Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I can think of is that maybe not all registers are updated to take the code? Possibly have better luck tomorrow?

He manually put it in, not sure if he threw an "EBC" or anything else before or after it. Said he had been doing it all week.
This makes sense. Based on my conversation with the girl who did my trade tonight just entering the code should work. I was totally confused at the time because I thought these scratchers worked the way most of us thought they worked, while she was talking about them like they were just valid coupons / certs. She even checked one which I didn't realize she did or how and said it was no good.

I redeemed a few of those “Gamestop Scratchers” days & days ago... finally one of them arrived.. got 15,000 points added to my account... just noticed my points total went up & it was there when l check earlier.. no notification or email.. etc. etc.

So I just stopped by another store. The posted code didn't work. I was talking to the guy (we're on good terms) about these codes not posting and he said you can actually use the code from the scratch off itself. I only had a 10% to try but it worked!
If true, does anybody have the "50% extra trade credit" pro day coupon?

Today's "Mario Day" extra 10% off pre owned online only Mario games including retro and tangentially Mario related games.

No idea if it was mentioned but preorders of switch games count :) put 5 on Dark Souls and got the 70% no need for Has Been Heroes
the icing on the cake though is that has been heroes costs less than a preorder if youre clever about it

went back about 20 pages and didnt see it but, Does the 10 dollar pro coupon for select switch games or the 5 dollar for any switch game stack with the 70%?

Has it occurred to ya'll that maybe the b2g1 code isn't working for some of you is because it's for elite members only?
I'm an Elite member tho.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

No idea if it was mentioned but preorders of switch games count :) put 5 on Dark Souls and got the 70% no need for Has Been Heroes
This is a good alternative if it's out of stock. Has Been Heroes is $7 base and you also get $5 extra when you trade any switch game. You can get your trade credit back that way.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My B2G1 went through, they changed the exp date.

Offer valid 3/5/18 - 3/15/18. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Offer valid on a single pre-owned game. Free game must be of equal or lesser value. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason. 

Also, the b2g1 code, in question, worked for me yesterday. I bought 3 sets of 3 switch games (9 in total) and 3 of them adjusted to $0.00. I am an elite member too.

So I’m planning on unloading some games and controllers today to get an Xbox One X. I’ve got stuff like MHW, Kingdom Come, the Mario games for Switch, etc.. Their app tells me all this stuff comes out to be 326 dollars. So with the 70% bump up, that should add 228, right? Putting me at 554? If that’s the case, I’m able to walk out with an X, no cash spent.

So I’m planning on unloading some games and controllers today to get an Xbox One X. I’ve got stuff like MHW, Kingdom Come, the Mario games for Switch, etc.. Their app tells me all this stuff comes out to be 326 dollars. So with the 70% bump up, that should add 228, right? Putting me at 554? If that’s the case, I’m able to walk out with an X, no cash spent.
Do accessories get 70%

According to the promo print, accessories is included with the 70% bump. Considering this is Gs, can anyone confirm?

Damn so TIVs did drop. Wondering if it’s still worth it today.

Make sure you’re looking at the base value before you multiply by 1.7. Some people thing it’s 70% extra on top of the elite/pro values, which isn’t the case.

I’ve multiplied by .7, should I be multiplying by 1.7? I thought I knew how math worked, but maybe not.
Calculate the base TIV * 1.7 for the right amount. The 70% requires a new Switch game or console purchase as well.

My PUR points still haven’t updated since the 7th...wtf?

You're going to have to look at the base values of all the games before multiplying. I believe the app shows the grand totals with the 10% or 20% already applied.

It could be that he was adding the original value plus .7 of the original value ie:

10 + .7(10) = 17
1.7(10) = 17

Both work, but just multiplying by the percentage + 1.0 saves time.
That’s what I was doing. I was adding the amount to the base from the .7. For some odd reason it never occurred to me to skip a step and multiply 1.7. I was an education/history major. We don’t math well.

So how does the 70% work?

I’m elite pro. Say I trade in Mario Odyssey which is $33 for Elite Pro Members right now, does the 70% go off the 33 meaning I will get an extra 23.10 for a total of $56.10 towards a new game?

So how does the 70% work?

I’m elite pro. Say I trade in Mario Odyssey which is $33 for Elite Pro Members right now, does the 70% go off the 33 meaning I will get an extra 23.10 for a total of $56.10 towards a new game?
Take the Base price (in this case SMO Is 27.5) And then multiply it by 1.7 to get the price.

Did you do any trades or purchases besides the B2G1 stuff? Trying to figure out if it’s region-locked or what else triggers it to work...
I walked in said I was going to redeem this here coupon that my sister-in-law gave me to use, they scanned it and it worked. Only bought stuff.

Ok. So $46.75 for any game at 27.5. Not bad.
Only not bad if it can be combined with the b2g1 since it was $51 apiece last night. Glad I managed to get out and trade some stuff. I guess I'll try checking the code today but I won't get my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back