Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I went inside two Gamestops this afternoon and asked if they were prestige (both had front door prestige signs up). They each said yes, and now im looking up online, it shows neither as prestige, and my home store was made prestige like two months ago, not showing prestige either. I feel like the webpage showing prestige stores is broken?
Did you use google maps or gamestop website? If there is a disparity between the two, I would say go with whichever is in agreement with what the employees said. It constantly changes.

4 copies of Dark Souls III (Xbox One) and 4 copies of Doom (PS4) in 30 days (plus other Redbox game and non-Redbox game trade-ins)
Did you keep up with total traded in? If so what was your total $ value. It’s possoble they’ve adjusted the threshold and if that’s the case we should start trying to figure out what it is now.

I can’t be getting many of my accounts blocked before it’s too difficult to flip games.

Did you keep up with total traded in? If so what was your total $ value. It’s possoble they’ve adjusted the threshold and if that’s the case we should start trying to figure out what it is now.

I can’t be getting many of my accounts blocked before it’s too difficult to flip games.
I don't know the total value but it can't be anywhere near $2,000 trade credit. I didn't take any cash for my trades.

damn, did they give any details on the ban itself?
I just got off the phone with customer service and got the response I expected. They won't tell me why I'm banned just that its for 90 days or possibly shorter. They said customer service would call me back in 3-5 business days to tell me the length of my ban and when it started.

You should be fine then unless you traded them all to one store which is a bad idea.
I went to multiple stores which is why I'm stumped as to why I'm banned. Either I got stealth JD'd or GameStop has changed their thresholds

Uh oh. I'm pretty close to the threshold. I'm gonna have to do my recounts.

[emoji54][emoji375] [emoji54][emoji375] [emoji54][emoji375]

Speaking of which when you count your rolling 30 days do you count today as the 1st day? Or the 0th day? Anybody count 31 days just to be safe?

[today] - 29
[today] - 30
[today] - 31
??? . . .

4 copies of Dark Souls III (Xbox One) and 4 copies of Doom (PS4) in 30 days (plus other Redbox game and non-Redbox game trade-ins)
Are you 100% sure you counted right? It's rolling days, not just days. Unless you're keeping track using speadsheets, it's easy to go over the game/trade limit. Boomerangs will get you. Adds up really quick if you're buying games at store A, trading said games from store A to store B, buying different games at store B, trading said games from store B to store C, buying different games at store C, trading said games from store C to store D, etc. etc.

Also trade promos have been spread out so that they're a little less than 30 days apart the past 2-ish months, so you could have easily exceeded the rolling 30 days without knowing.

Don't forget about the $2000 trade limit in rolling 30 days. I need to look at my receipts because I know that I'm close.

Are you 100% sure you counted right? It's rolling days, not just days. Unless you're keeping track using speadsheets, it's easy to go over the game/trade limit. Boomerangs will get you. Adds up really quick if you're buying games at store A, trading said games from store A to store B, buying different games at store B, trading said games from store B to store C, buying different games at store C, trading said games from store C to store D, etc. etc.

Also trade promos have been spread out so that they're a little less than 30 days apart the past 2-ish months, so you could have easily exceeded the rolling 30 days without knowing.
Yeah I just double-checked and I traded in a copy of Doom one day too early -_-

Sorry, didn't mean to scare people lol

Do the $2000 trade limits include the amount traded toward games?

For example, if I trade $200 in games toward $150 in games, is that 200 toward the 2000 or 50?

Because I’m almost certain I passed $2000 over the summer during the 70% extra bonus.

Yeah I just double-checked and I traded in a copy of Doom one day too early -_-

Sorry, didn't mean to scare people lol
I did the exact same thing during the summer. If I had just waited 1 more day, $200-$300 would have fallen off my accrued trades and I wouldn't have gone over the $2k limit and gotten a 90 day ban.

For example, if I trade $200 in games toward $150 in games, is that 200 toward the 2000 or 50?

Because I’m almost certain I passed $2000 over the summer during the 70% extra bonus.
The full $200 counts towards $2k. That's why I say back-to-back boomerangs will get you, cuz you're so focused on the profit you can make that you forget about the fact that there's a $2k ceiling.

$200. Keep the trade subtotal in mind on the receipt. It's what counts towards the trade limit. There's also the $500 cash trade limit. They're two separate limits so you can use up one and not the other.

I did the exact same thing during the summer. If I had just waited 1 more day, $200-$300 would have fallen off my accrued trades and I wouldn't have gone over the $2k limit and gotten a 90 day ban.

The full $200 counts towards $2k. That's why I say back-to-back boomerangs will get you, cuz you're so focused on the profit you can make that you forget about the fact that there's a $2k ceiling.
$200. Keep the trade subtotal in mind on the receipt. It's what counts towards the trade limit. There's also the $500 cash trade limit. They're two separate limits so you can use up one and not the other.
Oh damn. I’m pretty sure I’m not at the limit yet but I’ll switch to a friend’s elite membership so that I stay under the radar.

I don't know the total value but it can't be anywhere near $2,000 trade credit. I didn't take any cash for my trades.

I just got off the phone with customer service and got the response I expected. They won't tell me why I'm banned just that its for 90 days or possibly shorter. They said customer service would call me back in 3-5 business days to tell me the length of my ban and when it started.

I went to multiple stores which is why I'm stumped as to why I'm banned. Either I got stealth JD'd or GameStop has changed their thresholds
Customer service won't be calling it will probably be lost prevention. When I got my first ban a long time ago. LP called and basically asked 50 questions on why so many copies of games etc. Also if you do trade in to a bunch of different stores it does throw a red flag because I was asked about that as well. That's why I never call them if I ever get a ban.

