Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a “+$10 Trade Credit on select Switch games” in my active offers now. Would that combo with the Weekly Ad +$5 deal?

Every good plan needs an exit strategy.

3 options are below. Not gonna bother to tell you about option 4 where you save your tic for later.

*** option 1 ***
You can use gs tic to offset personal expenses:

* Starbucks gc offset coffee expenses.
* whole foods gc offset grocery expenses.
* Kohls gc offset clothing & housewares
* Banana Republic, Gap, old Navy gc offset clothing expenses
* Restaurant gc off set dining out expenses
* Netflix or other subscriptions can be paid for via gc with gs tic

I prefer not to treat it as more disposible income. Instead if it offsets an expense, I treat it as money earned to be saved. Savings account, IRA, investment account, etc. So if I have $50 of gs tic that I use to get a kohl's gc and then use the kohl's gc to buy some pants, I have now freed $50 from my clothing budget to be used as chosen. Could be for saving/investing, could pay down debt, could spend it on fun stuff. Your choice.

*** option 2 ***

Transfer to an in game currency or gc and sell that currency/gc.

People are always looking for PSN money or XBL credit. Google play. iTunes. Etcetera.

Expect to sell at a discount. 5% off, 10% off, etc. People will only buy from you if you can give them a better deal than what they can get themselves. Also this requires that you get a sufficient return on trades to cover any loss. So if I buy a game for $10 and it trades for $20 with all applicable bonuses, then buy $20 of PSN currency and sell that for $18. You netted $8 on $10 or 80% ROI.

This method would require that you track what buying/trading games (or any other traded items) for in order to make sure you can sell at a discount and still profit.

*** option 3 ***

Essentially this is the same as option 2 except you do it with a physical item. Is there a game, system, or accessory in high demand. Buy that physical item and resell it. Again you may take a loss on the face value as you may need to offer a discounted price. But if keep track of what you're doing with trades you should be able to net a profit.
Whole Foods? Would you might telling me what region/state you live in? I wouldn't mind a road trip to swap out some GS for some WFM credit. Hope it's in a neighboring state to me.

Whole Foods? Would you might telling me what region/state you live in? I wouldn't mind a road trip to swap out some GS for some WFM credit. Hope it's in a neighboring state to me.
I'm in western NY. GameStop actually had whole foods gc before we had a local whole foods.

And just in case anyone was wondering, although amazon owns whole foods and many whole foods have those amazon lockers/p.o. boxes, there is no known way to do gs->wf->amz.

I’ve been buying a lot of Home Depot gift cards. I lose out on the 5% discount from Lowe’s, but I have to remind myself that I’m probably getting 30% off minimum by using gs credit

did anyone that redeemed their 5000 or 50k points from the pro day coupon get theirs yet? i went to the website on the coupon and added the code and email for my account like asked but got nothing. are you supposed to get an email with another code to finally redeem somewhere or is it supposed to be added automatically?

did anyone that redeemed their 5000 or 50k points from the pro day coupon get theirs yet? i went to the website on the coupon and added the code and email for my account like asked but got nothing. are you supposed to get an email with another code to finally redeem somewhere or is it supposed to be added automatically?
Automatically, but it can take up to 5 days.

3 options are below. Not gonna bother to tell you about option 4 where you save your tic for later.

*** option 1 ***

I prefer not to treat it as more disposible income. Instead if it offsets an expense, I treat it as money earned to be saved. Savings account, IRA, investment account, etc. So if I have $50 of gs tic that I use to get a kohl's gc and then use the kohl's gc to buy some pants, I have now freed $50 from my clothing budget to be used as chosen. Could be for saving/investing, could pay down debt, could spend it on fun stuff. Your choice.

*** option 2 ***

People are always looking for PSN money or XBL credit. Google play. iTunes. Etcetera.

Expect to sell at a discount. 5% off, 10% off, etc. People will only buy from you if you can give them a better deal than what they can get themselves. Also this requires that you get a sufficient return on trades to cover any loss. So if I buy a game for $10 and it trades for $20 with all applicable bonuses, then buy $20 of PSN currency and sell that for $18. You netted $8 on $10 or 80% ROI.

This method would require that you track what buying/trading games (or any other traded items) for in order to make sure you can sell at a discount and still profit.

*** option 3 ***

Essentially this is the same as option 2 except you do it with a physical item. Is there a game, system, or accessory in high demand. Buy that physical item and resell it. Again you may take a loss on the face value as you may need to offer a discounted price. But if keep track of what you're doing with trades you should be able to net a profit.
These are all good options! I occasionally do the buy item aka game or currency and sell it

My understanding is that all scratch-offs had to be entered online by 3/8/2018. They also have a valid date range specified of 3/5 - 3/11. My bet is you don't get anything until the valid dates. If I had to guess, which we all do because there are no T&C either on the scratch-off cards or on the website that I saw, my guess would be you will get an offer sent to you that you can redeem either in app or online like other certs or B2G1's.

