Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up almost $1k in games at Best Buy. Manager had to do some price adjusts manually, never batted an eye. Never questioned me.

Man it would be like a CIA interrogation if I tried that at most GS.

Probably that is the case, I wanted to get the rental promo but I didn't hear of it until it was too late but I heard that the early adopters of it got some freebies when it was cancelled
The original elite pro beta occurred in a couple markets, one being wichita where I am at. It included a monthly $10 cert, 15% trade in, 15% off used, and 15% off collectibles. They ended the beta in October I believe, switching to the current elite pro. They got rid of the 15% off collectibles, but honored the $10 cert for the rest of the beta time period, as it cost $60 for that beta program. This was completely separate from the video game rental program.

It's so annoying to not be able to see what games a Gamestop has on a military base. You can select them as home stores but I cannot find a way to see them when it comes to pick up in store or check availability. Annoying!

I’m going to call bullshit on this ...
Very few people, other than CIG’ers and hardcore GameStop fanboys know about this sale + the sale is very weak, few flips, no huge discounts, etc.

I’ll be heading to my store at 10am and I doubt there will be a single car in the parking lot other than employees
Context

I'm not seeing where NBA 2k18 is a good credit mover from GS to BB...  BB only has it listed at $25.34 base, while GS has it listed to sell at $34.

Madden 18 is good though, and MvC:I will net you a loss of about $2 on base trade to BB.

I'm not seeing where NBA 2k18 is a good credit mover from GS to BB... BB only has it listed at $25.34 base, while GS has it listed to sell at $34.
Madden 18 is good though, and MvC:I will net you a loss of about $2 on base trade to BB.
Nba live 18 is the credit mover with GCU. $15 at gs today, base at BB is like 13.50, plus 10% from gcu.

Someone me mentioned the 50% you can get with the scratch off is on one game. It's actually works on mulitpe as it states games.

I went to my usual store and just bought a $50 PSN card using my GS credit. I had to ask for my scratch-off card, but he just acted like he forgot to give it to me. I haven’t scratched the card yet, don’t want that silver crap all over my car.

Dead Rising 4 PS4 is $19.99.  Works online, but good luck getting your order to go through.  Has anyone successfully placed an online order today?

What happens when you use certs for linked accounts interchangeably?

Dead Rising 4 PS4 is $19.99. Works online, but good luck getting your order to go through. Has anyone successfully placed an online order today?
i placed an order for the b2g1 retro and went through just fine. received a confirmation within 5 minutes.

I got b2g1 and 5000 points at two stores. Both of them had them hidden and I had to ask both times. I’ll probably go back to try to get another point one. 10% extra does not stack with the 3+ bonus also.

I’m tempted to get an Xbox 1X but I’m going to wait for a price drop. I only have around $250 credit anyway so I’ll just wait.

Still can't order from .com

They're probably discriminating because I typed "Happy Chanukah Marv." Into the gift message field.

Well I guess I am the only one so far, but all 3 of my stores said they did not get their materials for Pro Day. None of them had the scratch coupons. The last store I went to, told me that the district did not get their ads for Pro Day, so they had to print it out. Oh well, typical GS bs.

Well I guess I am the only one so far, but all 3 of my stores said they did not get their materials for Pro Day. None of them had the scratch coupons. The last store I went to, told me that the district did not get their ads for Pro Day, so they had to print it out. Oh well, typical GS bs.
That actually makes sense. If all 3 in the same district then no one got them. If only one store didn’t get materials I would find that sketchy.

GameStop.com isn't listing pro day sale prices whatsoever.

Can anyone report if they lowered pre owned prices in sync with the New sale prices, like they did with Battlefront last week (and considering this sale is like 80% the same games)

GameStop.com isn't listing pro day sale prices whatsoever.
Can anyone report if they lowered pre owned prices in sync with the New sale prices, like they did with Battlefront last week (and considering this sale is like 80% the same games)
When doing my research this morning I added every game to my cart to find the pro day price. This is a BS move on GS part, but it's what it takes to see the price online.

I did not check any preowned prices for adjustments as that usually doesn't happen.

Argh...  I didn't even think about my "$25 off any new GS item" coupon not working with something on sale for Pro Day...

At my local GS, I tried to get Madden 18 with the $25 off coupon so I could take it to BB for some credit there, and the coupon wouldn't work.  The GS employee said that the point coupons don't work for items on sale for Pro Day...

So I guess the "$25 off any new item" is by corporate discretion...?

Argh... I didn't even think about my "$25 off any new GS item" coupon not working with something on sale for Pro Day...

At my local GS, I tried to get Madden 18 with the $25 off coupon so I could take it to BB for some credit there, and the coupon wouldn't work. The GS employee said that the point coupons don't work for items on sale for Pro Day...

So I guess the "$25 off any new item" is by corporate discretion...?
I almost did the same thing. Thanks for telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back