Just did some numbers and I used up $1962.35 of my trade credit limit. The closest rolling 30 days that are up for me are on 2/16 and 2/24. Looks like the lego games that best buy has on hold for me are a no go for me unless the extra $5 bonus on Switch and bump last until Monday. I'll have $126 of trade credit free on Monday because it'll be a rolling 30 days after 2/16. I have a B2G1 free so I'll get the Switch games and use them for another bump because it's going to happen. I went too crazy with the flips and boomerangs. I got nervous seeing those numbers get higher and higher.

tenor.gif

Just did some numbers and I used up $1962.35 of my trade credit limit. The closest rolling 30 days that are up for me are on 2/16 and 2/24. Looks like the lego games that best buy has on hold for me are a no go for me unless the extra $5 bonus on Switch and bump last until Monday. I'll have $126 of trade credit free on Monday because it'll be a rolling 30 days after 2/16. I have a B2G1 free so I'll get the Switch games and use them for another bump because it's going to happen. I went too crazy with the flips and boomerangs. I got nervous seeing those numbers get higher and higher.
tenor.gif
Just make another breh. Not like they take fingerprints lol.

Customer service won't be calling it will probably be lost prevention. When I got my first ban a long time ago. LP called and basically asked 50 questions on why so many copies of games etc. Also if you do trade in to a bunch of different stores it does throw a red flag because I was asked about that as well. That's why I never call them if I ever get a ban.
Yeah, now that I realized it was my own F-Up I regret calling customer service. Well if LP calls I'll just play dumb and be like you have the wrong number lol. My PUR phone number is not my current cell phone number

Can’t be right. Don’t see any prestige store around my area in North DFW area. Usually there are 3-4 prestige stores but none now? Did GS changed the way Prestige stores are identified on their site?

They take your ID at every transaction? I’ve only been asked for twice out of maybe 8 trades in Illinois.
Once your ID is tied to a account it still counts even if you don't have to use a ID for the trade. For instance if you have two separate accounts and both of them have had a trade in with your ID. Your ID will be locked to both accounts so if you hit a ban on one account it will effect the others that are linked to your ID.

Once your ID is tied to a account it still counts even if you don't have to use a ID for the trade. For instance if you have two separate accounts and both of them have had a trade in with your ID. Your ID will be locked to both accounts so if you hit a ban on one account it will effect the others that are linked to your ID.
But if I’m using a friend’s account, how would they know? I suppose they could ask randomly, but they’ve only asked me once or twice on the first day of having the account and I think it was because my ID hadn’t been associated with my account yet. Haven’t been asked for ID since.

That’s good to know. In my state it used to be a toss up on whether or not they’d ask for ID and/or do fingerprints but now it’s pretty much 98% of the time. It’s still very YMMV on if they will accept trades with an expired license but I guess that’s everywhere.
I’m just happy I don’t have to pay sales tax on credit purchases.

BTW there's an Easter Sale that starts on Sunday that will run that week. Usual suspects regarding deals (i.e. GTA V $29.99 etc.). The PS4 Playlink titles are all on sale for $4.99 each. I'll post highlights later when I get home from work ;)
So...are you home from work yet?

I thought trade limit was $1000, $2k when you run two accounts?
The only limit of which I am aware that is $1000 is the amount of trade credit that can go on one card.

Can’t be right. Don’t see any prestige store around my area in North DFW area. Usually there are 3-4 prestige stores but none now? Did GS changed the way Prestige stores are identified on their site?
The only one I see in the DFW area marked as Prestige is in Irving. This is reflected at www.gamestop.com, Google Maps, and the GameStop app.

The only limit of which I am aware that is $1000 is the amount of trade credit that can go on one card.

The only one I see in the DFW area marked as Prestige is in Irving. This is reflected at www.gamestop.com, Google Maps, and the GameStop app.
The Irving one is my home store! Even though it doesn't show on google and on the app there is one in Coppell and Garland that are also Prestige stores and have confirmed they'd be having the sale tomorrow when I called them earlier.

The Irving one is my home store! Even though it doesn't show on google and on the app there is one in Coppell and Garland that are also Prestige stores and have confirmed they'd be having the sale tomorrow when I called them earlier.
Good to hear, I'll call my usual suspects tomorrow.

A little off topic but SAVER no longer works at Gamestop?  Is there some other code that can be used for free shipping of in-stock items?  Thanks

The one on Broadway in Garland is still a Prestige

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

A little off topic but SAVER no longer works at Gamestop? Is there some other code that can be used for free shipping of in-stock items? Thanks
I’m pretty sure the only way to get free shipping is with an elite account and an order of $35 or more.

I've been banned a good few hundred short of the limit before and well under the game limit. Most likely you got flagged by a JD. I had the happen to me on a simple trade in because I used the $5 barcode from my phone back when that was a thing.

I read the last few pages but want to double-check before I trade tomorrow if values hold: Is the best trade-in offer the 40% NiNoKuni/SoT + 10% Prestige store promotion? I have that $10 Switch trade-in on my account but somebody said that doesn't stack so I assume it is a no go.

Also, is it still true that if you buy games from one store and trade in at another on the same day they won't see the transaction history? One of my local store's is run by JD so I won't even bother trying to buy and flip if it isn't the case.

The prestige 10% usually stacks with any other offers. The 40% should be more than the $10 for most switch games on that list.

They can’t see same day transactions, but they can call/txt from store to store if they think you’re boomeranging.

Only two GS in town, but the non-prestige has all the best games. Don't want to be annoying and return/rebuy multiple games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back