Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know GS GC > AZ GC doesn't work anymore but does anyone know if GS GC > Southwest GC still works?
Paid for my flight to Portland, OR all with Gamestop trade credit .

Be aware that southwest.com only allows 3 gc per transaction (as of fall of 2017). I think it also mentions that in the T&C on the reverse of the gift card. I bought 4 x $100 gc. Would have purchased fewer cards with larger amounts had I known before hand. I was just trying to not raise any flags when I bought them. I did figure out a way to get it to work out in my case. Just something to be aware of.

What games did you actually get for the 4/$10 deal for people to be buying 50 of them. All the ones I saw online were crap. Curious cause a lot of them would end up being cheap coasters.
Copy and paste:

Elite Beat Agents , Pilotwings Resort - 3DS , inFAMOUS 2 , Code Name STEAM , Evolve , Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku , Sin & Punishment: Star Success , Ragnarok Odyssey

Zone of the Enders HD Collecti , Condemned 2: Bloodshot , The Last of Us , L.A. Noire , Valkyria Chronicles , Vanquish , Crackdown , The Walking Dead: Survival Ins , Neverdead , Xbox 360 Triple Pack , Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part , Way of the Samurai 3

Granted about half were returned because of issues, but if you found all of these to be crap, your standards are too high.

What's the best way to move your Gamestop store credit?  Currently on a card, I'm just searching for things to buy, realizing I don't really need anything :\

What's the best way to move your Gamestop store credit? Currently on a card, I'm just searching for things to buy, realizing I don't really need anything :\
Buy fast food gift cards, PSN/eshop credit, and reserve games you might want to buy in the future?

What's the best way to move your Gamestop store credit? Currently on a card, I'm just searching for things to buy, realizing I don't really need anything :\
Every good plan needs an exit strategy.

3 options are below. Not gonna bother to tell you about option 4 where you save your tic for later.

*** option 1 ***
You can use gs tic to offset personal expenses:

* Starbucks gc offset coffee expenses.
* whole foods gc offset grocery expenses.
* Kohls gc offset clothing & housewares
* Banana Republic, Gap, old Navy gc offset clothing expenses
* Restaurant gc off set dining out expenses
* Netflix or other subscriptions can be paid for via gc with gs tic

I prefer not to treat it as more disposible income. Instead if it offsets an expense, I treat it as money earned to be saved. Savings account, IRA, investment account, etc. So if I have $50 of gs tic that I use to get a kohl's gc and then use the kohl's gc to buy some pants, I have now freed $50 from my clothing budget to be used as chosen. Could be for saving/investing, could pay down debt, could spend it on fun stuff. Your choice.

*** option 2 ***

Transfer to an in game currency or gc and sell that currency/gc.

People are always looking for PSN money or XBL credit. Google play. iTunes. Etcetera.

Expect to sell at a discount. 5% off, 10% off, etc. People will only buy from you if you can give them a better deal than what they can get themselves. Also this requires that you get a sufficient return on trades to cover any loss. So if I buy a game for $10 and it trades for $20 with all applicable bonuses, then buy $20 of PSN currency and sell that for $18. You netted $8 on $10 or 80% ROI.

This method would require that you track what buying/trading games (or any other traded items) for in order to make sure you can sell at a discount and still profit.

*** option 3 ***

Essentially this is the same as option 2 except you do it with a physical item. Is there a game, system, or accessory in high demand. Buy that physical item and resell it. Again you may take a loss on the face value as you may need to offer a discounted price. But if keep track of what you're doing with trades you should be able to net a profit.

Great Post
agree. I do #1 extensively to buy clothes, Starbucks and previously Amazon.

In addition, #4:

Keep an eye out for at least 1:1 movers via trade in bonuses. Amazon and Best Buy are viable options but in lower $ amounts and it's much more work than just pulling a blank GC off the shelf.

I just moved about $500 over to BB once the GS GC/Amazon GC loophole closed via Pro Day offers. Makes GS credit less attractive to me now. Still have about $4k sitting on 5 cards that I want to move about half. Waited too long to make the move to Amazon but it has come back before so I'll keep trying periodically.

What games did you actually get for the 4/$10 deal for people to be buying 50 of them. All the ones I saw online were crap. Curious cause a lot of them would end up being cheap coasters.
Out of 47 that I have received so far, I ended up keeping 18. So I'm pretty happy with that. I think I have just 5 more that are supposed to arrive today.

