Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't send me a coupon is the new I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY SIGNED ME UP FOR THEIR MAILING LIST WITHOUT ASKING ME.
Which apparently is how half a million people got the country in the first place. Which completely invalidates the effectiveness of any intended target marketing.

So when GS figures out they shot themselves in the foot they're gonna open the deal to everybody. But then every one will have already moved their credit elsewhere.

Looks like on Pro Day the first 50 people get a scratch off card for various rewards. Weird promotional stunt, but could be good.
From GS Twitter:
"Be one of the first 50 people in on Pro Day to receive a scratch off rewards ticket to earn points, extra trade in credit, coupons, and more..."
Where did you see this?

so you are telling me that half million people signed up for preorder xbox one X at GAMESTOP? GTFO
No, employees signed them up because the gs circle of life gave them preorder credit for doing so. So they just signed customers up without asking. These people c9mplained about being signed up without their permission. And now half a million people are getting a targeted marketing campaign for something they're not even interested in. And a bunch who are interested are left out in the cold.

I did the same going from a base ps4 to a pro and still game at 1080p.

Shadow of the colossus and monster hunter world look amazing on the pro even at 1080p.
I think the Pro is a great 1080 device.

Bloodborne, Nier: Automata, and The Last Guardian suffer from frame drops on the base model. The Pro's "boost mode" effectively fixes this issue.

A few other games do 1080/60. Shadow of the Colossus, Nioh, and RotTR off the top of my head. If I remember right RotTR is a bit bumpy at 60 fps but whatever the option is nice to have.

So...how many of these 'scratch off' cards are going to be stolen by employees? I wonder if th e potential rewards will stack.

I have feeling they're not even usable on proday. They'll be redeemable 2/25/2018 to 3/8/2018. Says you have to go online to redeem. It might be okay but nothing thrilling.

I have feeling they're not even usable on proday. They'll be redeemable 2/25/2018 to 3/8/2018. Says you have to go online to redeem. It might be okay but nothing thrilling.
My guess is that they will mostly be 10% off coupon codes or a free Pop Vinyl, but only the clearance ones! I also agree that they will likely not be able to be used until after Pro Day.

I posted this in the cagiversary lounge but I guess noone actually checks that. 

the 4/10 games are now getting the Elite Pro discount stacked online. Except they are coming off the original price. So the games come out to $1.50 each. Some pretty good stuff for a buck fifty a piece. 

enjoy. 

Buddy of mine is planning to get a one x within the next couple hours. Does anyone *possibly* have one of those coupons they’re not gonna use?

He’s willing to give a $10 and $5 code

Buddy of mine is planning to get a one x within the next couple hours. Does anyone *possibly* have one of those coupons they’re not gonna use?

I would tell your buddy to wait until tomorrow (or possibly even Saturday) to pick up a console because of this:

My hope is the new ad tomorrow might include the free $50 gift card without requiring a freaking coupon
However, if he really wants to pick it up today, he can probably do a return/rebuy and pick up any of the goodies that aren't being offered right now.

I posted this in the cagiversary lounge but I guess noone actually checks that.

the 4/10 games are now getting the Elite Pro discount stacked online. Except they are coming off the original price. So the games come out to $1.50 each. Some pretty good stuff for a buck fifty a piece.

enjoy.
That is a good deal

My hope is the new ad tomorrow might include the free $50 gift card without requiring a freaking coupon
That would would be the stupidest fuck ing thing that they could do. Especially when they've been so shitty about only giving the deal to those random people that signed up for their fuck ing notification list and not to anyone else. Yes, I am still extremely pissed about this whole thing.

I've been waiting to buy an X for a while now and just missed the last $50 gift card promo and this seemed like the perfect way to finally upgrade. Except that I wasn't expecting this and stupidly promised my kids that I'd have a new system today after trading the S in last night. I figured that I'd be able to just buy a new S in case it didn't go through, but supposedly they're all out of _those_too (although online it shows that they've got them?). I was really excited about getting an X and now am just mad. =( Ended up picking up a Shadow of War 1TB bundle from Microsoft after buying $50 Microsoft gift cards from gamestop.com since it comes with an extra free game (ended up with Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection, the rest weren't all that great) and can pick it up today. I'd ordered an Assassin's Creed 1TB bundle and Patrol Tech controller from gamestop and figure that I'll either try and sell that somewhere since it's discontinued, or return it to the store and let gamestop eat the shipping costs. Really, fuck them.

Panhandling for a friend...hey man, you got some change? Oh, it’s not for me, it’s for my buddy..

If anyone would like to PM me an unused code, that’s cool. I’m about to head out of work. Not going to beg however as I’ll just sit on my credit for a bit till there’s another promo.

I did email support, which I’m sure will go far

It works 8 games at a time otherwise they end up being more than a  $1.50. The math gets all wonky and they state going up by like 15 cents a game, which is still a deal. So just order multiples of 8 for the best deal. 

My Bunny balls sense tell me there will be a free black controller on any xb1x purchase on pro day that can be combined with lucky coupon winners...... but that could be the chlamydia flaring up.... 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back