Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
No where in that flyer did it say one day only, says through the 10th unless otherwise noted, and in that GameStop Twitter pic, there's no date listed under that 50-% mention.

The flyer says "with purchase of any product featured in this flyer", but I'm curious if the eShop cards in the flyer would count. Probably not...

No where in that flyer did it say one day only, says through the 10th unless otherwise noted, and in that GameStop Twitter pic, there's no date listed under that 50-% mention.
I called just now and they cannot confirm anything about the 50% bonus coupon. Can anyone confirm it is still working?

Is there a reason CAG16 doesn't stack with my Elite discount on pre-owned games, or is it just a glitch?
Ya it only works with Pro accts not Elite accts...so u get a bigger discount for ordering online using a Pro acct instead of Elite, silly I know.

Just picked up a used copy of xbox one stardew valley from gamestop and it still has the Xbox one sealed sticker and some cellophane on it. Somebody flipped it in a hurry.

Clean your shit up. Keep a $0.49 box cutter in the car if you have to.

Ya it only works with Pro accts not Elite accts...so u get a bigger discount for ordering online using a Pro acct instead of Elite, silly I know.
Have you or anyone confirmed cag16 works with Pro recently? I tried stacking it in January, but it was no good.

I try to see this thread often but i had no idea there was a b2g1 on xbox one games today. im glad i went to a gamestop today. at first i thought they were being sneaky and were talking about the console bundle, but no.

Im so glad i didnt decide to pick up movers to BB where you take a hit. this was great. i just wish they had more used copies of wolfenstein

Any recommendations on B2G1 X1 games to flip to BB?
the best one for me was destiny 2. great flip, and theres loads of used copies of it.

Finding games to match with Destiny and Wolf was pretty hard . Stores were wiped. Either they don't get a lot of Xbox trades, or people really caught on to good sales.

So do we have a confirmation how the switch thing tallies? Clearly the five and ten shouldn't stack nor the 70% scratchers lest we be getting a record $68 for Zekda come March 18th. But is it $46 right now? Or just $40 (overriding the Elite 20)?

So do we have a confirmation how the switch thing tallies? Clearly the five and ten shouldn't stack nor the 70% scratchers lest we be getting a record $68 for Zekda come March 18th. But is it $46 right now? Or just $40 (overriding the Elite 20)?
The $5 extra credit bonus for all switch games ends 3/18. The extra coupon bonus from the Switch day ad starts on 3/19.

As for what it is right now: I got $42 on Monday using the 40% preorder bonus. Base $30 * 1.4. The $5 extra was not applied (it was on there but went away when I added preorder). The $10 extra coupon is supposed to stack according to people here.

The $10 coupon stacks with the elite bonus. I got $46 for Zelda. The employee at my store tried telling me that he didn't need the $10 coupon since he had a barcode to scan, and tried telling me it was $41. I told him I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be $46, he scanned my coupon, and sure enough, it went to $46.

A different time at this same store, I brought 6 games to trade, 4 with case and 2 3ds games. He does his thing and tells me I'm getting waaay less than I was expecting, so I asked him if he got the 3ds games. He didn't. The trade jumped up like $60.

I can't imagine how much people get screwed there when they don't go in knowing what they're supposed to get. I'm sure this guy didn't do these things on purpose, but still...

Do you guys think it be wise to upgrade to elite just to get buy 2 get 1 coupon

I would renew my pro a few times if you can first. Don't use any of the coupons though and then upgrade to elite. If you renew pro twice and then upgrade you upgrade for free and have 3 coupons for the same price. If it's more than twice you will get cash back. You will have to spread this out over a few days.

Anyone know if Mario Rabbids works with the +$10 coupon in active offers?  It's frustrating how it says "select switch  titles" but doesn't specify which.  Thanks

I would renew my pro a few times if you can first. Don't use any of the coupons though and then upgrade to elite. If you renew pro twice and then upgrade you upgrade for free and have 3 coupons for the same price. If it's more than twice you will get cash back. You will have to spread this out over a few days.
So three different b2g1 coupon appears in your active offer? I thought you can only have one b2g1 at a time. Awesome tip if this works.

I agree that is not ideal and is not in our favor. But they're not lying to us about how it works.

If the way certs are applied is disturbing, then you should be complaining about PUR elite too because it reduces the purchase price by an additional 10%, which means elite doesn't earn 50% more points than pro. Instead they earn 33% more. [emoji22]

Crying about rewards systems that pay you 2% to 3% is rediculous.

Power up rewards points are the equivalent of skee ball tickets at the arcade. If you're trying to buy the big screen TV with skee ball tickets you're getting hosed. Don't get me wrong, a bonus is a bonus.

And it's not shady if we know about. I'd agree it's not ideal. You just have to know how and when to use points/certs.

Shady is when they sign you up for the X1X notification list w/o permissio. Or when employees just tack on disc protection without asking.
As stated before a douchebag defending gamestop

The list of Switch titles that qualify for the extra $10 need to be added to the OP so I can start using these again

hTuNrKw.gif

X6nHYyO.jpg

Seems like FAQ possibilities include how many can I trade in to GS and B.B.

Seems like besides that maybe when a new thing come along, we can come up with a couple FAQ for what’s going on.

But really seems the best reason for FAQ if for the GIFs :) I think the people that would think to read them know what they would say

Seems like FAQ possibilities include how many can I trade in to GS and B.B.

Seems like besides that maybe when a new thing come along, we can come up with a couple FAQ for what’s going on.

But really seems the best reason for FAQ if for the GIFs :) I think the people that would think to read them know what they would say
Old thread had a current deals list that got updated. I know you post things of note from the ad, but maybe you could post an aggregated list of on going deals with expiration dates and any aggregated info posters have stated in the thread. Seems like some offers will be sent to app, or in print adds besides the weekly flier.

Once you do that ferrari will be overloaded with meme work.

Had a question, for those who redeem their pro day coupons, when the coupon finally showed up on your account, what expiration date did it show? Or are they only good til 3/11?

I was also warned of doom and gloom and possible account banning if I attempted to use more than one coupon from Pro day. I'm assuming that they're just full of it though.
Not a concern for me since I only had one. I redeemed all my scratch offs three days ago but none has shown up in my account yet. Hopefully soon.

Has anyone tried to buy a FandangoNow GC (not to be confused with Fandango) with trade credit?  I can't imagine it wouldn't be an issue, but I figured I would ask.

Just a heads up scratchers are still out there...I got one yesterday.  Just make sure you ask if you buy something.  I just mention that I missed pro day at the end of my transaction. 

Welp the last of my pro day two day shipping $4/4 packages comes and one of the two GTA4's they sent was a GTA5. Hope it trades for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back