Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on my scratch off codes to come in. Clearly I am not the only one.

If this was Best Buy I would have no concern.

Welp the last of my pro day two day shipping $4/4 packages comes and one of the two GTA4's they sent was a GTA5. Hope it trades for more.
well that worked out well for you. I ordered 2 Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, and one was a vanilla version. 😫

Just received an email from GameStop with an extra B2G1 free "you were one of the first members to hit up Pro Day" pretty sweet.

I just got 2 emails from them. The coupons in the emails are duplicates of the ones in your active offers. So it won't be an extra one unfortunately.
I have two in my active offers and two in my email and they all have different EBC numbers. Would that still fall under duplicates even though they are each unique?

Img of the flier where it says the trade in bonus

aXwS7Os.jpg

Saturday technically was the one year anniversary and they sort of worded some things about like it was a one day thing to get you in the store, but yeah the deals like that 50% and discounted cases and cables should be good through the 10th

Does the 40% for Elite Pro (for putting toward Ni No Kuni or Sea of Thieves) compound with the 20% trade already? 

Your post doesn't make any sense. You had one coupon, but redeemed "all" of them?
Had one B2G1, a 5,000 PUR points, a 50% extra trade in, and a 10% off preowned. The one coupon comment was in response to the GS employee one usage of the 50% extra trade in claim.

According to this dude, you could only use one coupon from Pro day altogether. I was denied the use of my 10% right afterwards.
I would just go to another location. If it’s in your active offer then no reason you are not allowed to use it.

dumb question: the 50% bonus trade in towards a featured switch game, is it 50% of your total trade in or 50% extra credit for your most valued trade in item?

I've been waiting for that trade 4 or 5 games in for 50%, but considering i want some switch games this may prove to be worthwhile

Having upgraded from Pro to Elite, Xenoblade 2 (Switch) seems like a good deal if you're on the fence about playing it.  It's $44 pre-owned, $36 TiV + either the $5 or $10 bonus from the adds discussed above.

Am I missing something?  I know this isn't some major flip.  Just seems like a great way to give this game a shot at no risk.

Had a b2g1 left on my account so used it to get mario odyssey, mario kart 8 deluxe and pokken at one store. Went to another store a few blocks away and traded in mario odyssey and mario kart 8 deluxe since I already have them. Used the $10 coupon to trade each for $46, so $92 total. The 3 games cost me $93 total after elite pro and b2g1, so got pokken for $1 net.

Had a b2g1 left on my account so used it to get mario odyssey, mario kart 8 deluxe and pokken at one store. Went to another store a few blocks away and traded in mario odyssey and mario kart 8 deluxe since I already have them. Used the $10 coupon to trade each for $46, so $92 total. The 3 games cost me $93 total after elite pro and b2g1, so got pokken for $1 net.
Gonna do this for ARMS today...glad to know it works.

Having upgraded from Pro to Elite, Xenoblade 2 (Switch) seems like a good deal if you're on the fence about playing it. It's $44 pre-owned, $36 TiV + either the $5 or $10 bonus from the adds discussed above.

Am I missing something? I know this isn't some major flip. Just seems like a great way to give this game a shot at no risk.
Switch trades are only worth while if you can buy with additional 10% off or b2g1 and trade in with 50% extra. End up netting between 37.50 and 65 depending on which promos you use.

Switch trades are only worth while if you can buy with additional 10% off or b2g1 and trade in with 50% extra. End up netting between 37.50 and 65 depending on which promos you use.
Tempted to do the B2G1 on Switch games to use later with the 50% extra coupon starting the 19th. Hoping the TIV doesn’t decrease between now and then...

So, does anyone know if the 10 dollars extra tiv toward Switch titles stack with the 40% preorder bonus for Sea of thieves or ni no kuni ii?  That would essentially make pretty much all of the select Switch titles 52 bucks apiece in trade....

But here I'm not really thinking about any kind of flip. Instead, I see an opportunity to use already-obtained store credit to purchase Xeno 2 and either (1) keep it for months if I like it or (2) trade it back in at almost the exact price in 2-3 weeks (I have to doube check when the promo expires).

Is that an incorrect assessment?

It’s a good price and runs games decently. Just replace the HDD with an SSD and install Windows, then it’s a capable machine.

Is it 350? Not terrible for one with an i7
It's actually the $299 refurb but I'll bet it's brand new and just wasn't selling at retail price. I'm debating whether the cost of a windows license is worth it but I do have a load of GS credit

But here I'm not really thinking about any kind of flip. Instead, I see an opportunity to use already-obtained store credit to purchase Xeno 2 and either (1) keep it for months if I like it or (2) trade it back in at almost the exact price in 2-3 weeks (I have to doube check when the promo expires).

Is that an incorrect assessment?
Not really wrong. Just depends what your goal is.
Some games I want to keep, some I wanto play now and trade back, and some are just to flip/boomerang. I did pick up some games from the Xbox B2G1 this past weekend with a goal playing them. But I chose to reprioritze to play them right away so I could trade them back while I have a chance to get more trade credit for them. These were shorter games that could be completed in 5 hours or less. I opted to take a net $0.30 loss per gamr on the one set. But where can you rent a game for $0.30 for 2 weeks?

Usually I try to extract the most money first, then purchase with minimized loss/expense.

With a B2G1 PUR elite members pay $0.53 on the dollar. Stated another way you get 47% off. So you get $165 worth of used switch games for $88. With a 70% trade in bonus and a TIV of $30 per game you would get $153 of tic for 3 games that cost $88 yielding a $65 increase in tic. Now buy the $44 game you wanted in the first place, netting you a game + $21 increase in tic.

Just my thoughts. Remember everyone's trading needs will be different because we have different goals. If the deal works for you, you should do it.

Some games I want to keep, some I wanto play now and trade back, and some are just to flip/boomerang. I did pick up some games from the Xbox B2G1 this past weekend with a goal playing them. But I chose to reprioritze to play them right away so I could trade them back while I have a chance to get more trade credit for them. These were shorter games that could be completed in 5 hours or less. I opted to take a net $0.30 loss per gamr on the one set. But where can you rent a game for $0.30 for 2 weeks?

Usually I try to extract the most money first, then purchase with minimized loss/expense.

With a B2G1 PUR elite members pay $0.53 on the dollar. Stated another way you get 47% off. So you get $165 worth of used switch games for $88. With a 70% trade in bonus and a TIV of $30 per game you would get $153 of tic for 3 games that cost $88 yielding a $65 increase in tic. Now buy the $44 game you wanted in the first place, netting you a game + $21 increase in tic.

Just my thoughts. Remember everyone's trading needs will be different because we have different goals. If the deal works for you, you should do it.
Very good explanation, and exactly what my thought process has been. I missed out on Pro Day because I joined right after, but I have my new member B2G1 to use.

Super sad i never found a 50% extra scratcher for this reason. Did get a b2g1 so I guess I can't complain tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back