360:

Indianapolis 500 Evolution(CIB), Ninety-Nine Nights 2 (CIB), Jumper (CIB) , Bladestorm: The Hundred Years'(Returned) , Beowulf: The Game(CIB) , Ninja Blade(CIB) , Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (CIB) , Damnation (retured) , Hellboy: Science of Evil (returned), LOST: Via Domus(returned) , WarTech: Senko no Ronde (returned), The Bigs (returned), Clive Barker's Jericho (CIB and was Steelbook SE) , DARK (returned) , Test Drive: Unlimited (returned), Xbox 360 Triple Pack (returned), NBA 2K6 (returned) The Bigs (returned), Beowulf: The Game (returned), Jumper (returned) , Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' (returned), Test Drive: Unlimited (retured), Timeshift (CIB), Ninja Blade (returned) , LOST: Via Domus (returned), Damnation (returned), Warhammer: Battle March (CIB), Hellboy: Science of Evil (returned), Clive Barker's Jericho (returned), Sega Rally Revo (CIB)

PS3:

History: Legends of War Patton (returned),Megamind (CIB), Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Leg (returned), Remember Me (CIB), Venetica (CIB) , Overlord 2 (returned), Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (returned), Neverdead (returned), Record of Agarest War Zero (CIB), Ridge Racer Unbounded (returned)

Other:

ModNation Racers: Road Trip Vita (returned), Pilotwings Resort - 3DS (returned) , Pilotwings Resort - 3DS (returned) , WCW vs NWO Revenge N64 (cart only kept),Track & Field II NES (cart only kept) , Kung Fu NES (cart only kept), Turok 2: Seeds of Evil N64 (cart only kept),

Out of 47 that I have received so far, I ended up keeping 18. So I'm pretty happy with that. I think I have just 5 more that are supposed to arrive today.
360:
Indianapolis 500 Evolution(CIB), Ninety-Nine Nights 2 (CIB), Jumper (CIB) , Bladestorm: The Hundred Years'(Returned) , Beowulf: The Game(CIB) , Ninja Blade(CIB) , Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (CIB) , Damnation (retured) , Hellboy: Science of Evil (returned), LOST: Via Domus(returned) , WarTech: Senko no Ronde (returned), The Bigs (returned), Clive Barker's Jericho (CIB and was Steelbook SE) , DARK (returned) , Test Drive: Unlimited (returned), Xbox 360 Triple Pack (returned), NBA 2K6 (returned) The Bigs (returned), Beowulf: The Game (returned), Jumper (returned) , Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' (returned), Test Drive: Unlimited (retured), Timeshift (CIB), Ninja Blade (returned) , LOST: Via Domus (returned), Damnation (returned), Warhammer: Battle March (CIB), Hellboy: Science of Evil (returned), Clive Barker's Jericho (returned), Sega Rally Revo (CIB)
PS3:
History: Legends of War Patton (returned),Megamind (CIB), Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Leg (returned), Remember Me (CIB), Venetica (CIB) , Overlord 2 (returned), Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (returned), Neverdead (returned), Record of Agarest War Zero (CIB), Ridge Racer Unbounded (returned)
Other:
ModNation Racers: Road Trip Vita (returned), Pilotwings Resort - 3DS (returned) , Pilotwings Resort - 3DS (returned) , WCW vs NWO Revenge N64 (cart only kept),Track & Field II NES (cart only kept) , Kung Fu NES (cart only kept), Turok 2: Seeds of Evil N64 (cart only kept),
My copy of Remember Me was not CIB. It was disk only. I was able to do 3 can swaps so far. But most local game stops are dried up. Also looks like a lot of theses games have been removed from online purchase completely. Not sure if that's permanent though.

Question for anyone who has used their reward points to get the elite pro membership.

So I already have a pro membership that expires in June, if I redeem points for the elite pro membership, I'm assuming it takes effect immediately and then a year from when I redeem is when it reverts back to pro for the remaining months?

DXJUwzqX0AIkubO.jpg

From Gamestop's Twitter. So everybody gets a B2G1 on Xbox One games? 

Hallelujah

Hopefully any kinda trade deal that doesn't require pre order comes up soon.

Also ROFL for them Shaq fuing over people getting the One X even more.

Hallelujah

Hopefully any kinda trade deal that doesn't require pre order comes up soon.

