Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
For the $10 extra trade credit on "select" Switch Titles, is there an easy way to tell which titles are included? My coupon lists 8 SKU's, but the only way to find SKU's that I know of is to look at every games individual page. I've checked major titles and can't find any matches.
I'll start this list off. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 works with the $10 coupon code. It kicked the 40% bonus off as expected.

Yeah, it's very difficult to find that page. My recommendation is to just bookmark it and keep it as a reference every month.
I did, thank you :) It made me feel very stupid because nothing I tried was working.
From the main page at www.poweruprewards.com, if you click this banner it should take you to that page:

home_pro50offers.jpg

That's a crappy list of Pro benefits...

A few questions about the extra $10 switch coupon...

1)  Can we use it for multiple games in the same transaction? (ie get an extra $10 on both mario and zelda if we trade)

2)  Is it a generic coupon that can be used multiple times?

3) Does the extra $10 get added to the Pro price or the base price of the games TiV?

Of course the $10 offer shows up the day after I trade in 2 titles on the list. My coupon only lists a handful of titles, mainly Nintendo-published "AAA" titles. No language that indicates it won't stack.
I traded mario Zelda Monday should of waited but I’d figure the tiv would have dropped by now...oh well

I have payday 2 if they give me 10extra that would be sweet lol

I'll start this list off. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 works with the $10 coupon code. It kicked the 40% bonus off as expected.
I've had a hard time getting into Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I never really got into the past games either despite owning them. I don't think they are bad games at all, but they didn't hold my attention for long and with my limited gaming and backlog I will probably never beat this. I want it in my collection though. Wouldn't hesitate to trade it if the $10 and 40% bonus stacked.

Would love to see a list of what Switch games are good for this deal.

I've had a hard time getting into Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I never really got into the past games either despite owning them. I don't think they are bad games at all, but they didn't hold my attention for long and with my limited gaming and backlog I will probably never beat this. I want it in my collection though. Wouldn't hesitate to trade it if the $10 and 40% bonus stacked.

Man, this game is in my all-time top ten, but I love JRPGs and games with crafting and collecting mechanics. I think I have 150+ hrs into it. The story really gets great after the first or second chapter.

Man, this game is in my all-time top ten, but I love JRPGs and games with crafting and collecting mechanics. I think I have 150+ hrs into it. The story really gets great after the first or second chapter.
I didn't hate the game by any means. I think I am still in the second chapter myself and the story has been pretty solid so far. I also love JRPGs, my favourite genre growing up, but I just don't have the time to invest 100+ hours into these games like I would like. I try to play one JRPG at a time between playing other games. Right now my main gaming obsession is Monster Hunter World and I've also been playing Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology and I am really liking it, but am afraid I will also fall off of it after awhile.

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, but a large chunk of my backlog is RPGs either JRPGs or Western ones. One of these days I will take an extended vacation from work during a week that my wife has to work a lot so I can just catch up on these RPGs haha.

If I had to take a guess as to some of the games that qualify for the extra $10 besides Xenoblade that was mentioned I would think Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, Pokken Tournament and possibly Arms.

A few questions about the extra $10 switch coupon...

1) Can we use it for multiple games in the same transaction? (ie get an extra $10 on both mario and zelda if we trade)
2) Is it a generic coupon that can be used multiple times?
3) Does the extra $10 get added to the Pro price or the base price of the games TiV?

I didn't check if this would work on multiple games, I only had one to get rid of today.
The $10 coupon disappeared from my available offers after I used it.
I got $46 for XC2. $6 for my elite bonus and $10 for the coupon. It added the extra $6 for putting $5 more toward my previous NNK2 preorder, then took that $6 back off when I added the $10 coupon.
I'm loving XC2, I traded in the EU cartridge that was in my Collector's Edition. I only wanted the variant silver steelbook from this set. I was really shocked that the girl didn't say anything about it being the EU version as the PEGI rating is massive on these little switch carts, impossible to miss.

I didn't check if this would work on multiple games, I only had one to get rid of today.
I got $46 for XC2. $6 for my elite bonus and $10 for the coupon. It added the extra $6 for putting $5 more toward my previous NNK2 preorder, then took that $6 back off when I added the $10 coupon.
Thanks!

Edit: feeling a bit better about trading in yesterday, only missed out on $4 per game. And I moved it all already, so I can stop crying now.

If I had to take a guess as to some of the games that qualify for the extra $10 besides Xenoblade that was mentioned I would think Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, Pokken Tournament and possibly Arms.
Probably a safe bet that most if not all the Nintendo published titles are included in the offer. Unfortunately, these games don't go on sale often so I am debating on trading any of them since I know I will just buy them again anyway.