I would not put it past gamestop to require a purchase to get your "bonus" points. That is they see them as add on points for any transaction during the valid dates. I'm thinking they would work similar to the double your points certs we saw 4th quarter of 2017. But no one will know until 3/5. There's no such thing as a B0G1 cert.

One thing we know for sure. Whatever people get there gonna be pissed.

"An employee told me XYZ. "
Employees that stand behind a counter don't write corporate policy, which is why a chunk of them do the jd shtick to feel like they have some control.

"I thought I was gonna get everything for free and now I only get some extra stuff when I buy stuff."
I don't know any retailer that just hands out free stuff. Everything you get is included in the price somewhere.

I just enjoy watching shit blow up. The whiners whine. And the doers do. [emoji50]

Just gave in and redeemed my 5,000 point one. It says right afterwards in the text "Your points will be added to your account no later than 3/10/18". For the other offers it said they would be added to your active offers within 5 business days...or they might show up on 3/5.
Thanks for clarifying.

I also got the coupon for $10 extra on certain switch games (looks like its all the main first party titles).  Curious how that will stack.  Might try to go trade in Arms later if I have time.

*** option 1 ***

*** option 2 ***

*** option 3 ***

You can only buy gift cards in store, right?

I know how you feel man! I got the 1X Scorpio Edition and I have a regular PS4, I'm forcing myself to finish the games on there just because I prefer my 1X
Glad I am not alone! Aside from Cuphead and Dead Rising 4, when it came out, my Xbox One has only been used to get to my cable as it is hooked up to the Xbox. I love the Elite controller though and know I will definitely play any single player multi-platform on the Xbox One X once I have one. Most of my friends are on PS4 though so I will probably continue to play multiplayer stuff on that.

Does anybody know if they have dropped the price of GTA V preowned? Doesn't show up online.

Also doesn't look like X1 B2G1 is working online. 

Ugh c'mon now GameStop, these XB1 only sales are killing me. Where's the b2g1 on PS4 games??
XBox is massively underperforming while the Switch and PS4 are doing great. It sounds like the XBox One X underperformed, the games have been lacking, and demand is way down. Better to do huge sales now while the value is up, instead of waiting for 2-3 months when they drop significantly.

Today I'm all like:

giphy.gif

"He cited NPD data that’s not public yet as the source for the Xbox One X data." Forgive the skeptic in me but a guy saying he has data that he can't show anyone but it proves something...something that seems to only be cited by his organization...eh. It could be true though, but that's some weak foundation there for proof.

That said...

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/272349/ps4-vs-xbox-one-vs-switch-global-lifetime-salesdecember-2017/

A site that actually shows their info instead of just saying it's not yet public shows exactly what I was saying. PS4 still has a playerbase that's over twice the size of XBox One. The XBox One X could sell 5 times as many systems as PS4 Pros and still would have a looooong way to go to catch up. Those numbers also consider that we're now in the third iteration of XBox One consoles, so I'm sure if we removed people buying the newer versions the player bases for Microsoft will drop much harder than for Sony.

It sucks, I want XBox to be successful just as much as the Switch and PS4, but it's not getting the overall sales it needs to compete.

Does anyone know if the 20% off preowned birthday coupon stacks with the pro discount? I'm assuming, yes. Also, is it limited to one game or multiples?

"He cited NPD data that’s not public yet as the source for the Xbox One X data." Forgive the skeptic in me but a guy saying he has data that he can't show anyone but it proves something...something that seems to only be cited by his organization...eh. It could be true though, but that's some weak foundation there for proof.

That said...

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/272349/ps4-vs-xbox-one-vs-switch-global-lifetime-salesdecember-2017/

A site that actually shows their info instead of just saying it's not yet public shows exactly what I was saying. PS4 still has a playerbase that's over twice the size of XBox One. The XBox One X could sell 5 times as many systems as PS4 Pros and still would have a looooong way to go to catch up. Those numbers also consider that we're now in the third iteration of XBox One consoles, so I'm sure if we removed people buying the newer versions the player bases for Microsoft will drop much harder than for Sony.

It sucks, I want XBox to be successful just as much as the Switch and PS4, but it's not getting the overall sales it needs to compete.
can you read my statement again? I said the Xbox one X is doing BETTER than the pro, not that the xbox one si doing better than ps4. OF COURSE ps4 is doing better in general.

