Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to return/rebuy my X1 version of RE7 Gold. There was two problems, first the "new" copy I bought wasn't sealed, which is how I got it from the store. It was supposed to have a clear circular sticker on it to show it hadn't been opened. The store manager let it "slide" this one time. The second problem was that the X1 version was ringing up wrong in the POS, so the associate manually dropped the price by $5.

Regardless it worked and the employee doing the transaction was pretty cool.

If these b2g1s work on multiples it'll be epic. Visited a bunch of stores today and they claimed to be 'out of scratch offs' as others have reported but I really doubt it. A lot of employees around me are pretty sketchy so I wouldn't put it past them to hoard them for themselves.

All 3 gs locations i went to yesterday weren't giving the coupons to ANYONE. I had to ask at all 3 locations before leaving. I also observed them not giving coupons to people after me in line as they completed their transactions. Shady. And i am sure they won't be giving them today either and some may lie about them being gone 👿
Unfortunately maxed all 3 trades per console yesterday. At least got to move a bunch from GS>BB
at best buy i thought it was 2 per console for trades and you can buy 4 total regardless of console? Is it 3 trades per console? Jist want to make sure

If anybody was interested in XCOM 2 digital, let me know as I bought one last night, but decided afterwards I don't really want it. Unfortunately, can't return to GS since it's digital. Just looking to get the amount I spent back so if anybody was planning to get it, PM me.

I remember going about a few hours before closing yesterday and my 2 stores had a full stack each at the register. Didn't see them handing them out either, just the normal additional warranty / join pro speech to folks in front of me. The first one I went to, the guy claimed they were for people buying a system. Had to say I thought they were for purchases on pro day and then he was like "oh I guess you're right" and handed me one. Second store, the guy gave me one without having to buy anything, but I was there to buy some credit movers. I did a few trades with him last week, so maybe he remembered me. Ended up with a +5000 points and B2G1

I believe the trade in limit is 3 per platform. That's where I stopped myself.
Yes it’s 3 per console, I just wanted to add In that the 3 includes Other versions such as collectors and special editions. So 2 vanilla copies and 1 collectors edition would hit the 3 game limit.

Nice! Missed pro day, but cool employees at my local gamestop had some of the scratcher tickets and gave me a few! I guess it helped that I always put them over with great survey reviews.

Pro Day was a bust for me. My store didn't have anything in stock that I actually wanted. I was going to just get a $10 PSN card, but they didn't even have those.
You realize that they can print you out a PSN code at the register for any amount that is usually on a PSN card, right?

Unless you needed the actual card for a gift...

Can confirm new rewards certs are stacking as they should (used a $25 and $15 cert) and stores are still giving out scratchers.
On non-sale items only, right?

Before going to my local store yesterday I "bought" and printed out two $25 certs for new items ... and was not able to use them on anything that was marked down for the sale.

Tried one cert online this morning for the "Tax Refund" sale for AC:O, and was told that it wasn't applicable for the item, so I guess you can use the certs on any new item that isn't already on sale.

On non-sale items only, right?

Before going to my local store yesterday I "bought" and printed out two $25 certs for new items ... and was not able to use them on anything that was marked down for the sale.

Tried one cert online this morning for the "Tax Refund" sale for AC:O, and was told that it wasn't applicable for the item, so I guess you can use the certs on any new item that isn't already on sale.
I used the $25 one on ac origins to get it for $5, and the $15 one on RE7 gold to get it for $10. Guy just scanned them and they automatically worked. This was today, in store. Yesterday I didn't try it, as people were saying the computer wasn't taking the whole amount of the cert off.

Only thing is I had to do two separate transactions as reward certs are taken off the most expensive item (in this case ac origins).

You realize that they can print you out a PSN code at the register for any amount that is usually on a PSN card, right?

Unless you needed the actual card for a gift...
I never knew about that.
Unless Sony has recently allowed it, the GS folks haven't been able to do that from the POS. This fact has confounded my home store's SL for a while.

They CAN do any whole dollar amount within a certain range for Microsoft money though.

For the 4 per platform trade limit every rolling 30 days, does that mean that the number goes back to 0 after the 30 days is up even if you hypothetically traded in the 4th game a couple of days before Day 30?  How does the count work?

For the 4 per platform trade limit every rolling 30 days, does that mean that the number goes back to 0 after the 30 days is up even if you hypothetically traded in the 4th game a couple of days before Day 30? How does the count work?
Just count how many you traded in the past 30 days. That's it. If it's more than four the ban hammer is about to be slammed.

For the 4 per platform trade limit every rolling 30 days, does that mean that the number goes back to 0 after the 30 days is up even if you hypothetically traded in the 4th game a couple of days before Day 30? How does the count work?
No. The falloff date is 30 days from the date of each individual copy. If you traded in 3 copies (number 1-3) on February 1st, and then traded in the last copy (number 4) on February 24th, you wouldn't get banned if you traded in another 3 copies (number 5-7) 30 days after February 1st, but you would get banned if you traded in a 4th copy (number 8) if it hadn't yet been 30 days from February 24th.

