Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonus or actual profit? If actual profit, then I'm impressed.
Actual profit, but that's only because I got lucky. I bought a huge lot of games on ebay from a guys that said it was ps1,2,3,4, xbox, 360, xbone, wii, and wii u games. When it arrived it was just ps3 and 360 games so the guy refunded me and i got almost 200 games free. I traded in the ones I didn't want to keep today.

948x200_70_Trade_Switch.jpg

Just noticed this on the main Trade page on Gamestop.com... Uuuuuu

Weird the banner is on the trade page, but not listed as a promotion below. So we can’t see the details.

Would be awesome if it stacked but I doubt it would. Hopefully someone Has time to try it.

Frack! I just wanna get rid of my controllers. Is ≥ 50% extra tic asking too much?

Note: I wasn't so fortunate to get one of those 50% bonus tic pro coupons.

So who's going to roll up tomorrow with $300 worth of trades to buy 1 new copy of Has Been Heroes for $10 just to get the 70% bonus? 🙋

Hooray. Time to unload the Master Wait 30 Minutes to Find Players Then Glitch Loading Map Collection .

Now the real question is, do I rush to trade in everything tomorrow or do I take a chance values won't tank by Saturday and see if there is a sneaky early month stealth bump. 

Now the real question is, do I rush to trade in everything tomorrow or do I take a chance values won't tank by Saturday and see if there is a sneaky early month stealth bump.
There's already a bump dude. Odyssey is $30 base. It's the highest it will go. Idk about others.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

There's already a bump dude. Odyssey is $30 base. It's the highest it will go. Idk about others.

Hard to track the "universal" bumps lately. For instance, Steep base was $12 for months, then went to $14 about 2 weeks ago (for about 3-4 days), now back down to $12.

Trade the stuff that sounds as high as it's gonna be (the stuff that is like $30 already) and wait on the stuff that's currently noticeably lower than it usually goes (Plants).

Just noticed Madden 18 dropped from $17 yesterday to $15 today...all the other trades I have stayed the same since last weekend. 

The trade-in page now shows the details. for some reason it says Elite gets extra 40%, Pro gets extra 30%. Maybe a mistake.

Also, $50 bonus credit when trading PS4, Xbone, or Switch toward new Switch. But does it stack? Probably not...

Also... 40% extra credit when trading toward Nintendo game preorders. Same wording as Ni No Nuki/Sea of Thieves, so must be 40% total for elite.

Oh god this is going to be a fliporama provided there are actually any switch games left in stores at this point. $51 for the highest value games is gonna be brutal, especially with all the b2g1s running around out there from scratchers. Th ats one way to sell Has Been Heroes I guess.

Do the scratch off coupons stack with each other? Does the 10% off preowned scratch off stack with Elite and a reward certificate?

I don't think so. Mainly cuz almost everything outside switch games have meh TIV's. I think for everything outside switch games, TIV's last month (the "most wanted ones" or whatever they were called) were better, even though that was only a 50% boost.

Yesterday I found the Switch flyer from this past weekend showing the future 50% TiC coupon with purchase of anything featured in the flyer. I know a different picture was posted, but I figured I’d post the whole promo.

The current 70% is probably better, but this might help someone out...

[attachment=29749:7167267F-0A10-43A0-B556-929AD3CDE2B8.jpeg][attachment=29750:B15CFC51-C713-489C-A4F8-3A29306F4ACF.jpeg]

Seems like this'll be a good opportunity to use some horded PUR points so they can stop commenting on them every time I buy a game. Still kinda holding out hope for half off BF certs but we know how well that worked out last year lol

If someone has a B2G1 code, I'll trade you a Fallout 4 Season Pass code (PS4)..

I've been out of the flipping-game for a while. I may be rusty. Might only make 1K this time around.

The max profit you can make from a B2G1 is like, what sixty something dollars? Do you guys have like 10-20 of these things laying around to make all this profit you're saying or am I missing a sale going on?

I’m in New York so there are a good 20 Gamestops around here. I can hit 10 in the morning shift and the same 10 in the afternoon shift when the workers switch.

damn I havent seen any good deals on facebook or any of the sale apps to build up a good trade in stack, gonna have to hope for some good deals to come up!

It's as I feared. There are only about 3 preowned first party switch titles within 100 miles of me at this point so not going to be worth the time or gas to get in on this round i think. Doesn't help that the pawn laws around here dictate that stores have to hold all trades, even for credit, for at least 2 weeks before reselling. Makes it hard af to keep inventory.

No. Im going to buy PUR pro on multiple email accounts and get a bunch of B2G1 coupons.
Doesn’t this eat into your profits? Unless you have lots of points on each of your accounts. I have about 2m cumulative points across my multiple accounts, but there just isn’t enough set of games for the kind of profits people are talking about. Guess flipping is a day job for most people.

Can’t wait to see how this trade deal works out. I’m just hoping for enough trade credit to pick up Scribblenauts and Wonder Boy today

Doesn’t this eat into your profits? Unless you have lots of points on each of your accounts. I have about 2m cumulative points across my multiple accounts, but there just isn’t enough set of games for the kind of profits people are talking about. Guess flipping is a day job for most people.
Yes it does eat up profits quite a bit but after all the points I'll accumulate from this, I'll just use them to buy PSN/XBL codes and sell those to make up for it. And it really does take up an entire day for me. I'll call out of work since I'd make more from flipping that day. Though I have to admit, the killing of GS gift cards to Amazon GCs makes me not wanna go all out on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back