Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s actually more of when I have the best opportunity then it is stacking. I was hoping I could at least have the chance of getting the 50% tomorrow.
I thought the "up to 50% on 3 games" trade-in ran until 2/25. So are people saying trade now because of possible TIV tanking?

The Pro Day preview email just went out, it says you will get an extra 20% traded in games,accesories, etc.

If I trade in my Dualshock 4 for the $30 guaranteed trade-in, will I get an additional 20% in value if I wait to do it Saturday Morning as opposed to this evening or will the two deals not stack?
I don't see 20% mentioned in the email I received. I just see this language on the website at https://www.gamestop.com/collection/proday:

948x200_ProDay_Trade_Center.jpg

This equates to an extra 10% TIV and 10% off pre-owned.

It’s actually more of when I have the best opportunity then it is stacking. I was hoping I could at least have the chance of getting the 50% tomorrow.
Since it's likely that the trade promos won't stack, my assumption is that if I trade in 3+ plus games tomorrow I would still get the 50% and if I trade less than 3 I would get 30%.

Does anyone know how exactly the "30% off pre-owned game and accessories" is determined?
There are always only two ways to calculate multiple discounts. In this 30% off case they result in a 2% difference. In other words, it's a difference of $1.10 for $55 used game or the equivalent of either 1 donut or working 5 minutes at the taco shop down the street from me.

That's why everybody is disappointed in proday, they're giving us a free donut if we buy the most expensive tier of used games. If we buy something less expensive, we get a donut hole.

I don't see 20% mentioned in the email I received. I just see this language on the website at https://www.gamestop.com/collection/proday:

948x200_ProDay_Trade_Center.jpg

This equates to an extra 10% TIV and 10% off pre-owned.
I see 30% in my email, but then I'm elite. He may be pro. In the end I think it equates to what is in the add, an extra 10% for everybody - resulting in 20% for pro and 30% for elite on both buy or trade of games and accessories.
bdd451c4885929d752b086ffd8cd6175.jpg

I thought the "up to 50% on 3 games" trade-in ran until 2/25. So are people saying trade now because of possible TIV tanking?
This is my interpretation as well. I wouldn't put it past GS to tank values before an "epic sale"

I'm undecided between trading at 50% (lowest % worth doing in many cases) versus waiting for a better promo 60-70%

This is my interpretation as well. I wouldn't put it past GS to tank values before an "epic sale"

I'm undecided between trading at 50% (lowest % worth doing in many cases) versus waiting for a better promo 60-70%
Your TIVs will most likely drop before the next promo. So that potential extra 10-20% is going to cancel out with it. It is generally a better idea to get your $$$ when you can if a promo is 50%+.

I think they were giving 2 free games and a $50 gift card with PS4 at mine, no idea if it was for the pro or not, but people were buying the free Xbox 360 and getting 2 free games with it. All of the gamestop's in my area are run well and have amazingly kind staff, dare I say its one of the best run retail stores in my area....
Wait, what? Two free games with the free Xbox 360? That's overly generous and not part of the promotion at all. How did they do that - just zero out the games?

Looks like the board game 40% off is on select games and the list is all just card games

Edit: Actually the link just goes to the B3G1 trading card deal.

wow, the division is $7 base on ps4? i thought that was a permanent coaster, definitely will take $10 for it!

Are end of months stealthbumps still a thing? Worth risking trade in till tomorrow?
Bump happened last weekend. Still some decent trade values though. If you're trading a title that's on the Pro Day sale list, I'd suggest trading it today.

Now I've read that XCOM 2 for the consoles is poorly optimized and most people are recommended against it. Dang. I guess nothing for me on Pro Day then.

And now with recent commenters (at least one specifically) I’d suggest being very careful about specifics.

Someone has be IP address tracked to likely GS employee

Conspiracy or not. Keep an eye on what specifics are given and when that information has later become not useable.
Hopefully the mole will go back to GS and tell them we hate these crappy Pro Day sales and give us something good next time.

wow, the division is $7 base on ps4? i thought that was a permanent coaster, definitely will take $10 for it!
What? That's crazy. I bought a handful of PS4 Division games at $5 each from GS back in December (to give to friends so they would play it with me and another guy).

What? That's crazy. I bought a handful of PS4 Division games at $5 each from GS back in December (to give to friends so they would play it with me and another guy).
i know, its value was in the destiny/sports game 2014 level for the longest time. dont know why its up now but im trading it in for sure.

I am trying to interpret the controller sale... so if I trade a controller in for a new one do I get half off of the controller plus 30$ guaranteed or just 30$ marking the controller half off?

I am trying to interpret the controller sale... so if I trade a controller in for a new one do I get half off of the controller plus 30$ guaranteed or just 30$ marking the controller half off?
From what I understand you get $30 for your trade and can apply that towards a new controller which would then make the new controller about half off. If I could trade my controller for $30 and then also get a new controller for half off I would be upgrading all of my PS4 controllers.

You will get $30 for your old controller towards the new one that is $65, so you will pay $35

No luck yet in trying to get my 20% off birthday coupon. Their rewards and promotions have not been working right for a while it seems.
It shouldn't take 3 months to send me a b2g1 coupon after renewing my pur.

Alright, so I'm looking to move credit from GameStop to Best Buy. The following games DO NOT Work:
Plants vs Zombies
Madden 18
Battlefront 2

Are there any that do work?

I think they were giving 2 free games and a $50 gift card with PS4 at mine, no idea if it was for the pro or not, but people were buying the free Xbox 360 and getting 2 free games with it. All of the gamestop's in my area are run well and have amazingly kind staff, dare I say its one of the best run retail stores in my area....
I have no idea, but I saw people picking out 2 free games with the Xbox's, probably something like buy a preowned console, get 2 games under $20 each free with.

Alright, so I'm looking to move credit from GameStop to Best Buy. The following games DO NOT Work:
Plants vs Zombies
Madden 18
Battlefront 2

Are there any that do work?
Please explain what you mean by "do not work." Madden and BF2 both look to be good flips with tomorrow's sale.

Been stalking and lurking this thread for this entire past week.

Ready to pick up my One X tomorrow after thinking i was grabbing it on Tuesday with the “get a gift card and free game” fiasco.

Sorry for the double posting. My phone browser doesn’t like this forum very much.

Why is everyone complaining about Pro Day so much ? I know it’s not the best thing I’ve ever seen at GS but still...
For me the Switch Accessories on sale and discount on preowned Switch games is worth it. A lot of the newer Switch stuff you never see on sale anywhere.

Went to GS earlier and had them hold a whole bag of goodies for me for tomorrow morning.

I might be missing something but Madden 18 is $40 at Redbox to buy used... how is flipping that at Gamestop a good deal?
Yeah, your missing something. Madden 18 isn't a flip from Redbox to Gamestop. Tomorrow it will just be a credit mover from Gamestop to Best Buy.

Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are on sale at BB. It's good for those doing GS>BB and just keep the flip train going by doing BB>GS. 30 Base TIV each at GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back