I’ve got the one x/pro/switch and the switch by far gets played the least. Until donkey Kong comes out or they drop a VC announcement, I don’t foresee it doing anything less than collecting more dust.

can you read my statement again? I said the Xbox one X is doing BETTER than the pro, not that the xbox one si doing better than ps4. OF COURSE ps4 is doing better in general.
and of course the xbox one x is doing better than the ps4 pro. sony has given no incentives to buy a pro. xbox is throwing in free games, gift cards, anything to get people to buy it.

and of course the xbox one x is doing better than the ps4 pro. sony has given no incentives to buy a pro. xbox is throwing in free games, gift cards, anything to get people to buy it.
that is one of the strategies to get people to buy your product. I have a pro, and that is why I bought a xbox one X last week.

Does anyone know if the 20% off preowned birthday coupon stacks with the pro discount? I'm assuming, yes. Also, is it limited to one game or multiples?
I had a 20% off preowned birthday coupon last month that I used to buy Dragon Quest Builders on Switch. $44.99 is the preowned price, and the receipt shows a $9.00 discount (birthday coupon), then a $7.20 PowerUp Card 20% discount (I'm Elite pro), so grand total before MI sale tax was $28.79. I did not try to get a more preowned games, so no clue if the birthday coupon would work on multiples, but I thought I remember reading on the small print (in app) that it did not.

Hmmmm, I guess I should go in and check out the B2G1 sale. I just bought an Xbox One S and need some games. The only two I bought it for were Destiny 2 and PUBG with friends so far. I’m thinking I might pick up Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, and Recore....not sure what else I can grab besides maybe Halo and Gears I wouldn’t prefer on my PS4 Pro. That’s a lot of action and Shooters I’m picking up.

I just used my bday code recently, it stacked with pro discount. Limited to 1 game though

Yeah but...that's MY point. Even if it's selling better than the pro (whcih isn't saying much in general), it still is considered to be underperforming in sales. It was supposed to be the thing that skyrocketed their userbase...and it hasn't. You compared it to PS4 Pros and I was pointing out that even if it was outselling, it isn't the savior the system needed. It's the same reason why a studio can release a triple-A game, make millions in sales, and still have it considered a "flop".

I also checked to see what other info I could find. Like how in November, a key sales month for peak holiday times, PS4 systems in general (regular and pro) outsold all XBox systems, including the X. Microsoft wanted the X to be another way to get console sales because when you look at charts and see the staggering differences, and now Nintendo is slowly but surely catching up with their Switch, they could very easily see themselves at the bottom of the market.

Sony didn't need the PS4 Pro to sell well, they already were at the top of the market. Microsoft desperately needs the XBox One to start selling better, and by all accounts they hoped the X would close a gap that it absolutely hasn't.

Yeah but...that's MY point. Even if it's selling better than the pro (whcih isn't saying much in general), it still is considered to be underperforming in sales. It was supposed to be the thing that skyrocketed their userbase...and it hasn't. You compared it to PS4 Pros and I was pointing out that even if it was outselling, it isn't the savior the system needed. It's the same reason why a studio can release a triple-A game, make millions in sales, and still have it considered a "flop".

I also checked to see what other info I could find. Like how in November, a key sales month for peak holiday times, PS4 systems in general (regular and pro) outsold all XBox systems, including the X. Microsoft wanted the X to be another way to get console sales because when you look at charts and see the staggering differences, and now Nintendo is slowly but surely catching up with their Switch, they could very easily see themselves at the bottom of the market.

Sony didn't need the PS4 Pro to sell well, they already were at the top of the market. Microsoft desperately needs the XBox One to start selling better, and by all accounts they hoped the X would close a gap that it absolutely hasn't.
I understand, but I don't think MS expected the xbox one X to be a huge success. they created a more niche system, for more hardcore people. Just like the elite controller.

I think the Xbox one X is performing better or as expected by MS. it is a $500 system , it is not supposed to be flying off the shelves

that is one of the strategies to get people to buy your product. I have a pro, and that is why I bought a xbox one X last week.
Any time something like this happens to this degree, it's to bump up sales. If the XBox One X, or any games related, or hell even any of the other XBox consoles NEED that to make sales, that means it can't sell well on it's own. The pro didn't need to entice people like that, it sold just fine. If you have to give away gift cards, free games, an extra controller, a t-shirt, two tickets to Six Flags, a puppy, 3 pounds of jelly beans, and a brand new car just to say you're on top of the sales charts...that's sad.

I think the Xbox one X is performing better or as expected by MS. it is a $500 system , it is not supposed to be flying off the shelves
The demand just isn't there though. Just because they didn't expect it to remain sold out doesn't mean they didn't have expectations. If it was hitting expectations they wouldn't need to continue to incentivize purchase.

