Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Things is, even 3 or 4% ain't too bad, not a slap in the face. If you just happened to have Best Buy Elite Plus and a Best Buy Credit Card and Games Club Unlocked I think it works out to as much as $6 or $7 (%) back on every $100 spent.

Things is, even 3 or 4% ain't too bad, not a slap in the face. If you just happened to have Best Buy Elite Plus and a Best Buy Credit Card and Games Club Unlocked I think it works out to as much as $6 or $7 (%) back on every $100 spent.
ohhhh I didn't thank about that :)

Like a credit card that gives you 1% cash back. This is an idustry standard. Somebody already did the consumer testing to figure what the minimum rewards need to get the maximum gain in sales. There's probably 1 report that's ever been done 20 years ago and every corporate flunky unwittingly relies on that data without knowing it's source.
I'm not necessarily mad about the standard, I mean free is free after all. I think the salt starts coming into play when you realize how much of a downgrade the new program is overall from the original Club Nintendo. The fact that they decided to give higher rewards for digital purchases while also giving you a system with 24gb available storage is also annoying. Again not complaining about free, just irritated with the way theyre going about it.

Are you all really bitching about getting 1% gold coins on games you bought just to flip?
Lol when you look at it that way it's a pretty sweet deal since we aren't actually losing any money on anything. Also are people actually flipping these now after the bump? Pretty sure the return is like $2...

I'm not necessarily mad about the standard, I mean free is free after all. I think the salt starts coming into play when you realize how much of a downgrade the new program is overall from the original Club Nintendo. The fact that they decided to give higher rewards for digital purchases while also giving you a system with 24gb available storage is also annoying. Again not complaining about free, just irritated with the way theyre going about it.
Agreed. Companies are gonna get backlash when they change stuff. It seems it was better than industry standard and now it's settling into standard. I'm on board with free is free. Just if I gotta do a lot of work it doesn't seem free.

I was looking for something to pre-order on Switch so I could get the extra trade value when I saw -
[attachment=29777:163564b.jpg]
Nintendo & Gamestop have been burying the lead & tryin' to hold out on us. No one need look any further for Switch games to pre-order. No Dragon Quest X, PSO2 or many other great Japanese games, but we gotta be certain we have a giant that wants to be a cop patrolling the shovel-ware bins at Wal-Mart. You wouldn't believe what goes on in there when Shaq Ataack's not around...

But seriously, had anyone hears of this coming out? I watched all the Nintendo Direct preview videos, but not the Direct itself, so maybe it was up in there at an awkward angle & I just overlooked it...?

Agreed. Companies are gonna get backlash when they change stuff. It seems it was better than industry standard and now it's settling into standard. I'm on board with free is free. Just if I gotta do a lot of work it doesn't seem free.
I agree for the most part, but I think it's a little shy of the industry standard (especially for anyone that visits the My Nintendo site more than once every 4 to 6 months). As you said, it's a HUGE downgrade from Club Nintendo, but I bet they lost money giving out the physical rewards, while they most certainly aren't losing any money running the My Nintendo rewards (& probably make money off it, in all likelihood).

What r the sheetz and how do I get them, so that I don't have to continue calling stores everyday to ask if trade in values tanked?
The sheets were put together by someone on this site. He had all the trade values for flipping, and kept them updated daily, which made it a lot easier.

As for where they are, there’s a reason why people keep saying they miss them. It’s because they are gone. Not sure what happened. Some drama apparently...

And as the person above me stated, just use the app to check trade in values. No need to call.

Anybody trigger the 70% by adding $5 to a switch game already preordered? Or does it default to the 40%? Or no boost?

ALSO! Points expire within 1 year of redemption AND you can't redeem games that have been out for over a year, which is some first party titles now. All my points conveniently expired the day before the change so I'm saltier than the dead sea at this point.

You must have not been around when the values weren’t on the app or website.
This forum was a lot different back then
Yeah I was. I helped report trade values of games traded back in the day to help the trade value thread. But today in this day and age calling for values is ridiculous and wastes not only the employees time but mine when I'm waiting in line and they have to answer the phone and field stupid questions.

Yeah I was. I helped report trade values of games traded back in they day to help the trade value thread. But today in this day and age calling for values is ridiculous and wastes not only the employees time but mine when I'm waiting in line and they have to answer the phone and field stupid questions.
There will be always be stupid people

U know the ones who ask if u got that madden

I got this email where it say you get 50% off official PS4/Xbox controller controller if you trade toward the same controller. Any idea what up
** Valid 2/25 - 3/13. Receive $30 credit toward the purchase of a new controller with qualified trade in.

What's the refurb fee on Dualshock 3 controller? The control pad goes crazy when I connect it. I opened it and cleaned it but it still won't work properly.

This happened to me on Friday 😂 walking in the parking lot with a stack of games and some guy started yelling if I had “the Madden”. I did not...
The people who pay $60 every year (full price, of course) for a game that’s the same as the previous model with just a few tweaks and updates are the biggest suckers in gaming.

The people who pay $60 every year (full price, of course) for a game that’s the same as the previous model with just a few tweaks and updates are the biggest suckers in gaming.
Call of Duty and Madden are the best selling franchises around. It's a wild time to be alive. I may run for President at this point.

I'm thinking about trading BotW on Wii U in with by 50% bonus ticket. Was it affected by the bump at all or has it been $25 base?
I got $42.50 for it on Friday, so looks like it hasn't negatively been affected by the tiv tank on Saturday. I think that's about the beat you're gonna do, as I haven't seen it go above $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back