Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of hope there isn't anything too insane going on Pro Day since I only have about $25 credit left right now after buying a bunch of 4/$10 games.

Is Origins priced differently in flyer PDF vs .com page? $34.99 in one , $29/39 deluxe in other. Is there a version between standard and deluxe?

I kind of hope there isn't anything too insane going on Pro Day since I only have about $25 credit left right now after buying a bunch of 4/$10 games.

Alexpguy, going from what's in the linked ad that GTAERgameing posted you have nothing to worry about. It's like a mashup a mediocre BF sales and sales that other retailers have had for the last few months.

Meh, lukewarm deals.

I’ll probably just take advantage of the extra 10% off preowned games. It lets me save my B2g1 coupon I got for renewing last week.

30% is close enough to 33% and I’m not forced to run around finding 3 games I want

As long as I can buy online I'll be in for AC Origins for $5 after $25 in rewards. Wish the Game Traveler Deluxe System Travel Switch Case was on sale. I've been waiting for it to hit $20, need a case that will hold my pro controllers.

Am I understanding the gamestop math right? On pro day, elites get a +10% trade in bonus (30 total). So when combined with the trade3 or more special (valid until 25Feb), that would be 60% trade bump for elites?

Why I ask is because on the same page, gamestop math says you can trade in an Xbox one controller ($30 or 32.50elite) and get up to 50% off a new controller, which is nothing more than using store credit from the controller trade in.

Also, XCOM2 has had good deals twice as part of the M$ weekly sales since Christmas. I bought the season pass version (doesn’t include the last dlc) for $25.

No b2g1 for pro day? Those monsters! I want Disgaea 5 PS4 and Mario Kart 8 wii u.

edit: the ad states b2g1 free only for x1 games with x1 console purchase. Obviously there will not be a b2g1 on all used games.

Welp, guess I can open my PSVR now. Kinda hoped they would have a free game instead of a half off game, but oh well. Man, the extra 10% off will be weird math again, and won't stack with anything if past Pro Days have been any indicator. Hooray 28% off games though. Truthfully, I miss the buy X games get Y0% discount they did with Wii U now. 

No b2g1 for pro day? Those monsters! I want Disgaea 5 PS4 and Mario Kart 8 wii u.

edit: the ad states b2g1 free only for x1 games with x1 console purchase. Obviously there will not be a b2g1 on all used games.
The b2g1 is a coupon that you will get by 3/10 and valid between 3/12 - 3/18.

As long as I can buy online I'll be in for AC Origins for $5 after $25 in rewards. Wish the Game Traveler Deluxe System Travel Switch Case was on sale. I've been waiting for it to hit $20, need a case that will hold my pro controllers.
Where are you seeing ACO for 30? I see $35 in the ad...still too much if you ask me.

No b2g1 sucks but if values hold (doubt it), the 30% off and extra trade look like they'd be okay for some switch game flips. That looks to be about it though. Maybe those ~~mystery coupons~~ will be great!

Guess the rumored $60 game included with Xbox One X purchase didn’t pan out. Not bad with the current offer (extra controller, PUBG, $50 GC for those who have it), but a bit harder to swallow.

So if the new copy drops price ,the pre-owned copy does it as well ?

Like call of duty will be $39.99, so pre-owned will be $34.99 plus 20% discount if you are elite prob?

Meh, lukewarm deals.

I’ll probably just take advantage of the extra 10% off preowned games. It lets me save my B2g1 coupon I got for renewing last week.

30% is close enough to 33% and I’m not forced to run around finding 3 games I want
But B2G1 is much more than 33% off when you include the Pro or Elite bonus as well.

$55 Switch game 30% off would be about $38.

$55 Switch game B2G1 would be $88 for 3 (or $30 each) assuming the extra 10% won't stack.

But yeah, finding 3 games at the same store won't be fun.

Honestly, I don't know why we got our hopes up. GameStop has had the worst deals compared to bestbuy amaozon, Target even on black Friday. The only reason why I even shop there occasionally is because of the trade in deals, and that only happens once or twice a year. It had been almost 1 year since I had bought something from GameStop.

Guess the rumored $60 game included with Xbox One X purchase didn’t pan out. Not bad with the current offer (extra controller, PUBG, $50 GC for those who have it), but a bit harder to swallow.
I am not seeing where it shows you get the $50 GC though... am I just overlooking it?

