Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, fuck.

Just went into GameStop and was told that only people that signed up for the Xbox one x notification list last fall are getting the coupons; and it’s one or the other. I thought I’d signed up, but apparently not since I still haven’t gotten anything.

Be careful using other accounts coupons. If these are unique codes they've banned accounts before for using a code tied to another account, due to theft of accounts.

Edit: last two digits 7F. Is it universal or unique?

Just got back from my local store. Manager told me people who signed up for the mailing list about the One X last year are the ones who received either a $50 GC or a free $59.99 game. Those two offers were distributed evenly across the mailing list. I got a $50 GC and PUBG for buying my One X.

Well, fuck.

Just went into GameStop and was told that only people that signed up for the Xbox one x notification list last fall are getting the coupons; and it’s one or the other. I thought I’d signed up, but apparently not since I still haven’t gotten anything.
I signed up. It's listed under preorders in the app. No coupons received. I did buy an X1X previously. Perhaps you have to have signed up and not purchased one previously. If so this means Gamestop is stepping up their game in regards to target marketing, i.e. we maybe getting different offers on different accounts based on previous purchase/trade history.

Be careful using other accounts coupons. If these are unique codes they've banned accounts before for using a code tied to another account, due to theft of accounts.

its unique, mine ends in 41

also, i was signed up for the notification and have not yet bought an X

Just got back from my local store. Manager told me people who signed up for the mailing list about the One X last year are the ones who received either a $50 GC or a free $59.99 game. Those two offers were distributed evenly across the mailing list. I got a $50 GC and PUBG for buying my One X.
Man, that’s weak..... typical GameStop. No wonder their stock has plummeted over the past year

If anyone in central SC wants my $50 code I'll gladly meet you at the store to buy on my account so you can use my coupon.

Since the 2 offers were evenly distributed it sound like a bit of test marketing. Throw out 2 offers and see which of the 2 gets a better response/conversion rate.

I signed up. It's listed under preorders in the app. No coupons received. I did buy an X1X previously. Perhaps you have to have signed up and not purchased one previously. If so this means Gamestop is stepping up their game in regards to target marketing, i.e. we maybe getting different offers on different accounts based on previous purchase/trade history.
Same here, I still have the notification on the app about the X "first to know" but since I bought an X a while back I didn't get a coupon today. I bet they're checking if you already got one before sending coupons.

I'm confused. Why are people so upset? Because they only got $50 or $60 of free stuff and not $119.99? Or is it because no contractual obligation was broken & a rumor didn't come true?

I'm confused. Why are people so upset? Because they only got $50 or $60 of free stuff and not $119.99? Or is it because no contractual obligation was broken & a rumor didn't come true?
I am upset and offended that I am not going to get free money or 50% off an Xbox One X! I don't have one yet Gamestop! Do you want me to buy Xbox One games again or not?!?!?!

Generally, if a coupon has EBC####### only, it is a generic multi-use coupon that anyone can use. If it is EBC#######-########, it a unique single-use coupon that is tied to your account.

----

I had a pretty good trade-in experience last night. I traded in a 1TB Xbox One S that they wanted more than I did and about two dozen games, most of which came from a local video/game rental store that closed down a few months ago. A handful of those games only gave me $1-$3, and I probably could have made more money from them on 5miles, but people are getting shot at meetups now so you got to play it safe.

Just called my local store and they had no idea that is the way the promo was supposed to work. So they are just as confused as everyone else.

Cause I’ve got all my trade credit at GS, am in their rewards program and got no coupon at all. At this point I’m just gonna eat the $50 GC most likely, which is... “upsetting”.

I have both coupons and I will trade them for a copy of Shadow of the Colossus for the PS4.

$120 value for 1 game.

Cause I’ve got all my trade credit at GS, am in their rewards program and got no coupon at all. At this point I’m just gonna eat the $50 GC most likely, which is... “upsetting”.
eating the gift card is definitely a bad idea, at the very least use the gift card to get a fast food gc and eat the food.

Based on people thinking this was the deal,a lot of people traded in their old systems last week. I think a lot of customers are not going to be happy because they don't have a system and didn't receive any coupons.

fuck you gamestop.  Really, fuck you!  For ending your trade-in promo the day before sending out a targeted promo for the X, which you have never done before.  

I went to the main store that I go to, where I traded in my S last night, and they were useless.  Actually the guy that was there was fine, he's part-time and did call customer service, but was told that there was nothing that could be done.  

At this point I'm considering just buying Microsoft $$ with my credit and buying an X directly from Microsoft.  

That $15 off controllers coupon, is that with purchase of a NEW system or can it be applied to a used system and controller?
Just to update, I was just in store and it is NEW system and controllers, which I figured was the case.

Also, my store manager asked if I had gotten a coupon for the One X and said they sent out of 460,000 of them split between the GC and free game. Almost made it seem random, no mention of that One X mailing list.