Let me just cut through all the fanboy crap here with some facts...

Xbox has HALF the active monthly users that playstaion does, therefore:

Gamestop has HALF the potential customer base for xbox games then they do playstation games, therefore:

Gamestop has to increase demand for xbox games by running more promotions for them.

Simple business sense.

P.S. I'm not hating on xbox. I love all 27 of my consoles equally.

Let me just cut through all the fanboy crap here with some facts...

Xbox has HALF the active monthly users that playstaion does, therefore:
Gamestop has HALF the potential customer base for xbox games then they do playstation games, therefore:
Gamestop has to increase demand for xbox games by running more promotions for them.

Simple business sense.

P.S. I'm not hating on xbox. I love all 27 of my consoles equally.
Those promotions come from the companies themselves most of the time, the only exception is B2G1 on preowned items as those are gamestop’s bread and butter

PS4 Pro was only good for my PSVR, which I rarely ever play. I have preferred all of my other media through Xbox one S and X because it’s just a better experience. Really Sony? Release a 4K console and don’t put a 4K disc drive in it? Still hate Sony’s outdated and boring UI, and Xbox Live is still the best online experience.... The one thing Sony has are the exclusives, but not one of them has been able to pull me away from my xbox very long...

PS4 Pro was only good for my PSVR, which I rarely ever play. I have preferred all of my other media through Xbox one S and X because it’s just a better experience. Really Sony? Release a 4K console and don’t put a 4K disc drive in it? Still hate Sony’s outdated and boring UI, and Xbox Live is still the best online experience.... The one thing Sony has are the exclusives, but not one of them has been able to pull me away from my xbox very long...
You're in the minority [emoji41]

Still hate Sony’s outdated and boring UI
The xbox UI is the Yahoo Search of game console UIs. Full of noise that damn near everyone hates, as is evident by them changing it dramatically a few months back. Not much better now but at least I only spend about 10 seconds in the UI before the game loads.

The PS4 UI is just the 360 interface minus all the fisher price colors.

The xbox UI is the Yahoo Search of game console UIs. Full of noise that damn near everyone hates, as is evident by them changing it dramatically a few months back. Not much better now but at least I only spend about 10 seconds in the UI before the game loads.

The PS4 UI is just the 360 interface minus all the fisher price colors.
Yeah they fucked up when they made the One UI. I don't know why they think tiles is such a good thing to get to where I want to go. One big tile, and two smaller tiles, below it. Some ads in my face. Too convoluted, slow and messy. I heard they changed it now to be less messy but I haven't turned it on to update it.

PS4 UI is clean and simple. Get me to where I want to go. Store on far left. Library on far right. More recent things in the middle. No tabbing, or pages to flip through. I got a Pro already so no reason to drop $500 on the One X. I wouldn't have gotten one over the Pro anyway (for some stupid reason MS doesn't allow local backup of gamesaves which I desire, and I'm already too deep in the PS4 ecosystem, e.g. exclusives, trophies, etc)

MS is still holding strong with it's own dedicated base tho. I realized this when my stupid cousin who already owns PS4 wants to buy an Xbox just to play with his buddies. I told him to convince them to get on PS4 instead.

I have both Xbox and PS4 systems so I'll just ignore all the fanboy bs...

I'm using my phone and I'm getting some errors uploading the picture.

Days ago I asked if it was normal that one of my accounts didn't get the free $10 certificate from GameStop every month that my other account gets. People didn't because believe me so I'll put an screen capture and seems like I got my elite membership when this certificate was included and then they changed their minds and took it off the membership.[attachment=29654:Screenshot_20180301-105232.jpg][attachment=29654:Screenshot_20180301-105232.jpg][attachment=29654:Screenshot_20180301-105232.jpg]

Can we start talking about more important things guys?  Like maybe any money makers we have out there with the b2g1 going?

Days ago I asked if it was normal that one of my accounts didn't get the free $10 certificate from GameStop every month that my other account gets. People didn't because believe me so I'll put an screen capture and seems like I got my elite membership when this certificate was included and then they changed their minds and took it off the membership.
Spoiler that shit. You posted the pic three times. Someone earlier said you were probably in the pilot program, which your pic clearly shows with "Elite beta", so I don't think anyone was accusing you of lying. Most people just hadn't seen it since it was only available in test markets.

Days ago I asked if it was normal that one of my accounts didn't get the free $10 certificate from GameStop every month that my other account gets. People didn't because believe me so I'll put an screen capture and seems like I got my elite membership when this certificate was included and then they changed their minds and took it off the membership.
There were two test markets that got this, I saw someone ask if you were in one but never saw your response. Most likely once your year is up you will only get regular elite without the monthly certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back