Man, if they were trying to get people to buy the $30 elite, this ad for proday doesn’t do it. Not worth it. Guess we’ll be waiting for the next pro day

I'm going to try and trade my 1s into gamestop to go to a purchase of a 1x. 

My 1s has a noisy fan. Anyone know if that's something gamestop will overlook if the console works fine or is a ymmv thing?

Final question, I have a coupon for a free game that comes with the 1x, would it be possible to return the game and free controller and put that money towards the price of the 1x? I'm pretty positive I was able to do that when I bought a elite xbox one that came with a free game.

My 1s has a noisy fan. Anyone know if that's something gamestop will overlook if the console works fine or is a ymmv thing?

Final question, I have a coupon for a free game that comes with the 1x, would it be possible to return the game and free controller and put that money towards the price of the 1x? I'm pretty positive I was able to do that when I bought a elite xbox one that came with a free game.
you might now be able to stack the free controller and free game on the same transaction. I don't think you would be able to get the money back if you return it, not sure though

It's YMMV if they overlook the fan. You shouldn't be able to return the controller or game because you didn't pay anything for them. If you find an incompetent employee and get a gift receipt anything is possible but this would be return fraud.

you might now be able to stack the free controller and free game on the same transaction. I don't think you would be able to get the money back if you return it, not sure though
Actually, now that I think about it, I believe I was able to return the free game for full price when I bought my elite x1. So, I bought the x1 and they gave me a free game. I then was able to return the game because it was unopened and they gave me cash back or put the money on my card.

Man, if they were trying to get people to buy the $30 elite, this ad for proday doesn’t do it. Not worth it. Guess we’ll be waiting for the next pro day
No kidding, none of these deals are great but I also don't recall Pro Day ever being great in the past either.

If I didn't have it on Xbox One already Dead Rising 4 for $20 would be a solid deal. Part of me is tempted to use the rest of the credit I have at Gamestop, but I can't find anything worth buying that I don't already have or that hasn't been on sale at Best Buy for less in recent weeks.

Is Proday in-store only? Or can you find deals online as well? Just my luck I'm scheduled to work all day on Saturday
I think it's in-store only, but I could be wrong. Either way doesn't look like you are missing out on too much and if you get off before GS closes you could probably drop in and pick up anything you may want.

Terrible sales. The last pro weekend had buy 1 get 2 free off clearance collectibles. I was hoping for a buy 1 get 1 free collectibles offer since there has not been one in a few months,

For anyone getting their hopes up... That 10% extra trade will not stack. Only prestige day 10% bonus credit stacks.

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe I was able to return the free game for full price when I bought my elite x1. So, I bought the x1 and they gave me a free game. I then was able to return the game because it was unopened and they gave me cash back or put the money on my card.
Some people have been able to do immediate trade backs. For example, when buying a PS4 BFII bundle they take the physical game out of the box, get trade credit for it, and apply the trade credit towards the purchase of the ps4. Granted this wouldn't net as much as a new item return.

Potential killer deal for Xbox one x

I just came back from my local GameStop to trade in my Xbox one S.the store manager said that this Tuesday the Xbox one x will come with free pubg, a free $50 gift card and a free $60 game of choice . That is a killer deal. Will be getting one for sure
I just did the same X1S trade in and got a 1X a few weeks ago. Would GS adjust and do a free game if I took the receipt to them?

So I could trade in a used XB1 controller and get 50% off a new Elite controller? If so, that seems like a good deal.

Never mind, I can’t read apparently. Just saw the fine print.

40% off board games could pan out to some nice deals, depending on if it stacks with any clearanced out boards games.
Yeah, that was the main deal I saw, but the stores around me have a horrid selection of board games. A lot of stuff like Pie in the Face and (insert video game franchise) Monopoly.

40% off board games could pan out to some nice deals, depending on if it stacks with any clearanced out boards games.
I'm hoping that its not what they had pictured for the 40 off collectibles and board games. If not then there are a lot of good things too be had.

regular edition of RE 7 trades in for $20 after $50 bonus, and the gold is $30, so I might upgrade since the season pass is on sale now for $21 at PSN. 

I have not finished Shadow of colossus yet, see if I can do that ASAP so I can trade that in as well

As someone who wants to play Sims 4, but doesn't have a PC that can do that, are the console versions completely terrible or for $25 is there some fun to be had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back