can get my credit up to $500 I can skip out on tax in this state (no tax on trade in credit used).

Is it worth the hassle to eBay? The Wii U looks like it’s $75 and most games are $13-ish before bump.
I would try to sell in offerup, Facebook, letgo or Craigslist you can probably get at least $150

saw a guy trading in some n64 stuff today while making the rounds and convinced him to take my cash instead of gamestops trade credit.
Good on you. I saw some teenager and his gf trading in his 3DS, bunch of games, gamecube and all the first party titles along with I think a WiiU and he took like $170 in trade in credit for it. I wanted so bad to just buy it off him but didn't get the chance. This was an older Game XChange or whatever it's called.

I see people trading stuff for next to nothing and want to make them an offer, but not sure how the employees would react to that? Not sure if considered soliciting (?) or something that could get you kicked out of the store or off the property.

I see people trading stuff for next to nothing and want to make them an offer, but not sure how the employees would react to that? Not sure if considered soliciting (?) or something that could get you kicked out of the store or off the property.
They could ask you to leave. Bout the only way to do it is to hope the employee gets preoccupied and slip in and say “I’ll pay you more for that since I’m a collector”

This may sound batshit insane, but I’m tempted to get $250 for my Switch just to immediately buy a new one. I have slight “dock style” scratches that are killing the OCD in me, but otherwise aren’t noticeable.

Shame about savegames though...
Haha I had the same feeling to be honest and I just traded it in. My Switch had wifi issues since I got it around launch and the left joy-con sliding mechanism felt a little wobbly. I didn't buy a new one immediately though, I'm holding off for a bit.

How was the condition? Trying to figure out if they actually guarantee the price and not ding me for some scratches
One was a little rough, power box was beat up, but they gave max for it. Make sure u have the hdmi. Also one controller trigger made a noise ( never any issues with it) and guy was cool enough to do a trade on another preown instore and send this back for refurb to give me the max trade in!

[SIZE=9pt]Decent flips out there today. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]
RB-->GS-->BB-->GS potential is solid today. With all this paranoia going on not sure how much I should say but here's some hints:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt](Goes without saying you need GCU and Elite to make these work - which you should have already.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]RB->GS:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]This one's easy to figure out. 1.85x to 3x investments are plentiful. No need to go on about this any further.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]GS->BB:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The major one has already been posted. If you don't know it, try using The Force to guess it. Preowned for $31 at GS, moves to BB at $33 after GCU. There are a few more break even movers (that other NBA title in the ad is $15 new, trades for $13.82+10% GCU, and Dairy Queen (DQ) Bilderz preowned+elite is 15.19, trades for $13.25+10% GCU for a .62 loss).  The $30 sports/racing titles on sale this week move for a few dollars loss (trade for $27.87) if you need to transfer even more.  If anyone know any other movers let me know, I couldn't find any others though.  BB Trade rules apply so don't go get banned. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]BB->GS:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Again some have already been mentioned. Only a few winners here. Soccer games and a Blizzard Shooter would work, as well as MvCI.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Hope that's cryptic enough...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]And I have to say, I don't know why anyone would worry about these potential flips being posted.  There are no boomerangs with these, and no exploits, so no one is losing money.  Redbox is selling games which I'm sure they are happy about, Gamestop is both taking in trades and selling some preowned games (Circle of Life), and Best Buy is taking trades and selling new product.  It all ends up store credit which is even better for them, except for RB who gets cash which makes them even happier!  It’s pretty obvious that GS is short on preowned items as a company overall, and preowned is a huge part of their business model.  There's a limited number of these titles that these stores would receive (Not like they are getting 20,000 copies of a single title like PvZGW2 last year), and good variety of solid selling and popular games, which GS is happy to mark up and sell. And BB takes such a small amount of game trades, and has such a restrictive trade policy (3 titles/platform/year) I'm sure they couldn't care less about us trading in these games. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]
[/SIZE]

YMMV. If I saw people in my store. I would just politely ask them to take it outside.

122eb5a9d55c617960c4de658a911930.gif

Potential killer deal for Xbox one x

I just came back from my local GameStop to trade in my Xbox one S.the store manager said that this Tuesday the Xbox one x will come with free pubg, a free $50 gift card and a free $60 game of choice . That is a killer deal. Will be getting one for sure

Haha I had the same feeling to be honest and I just traded it in. My Switch had wifi issues since I got it around launch and the left joy-con sliding mechanism felt a little wobbly. I didn't buy a new one immediately though, I'm holding off for a bit.
Glad I’m not the only one! I’m still thinking on it, tbh. Any reason you didn’t jump on a new switch ASAP?