Based on people thinking this was the deal,a lot of people traded in their old systems last week. I think a lot of customers are not going to be happy because they don't have a system and didn't receive any coupons.
Yeah, I guess it's a case of counting your chickens before they're hatched.

Yeah, I guess it's a case of counting your chickens before they're hatched.
They have never done this before usually you get the free gift card with purchase. I bet this doesn't work out as well as the Game stop bean counters think it will.

Now I hope they have a B2G1 free on Saturday otherwise might just hold onto my trade credit for a better deal.

They have never done this before usually you get the free gift card with purchase. I bet this doesn't work out as well as the Game stop bean counters think it will.

Now I hope they have a B2G1 free on Saturday otherwise might just hold onto my trade credit for a better deal.
Oh the gc promo has always been automatic with purchase and never required a coupon or certificate. Gotcha. So people were thinking everybody gets the gc.

Still though it was rumored and not advertised in print or online. But you may be right, they may get a higher conversion rate but not as many overall sales.

anyway to move credit from gamestop to ebay or anywhere else? fuck gamestop
Preorder Monster Hunter World CE and Monster Hunter World PS4 Pro. They sell on eBay for more than double the cost.

It may be too late for this method, but it's worked in the past quite nicely for me :whistle2:

I would wait to see the ad for next week tomorrow, the deal could be there. I got a $50 gift card coupon and so did my brother's account. I don't have a ton of credit though so I'll have to see if there are any flips this weekend before considering one.

For those stores that have a few retro games in their 3DS/DS glass case, I was told by a manager that starting Wednesday all retro games had to be sent back to the warehouse and they couldn't put them out on the sales floor anymore. This bummed me out because I've found complete copies of Eternal Darkness ($27.99), Twilight Princess ($36.99), and Legend of Legaia ($19.99), all in good condition just to name a few.
can confirm. Had a manager say the same thing to me day before yesterday. I took the opportunity to buy every gamecube game they had

can confirm. Had a manager say the same thing to me day before yesterday. I took the opportunity to buy every gamecube game they had
well that sucks. Kinda thought they would go in the other direction on that one. i.e. start having retro games in all stores.

oh well. Theyll eventually do that come the digital generation.

i bought if off fb marketplace for 200 with extra controller both brand new.
wow, hell of a deal. I would still keep it because it might become sought after, but i dont really know how many microsoft made, since its still available it might not be that uncommon. if nothing else i would think you would be able to get your $200 back just selling the console on fb marketplace instead of taking whatever gamestop is offering.

Looks like on Pro Day the first 50 people get a scratch off card for various rewards. Weird promotional stunt, but could be good. 

From GS Twitter:

"Be one of the first 50 people in on Pro Day to receive a scratch off rewards ticket to earn points, extra trade in credit, coupons, and more..."

Looks like on Pro Day the first 50 people get a scratch off card for various rewards. Weird promotional stunt, but could be good.

From GS Twitter:

"Be one of the first 50 people in on Pro Day to receive a scratch off rewards ticket to earn points, extra trade in credit, coupons, and more..."
Do these "rewards" come with or without lube?

wow, hell of a deal. I would still keep it because it might become sought after, but i dont really know how many microsoft made, since its still available it might not be that uncommon. if nothing else i would think you would be able to get your $200 back just selling the console on fb marketplace instead of taking whatever gamestop is offering.
He could have traded it in to GameStop yesterday and gotten his $200 back, but I have a feeling there is more potential out there on the local marketplaces...

Do these "rewards" come with or without lube?
Why would a tent need lube???

I'm going to take the risk and hope the Switch retains that TIV and wait to see if Nintendo releases a special edition system for Fire Emblem, especially since my system was a used purchase. I know about the system transfer, but I'm such a good customer I should be able to alieviate that and use the Cricket wi-fi next door to do the transfer.

The store I shop at constantly has people asking for used Switch's and when there aren't none they leave not b/c of the only $20 discount, but b/c the store doesn't have used Switches, even though they are drowning in new ones for $20 more.

My main store is also out of used XB1 and new XB1S (sitting on double digit XB1X's) until tomorrow's release of the PUBG bundle and have very few non-Pro PS4's new or used. Not many people in/around the STL suburb of Fenton with 4K TV's apparently.
I think it will retain it's $200 TIV but who knows when we get a 25% bonus, right?

They didn't send me a coupon is the new I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY SIGNED ME UP FOR THEIR MAILING LIST WITHOUT ASKING ME.

thats what i thought too, i guess ill wait for a price cut on x or until i have a 4k tv

You guys are lucky your stores even put retro games on the sales floor. None of the ones around me has done that, they have been sending them back since Gamestop started taking them again. I actually just traded a few Genesis games myself over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back