I'm loving XC2, I traded in the EU cartridge that was in my Collector's Edition. I only wanted the variant silver steelbook from this set. I was really shocked that the girl didn't say anything about it being the EU version as the PEGI rating is massive on these little switch carts, impossible to miss.
From my experience having managed a Gamestop in the past. Most employees don't do much checking outside the title if they can't scan a barcode. I also am willing to bet a lot of these employees don't even know what a PEGI rating is. Outside of management Gamestop staff tends to either not be very knowledgeable or they just don't care because they are being paid peanuts to work a few days a week.

I have a solid physical collection on my Switch right now so I may just hold off and look for some random games on other consoles to get rid of to take advantage of the bonus and maybe even upgrade to an Elite Pro since my Pro is expiring next month anyway.

On a side note, I never played Ni No Kuni on PS3 and wish they'd release it on PS4 so I can play it before I jump into the sequel. My 60GB PS3, unfortunately, died on me years ago and I never replaced it. Now I am married though and my wife has a PS3 so maybe I will pick up a copy and play it there.

On a side note, I never played Ni No Kuni on PS3 and wish they'd release it on PS4 so I can play it before I jump into the sequel. My 60GB PS3, unfortunately, died on me years ago and I never replaced it. Now I am married though and my wife has a PS3 so maybe I will pick up a copy and play it there.
Now THAT game I gave up on pretty quickly. I think there was something I didn't like about the monster collecting aspect of it. It's been awhile. I hope the new one is good.

Now THAT game I gave up on pretty quickly. I think there was something I didn't like about the monster collecting aspect of it. It's been awhile. I hope the new one is good.
I heard that about the first Ni No Kuni game from what I understand the sequel does not have the monster collecting stuff in it. I love Studio Ghibli and always meant to go back and play the original, but at some point, after seeing all the re-releases on current gen I figured that Ni No Kuni was a shoe-in since it came out later in the PS3s life, but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Most people lose/need to get rid of a console when getting married. Yours is a keeper.
Haha, yeah that's part of why I married her! She allows me to buy video games and even let me have a Game Room in the house!

Most people lose/need to get rid of a console when getting married. Yours is a keeper.
I always find that weird. You're an adult yet have your wife dictate what hobbies you can enjoy. I'd be real hard pressed if my gf told me I couldn't play games anymore. Helps that she plays some herself but fuck no, not giving up something I've done since before I met her.

This guy seems to think $5 and $10 bonuses on Switch games stack. https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/comments/81g9tt/gamestop_switch_trade_in_money_maker_propro_elite/

Edit: nevermind, he doesn't. Misread it. But regardless, know that this post is on Reddit and could kill the deal.
Why would this being on Reddit kill the deal? You've got to put some effort into doing this and I am not sure how Gamestops policy works with buying back games you just traded in.

A grown up man that has to sell videogames because the wife does not like it, is nothing but a boy, that should be eating Tide pods , getting offended in the internet and jerking off to hentai.

I always find that weird. You're an adult yet have your wife dictate what hobbies you can enjoy. I'd be real hard pressed if my gf told me I couldn't play games anymore. Helps that she plays some herself but fuck no, not giving up something I've done since before I met her.
I agree, if my wife tried to prevent me from gaming/collecting we wouldn't have been together very long. Any relationship I have ever been in I always make it very clear from the start that gaming is something I am very passionate about. I even have a couple of video game related tattoos to reinforce how serious I am about my video games!

Do you guys play games in the kitchen or something? I don’t understand how this would affect your wives.
I honestly don't know where this discussion started. All I said was that my wife has a PS3 and my OG 60 GB died before we met and now that I have a PS3 available to me again that I could play Ni No Kuni. Somehow this turned into wives not letting husbands play games.

I do occasionally play my Switch in the kitchen though.

The 8th game is 1-2 switch.

So I flipped 3 switch games I got with my B2G1 coupon for $138.  Purchased them for $96 and used the $10 coupon when I traded them in.  On top of that I’ll get a bunch of points for the purchase and the trade in, as well as using the credit to purchase something else.  Should be good for another $10 rewards once they register in the account tomorrow.

So I flipped 3 switch games I got with my B2G1 coupon for $138. Purchased them for $96 and used the $10 coupon when I traded them in. On top of that I’ll get a bunch of points for the purchase and the trade in, as well as using the credit to purchase something else. Should be good for another $10 rewards once they register in the account tomorrow.
The $10 bonus stack?! That’s certainly surprising.

BTW for those who have multiple scratch offs with different promos on them, are you entering them all under one account? I have 2 5,000 bonus points and was wondering if I can enter both under one account. I have several acccounts so it’s not a concern to spread them out but was wondering it it will show up correctly.

BTW for those who have multiple scratch offs with different promos on them, are you entering them all under one account? I have 2 5,000 bonus points and was wondering if I can enter both under one account. I have several acccounts so it’s not a concern to spread them out but was wondering it it will show up correctly.
It stacks with your elite pro.

I had 2 5,000 point scratch-offs, got 10,000 points added to my account yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back