Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good thing Twitter didn't exist back when PikMin 3 and 3DS were around otherwise deals might have blown up and attracted a tidal wave of bitchy lurkers.

maxresdefault.jpg

I finally received the last of my 4/$10 ($1.50 each) shipments today. Out of 20 games, I got 5 CIB, 2 CB, and 13 C. Overall, I think that’s pretty good since I usually expect about 80% to be disc/cart only. As a bonus, I also got 9 free bubble mailers and 2 big boxes for shipping.

I finally received the last of my 4/$10 ($1.50 each) shipments today. Out of 20 games, I got 5 CIB, 2 CB, and 13 C. Overall, I think that’s pretty good since I usually expect about 80% to be disc/cart only. As a bonus, I also got 9 free bubble mailers and 2 big boxes for shipping.
Only a true CAG would buy games and then get excited about all the free shipping material lol

Did you order your stuff on pro-day? I made a order that night and the order is still open.

EDIT: Nvm, finally confirmed order.

Out of my 20, I got 2 CIB, 1 CB, and a lot of scratched up x360 games. I returned about half of it, but the highlight was the minty Sin & Punishment for the Wii.

Edit: long shot, but anyone want to trade their 5k points code for a 10% off any used game coupon?

I received this coupon in my active offers for a B2G1 but the paragraph just cuts off at the end:

"Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Free item must be game or accessory only. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Free item(s) must be of equal or lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for a"

Anyone else receive a coupon like this and did you have trouble redeeming it?

Damn, got called a reseller today when returning two broken copies of perfect dark. Reselling these low value N64 games is a damn gold mine!

Out of my 20, I got 2 CIB, 1 CB, and a lot of scratched up x360 games. I returned about half of it, but the highlight was the minty Sin & Punishment for the Wii.
When buying online, I try to stick with PS3 games. They have the scratch resistant Blu Ray and tend to be more complete and more well cared for than 360. (PS. I ordered 2x 360, 2x DS, and 16 PS3 games)

I went a little overboard and ordered 72 games during the 4for$10 sale... The first 12 packages arrive today :p Wish me luck for CIB games. Last time I ordered from gamestops site I got a CIB sega genesis game. Blew my mind. 

I went a little overboard and ordered 72 games during the 4for$10 sale... The first 12 packages arrive today [emoji14] Wish me luck for CIB games. Last time I ordered from gamestops site I got a CIB sega genesis game. Blew my mind.
I ordered 24. Picking up 3 packages later today. 2 are due for delivery today. 2 more tomorrow. Will up date with cib results once everything is in.

When buying online, I try to stick with PS3 games. They have the scratch resistant Blu Ray and tend to be more complete and more well cared for than 360. (PS. I ordered 2x 360, 2x DS, and 16 PS3 games)
The rest -were- PS3 games. 1 CB, and 7 disc only. I think my orders were 2x 3DS, 1x DS, 1x Wii, 7x 360, 1x XB1, and 8x PS3.

I ordered 36. Picking up 3 packages later today. 2 are due for delivery today. 2 more tomorrow. Will up date with cib results once everything is in.
I ordered 88 games and about half of them came with the original case. Mass effect 2 and 3 were almost brand new. I am having better luck with ps3 games than xbox 360 games.

I ordered 88 games and about half of them came with the original case. Mass effect 2 and 3 were almost brand new. I am having better luck with ps3 games than xbox 360 games.
Damn that's quite the backlog extension there. I don't think I'd even have room for all that.

Hey guys pardon my ignorance on this issue but I have never traded in games when there is a bonus toward a certain game. I might be picking up a Switch so I was wondering how it works? Can I put 5 dollars down toward the game (Sea of Thieves for example) and just not payoff the pre-order so I can get the credit bump? 

Hey guys pardon my ignorance on this issue but I have never traded in games when there is a bonus toward a certain game. I might be picking up a Switch so I was wondering how it works? Can I put 5 dollars down toward the game (Sea of Thieves for example) and just not payoff the pre-order so I can get the credit bump?
Yes. If you put the minimum down for preorder the whole trade gets the bump. You can pay off preorder later, or choose to roll the $5 over to another preorder that doesn't get the bonus but that you want.

Yes. If you put the minimum down for preorder the whole trade gets the bump. You can pay off preorder later, or choose to roll the $5 over to another preorder that doesn't get the bonus but that you want.
This. Also if you don't want the game but just wanna put the minimum down, do NOT tell the employee about the trade promo. I say this as some employees are buttholes and will make you put the entire $60 down.

Pro Day was a bust for me. My store didn't have anything in stock that I actually wanted. I was going to just get a $10 PSN card, but they didn't even have those.
Not too long ago I am 99% sure I bought a $5 code from them. It printed on the register receipt. Maybe it was a $10. Certainly less then $20.

I went a little overboard and ordered 72 games during the 4for$10 sale... The first 12 packages arrive today :p Wish me luck for CIB games. Last time I ordered from gamestops site I got a CIB sega genesis game. Blew my mind.
first 10 packages arrived. 28 games, 8 CIB. I was kind of expecting this though since it was about half DS games, and gamestop threw out those cases long ago.

Is the return policy for pre-owned games bought online 7 days? I ran into an employee that has always given me issues. She refused to return some of the games from my online order because it was past the 7 days. Considering it could take a week to even get your orders, I don't see how the return policy could be 7 days.

Is the return policy for pre-owned games bought online 7 days? I ran into an employee that has always given me issues. She refused to return some of the games from my online order because it was past the 7 days. Considering it could take a week to even get your orders, I don't see how the return policy could be 7 days.
Policy for online items is 30 days afaik, unless they changed it. Like you said, 7 days makes no sense when it takes at least that long to get your orders, even with their '2 day' shipping.

Does the 40% extra towards sea of thieves and $5 bonus for Switch games stack?
No. For games where the $5 is more that's what you'll get after your pro/elite bonus. Any games that the 40% is more than $5 then you get the 40%.

I tried this today with Has Been Heroes and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I did not get the 40% with HBH and I did not get the $5 with XC2. I did two separate transactions.

Got 11/12 of my games today. Naturally none of the DS games came with cases, and 3 of the Wii games were just sleeves. Surprisingly I did get 4 CiB Wii games, which was a nice surprise. I have a feeling it'll be annoying to troll for real cases at the stores.

Is the 4/10 often that glitched (price wise) online?

I couldn't get many orders through.

Hopefully next time I can fill out the missing DS and Wii stuff I've been putting off forever. Though I probably would've went overboard and bought "PetZ in the UrbZ" and crap like that.

What games did you actually get for the 4/$10 deal for people to be buying 50 of them. All the ones I saw online were crap. Curious cause a lot of them would end up being cheap coasters.

The super-low 4/$10 deal online made me jump on a few games, despite my less than stellar holiday time experience with Gamestop.com. 

This time, however, Gamestop certainly seems to have at least substantially improved its processing and notifications.  After the cluster#$@@ that was the holiday time (and a few other terrible experiences), this time thus far I'm happy to see Gamestop is shipping the items rather quickly.

Few to any of these come with cases or instructions, but that's absolutely fine with me so long as the game plays.  At these prices, I'm not picky about completeness.  These are essentially games I'm remotely curious to try out and would rather have a copy now before they generally become hard to find or sell on eBay in the $5-10, which is frankly just too much for any one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back