Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what I’m thinking. But I have flipping buddies in the Midwest and Cali who are living it up with flips right now
I am in AZ so maybe it is something along those lines.

That's true. My bad.

Still current count is 3 failures and 1 success outside of op. And we think simultaneous trade in is required.
No problem, if we can get it worked out then it could be another flipalooza like last spring/summer

Eventually got the generic code to work at my home store. I'm cool with the ASL there and I was talking to him about it and if he's okay with trying some stuff out with the POS (nobody else was around, so he had time). As best as we could tell from trying a few different things, it seemed to trigger when a trade was done in the same transaction and when the purchase included switch games. I was trading in a decent amount of last-gen games though, so maybe something triggered it that way. Either way, pretty stoked to turn ~$250 trade credit into nearly $400. Fingers crossed they don't fix this by open tomorrow, because I can't make it out anymore tonight.

I find it interesting that since BB was banned and now all of CAG doesn't have the blueprint on how to rape and plunder GS on a daily basis (aka sheet access), we are starting to see some really good trade deals again.

Coincidence??
People can have access just not through CAG anymore since leadership here has shown me they just don't care about the community but about affiliates, twitter hits, how people see them as gods and delete/change posts they don't like, and $1.1 million homes in Port Washington. I miss our convos on here but unfortunately that was taken away. Have fun all!

Eventually got the generic code to work at my home store. I'm cool with the ASL there and I was talking to him about it and if he's okay with trying some stuff out with the POS (nobody else was around, so he had time). As best as we could tell from trying a few different things, it seemed to trigger when a trade was done in the same transaction and when the purchase included switch games. I was trading in a decent amount of last-gen games though, so maybe something triggered it that way. Either way, pretty stoked to turn ~$250 trade credit into nearly $400. Fingers crossed they don't fix this by open tomorrow, because I can't make it out anymore tonight.
New switch or used switch for purchase?

I'm happy to see GS finally doing some good promos again. It sort of makes sense they probably want to increase revenue by the end of the quarter. They might need to boost their numbers however they can by the end of March for their shareholders to be satisfied. After the holiday rush in December and their lack of deals lately, I could understand that. I'm going to try to make my list, check it twice, and hit up at least one store tonight maybe. I'll be waking myself up early tomorrow to really make the rounds.

I did trade in a switch game and also bought switch games. It still didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

worked for me, did trade in a couple games and also picked up HBH
attachicon.gif
20180309_152146.jpg
Post the date on that receipt.

I find it interesting that since BB was banned and now all of CAG doesn't have the blueprint on how to rape and plunder GS on a daily basis (aka sheet access), we are starting to see some really good trade deals again.

Coincidence??
I miss the sheets...CAG needs super programmer john to make us new sheets

I only bought used switch games.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I had a new copy of Troll and I in the transaction, I wanted HBH because it was cheaper, but the store was all out. Tried to get my buddy to sell me a pre-owned copy at the new price, but he wasn't having that, lol.

So this is happening right now.
For some kind of Mario related anniversary it said. But we're already trying to celebrate our own way.

[attachment=29768:Screenshot_20180309-193748.png]

I'm in the midwest (eastern time zone) and it worked about two-ish hours ago for me.
Midwest here (Chicago) and the B2G1 didn’t work unfortunately. Manager didn’t seem to know what he was doing. He said it wasn’t working because “sometimes hackers steal codes from us” lmao. Gonna try another store I guess.

I’ll note that I was trying to trade in an Xbox One X at the same time, with the 25% extra, that might have canceled the B2G1 now that I think about it.

No go with ebc.

Trading in 3 ps4. Buying 1 new switch game and 3 ps4. Code came up as invallid.

Removed PS4. Added 3 switch used. Code came up as invalid.

I'm in western NY obviously EST.

Moved some plans back and went to try it. No go for the lower East coast it seems. Tried at 2 stores, at both I traded in switch games, bought HBH new and tried to combine it with 3 switch games. Just came up as invalid code, which I saw on the POS. Disappointed!

So the dark souls amiibo is available as a web in store pre-purchase. I just bought mine.
What do you mean exactly? You were able to pre-order while in-store of a GameStop, or were you able to order it via the website for in-store pickup? I have one pre-ordered from last night but ship to my address, would love to be able to pick up at a store instead to save on shipping. I had also tried pre-ordering while in a store last night around 8pm but their POS wouldn't allow it at the time.

Tried another GameStop to no luck. Still walked out with like $400 in credit. I hope someone could explain why it’s working for some and not for others.

Code worked here....flipped some games and grabbed a bunch of Switch and XBox games to try and toss tomorrow...woo hoo....thanks whoever posted it, sorry I don't want to scroll back and check thru the posts

Tried another GameStop to no luck. Still walked out with like $400 in credit. I hope someone could explain why it’s working for some and not for others.
I kind of want to try another store before they close that I saw got an influx of switch games but it might be better to try first thing tomorrow if it really is a pos issue. The dude at the store I tried didn't believe they were doing a 50% for games and told me it would only work with preorders lol. Looked so defeated when he saw them bump to 51 with hbh added haha

A guy was trading in his 360 w/ about 50 games ($130 base credit) and then picked up Bayonetta for Switch pre-owned. I then said "hey you should get that new per the promo on their website". Cashier walked over and scanned new said "Whoa your credit jumped way up!".

The cashier said thanks for the heads up. I know inside he probably hated me haha.

What do you mean exactly? You were able to pre-order while in-store of a GameStop, or were you able to order it via the website for in-store pickup? I have one pre-ordered from last night but ship to my address, would love to be able to pick up at a store instead to save on shipping. I had also tried pre-ordering while in a store last night around 8pm but their POS wouldn't allow it at the time.
I tried web in store today, but they said that i would have to pay shipping still. I ordered this afternoon via the website with another game i will return to get free shipping.

Thank you to the people that posted codes and info today. Made a few hundred back on my trade card and have a Has Been Heroes to get the coins for then dump back next week.

So I just stopped by another store. The posted code didn't work. I was talking to the guy (we're on good terms) about these codes not posting and he said you can actually use the code from the scratch off itself. I only had a 10% to try but it worked!

You could dump it now. With the 5 dollar promo you get more than a 70% bump would be.
Was too tired/lazy to drive to another store at the end. I can always just say the game sucked when trading it since the $5 promo goes until the 18th.

So I just stopped by another store. The posted code didn't work. I was talking to the guy (we're on good terms) about these codes not posting and he said you can actually use the code from the scratch off itself. I only had a 10% to try but it worked!
You mean the 9 digit code under the scratch area? Ooh that's great.

So has anyone been able to use a 10% off any preowned game scratcher on multiple games? Or has that been verified to only work for a single game?

Same here I tried it at 5 pm EST. Didn't attempt anywhere else. Was trading in switch game and buying 3 games (2 switch, 1 ps4).

On the bright side I felt like I did a good deed tonight. A guy was trading in his 360 w/ about 50 games ($130 base credit) and then picked up Bayonetta for Switch pre-owned. I then said "hey you should get that new per the promo on their website". Cashier walked over and scanned new said "Whoa your credit jumped way up!".

The cashier said thanks for the heads up. I know inside he probably hated me haha.
You also saved that guy from losing out on getting Bayonetta 1, since it's a packed-in download code, so surely the person that previously traded in Bayonetta 2 would have used the code already.

Did anybody else get a Pro Day Bonus of 5,000 points? Is it from the scratch off? I redeemed three so I hope that I get them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back