Again, it's relative to the date you traded in each individual copy.

Just count how many you traded in the past 30 days. That's it. If it's more than four the ban hammer is about to be slammed.
Thank you for replying and your mathematical contributions to the forum in general.

No. The falloff date is 30 days from the date of each individual copy. If you traded in 3 copies (number 1-3) on February 1st, and then traded in the last copy (number 4) on February 24th, you wouldn't get banned if you traded in another 3 copies (number 5-7) 30 days after February 1st, but you would get banned if you traded in a 4th copy (number 8) if it hadn't yet been 30 days from February 24th.

Again, it's relative to the date you traded in each individual copy.
I think I will adopt this method just to be on the safe side since it says rolling 30 days and not just 30 days. Thank you both for your responses!

Thank you for replying and your mathematical contributions to the forum in general.

I think I will adopt this method just to be on the safe side since it says rolling 30 days and not just 30 days. Thank you both for your responses!
I haven't really had an issue with the 4 copies thing, but the $2k credit has come to bite me in the butt. Which leads to me to my next point, which is to create a spreadsheet that has title of game, platform, date of trade in, and tiv as you can easily keep track of the number of copies you've traded in per platform and the amount you've traded in.

I never thought I would hit $2k in a 30 day rolling period (i.e. I got careless), and that's how I got banned last summer.

GET UP TO 40% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD NI NO KUNI 2 OR SEA OF THIEVES
Elite Pro Members: 40% Extra Credit. Pro Members: 30% Credit. Others: 20% Extra Credit. Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Ni No Kuni 2, Sea of Thieves, or related products. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value.  Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States and Guam only.  Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 2/26/18 - 4/1/18.

FIND A STORE
GET $5 BONUS CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE IN ANY NINTENDO SWITCH GAMES
Offer valid for Switch game trades only. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value.  Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States and Guam only.  Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 3/18/18.

Some decent promos to replace the 50% one.

What has been you guys' experience with taking an online order in store and swapping out crumbling cases? I expect it is a YMMV kind of thing, but is there a good chance they'd do it? My store has always been good, very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, but haven't tried anything like this.

What has been you guys' experience with taking an online order in store and swapping out crumbling cases? I expect it is a YMMV kind of thing, but is there a good chance they'd do it? My store has always been good, very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, but haven't tried anything like this.
I've done this several times. They just hand me one of the generic black cases out of the box. My home store is chill AF though so YMMV.

Thanks, mine is too so we'll see. Hoping to get proper system cases, but that may be asking too much. Got Gears of War 1-3 (X360) all in black cases that look like they've been run over by a truck and Gears Ultimate Edition (XboxOne) in a PS3 case all with generic covers. NBA 2K16 came in the proper case with cover.

$5 extra credit on Switch Game trade-ins.... I should have loaded up on has-been heros on Saturday. Dang.
I've bought Has Been Heroes 3 times on 3 different Pro Days. Never played it, but ended up trading each one whenever there was a promotion or one of those 4/60%, etc. Bought the 3rd copy on Saturday and will trade it in to take advantage of the $5 Switch game promotion. But yeah I'm with you, I should have picked up another 2 copies.

Traded in mario and Zelda for switch the 5$ and the 40% stack or at least it is stacking rn I preordered sea of thieves

No I got a dollar bump on the games and the pro controller did hit the 40%

How did I get a dollar bump on the games tho

No I got a dollar bump on the games and the pro controller did hit the 40%

How did I get a dollar bump on the games tho
Maybe there's a misunderstanding of "stacking". So you traded a controller that got 40% bonus and you traded switch games that got $5 bonus, but you didn't get the $5 bonus and the 40% bonus on a single item. Is that right?

Anyway, I have controllers and Switch games to trade in later today, so I'll find out for sure.

Not stacking: $30*1.4=42

Stacking: ($30*1.4)+$5=47

Not Stacking but getting screwed: $30+$5=35

Stacking and winning: ($30+$5)*1.4=49^

^This will almost certainly never happen. 

What's the total per game on your receipt? 

I wasn't here for the Pikmin thing, what was the buying price and trading price, buying store and trading store, loophole/gimmick (price error, price match, misprint, coupon, etc.), and promo (50% bonus, double credit when buying cereal, etc.)?

I wasn't here for the Pikmin thing, what was the buying price and trading price, buying store and trading store, loophole/gimmick (price error, price match, misprint, coupon, etc.), and promo (50% bonus, double credit when buying cereal, etc.)?
It had a base of $45 + 60% trade in boost at the time. Other games (mostly newer titles) had a $40 base for $64 trade in value. In Pikmin's case, it wasn't really a mistake, since on the secondhand market, used copies were going for around the $50 range. This was before Nintendo made it a Selects title.

That's a whole lotta questioms... You a cop? You work for Gamestop? If you want to arrest me, just say it. Stop being so damn sneaky!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back