I just came back from my local GameStop to trade in my Xbox one S.the store manager said that this Tuesday the Xbox one x will come with free pubg, a free $50 gift card and a free $60 game of choice . That is a killer deal. Will be getting one for sure
Hopefully this will last til the weekend if true. I’m flying out of country for work and won’t be back until Friday.

First I’ve heard about the free game. Nice.

Can you still upgrade to Elite Pro while doing a trade in and get the added bonus or do you have to do it before you trade? Heard it being both
Few weeks back I took some games in to get some store credit and was told after all trades were in the system, but the transaction wasn't complete, that I could upgrade to Elite Pro and get more credit for my trade-ins. The Elite Pro upgrade was on sale or something and I don't remember the exact amount but I just paid $13 or so to upgrade, and ended up getting about $60 in extra credit.

I ha

Can you still upgrade to Elite Pro while doing a trade in and get the added bonus or do you have to do it before you trade? Heard it being both ways.
I had my friend try to upgrade during his trade in transaction but the employee said he couldn't do it during, he could only do it on a new transaction. So he manually gave him the extra 10% boost on all the games, completed the transaction, and then upgraded his membership to elite pro.

I ha

I had my friend try to upgrade during his trade in transaction but the employee said he couldn't do it during, he could only do it on a new transaction. So he manually gave him the extra 10% boost on all the games, completed the transaction, and then upgraded his membership to elite pro.
I just upgraded to elite pro and traded games in the same transaction

Dumb question, but are we expecting tivs to hold through tomorrow? Got craploads of RB games around me but don't have time to make it into a store today. Would suck if i bought them all and everything tanked tomorrow.

Dumb question, but are we expecting tivs to hold through tomorrow? Got craploads of RB games around me but don't have time to make it into a store today. Would suck if i bought them all and everything tanked tomorrow.
We don't know, the values can change on a day by day basis, during the same week. GTA dropped few bucks Last week for example

Had something work twice for me so wanted to share it.  The B2G1 you get for going pro, elite, or upgrading from pro to elite, are B2G1 on your entire purchase, not just one use like most of their other coupons.  The coupon states it can only be used once, but it doesn't say to what extent, and when they rung up my 6 games it gave me the 3rd and 6th cheapest games for free.  Even the employees were surprised but it automatically took it off.

Thank you for the movers/flips. I am in dire need of flips to bestbuy (I have a lot of amazon/gamestop credit and trying to buy disney gift cards). I have been getting games from gamestop and trading in at bestbuy....as bestbuy gift cards can be used for 3rd party gift cards. Anyone with any other ideas id love to hear ;)

Make sure you guys are careful when trading to Best Buy. Most employees know what they are doing, but some clueless person did my trade yesterday and after giving them my phone number twice, my account wasn’t added to the trade. I ended up losing a little over $4 and now I won’t get points for the trade. They did say they would take the amount I lost off of a purchase. At the end they took $3 off instead of $4, totally clueless person. Whatever.

Had something work twice for me so wanted to share it. The B2G1 you get for going pro, elite, or upgrading from pro to elite, are B2G1 on your entire purchase, not just one use like most of their other coupons. The coupon states it can only be used once, but it doesn't say to what extent, and when they rung up my 6 games it gave me the 3rd and 6th cheapest games for free. Even the employees were surprised but it automatically took it off.
this was how it used to be. when did you buy your 6 games? i’d love to know if it reverted back.

GSGC to AGC is dead, system blocked today when didn't 5 days ago. Good thing I tested today before trading in my 2nd Switch.

this was how it used to be. when did you buy your 6 games? i’d love to know if it reverted back.
Yesterday. It worked when I went to pro about 6 months ago too and I didn't realize it, so I figured when I upgraded to Elite I'd just see if that worked, and go figure, it did. We didn't try with any more but my guess is if it worked for 2 stacks, it'll work for as much as you can pay for.

This would be REALLY good for the 50% trade bonuses going on, as you're only paying about 86 for 3 brand new games or high valued switch titles, and trade in for those 3 at 45 a piece (elite+bonus) would be 135.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back