Also ROFL for them Shaq fuing over people getting the One X even more.
That reminds me of my local guy who sold PUR memberships to people on Pro Day who wanted GTA 5. The game's been on sale on and off for awhile, but people saw a sale and thought it was a great time to buy it.

Question for anyone who has used their reward points to get the elite pro membership.

So I already have a pro membership that expires in June, if I redeem points for the elite pro membership, I'm assuming it takes effect immediately and then a year from when I redeem is when it reverts back to pro for the remaining months?
They will cash out your remaining months of pro. You can take that balance and apply it to the $30 cost of an elite membership. As of this posting you have 4 months or 1/3 of a year left which means you get 1/3 back from your pro membership - $5. You can apply that towards the cost of your elite membership $30 - $5 = $25. You can pay the $25 however you like - cash, credit or debit card, or even tic.

I think the following may also work. They cash you out for you $5, you then sign up for elite with 30,000 points. Admittedly I'm not sure if you can do an initial sign up with points or only renewals with points.

You will be prorated the rest of your pro and get cash back. So you will get about $5 back and when your elite expires you can renew for elite or pro.

They will cash out your remaining months of pro. You can take that balance and apply it to the $30 cost of an elite membership. As of this posting you have 4 months or 1/3 of a year left which means you get 1/3 back from your pro membership - $5. You can apply that towards the cost of your elite membership $30 - $5 = $25. You can pay the $25 however you like - cash, credit or debit card, or even tic.
I think the following may also work. They cash you out for you $5, you then sign up for elite with 30,000 points. Admittedly I'm not sure if you can do an initial sign up with points or only renewals with points.
You beat me to it. You can start an elite with points but you can not renew elite right now. That's how I did mine because I had multiple years stacked I got like $50 back.

Sounds good, thanks for the help.

Might be a dumb question but I haven't been able to find anyone specifically mentioning this: If I am trading in towards the preorder of Sea of Thieves to take advantage of the trade in credit boost, is my credit that gets the boost limited to the cost of the game, or, for example, I trade in $80 worth of games (base value) the full $80 will get the extra 40%? Sorry again if this has been addressed before but I could not find anything.

I renewed my elite on Pro Day by using the 30,000 points coupon. My membership didn't expire until September. Now it expires September 2019.

Sounds good, thanks for the help.

Might be a dumb question but I haven't been able to find anyone specifically mentioning this: If I am trading in towards the preorder of Sea of Thieves to take advantage of the trade in credit boost, is my credit that gets the boost limited to the cost of the game, or, for example, I trade in $80 worth of games (base value) the full $80 will get the extra 40%? Sorry again if this has been addressed before but I could not find anything.
I think it was mentioned. But to reiterate for everyone wondering, for any preorder trade in boost, as long as you put the minimum $5 down on that game the entire trade gets the boost. You are not required to complete that preorder at that time and may pay for it when you pick it up or may roll the amount put towards the preorder to another preorder of your choice. The POS will do this automatically, but some associates my try to force you to pay the entire amount of the preorder. Remember you have the right to refuse the completion of any deal that is not to your liking.

I think their weekly ad mentioned something about Nintendo switch on March 3rd to check out what they have?
Guessing it's a sale similar to pro day?
I will be shocked if it's actually a decent deal on whatever they got going on.

Ugh c'mon now GameStop, these XB1 only sales are killing me. Where's the b2g1 on PS4 games??
I know right? I say this now, but once I buy a One X and start buying games for the Xbox One again I will be singing a different tune. Just can't bring myself to play anything on Xbox One when I have a PS4 Pro and an OG Xbox One, just feels so dated now...

I know right? I say this now, but once I buy a One X and start buying games for the Xbox One again I will be singing a different tune. Just can't bring myself to play anything on Xbox One when I have a PS4 Pro and an OG Xbox One, just feels so dated now...
I know how you feel man! I got the 1X Scorpio Edition and I have a regular PS4, I'm forcing myself to finish the games on there just because I prefer my 1X

I was able to get five 50% extra trade scratchees

Has anyone tried to use them for console trade ins? Wasnt sure if they were excluded.

I think their weekly ad mentioned something about Nintendo switch on March 3rd to check out what they have?
Guessing it's a sale similar to pro day?
I will be shocked if it's actually a decent deal on whatever they got going on.
Was about to buy a Switch today buy I’ll just hold off til Saturday just to see if any good deals come of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back